PDA

View Full Version : Server Status

Rogean
10-28-2011, 12:14 AM
I don't really have time to read through all the posts in the last couple weeks and sort through the bullshit.

I need a thread where there is a solid discussion with cliff notes on what needs to be addressed before the server goes live. I am not looking for individual opinions, I'm looking for people who can summarize the consensus of the players, and this should be from people who have played in the last 2 weeks. If you are not capable of doing this, don't post here. Better yet.. I want every post here to lead off with what your ingame character name is. Don't lie.. you won't like the consequence.

Main topics:

Spell System - Generally Good / Bad? Any tweaks needed?
Dynamic PVP System - Since it's been working now.. Good / Bad?
PvP Range - This is changing soon.. either to a straight 5 or 6 level difference or a dynamic difference based on levels, with lower levels having a smaller pvp range and scaling all the way to the current 8 level difference at around level 40.

Any other general mechanic issues that need to be addressed.

Looking at a mid november release now.

Legacy items will be in this weekend. I finally finished the backend system needed so we can add these back to the database without affecting the blue server, so now nilbog just needs to go in and do that.

Macken
10-28-2011, 12:17 AM
Add topic request:

A leaderboard is drasticly needed wether the population has enough wisdom to understand it yet or not. Considering they have voted for it or YT in a 2 to 1 margin, it looks like they are wise enough.

Thanks for your consideration.

Pudge
10-28-2011, 12:44 AM
in game name: Pudge

responding to:
Add topic request:

A leaderboard is drasticly needed wether the population has enough wisdom to understand it yet or not. Considering they have voted for it or YT in a 2 to 1 margin, it looks like they are wise enough.

Thanks for your consideration.

Answer: no

L1ch
10-28-2011, 12:45 AM
spawns stuck @ upper guk entrance - graphic glitch?

Softcore PK
10-28-2011, 12:48 AM
In game name: Belle, 14 cleric. I tested the resists of my own spells (root, blind, stun) on myself, and they seem good at this level. Scaling level range maxing at 8+/- at 40 is perfect. If cannot scale, I feel 8+/- is necessary.

EDIT: Once dynamic range is working fine, the level range will probably matter a lot less.

EDIT 2: It would be really great to see players take faction hits for killing people in their hometowns. And the guards assisting in pvp using faction levels.

Pudge
10-28-2011, 12:59 AM
I'll talk the incremental natural range over with the others. I'm thinking something like this..

+/- 4 until 20
5 until 40
6 until 50
8 51+

two players able to attack eachother would be determined by the lowest level player's range. Still affected by the dynamic range system.

i thought this was great for level range scaling.

however it ends up, please make it +/- 4 at least till level 20

L1ch
10-28-2011, 01:04 AM
+1 level scaling

Scowl
10-28-2011, 01:15 AM
Characters: Knahsgin - 50 mage, Plep - 46 cleric.

I enjoy the resist system. Don't care to nit-pick about tweaks. I do believe CC's landing more often for shorter durations and also removing movement buffs is a good offset. Anything further is going to sway a lot from classic and cause more issues than it manages to fix.

PvP Range - This is changing soon.. either to a straight 5 or 6 level difference or a dynamic difference based on levels, with lower levels having a smaller pvp range and scaling all the way to the current 8 level difference at around level 40.

These go hand-in-hand for me. Drop the dynamic system and set a permanent level range for PvP, whether it scales or not. Dynamic system is a mess waiting to happen. There shouldn't be another minute spent working on that system.

No issues with the server are significant enough for me to spend my time caring about, regardless of what class I play. I'm not going to change my mind about playing because melee range and damage is a little off, or spells land too much/too little. Overall everything seems decent - I'm sure minor tweaks will be required after release but that should be expected, nothing to cry about.

M.Bison
10-28-2011, 01:17 AM
Looking at a mid november release now.

Does this apply to the release of VP as well?

Also pvp level range should be +/- 4 levels from 1 - 50 imo.

Kringe
10-28-2011, 01:27 AM
Dontbrag - 50 Mage

Spell System - Decent so far, quite a few things still need addressed heavily - Dispelling your own pet (huge) Dispelling NPCS etc.. Few bugs people have posted need heavily addressed. (I would discuss internally your plans on overwriting spells(movement and what not)and the plans to move forward with or without it)

Parital resists need more tweaking - I think 50/60 resists in FR/CR shouldnt be neting the partial resist rates we are seeing now. Partials shouldnt be kicking off until around 90+ of a resist, its simply to easy to get 50-60 in a single resist, effort should be applied before characters should start resisting spells of any nature, not just being naked with a Resist buff.(example posted in Lovelys thread w/screenshots)

Dynamic PVP System - Great Idea Rogean and I like where you are going with it.. However, simply too flakey off and on and I think just making the Hotspots (Lower Guk, SolB etc... ) a FFA zone would remedy everything everyone is looking for and avoid alot of drama moving forward (and or negative feedback on changes to the custom Dynamic setup)

PVP Range - I am a happy with whatever we end up with, however... RZ's +4-4 seems to be the most balanced given the leveling system and or spell gap in classic between spell upgrades.. I think most will agree here. I do think 5 would be fine as well.

Legacy Items There are a few (for reasons being I dont want to mention on the forums, then everyone will know of/and or farm) I am hoping to see implemented as they are decent items with time invested that could be obtained before removed...
For that list if you are unsure I would be happy to pm (with proof of their existence in classic) No not Eggshape pumice etc either... Real legit items (non artifact)

Huge Huge issue that should be addressed and one of the most important - Recharging of Items .... I am a huge proponent of utility items and will farm them like no other, but I fear this will destroy pvp for the server.... If recharging is left in make it expensive (currently 294x2 plat (no charisma buff) to recharge golem wands... I havent (and no one has I take it) have tested - Conflag wands, Wand of Souls/ Shocking Steel Mage Wands, but if they are anywhere close to the cost of Golem Wands (You can see where this is/will be heading right?)... Address this asap before the server turns into a clicky fest.
We should either
A) Remove it now or
B) Make it very expensive to do so upfront, the consequences of not doing so now and addressing this later on will only ensure a cry fest about so and so did it for weeks/months and now you nerf it.. etc...

Suggestion - The levels that are being talked about for the event on Sunday, Let people keep them, its beta and its been open for abit now, more 50s on the server of the few classes people may want to try out on Live may encourage more pvp and bring about some of the future conflicts you may run into later on.. (IE People may do planes, fight in the planes etc..) these are things if we address ahead of time the rules/decsions can be hashed out before release instead of a on the fly cluster fuck. (This doesnt mean you trolls try and make 10 different level 1s to get gear etc... Maybe Rogean/Null can come up with a system to prevent this ... IE the summon idea I thru out in the Event thread itself.) But letting people try out classes/bugs and move closer to the higher end is what we should be testing over the next few weeks...

Thats it for now, Alot of the server is top notch and I am utterly impressed at its stability and or mostly classic feel. Few things we iron out and it should maintain a very healthy population.

I'll edit this post as I move forward.. and do more testing... IT just doesnt give me any reason to want to login at the moment considering I play a mage (pet can be CC'd so easily) and I can do nothing about it. But am willing to test out things to help progress.

Kringe

VanEyck
10-28-2011, 01:33 AM

I'm not sure what the point of a dynamic pvp system is. If someone is OOR healing, you are probably going to have trouble killing them along with your in-range target anyway, so having them open to attack is largely a moot point.

Secondly, its behaves very strangely. I attacked a group of 4 levelling in Mistmoore. 2 light blues in range (red names), and 2 OOR characters in range through the dynamic system (orange names). After some fighting and OOR healing, we all zoned. On the other side ALL of them were out of range again (blue names). The conclusion to that fight was all of us sitting together medding like it was okay.

Also, there are times when I engage a group just to have someone that was previous out of range high become red and start nuking the crap out of me. Are they flagged because I attacked their group mate? I enter the fight thinking "Oh good, hes out of range" then BOOM I'm dead.

As far as I can tell, though my nightly psychopathic forays, the dynamic system causes more problems with OOR players than it resolves. I wish I could be 'certain' of who I am fighting or not fighting before I start a battle.

These are just my observations, but if I could have things my way, a straight 1-50 -/+ 8 system like classic TZ would be grand. Noob PVP is just as fun as 50 pvp, so I wouldn't want any scaling back of that either.

Edit: In game name is Vaneyck

Cwall
10-28-2011, 01:38 AM
Red Wood Wands take like 8pp to recharge don't they?

Shit's pretty retarded.

Mardur
10-28-2011, 01:43 AM
Character name: Donal / Drew

Main topics:

It's good enough, but I haven't had much experience past level 34 and higher end resists due to not having much time to play on beta. Based on research/posts on this forum, it seems decent enough to go live and maybe we can make tweaks once there's a lot more action. The only suggestion I have is maybe have level not make quite a dramatic difference on resists, but this is based on not much PvP at all. Hard to really get the perfect feel on how resists are handling on such a ghost town of a server. I rarely run into any pvp vs. others. But I felt a very significant difference between people higher / lower level to me when it comes to spells landing.

Good in my experience, not sure if it's still able to be abused, haven't really tested exploiting it. Need others to comment on if they're still experiencing bugs with it.

Scaling would be best. Lower level camps support a very strict range of levels, whereas higher level camps can be useful for 15 levels (solb royals 35-50 for example). Maybe something like:
1-19: +-4
20-34: +-6
35-50: +-8

Illusions need to be fixed. See the Minor Illusion thread in the bug forum, although this affects all illusions.

Faction and NPC assist is the #1 thing that should be added before launch. I understand it may be a nightmare to code, but being able to max out a faction and create a home base is a great tool. It also makes people leery to gank in cities as they would be unsure who would have the highest faction. It's a special element to PvP servers that's currently missing here.

Also I'd appreciate if you would read and respond to my current thread in the Petition forum. Thank you~

Pudge
10-28-2011, 02:03 AM
ya. just straight up don't let ppl recharge items. will be retarded

Xantille
10-28-2011, 02:05 AM
reserved for (hopefully) slaying people on sunday evening and testing resists, melee etc.

Doors
10-28-2011, 02:10 AM
Dreary 50 wizard

Please address item charging.

Macken
10-28-2011, 02:10 AM
Can't remember beta name.

Dynamic pvp range is possibly the dumbest idea ever created on a pvp server.

You cause way more problems than you thought you would solve. (which you can't)

If you try to implement a dynamic range, we will still be dealing with the fallout and bugs 3 years from now if the server can last that long.

If you don't make it 6-50 or at least a wide enough range to quash the needless problems that not having it 6-50 creates, you will pay for it for as long as you don't change it.

Either way you are screwed unless you listen.

6-50 free trade pvp is the only way.

THE ONLY WAY.

You have been warned over and over and over.

You will not have any excuse once the truth is finally discovered by the ignorant masses.

Darwoth
10-28-2011, 02:23 AM
darwoth

spell system is much improved, however nukes are resisting far to frequently and for far to much. you will usually partially resist at 70 - 80 resistance which is simply not how it should be and the minimum damage (32) happens roughly 30 - 50% of the time on a target with 120 - 140 resist. i know your not attempting to emulate the classic resistance system for some reason, however it bears mentioning that at 200+ resistance during the classic timeframe you would still be taking half of the damage the overwhelming majority of the time.

as such the resistance system currently in place, while working instead of simply broken as previously is not quite right either, end game classic era gear will see people sporting 150 resistance, kunark era gear will make it so that nothing lands at all.

dynamic level range seems to be working fine, never really had a problem with it anyway though since i dont go around shitting on newbs so cant comment much on that.

the level range NEEDS to remain 8 at 40+, a narrow range made for a shitty experience on rallos with thousands of players, will be exponentially worse on an emulator with hundreds of players. no targets means bored players and mass quitting due to boredom. should just leave it how it is or open it up all the way, if you HAVE to narrow it a scaling system is the lesser of two evils.

Darwoth
10-28-2011, 02:26 AM
charging needs to remain how it is, most items cost hundreds of platinum to recharge, the singular one that does not is the newbie redwood wand which is worth all of about 100 damage in pvp against anyone that is not naked anyway.

if some idiot is trying to shuffle through bags to kill you with wands and you dont slay them your prob retarded.

Cwall
10-28-2011, 02:30 AM
charging needs to remain how it is, most items cost hundreds of platinum to recharge, the singular one that does not is the newbie redwood wand which is worth all of about 100 damage in pvp against anyone that is not naked anyway.

if some idiot is trying to shuffle through bags to kill you with wands and you dont slay them your prob retarded.

you realize they're instant potentially 250 damage a piece right? not to mention they're AoE

Toomuch
10-28-2011, 02:37 AM
In Game: Shiftymcgee - Druid, and Expendible - Warrior

Certain people are complaining about not being able to singlehandedly cast their least efficient nukes and kill a HP buffed ogre tank class from full life to dead in less than 10 seconds. I am of the opinion that if certain classes are made powerful enough to do that, THEN you've got a spell system to fix. In short, I think it's good for now. CC does have utility, but isn't the 100% game breaker that it could be. It might need some *slight* tweaking as we go and certain situations are encountered and deemed imbalanced, but I say lets give it a try on live with more numbers, and adjust as necessary. Thanks for your hard work on this Null and friends, seriously.

It's much better than it was before, but I still can't say I fully understand the most current system. It was one way, with A B and C exceptions to the rules, then it was updated and X Y and Z were the new tricks to get around it, etc. I do believe it has gotten better though. I do like a system that lets lower level people get into the fight if they were previously unflagged, it's kinda like a bunch of peasant scrubs banding together and sticking it to the man, with the consequence of becoming flagged (until when, death? zone? set time period? not sure on this) for pvp with higher levels. The things I didn't like about this system was how it seemed to often favor the higher level player, and how easy it was that they could find ways to grief greeny.

I like this idea a lot. 8 levels at the beginning of the game, especially with normal experience rates in classic, would be devastating. I think 4 levels MAX range at low level is better, building up to an 8 range is good. People didn't seem to notice the range so much on beta, because you could just grind real hard for a few hours and all the sudden be higher level than the person that was just 4 levels higher than you. On live, this will be a different story entirely, and it would be VERY apparent at lower levels that the people 8 levels above you could keep you from doing anything if they were able to make you lose exp and take your lunch money at level 4 when they are level 12. Just think of a couple level 12 mage and necro pals running around a newbie zone griefing people off the server that are grinding skeletons for rusties and cloth. Yeah, pass on that. On Sullon Zek there was a fair bit of greeny griefing, but you couldn't LOOT greeny, and greeny could run to his guards or guildmaster for protection, because if you CONTINUED to kill him in his city, you lost faction there. Summary - +-4 at the start should be the MAX, maybe even +-3 at the very very start, but scale it up to +-8 at the high end to encourage the pee vee pee.

QUESTION: Is the PVP Death buff coming back? It seemed odd to me, and I was never quite sure what to think about this idea, but if the coding for it could all be ironed out 100%, it would help resolve a lot of the griefing greeny issues that could arise. (sorry if this question has been answered elsewhere. I don't have all the time in the world to troll the forums either)

All in all, thanks to the devs for all your work. Sorry for all the asshats giving you shit, don't mind them. There are plenty of us that <3 u for this!

Darwoth
10-28-2011, 02:39 AM
yeah i realize it, and like i said if you have any kind of FR at all you wont be taking more than 100 damage unless your unlucky, especially with the current resistance system.

everything else costs a shitload of money to recharge and all of the other damage clickers i know of are class specific (including from inventory) and lore with the easier to get ones (kedge) being no drop as well so already unchargeable. this mostly leaves golem wands and if someone wants to blow 600 platinum to strip my buffs ill laugh, gate, rebuff and come back in 5 minutes.

the only other commonly available damage clicker is ivandyrs hoop, which has been nerfed to be unchargeable and reward rate is so low i spent 5k in rubies before giving up on getting one.

really isnt an issue, if anything adjust the charge price of redwoods. dont go shitting up an entire classic mechanic on account of the newbwand.

Cwall
10-28-2011, 03:11 AM
the problem with red wood wand is that it's so easily obtainable at a low level and the server will have a lot of pvp happening pre-50 since the exp rate is so low. there's a huge level gap where people won't have enough FR to prevent 1-2 wands from instakilling them.

at 50, it will be pretty much irrelevant, i agree

i also don't think you should eliminate recharging of items entirely, but the cost of recharging some things really needs to be changed.

Darwoth
10-28-2011, 03:22 AM
dunno, i got a few of them for testing early on in the beta and it took quite a while to get a pair and the location is not one commonly used for experience, on launch the time would be much better spent getting 2 or 3 levels imo.

most people aren't even aware of them and those that are are made so by threads like this =P

im sure there will be a person or two running around at level 20 with a few of them being a pain in the ass, however that person is dropping 50 plat each time they kill some level 20 newbie with 7 gold while the rest of the server is 20 levels higher and unaffected.

doesnt warrant a change imo since a blanket nerf will affect level 50 pvp/pve/convienance and the wands wont be much of an issue in their target level range and any issue at all at higher levels where everyone will end up.

rivalxl
10-28-2011, 03:28 AM
Kiarie 39 Druid

I feel the resist rates are good at the moment but not many of my opponents have higher resists.

I do feel that you should either increase the duration on higher level snares and roots or maybe give them a -10 to their respective resist. There is no reason for a druid to cast anything higher then their level 1 snare in pvp because both the level 1 snare and level 29 ensnare both only last 30 seconds. I was beyond disappointed when i got to level 29 and found this out.

I was with Vaneyck when we were trying to take the guys in MM. I feel the dynamic system is kinda un needed. If someone has an oor healer then leave.

PvP Range

I think with beta it works because of the lack of people, if everyone who talks about playing actually plays then we shouldn't have to worry about this.

It might be nice to add soul binders to the game to allow melee's more freedom and less of a run on death other then that nothing that i can think of. There are a few small nit picks but nothing game changing.

Cwall
10-28-2011, 03:30 AM
well as it stands around level 20-30 you can pretty much instagib somebody with 2-3 wands and only spend like 20pp, which is pretty discouraging and broken.

i mean like i said i think they should only change the cost of this particular item. a lot of newcomers to a red server aren't going to want to play very much with some jackass who can wipe their entire group without risk and probably recharge it with the amount of money they drop.

it does take a while to get them, but they're such a strong tool to have at that range that it would be worth it.

Darwoth
10-28-2011, 03:31 AM
the higher level snare is .2 seconds faster casting, dont think they can do anything about the 30 seconds issue without a client modification =/

rivalxl
10-28-2011, 03:36 AM
the higher level snare is .2 seconds faster casting, dont think they can do anything about the 30 seconds issue without a client modification =/

Sadly that .2 seconds is not worth 20 mana till you are much higher level then when you get it, and even then its kind of a toss up.

Macken
10-28-2011, 04:19 AM

I now understand why a minority of people can't understand why free trade pvp is the only way.

They are still stuck on trying to figure out if re-charging is a good idea or not.

I cannot expect a community who doesn't even understand the consequences of re-charging to understand such advanced concepts as the consequences of +/- 4 level range pvp.

Those of you who are still confused and who are not ready for pvp 102, can send me a tell in the months and years coming up when you feel you have advanced far enough in pvp intelligence to try the advanced courses.

Cwall
10-28-2011, 05:18 AM

I now understand why a minority of people can't understand why free trade pvp is the only way.

They are still stuck on trying to figure out if re-charging is a good idea or not.

I cannot expect a community who doesn't even understand the consequences of re-charging to understand such advanced concepts as the consequences of +/- 4 level range pvp.

Those of you who are still confused and who are not ready for pvp 102, can send me a tell in the months and years coming up when you feel you have advanced far enough in pvp intelligence to try the advanced courses.

lol i can't believe you still think anybody gives a shit about what you say

Lovely
10-28-2011, 05:43 AM
If anyone wanna waste their time farming clickers before 50 I highly welcome them. You won't even have enough PP to recharge them anyway unless you waste 10 levels farming platinum to kill a few people at low levels.

If anything should have a nerf it's Golem Metal Wands. They are so overpowered it's almost beyond retarded. You strip every single buff a player has in 0.1 second and then easily kill them. Recharging them for 300pp is no issue at all. Casters can farm way over 1k per hour at several locations and you don't even need half a Golem Metal Wand to ensure 100% victory in a battle.

Personally I don't really care if you nerf recharging or not but if you do. Then Golem Metal Wand is the one to nerf the most. Same with Ivandyr's hoop but I think it's already been nerfed due to blue99 abusing it on raids?

Galacticus
10-28-2011, 06:14 AM
Evil 50 mage 32 Bard 21 sk

Generally Good. I would like more evidence of resists on different resist gear levels. I have noticed my MR go up but my ability to resist magic effects has not gone up with it from what I can recognize. There needs to be some solid testing with resist numbers.

I want to see at 0 fire resist you never resist fire spells , and when you have like 150 you always resist them.

I think PC cons should reflect the Dynamic PVP system. I like how it worked while leveling, but once I hit 50, I would target someone from a distance, they would con blue, and I chase them across the zone just to see they are out of my level range, you can con blue to a 50 at like 38 or something.

PvP Range - Seems good to me.

I think that the melee damage that mobs do to players is too high/hit too often OR players aren't hitting hard or often enough. It should be a one to one ratio.

The way that damage should scale for players is much like how the mage pets are. At 35 my mage pet would quad for 28 with some 8/38 weapons. At 35 a warrior with the current system would have a round like this: miss miss 18 12.

I remember it would always be more dps to use 1 handers for pve. My friends Ranger and Warrior both do way more damage with a 2 hander.

Lovely
10-28-2011, 06:25 AM
Red Wood Wands take like 8pp to recharge don't they?

Shit's pretty retarded.

This might be the first time in 12 years of Everquest that someone complain about Red Wood Wands lol. The only reason they were good was because the resist system was broken and no CC spells worked. So it was the only way to kill someone if they ran away. If someone flee now with the current resist system then you can just stun/snare/root them and nuke again. You can't even cast spells when you spam those wands and the damage they do at level 50 on someone with gear is almost none, especially since they have +25 FR modifier. You'll be way better off casting spells. They also take up spots in your inventory for actually good clickers like Pumice, Golem wands, Jboots or for items you use to gear swap.

You can also run next to the person if someone use them and they will nuke themselves for 33% more damage then yourself. If this item is an issue for anyone then you're just truly a bad player.

Cwall
10-28-2011, 06:32 AM
i don't think you understand that there will be a lot of time spent in the lower levels(at which these are easily obtained)

i already admitted that they're worthless at 50

this isn't 12 years ago when nobody knew about abusable shit like this

Lovely
10-28-2011, 07:09 AM
Last time I post about these stupid wands. You don't understand how impossible it is to use these at low levels or how useless they actually are at lower levels. First of all you won't be able to afford it and even if you have been farming some high PP location between level 25-35 for days then it's still gonna be expensive as FUCK to use them (if anyone actually bother with that then they are also beyond stupid cause they could be gaining loads of levels and using PP to buy important gear or other things instead). Second you can't even run around with a lot of PP on a brand new pvp server so if you actually wanna recharge them you have to go to the bank lol. Then you still have to camp them at a useless zone/location which also takes forever.

Personally I only like to use them at level 50 when you nuke someone down to like 1-5% and don't have any low level nukes up on your bar. Then it's nice to have a little DD clicker to finish someone off. But there is no way in this world that this is an issue of any kind for the Devs to fix. I could name 100 items that would need fixing before these do if we're talking about something overpowered.

Might as well start removing or nerfing items like Gatorsmash Maul if we gonna start bringing up minor items that won't affect PVP or the server in any way. This Maul however lasts forever. All you have to do is an easy noob quest quest at low levels and then you'll have a weapon that destroys everyone in PVP and lasts to level 50 and beyond.

VanEyck
10-28-2011, 07:17 AM
you can't even run around with a lot of PP on a brand new pvp server so if you actually wanna recharge them you have to go to the bank lol.

Well later in the game it would be really easy to twink out a low level with them wouldn't it? I used one during some low level pvp in crushbone during beta and my victims freaked the fuck out. And I'm pretty sure in your screen shots when you so kindly tested resistances, I saw you had like 4 in your bag at the ready. It would be easy to abuse something like that wouldnt it?

Lovely
10-28-2011, 07:27 AM
Well later in the game it would be really easy to twink out a low level with them wouldn't it? I used one during some low level pvp in crushbone during beta and my victims freaked the fuck out. And I'm pretty sure in your screen shots when you so kindly tested resistances, I saw you had like 4 in your bag at the ready. It would be easy to abuse something like that wouldnt it?

Yes I used them when resist system was broken and CC didn't work. Now I'll have 1 up at most in PVP cause they take place for important things. Sure you can twink with them, you can also twink with ridiculous gear and items? So I don't really see the issue.

Dojii
10-28-2011, 07:45 AM
this thread;

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/753/jesuschriststatue600.jpg

Cwall
10-28-2011, 07:47 AM
it actually doesn't surprise me that lovely is defending a crutch a bad player can use to win

Lasher
10-28-2011, 08:08 AM
Dont mind recharging but if certain clickies are cheap to recharge then i believe it can be an issue.

Also think golem wands are dropping more then i remember, but my memory is 11ish years old?

Lovely
10-28-2011, 08:10 AM
it actually doesn't surprise me that lovely is defending a crutch a bad player can use to win

Grats on ruining the thread and making it into a shitfest. WELL DONE CWALL you've once again that you truly are a dumbass.

<------- This bad player has raped everyone on beta without Gear or any click items. I did 90% of my PVP when I had no resist gear at all and no click items. Once I got them I had already grown bored of the beta. The only thing I've logged on to do the last 2 weeks is to test resists and nothing else.

I want my wands and I'm not gonna deny it! Cause it's it saves me 1x spellslot. Especially now when Shock of Lightning is broken and gives you full resists 50% of the time. But if there is a list of things to nerf then these wands will be among the last things. If you wanna balance the game.

Dojii
10-28-2011, 08:13 AM
its ok guys. we all get mad some tymes.

Rust1d?
10-28-2011, 08:53 AM
In game name will be Twizzlers. I have not made a character yet however I do have some input:

PvP Range: I think pvp should start at lv 6. This gives players, mostly those new to PvP a chance to get their feet wet, buy some weapons/armor and get a few spells. This also eliminates level 5 players for example griefing on lv 1 players.

The pvp range should be +/- 4 up until lv 35, then move to +/-8.

Amuk
10-28-2011, 09:17 AM
In game name Iamstasis. 18 wood elf rogue.

Think you should ban people like Lovely for wasting your time in this thread, thank you.

Samoht
10-28-2011, 09:21 AM

I think PC cons should reflect the Dynamic PVP system. I like how it worked while leveling, but once I hit 50, I would target someone from a distance, they would con blue, and I chase them across the zone just to see they are out of my level range, you can con blue to a 50 at like 38 or something.

That's a good point. And the con needs to be white for all people in your range, not blue. Take the strategical advantage away from those who wish to prey solely on people who are more vulnerable. If a 32 cons the same to a level 40 as a 48, maybe he'll think twice before nuking someone just because they con blue instead of yellow/red.

That's how it was on SZ live when I played.

Think you should ban people like Lovely and Macken for wasting your time in this thread, thank you.

fixed that for you

Palemoon
10-28-2011, 09:23 AM
I always keep my forum and in game identities seperate. Roleplayer here. Anyways..

Faction and NPC assist is the #1 thing that should be added before launch. I understand it may be a nightmare to code, but being able to max out a faction and create a home base is a great tool. It also makes people leery to gank in cities as they would be unsure who would have the highest faction. It's a special element to PvP servers that's currently missing here.

The above is a priority for server release, hand in hand with the ongoing faction fixes. I wont comment on the rest since ive spent beta doing low level pvp and low level questing. But from a low level end, +/- 8 level range is too much for lvl 20's and under.

valithteezee
10-28-2011, 09:44 AM
Shartstains- 45 Barb Rogue

Spell System - Hard to tell because I don't have any resists. Everything lands on me now like it's supposed to at 30MR. Hopefully Sunday I'll get some resist gear and update my post. Also if root canceling sow has not been changed I think this should be considered.

Dynamic PVP System - No bueno. Too many ways for this to be abused/grief people.

PvP Range - 8 levels has been the norm since as long as I can remember but changing it to 6 would balance the game a bit more. +1

Overall, I have had a really fun time on beta and besides the 10x rate it's pretty close to how I remember it in 2000-2001.

As far as rogue is concerned I would like the coyote tail ingredient added to WK if it hasn't been already, as this is a key ingredient to make blind poison and is very important in solo/group pvp.

Also, can any melees/casters chime in here with their experience on interrupting a casters channeling? It seems like an extremely low chance to interrupt/pushback at the moment, even with two melees swinging at them. Would like feedback from others.

veto
10-28-2011, 10:50 AM
Character Veto (50 nec, 50 mage, 50 cleric, 50 druid, 44 bard)

Main topics:

Generally good, except it seems silly that if we can't fear players then why should we be able to fear their pets?

Saw someone get mezzed today then their pet was feared into a train..

Also seems like pets do 50% damage in pvp, mages are pretty weak if they can't get off their main nuke (which is magic, most common resist)

Dynamic PVP System - Since it's been working now.. Good / Bad? No complaints here, works pretty well..What happened to the pvp res immunity? I thought it was a nice change for people getting bind camped.

Those crimson potions seem pretty lame too, seems to really make enchanters useless besides for slowing/buff stripping. Does the ivandyr's hoop change on blue follow over to red?

Amuk
10-28-2011, 11:19 AM
It wasn't pvp immunity, it was pvp exp loss immunity - are you seriously asking for pvp immunity on cr hahah.

Sprinkle
10-28-2011, 12:11 PM

Currently fine , although not classic and bias toward melee
i feel the pvp spell dmg global reduction is a very unfair choice

worst idea ever , whoever thought of it has no experience with eq pvp at all
in the 1 scenario it will work it wont work in 10
get rid of it completely

PvP Range

4 levels up and down , with a CLEAR REPRESENTATION OF A PLAYER IN RANGE
whats that mean? if they are pvpable they should con EVEN
if below GREEN
if above RED

the current system is epicly gay ive nuked so many blues and reds only to see a protected message that just opens up my pvp range

then they can attack me and i cant hit them awesome idea

and as for mid november release , thanks for pushing it back over and over , try putting forth some effort and doing something on time if you give a date for once stick to it.

or just say winter release like other game companies so we dont look forward to it only to be disappointed

veto
10-28-2011, 12:12 PM
It wasn't pvp immunity, it was pvp exp loss immunity - are you seriously asking for pvp immunity on cr hahah.

no, read it again, you missed it

Dojii
10-28-2011, 12:12 PM
yo valith just wondering but do u have a feces fetish?

Shinabaa
10-28-2011, 12:42 PM
Lvl 3 necro Chinabat

There are 2 spell merchants in the necro guild that have the same spells i think 8-12 or 8-16, anyways there is no merchant with 1-4 spells.

juicedsixfo
10-28-2011, 01:07 PM
I need a thread where there is a solid discussion with cliff notes on what needs to be addressed before the server goes live.

Juice, Ogre Swamp Defender

What's the word/status/decision on city guard faction à la Rallos Zek/Sullon Zek: Home town guards assist in PvP if you have good faction, and you also lose faction for killing someone in their home area. It keeps being hinted at that it's in the works, just want to know if that's true or if it's been scrapped. Seems like it would be a big dynamic to change post launch.

edit: great work so far, definitely enjoying my time on beta and pumped for release.

valithteezee
10-28-2011, 01:09 PM
I'm the scat man

Macken
10-28-2011, 01:16 PM
lol i can't believe you still think anybody gives a shit about what you say

I thought it was obvious to everyone that I don't care what anyone of you thinks. I merely point out the obvious truth, and wait for time to elapse so that i can say i told you so 6-12 months from now. I did it on VZTZ and i'm doing it now. I can go back to pwnedemu.com forums or whatever they are and it's full of prognostications that ALL came true. It's an "i told you so" bonanza extravaganza.

You all are a bunch of clueless morons and this last 6 months on this forum has enlightened me as to why I'm always at the top of all the leaderboards and #1 on those that i actually try at.

It's because you are no competition. And the reason you are never any competition for me is because you are all confused and have no clue what it is you are doing.

My greatest fear on this forum is giving out too much information and clues to those who are wise enough to catch on.

However, Cwall, you are not one of them.

Not_Kazowi
10-28-2011, 01:34 PM
<------- This bad player has raped everyone on beta without Gear or any click items. I did 90% of my PVP when I had no resist gear at all and no click items.

Honestly, I don't think anyone really cares how you "raped" an emu beta as a caster old world.

It is also pretty obvious you are reliant on those wand clickies, if they are so minuscule in the grand scheme then stop defending them.

juicedsixfo
10-28-2011, 01:40 PM
I do like a system that lets lower level people get into the fight if they were previously unflagged, it's kinda like a bunch of peasant scrubs banding together and sticking it to the man, with the consequence of becoming flagged (until when, death? zone? set time period? not sure on this) for pvp with higher levels.

Good question Shifty

lindz
10-28-2011, 01:42 PM
no, read it again, you missed it

PvP Deaths
Upon a PvP Death you will respawn with no mana and half health. You will have an effect on you called "PvP Death Effects". This buff is beneficial and may be clicked off at any time, however it is in place to prevent further XP Loss from PvP Deaths. This buff will remain on until any of the following conditions are triggered:

You make any aggressive action towards another player.
You cast a Heal or Buff on another player.
You loot any corpse.
You remove any item from your bank.

Sorath
10-28-2011, 02:37 PM
Sorath

I would remove the dynamic system, I understand your effort but it's simply just bad,bad and more bad.

Also since the server really isn't 100% classic can we get maps in citys enabled, im lazy.
thanks

Terpuntine
10-28-2011, 02:46 PM
Honestly, you should all listen to what Lovely has to say he's the only one of you degenerates that did it big on beta. at this point he knows more than all of you about this server.

Lasher
10-28-2011, 02:51 PM
Im just going to roll what ever lovely rolls and try to get the same gear he gets

Dfn
10-28-2011, 02:51 PM
Daefuin

Release server on originally scheduled 28th (today) or second date, Nov. 4th. The changes are coming so slowly that it will be next July before the server is fully ready. The only change that really needs to happen for the server to be truly playable is the dynamic level range fix.

Rust1d?
10-28-2011, 03:53 PM
I say release it now and patch as we go along. I was going to play last night but there are only 28 people on. The only way to really expose bugs etc is to release it and just fix things as we go. It is Friday night. I wanna play till 4am ;)

juicedsixfo
10-28-2011, 04:04 PM
Hey idiots, it was already stated in the OP that it's going to be mid November. This thread isn't about begging for release while there's still bugs to be played out. Play on the beta and contribute or sit the fuck out and wait till it's ready.

veto
10-28-2011, 04:21 PM
ya thats not even on, but no you missed it

Lazortag
10-28-2011, 05:08 PM
My in-game name is Wolfram (on the red server; 35 Bard) and I tested resists quite a bit on him. Currently it seems that resists are not top-heavy enough for mezzes and snares, while non-CC spells like Fufil's Curtailing Chant (bard dot) are resisting as much if not more than CC spells. There needs to be a distinction between these types of spells in terms of which ones resist more. Most of my data/conclusions is here: http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=52223

If you browse these forums you'll see there's a fair bit of agreement on the need for a different, more classically accurate resist system. At the very LEAST a spell like snare should resist more than a non-CC spell. As of now this doesn't seem to be the case with my testing.

Also all of my testing was fairly recent, in case that wasn't clear.

Tombom
10-28-2011, 05:23 PM
To all these nerds crying to release the server NAOW!!!-

Grow up and get some patience, if you really want this server to succeed, and not just be your personal 40 person playground, give it time!! Let the promo videos make some waves on forums across the internets, set a positive face on the server and get everything in place. A solid launch in nov or dec is soooo much more satisfying than a ninja launch now kk thxby thas all

ChubbyBubbles
10-28-2011, 05:32 PM
In game : Fuzzycandy 27, shaman

Finding the spell system to be good. Though i haven't been lvling alot so I have not tested all the lines of shammy spells.

Love the idea. Did not like how it worked before. Has been working MUCH better recently. System allows for everyone in a fight to actually be involved, instead of fef immy healers n such =)

PvP Range
I would prefer a 5-6 pvp range instead of the scaling. Keeping it one level range across the board makes things a little bit easier in my opinion.

*Only problem I have so far to discuss is the overwriting of SoW from 'snare' effect spells. I don't remember if it was classic or if it is even an intended product of the resist system we have, but I do dislike it. Is it entirely impossible to have 'snare' effect spells on a different resist table than the other spells to compensate for movement spells like sow being overwritten?

Just my thoughts.

Null
10-28-2011, 05:32 PM
My in-game name is Wolfram (on the red server; 35 Bard) and I tested resists quite a bit on him. Currently it seems that resists are not top-heavy enough for mezzes and snares, while non-CC spells like Fufil's Curtailing Chant (bard dot) are resisting as much if not more than CC spells. There needs to be a distinction between these types of spells in terms of which ones resist more. Most of my data/conclusions is here: http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=52223

If you browse these forums you'll see there's a fair bit of agreement on the need for a different, more classically accurate resist system. At the very LEAST a spell like snare should resist more than a non-CC spell. As of now this doesn't seem to be the case with my testing.

Also all of my testing was fairly recent, in case that wasn't clear.

I am pretty sure that it was your sample size, 10 casts isn't always going to reflect resist rate very well. I will be on later if you want to do it again with a larger sample size. I can assure you though that snare spells will -always- resist more an non-cc spells over time.

Galacticus
10-28-2011, 05:45 PM
I am pretty sure that it was your sample size, 10 casts isn't always going to reflect resist rate very well. I will be on later if you want to do it again with a larger sample size. I can assure you though that snare spells will -always- resist more an non-cc spells over time.

Is there some sort of chart of formula that is used to calculate this stuff that we could use to some advantage for testing?

Lazortag
10-28-2011, 06:02 PM

I would like to try this later when I have time. I'll send you a message on IRC if I'm available for testing. I'd like to note though that it was only the mez spell for which I used a sample size of 10 - the sample sizes for the other spells were higher.

Muaar
10-28-2011, 06:10 PM
Flyinglotus 22 Necro

Benkei 20 Monk

remove the dynamic pvp system. Everything else is fine.

Sprinkle
10-28-2011, 06:57 PM
it wont need a promo video enough people are waiting
it will have 300+++ first few weeks

after that it will depend on the playerbase

and all this shit can be patched in as we go considering how slow the updates are coming

resists work fine and its been ready to go for a bit

winter release games are coming dudes , they are coming

Null
10-28-2011, 07:03 PM
Is there some sort of chart of formula that is used to calculate this stuff that we could use to some advantage for testing?

I can do you one better, ill try and package up my simulator and put it up here.

Smedy
10-28-2011, 07:09 PM
I don't really have time to read through all the posts in the last couple weeks and sort through the bullshit.

Sorry big R, i've failed you as a Janitor of justice, i've been busy with random things and other lame exuses.

Anyhow here's my 5 cents:

I've discussed the issues i've seen with Null, regarding the late end resistance. It seems like pure casters and other casters are having a hard time landing their big hitting nukes even when players have shit for resists. This worries me big time since once melees get gear they won't be able to be viable in pvp.

Null knows this and is working on something to help the late end game for casters but more testing is always welcome and please report your finds.

Personally i was very excited by this system however playing around with it does seem it's to complex for simple gamers like us, and it feels like you need a manual to understand exactly how it works, i'm worried this system will discourage new players looking for the "classic experience" and don't wanna go deep to learn this custom system.

I think the angle VZTZ took vs young trainers/immortal healers/spies etc was a good one, simply have a -+8 level range and in the zones which are flagged as "raid zones" such as soldungb, permafrost, hate, fear etc are FFA without level range.

A more advance (maybe better) system would be if you somehow could code a invisible zone line type trigger that enabled ffa pvp when you're inside a specified "area" within a zone.

Lets say you code the area to start right after the fire giant bridge to flag all players for ffa beyond that area, and if you run out of the area the system will have a 30 seconds timer to "un flag" you from ffa pvp.

Other stuff i've noticed

Sitting Damage
Sitting should always allow the attacker to land max melee damage hits, at the current moment this doesn't work, it lands all attacks, but they are at random damage, not max.

Hybrid Mana Pools
SK/PALADIN (and the other hybrids) should get a increase in mana consumption since their mana per wis/int point is equal to a pure caster (client side). This increase is not working, at least not from what i could see.

Item Recharging
Recharging items might become an issue if items are to cheap to recharge. I'm supportive of a game mechanic that takes back the PP so the economics doesn't get fucked, but if recharging key items like golem wands, nuke wands etc is to cheap, it's going to mess up pvp.

Zone Plugging
Zone-plugging often ruins a perfectly even and good pvp fight simply because some basement dwellers ego is in jeopardy and he chooses to run for a zone line instead of fighting it out. Everyone is guilty of doing this, but if it was taken out you'd find more people sticking around to fight and the game will be more fun for everyone.

The argument against this is "omg what if i crashed or my ISP wen't down while i was zoning" and to that i say, tough luck. It's safe to say that 97% of the clients not responding on zone is actual zone-plugging.

--------------------------------------------------

Other notes the server is very stable and i've had a blast playing on it, it looks like it's going to be a good time once we go live.

rivalxl
10-28-2011, 07:16 PM
non-CC spells like Fufil's Curtailing Chant (bard dot) are resisting as much if not more than CC spells. There needs to be a distinction between these types of spells in terms of which ones resist more.

You also need to consider that Fufil's also has a built in resistance debuff. Even on live this made it slightly more difficult to land because of this. All spells that have two checks like a stun with damage have always been harder to land on targets. IIRC it was an all or nothing based system.

Rushmore
10-28-2011, 07:29 PM
Dontbrag - 50 Mage

Dynamic PVP System - Great Idea Rogean and I like where you are going with it.. However, simply too flakey off and on and I think just making the Hotspots (Lower Guk, SolB etc... ) a FFA zone would remedy everything everyone is looking for and avoid alot of drama moving forward (and or negative feedback on changes to the custom Dynamic setup)

Kringe

FFA zones for Lowerguk, Sol B, Permafrost, Kedge Keep, Hate, Fear, Airplane,

georgie
10-28-2011, 07:37 PM
FFA zones for Lowerguk, Sol B, Permafrost, Kedge Keep, Hate, Fear, Airplane,

every post by you i see this.

Rushmore
10-28-2011, 07:38 PM

Personally i was very excited by this system however playing around with it does seem it's to complex for simple gamers like us, and it feels like you need a manual to understand exactly how it works, i'm worried this system will discourage new players looking for the "classic experience" and don't wanna go deep to learn this custom system.

I think the angle VZTZ took vs young trainers/immortal healers/spies etc was a good one, simply have a -+8 level range and in the zones which are flagged as "raid zones" such as soldungb, permafrost, hate, fear etc are FFA without level range.

A more advance (maybe better) system would be if you somehow could code a invisible zone line type trigger that enabled ffa pvp when you're inside a specified "area" within a zone.

Zone Plugging
Zone-plugging often ruins a perfectly even and good pvp fight simply because some basement dwellers ego is in jeopardy and he chooses to run for a zone line instead of fighting it out. Everyone is guilty of doing this, but if it was taken out you'd find more people sticking around to fight and the game will be more fun for everyone.

The argument against this is "omg what if i crashed or my ISP wen't down while i was zoning" and to that i say, tough luck. It's safe to say that 97% of the clients not responding on zone is actual zone-plugging.

--------------------------------------------------

10-15min penalty for anyone that goes linkdead.

FFA raid zones and add in Lower guk for manastone geeks.

Vohl
10-28-2011, 07:45 PM
A 10-15 minute LD penalty would likely make EQ unplayable on some nights for me. If the penalty only applied when a PC was actively under attack prior to zoning, it'd be workable. I've suggested on the discussion thread that programmers review the temporary IP ban and instead force an account to log directly into an active but LD character. LD characters can linger 30 seconds after PvP stops prior to poofing. Anyone who "legitimately" LDs during PvP might be able to relog in time to do something this way, and it wouldn't adversely affect people getting the occasional zone glitch.

lethdar
10-28-2011, 07:45 PM
In game name - Falciparum, 50 enchanter

Issues:

Still can't dispell pets, this terribly mauls some classes.

Can't dispell groupmates, this fucks pure melee as with well coordinated groups support classes can spend time keeping pure melee cc/dot free rather than relying on them to try and channel / stop staying on top of their targets.

Bond of death: Does not leave an icon on you when its casted in pvp. Need to guess where it should be to dispell it in your buff order. In addition, does the effect go away on the necromancer as well once you dispell any part of the spell?

gloinz
10-28-2011, 08:07 PM
another issue i haven't seen mentioned as a main topic is faction. guards should be helping out newbs from getting ganked and such (or keepin fat ogres out of the south side of town)

juicedsixfo
10-28-2011, 08:15 PM
another issue i haven't seen mentioned as a main topic is faction. guards should be helping out newbs from getting ganked and such (or keepin fat ogres out of the south side of town)

We're on the same page. I haven't seen it mentioned since the very beginning and it was "being worked on"

Juice, Ogre Swamp Defender

What's the word/status/decision on city guard faction à la Rallos Zek/Sullon Zek: Home town guards assist in PvP if you have good faction, and you also lose faction for killing someone in their home area. It keeps being hinted at that it's in the works, just want to know if that's true or if it's been scrapped. Seems like it would be a big dynamic to change post launch.

Crenshinabon
10-28-2011, 08:15 PM
I would imagine faction coding would be a LOT of work and coding. Not to mention there are so many ways to exploit faction that would hopefully need to be fixed such as DSing someone and hitting them only to have the guards wtfpwn them instead of you.

valithteezee
10-28-2011, 08:24 PM
I'd make a post about this in a separate discussion but I can't for some reason(says I'm behind a proxy). If someone /q's during combat it seems within 10-15 seconds they leave the world, which is pretty bogus. Clerics/Necros/Pally's could pretty much DA /q and be out of the world by the time the spell wore off. I don't know if this is the case for everybody or if I have had just really bad luck, but that's my experience.

Lazortag
10-28-2011, 08:37 PM
You also need to consider that Fufil's also has a built in resistance debuff. Even on live this made it slightly more difficult to land because of this. All spells that have two checks like a stun with damage have always been harder to land on targets. IIRC it was an all or nothing based system.

I considered this, but it should still land more often than snare no?

Lazortag
10-28-2011, 11:00 PM
I tested a bit with Null and I'm pretty convinced that the resist system is going to be fine. Obviously I'd prefer something 100% classic but high MR is still extremely desirable and gives you very noticeable benefits. I also think having partial resists on snares is appropriate until snare is fixed to last its full classic duration.

Macken
10-29-2011, 02:54 AM
Items have charges for a reason.

If all you need is cash for unlimited 4slot dispells and 100+hp insta nukes, then isn't this game being dumbed down and we should all just be the same class like a Golem Ivandyr?

I am embarrased to say i know some people on this forum who are advocating for an exploit that was bannable on live and every other box i've played on.

Your whistles are filthy.

Darwoth
10-29-2011, 03:16 AM
600 plat per wand recharge and 5k+ for a single use ivandyr seems pretty reasonable to me, guess some people will find anything to piss and moan about though.

with all the assholes and their stupid "improvement" suggestions the server will look like some kind of warcraft or rift clone by the time it fucking launches.

Lovely
10-29-2011, 03:21 AM
10-15min penalty for anyone that goes linkdead.

FFA raid zones and add in Lower guk for manastone geeks.

Fuck that I crash like 20% of the times I zone. If they fix their client first then I won't mind.

Macken
10-29-2011, 03:29 AM
with all the assholes and their stupid "improvement" suggestions the server will look like some kind of warcraft or rift clone by the time it fucking launches.

Improvements like recharging? yeah i know.

Lovely
10-29-2011, 03:35 AM
Honestly, I don't think anyone really cares how you "raped" an emu beta as a caster old world.

It is also pretty obvious you are reliant on those wand clickies, if they are so minuscule in the grand scheme then stop defending them.

The only thing I'm reliant on is Golem Wands and the only thing I'd ever spend PP on atm is to recharge Golem Wands. 2 clicks on it and everyone on the server dies in 2 Ice comet. Beside Warriors, SK's, Paladins and Monks and possibly Rogues cause Melee is stronk!

Defending them or not. Saying that they are overpowered is wrong. If someone give out false information then I'm gonna comment on it. The only overpowered clicky is Golem Wands and/ Wands from Planes but I haven't tried them so I won't comment on it.

Darwoth
10-29-2011, 04:05 AM
Improvements like recharging? yeah i know.

pretty sure the developers would not have specifically put charging in if they were just going to remove it on account of a few permanent level 30s complaining.

MakeYouMad
10-29-2011, 04:13 AM
Make every item only have 1 charge. That way, we won't have stupid items like "Wooly Spider Silk Net" being spammed to perma immobilize people every fight. They probably only cost like one gold to recharge too:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=3674

I do feel that you should either increase the duration on higher level snares and roots or maybe give them a -10 to their respective resist.

LOL, this guy not only wants a non-classic resist system where snare lands, but wants LURE SNARES on top of that. Oh Look, he plays a druid, I wonder why he would want that?

(or keepin fat ogres out of the south side of town)

The south side is typically the worst part of town.

Lovely
10-29-2011, 04:35 AM
Making things have 1 charge is not a good thing. That's basically like removing the items from the game since they would all be useless and not worth the time to camp. The Developers should want people to have something to do or the server will die out eventually. Once you get 50 and have all the gear you need. Then you basically have 3 options.

1. PVP (but there won't always be action especially not for people who play at odd hours like myself)

2. Farm PP (to recharge items)

3. Actually farming the recharge items.

The one and only reason EQ has lasted so long compared to other MMO's is because you always have something to do when you log on. In 95% of all other MMO's you basically log on 1-2 days a week to raid and when the raid content is cleared then you log off and wait until things spawn again. A lot of people already play like that on Blue99 in TR/TMO etc. Removing charge items from being useful could potentially make Red99 the same way in the long run and I really don't want that personally.

You should either NERF ALL the recharge items and make it impossible to recharge like with Ivandyr's Hoop. So you actually have to camp every item you wanna use. Or just 100% leave it the way it's always been in the past and let the people who spend extra time on farming PP have the advantage they "deserve".

Both ways work great with me. But if you wanna start nerfing something then make sure to nerf everything that's overpowered.

Cwall
10-29-2011, 04:48 AM
let the people who spend extra time on farming PP have the advantage they "deserve".

i agree we should give people with no lives an advantage

imo make skills have no cap so that if you really want you can grind your shadowknight's 2hs skill all the way to 1 million OR EVEN FURTHER

Lovely
10-29-2011, 05:02 AM
That's how all games work. If you spend more time in skillful games like Starcraft 2 then you get better then all and destroy them. The skill cap in MMO's is pretty low so instead of being way way way better then all you beat them by being able to farm better gear/items to win instead.

Same deal in real life with whatever you do. Time spent = You win (and that's how it should be)

Personally I don't care either cause my IN GAME brain is so enormous that I destroy all anyway

Null
10-29-2011, 05:04 AM
i agree we should give people with no lives an advantage

EverQuest.

Cwall
10-29-2011, 05:14 AM
That's how all games work. If you spend more time in skillful games like Starcraft 2

stopped reading there, starcraft 2 doesn't actually take that much skill

Pudge
10-29-2011, 05:17 AM
the only positive thing i can see from click-recharging is that it would provide a "plat sink" for the economy to keep down inflation (if things indeed cost a shit ton to recharge). give plat some actual value/meaning

Pudge
10-29-2011, 05:20 AM
I can do you one better, ill try and package up my simulator and put it up here.

while everyone WANTS to know... i think it should remain rather mysterious, just like live

Lovely
10-29-2011, 05:41 AM
After doing a few 1v2 today on Beta I think I wanna keep Golem Wands. They allow you to do cool stuff like beating 2x 50's solo even if both are ready for you. Would be boring if people only PVP'd when they have an advantage which seems to be the way most people go.

Keep it Classic!! Every extra item you use in PVP also makes it more skillful! The only people who complain about it is usually the ones who mouse turn and can't handle more then a few spells ;))

Harrison
10-29-2011, 05:45 AM
Golem wands != pumice

Cwall
10-29-2011, 05:52 AM
lovely confirmed for keyboard turner

Darwoth
10-29-2011, 06:55 AM
the myriad of clicker items and consumeables in the game is a large part of what makes the pvp interesting and spontaneous, same as vanguard where those who took the time to acquire obscure items could add them to his bag of tricks.

for me personally golem wands and so on hurt me more than help me since i will be a largely buff dependant class, however they add much needed flare and randomness to combat, i also dont feel like killing newbie mobs on a regular basis to reup on lowbie illusion wands and so on because some newb might get killed by the one fellow newb on the server that has one of said items in the relevant range.

MakeYouMad
10-29-2011, 09:48 AM
Golem wands aren't a problem, it's items like the spider net that probably cost 2 copper to recharge that are a problem:

mimixownzall
10-29-2011, 10:32 AM
Sitting Damage
Sitting should always allow the attacker to land max melee damage hits, at the current moment this doesn't work, it lands all attacks, but they are at random damage, not max.

This is working for pets I know. I would attack my shaman and it would do full (which is really half) damage while he was sitting down every time.

Hybrid Mana Pools
SK/PALADIN (and the other hybrids) should get a increase in mana consumption since their mana per wis/int point is equal to a pure caster (client side). This increase is not working, at least not from what i could see.

Yeah, this needs to be addressed. SK's and Paladins casting several times during the fight is not right. They are powerful enough as it is.

Item Recharging
Recharging items might become an issue if items are to cheap to recharge. I'm supportive of a game mechanic that takes back the PP so the economics doesn't get fucked, but if recharging key items like golem wands, nuke wands etc is to cheap, it's going to mess up pvp.

This one is tricky. My experience is from SoV on to PoP. SoV had items with good resists and with everyone having at least one golem wand, you really didn't waste time buffing as they were going to be stripped anyways. I can see how this will be more of a problem in 1-50 due to a lack of really good resist gear.

Zone Plugging

Who says you have to get a killing blow to win? To me winning is both killing them and making them flee like cowards.

"More fun for everyone" rofl don't try to blow smoke up my ass.

Let's face it. I guarantee 95% of the time people zone plug is due to them being outnumbered. The current resist system already alleviates the possibility of escape for those who are outnumbered. I'm not saying that a person facing a 1 on 2 should have a chance to win, but they should have a chance to get the hell out of dodge. The way it is now, if you have 2 people jump you, you might as well just stop and /loc.

What's next? Disable gate when engaged in pvp combat? If casters have a gate, then melee should be able to plug. It is classic.

Palemoon
10-29-2011, 10:44 AM
Zone plugging does need to be delt with. It hinders zone control, as the person you are running off away from your camp just zone plugs and comes back 5 mins later as you settle back into your camp, rinse/repeat.

mimixownzall
10-29-2011, 10:47 AM
In addition, does the effect go away on the necromancer as well once you dispell any part of the spell?

It shouldn't. BoD always stayed on the necro even when the mobs died or the effect was dispelled off the target. Also, I don't think the effect on the necro is dispellable. I'm pretty sure it wasn't in classic.

Palemoon
10-29-2011, 10:49 AM
Bond of death could (can) be dispelled off the victum and the necro. After the spell is cast though, both the effect and the recourse act independently of each other. I.E. you could bond of death a snake that is killed after the first tic, but your hp regen would continue for the full duration.

mimixownzall
10-29-2011, 10:52 AM
Zone plugging does need to be delt with. It hinders zone control, as the person you are running off away from your camp just zone plugs and comes back 5 mins later as you settle back into your camp, rinse/repeat.

Oh noes! I might have to repeatedly defend my camp I just ran someone off of!

No different than a caster who gates. No different than someone who is bound really close coming back. This is just part of it. If you made them run once, you can do it again. I once sat at the zoneline for 40 minutes waiting for a guy to relog on SZ and killed him. He lol'd saying 'holy shit you really wanted me dead'.

Lovely
10-29-2011, 11:06 AM
Golem wands aren't a problem, it's items like the spider net that probably cost 2 copper to recharge that are a problem:

Haven't tried recharging this one cause I couldn't be arsed farming a second one. Jailmaster almost never spawned for me and when he did he always had the shitty neck. Personally I think charge items should be left alone. It's basically like saying we should remove alchemy cause it's overpowered to have certain potions. Most alchemy potions are also much cheaper and easier to "recharge" then most clickers that are useful. If people spend the time to get recharge items, alchemy pots and whatever else then they deserve to use and recharge them.

The root clicky I really like cause it will help melee's fight outdoor vs Casters. Keep in mind that it's just a 3 charge item and it's probably only gonna hit 1 out of 3 times and then last a few seconds at most. But it can help melee's with removing SoW from targets when they are being chased which is kinda nice.

I don't think these click items have been used enough on the beta for people to have a big opinion about them either. Better to leave them be and if PVP gets ruined by "CLICK SPAM" then we can do something about it. But I'm sure it won't be. Already on beta you PVP so damn much that there is no chance in the world to keep up with camping clickers or recharging them for every fight and on live the action will increase way way more due to a lot more people playing. Also you only really use clickers against other dangerous opponents that also have them. No one wanna waste their charges on people they will most likely beat. The only times I use golem wands for example is when I go against the odds in 1v2 fights or if it's someone I know that might be a hard fight that most likely also have them. It's not like you spam off a few charges on a random you find camping Spectres in oasis that you'll destroy no matter what anyway.

Clickers are here so you can MAN UP and challenge a fight that is against the odds for the TRUE CHAMPIONS!

I bet no one here can even name a single fight on beta that was ruined by clickers. Personally I've only used them on people who never man up and just runs every time you fight them.

Lovely
10-29-2011, 11:15 AM

Fuck that. Who the hell cares if someone plug? I've never plugged once on Beta nor do I care if anyone plug on me. If they wanna plug and waste their time then I'm happy about it. Move on and find someone else to kill or continue with your camp. I don't really see the issue here...

There is loads of people with crash issues including myself and often when I chase people I crash while following them to the next zone. If the protection was removed then I could never ever chase anyone cause I would be to scared to zone. I'd even be scared to zone anywhere with the fear of crashing and someone standing at the other side. There is nothing more annoying then going LD and ending up dead and I rather not experience it a few times a day due to crashes.

Aenor
10-29-2011, 11:31 AM

You forgot? Well log in real quick and tell us! What a douche bag..

Rushmore
10-29-2011, 11:46 AM
Who says you have to get a killing blow to win? To me winning is both killing them and making them flee like cowards.

"More fun for everyone" rofl don't try to blow smoke up my ass.

Let's face it. I guarantee 95% of the time people zone plug is due to them being outnumbered. The current resist system already alleviates the possibility of escape for those who are outnumbered. I'm not saying that a person facing a 1 on 2 should have a chance to win, but they should have a chance to get the hell out of dodge. The way it is now, if you have 2 people jump you, you might as well just stop and /loc.

What's next? Disable gate when engaged in pvp combat? If casters have a gate, then melee should be able to plug. It is classic.

This is a problem in a raid situation where the half the guild zone plugs and holds up your raid mob for 2 hours. You made them plug yes? You won. But there is nothing keeping them all coming back in at any moment after they plugged. I'm sorry something needs to be put in place to stop this.

Sprinkle
10-29-2011, 12:33 PM
[QUOTE=Lovely;448609]Haven't tried recharging this one cause I couldn't be arsed farming a second one. Jailmaster almost never spawned for me and when he did he always had the shitty neck.

wtf i got 3 nets and i never even got a frozen heart wtf why did you get your heart so fast

Sprinkle
10-29-2011, 12:35 PM
This is a problem in a raid situation where the half the guild zone plugs and holds up your raid mob for 2 hours. You made them plug yes? You won. But there is nothing keeping them all coming back in at any moment after they plugged. I'm sorry something needs to be put in place to stop this.

if you want to stop this play on blue

in every pvp game something like that can happen , you now have to kill your mob with the imminent threat of pvp when you engage

you could either A Try him and fight mid boss ( Epic zek battles )
or B Run like a girl and do something else for an hour till they log on and leave

or C STFU And play on a pvp server and stop crying like a girlyman

Macken
10-29-2011, 12:44 PM
What a douche bag..

Please refrain from personal attacks outside Rant and Flames.

We are trying to clean up this server and rid it of players like yourself, failmoon and softcore.

Macken
10-29-2011, 12:46 PM
The only thing I'm reliant on is Golem Wands.

The only thing Gloinz used of MQ was warping and speed-hacking.

So.... yeah i get your point. If you only exploit and cheat a little...it's ok.

Tamiah2011
10-29-2011, 12:51 PM
The resti are set way to low and should be raised.A 50 lvl caster should not be resti. 4 times with a 49 lvl spell.unless you have 250 MR you should not be resti. a 49 lvl spell 4 times in a row...And my pet root could not root the player at all.

Tamiah2011
10-29-2011, 12:52 PM
After doing a few 1v2 today on Beta I think I wanna keep Golem Wands. They allow you to do cool stuff like beating 2x 50's solo even if both are ready for you. Would be boring if people only PVP'd when they have an advantage which seems to be the way most people go.

Keep it Classic!! Every extra item you use in PVP also makes it more skillful! The only people who complain about it is usually the ones who mouse turn and can't handle more then a few spells ;))

Wands dont need to be in the game at all.period

lethdar
10-29-2011, 01:14 PM
The resti are set way to low and should be raised.A 50 lvl caster should not be resti. 4 times with a 49 lvl spell.unless you have 250 MR you should not be resti. a 49 lvl spell 4 times in a row...And my pet root could not root the player at all.

Try again. This post barely makes sense. What spell, against what class, buffed? geared? And of course your earth pet shouldn't root someone who almost certainly has a good deal of MR.

Macken
10-29-2011, 01:14 PM
Defending them or not. Saying that they are overpowered is wrong. If someone give out false information then I'm gonna comment on it. .

yeah i know the feeling. So will I as i am doing right now.

They aren't overpowered, that's why they are in the game. It would take a bloob to argue honestly that they should be allowed to be exploited and work all the time, everytime.

I for one am smarter than you and understand what will happen if this exploit isn't patched. We will all be the same class pelling and instanuking people dead. If you wanted that kind of system, they say WoW has it. Go there.

If you are confused into thinking that your recent success will extrapolate to the new server then you are due for a rude awakening once the real players get there. They will do unto you as you have done to others and you will be back on here begging for recharging to be abolished because you weren't smart enough or wise enough to understand that it was going to be turned on you.

If you are going to take one of the top 3 enchanter spells of all time and put it on a limitless clicky, then take a classic Necro spell and put it on a limitless clicky, then why shouldn't the Enchanters and Necros (since you just ruined most reasons to pick those classes) get an insta clicky unlimited charge monsoon or maybe an insta clicky Beckon.

In the interest of balance, and to preserve parity, Enchanters and Necros.... well everyclass for that matter, needs insta-clicky 24+ damage weapon clicky insta gib double hit one-round 250hp melee extravaganza hits. Rechargeable of course.

If you aren't going to ban exploiting then why ban MQ?

Macken
10-29-2011, 01:16 PM
Keep it Classic!!

Yes.

Perma-banning exploiters recharging golem wands is Classic.

Dojii
10-29-2011, 01:20 PM
keep it classic ya'll

Lovely
10-29-2011, 01:23 PM
The only thing Gloinz used of MQ was warping and speed-hacking.

So.... yeah i get your point. If you only exploit and cheat a little...it's ok.

What? Earlier I read you didn't even know your beta name so I don't even understand why you post comments here at all since you got no freaking clue about this beta. What you just wrote doesn't even make any sense in Everquest at all. Wtf?

What in the world does recharging an item have to do with exploiting? Strange.. strange.. strange...

Ssleeve
10-29-2011, 01:23 PM
If you are going to take one of the top 3 enchanter spells of all time and put it on a limitless clicky (you just ruined most reasons to pick this class)

Well said.

Lovely
10-29-2011, 01:25 PM
That's about the same as saying why pick a healing class when you can make healing potions, why pick a sow class when you can buy sow potions?

Ssleeve
10-29-2011, 01:33 PM
That's about the same as saying why pick a healing class when you can make healing potions, why pick a sow class when you can buy sow potions?

You're right DRU and SHM are useless besides SoW.

ENC's are extremely useful besides dispelling I mean those MR DD spells are baws.

It's not like ENC buffs are going to have issues when everyone has instant dispell.

It's so transparent that you're afraid of resist buffs. God forbid you would have to coordinate with another class to assist you in debuffing targets.

Macken
10-29-2011, 01:33 PM
I bet no one here can even name a single fight on beta that was ruined by clickers. Personally I've only used them on people who never man up and just runs every time you fight them.

I can.

Every fight you were involved in after you used one past the original classic charge limit that is intended.

Every fight after that, you should have been banned.

Crenshinabon
10-29-2011, 01:36 PM

I usually agree with you Love but this statement is VERY stupid .....
You can say this when healing potions can instant click a lvl 42 cleric healing spell....which they cannot. Also comparing another spell that multiple classes get (sow) at level 9 to a level 42 enchanter only spell is rediculous. Very invalid argument.

A huge reason I loved my classic enchanter back in the day was because of bad ass dispells that no other class got. Clickies do kind of ruin the game when they are of this magnitute and cheap to recharge. A few hundred plat at level 50 is seriously nothing compared to being able to wtfpwn any tougher opponent you come across.

Also with someones argument stating simply gate and come back after he used the wand.... what about the non gate classes? I guess they are just fked and can consider themselves to never have buffs against anyone with 1/2 a brain and one of these wands. Yea, that sounds fun.

*edit* i just looked at the wand and it has five charges. So realistically you will not even use all 5 charges in a single fight which makes my point even more valid. This shits recharge needs to be upped in price drastically or recharge taken out entirely.

Lovely
10-29-2011, 01:40 PM
I can.

Every fight you were involved in after you used one past the original classic charge limit that is intended.

Every fight after that, you should have been banned.

LOL. There is no rules here about recharging nor is there on Blue99. People are openly recharging items all over the place and every Developer and GM is aware of it and they do not mind it or they would have done something about it long long ago.

Aenor
10-29-2011, 01:42 PM
Please refrain from personal attacks outside Rant and Flames.

We are trying to clean up this server and rid it of players like yourself, failmoon and softcore.

Please refrain from making personal attacks against the devs I.E. Saying dynamic range was a "stupid" idea when the attempt was made in response to player input.

Also, I know reading is hard but the rules of the thread were state your in game name with your comments. Saying whoops I forgot my char name is retarded. Listen we know you have a learning disability it's ok just try to follow rules.

Lovely
10-29-2011, 01:46 PM
I usually agree with you Love but this statement is VERY stupid .....
You can say this when healing potions can instant click a lvl 42 cleric healing spell....which they cannot. Also comparing another spell that multiple classes get (sow) at level 9 to a level 42 enchanter only spell is rediculous. Very invalid argument.

First of all there is right click item with complete healing. Second of all you can make potions in alchemy that you can 10 stacks that heal you for 270hp per click and you can spam them. When I won a title on my server like 10 years ago there was a FREE FOR ALL tournament on the server. Everyone against each other and I played a Monk and in my inventory I had over 30 of these in 10 stacks and I could heal myself from 0 to full over 30 times by just right clicking a potion. In the end if was me vs 4 people in another guild and I killed them all because I could heal myself full over and over and over.

There is no way in the universe a right click item removes the usefulness of a Enchanter or the fact that they have it as a spell. It sounds to me like you guys think you can just spam this 24/7 all day and never run out of them.

Macken
10-29-2011, 01:48 PM

Please provide the links to the corresponding potions of all the exploited limitless insta-clickies you've been using.

You aren't equipped to argue with me kid.

mitic
10-29-2011, 01:51 PM
LOL. There is no rules here about recharging nor is there on Blue99. People are openly recharging items all over the place and every Developer and GM is aware of it and they do not mind it or they would have done something about it long long ago.

dont worry, you can keep your wands ;)

Lovely
10-29-2011, 01:52 PM
Please provide the links to the corresponding potions of all the exploited limitless insta-clickies you've been using.

You aren't equipped to argue with me kid.

You make no sense.

But what about this Macken?

I need a thread where there is a solid discussion with cliff notes on what needs to be addressed before the server goes live. I am not looking for individual opinions, I'm looking for people who can summarize the consensus of the players, and this should be from people who have played in the last 2 weeks. If you are not capable of doing this, don't post here. Better yet.. I want every post here to lead off with what your ingame character name is. Don't lie.. you won't like the consequence.

If you respect the developers you shouldn't even be in this thread you dumbass. You don't even play the beta. So shoo shoo shoo

Lovely
10-29-2011, 01:53 PM
dont worry, you can keep your wands ;)

I'm playing a monk so I don't give a flying shit about those wands. But dispelling people and rooting them is something of more importance. This whole point is about having something to do in the game. I don't wanna ding 50, get all gear I need and then be bored as fuck if there is no pvp action. I want to have something to do in the game which will improve my character. Farming PP for no reason at all is pretty useless.

Crenshinabon
10-29-2011, 01:55 PM
First of all there is right click item with complete healing. Second of all you can make potions in alchemy that you can 10 stacks that heal you for 270hp per click and you can spam them. When I won a title on my server like 10 years ago there was a FREE FOR ALL tournament on the server. Everyone against each other and I played a Monk and in my inventory I had over 30 of these in 10 stacks and I could heal myself from 0 to full over 30 times by just right clicking a potion. In the end if was me vs 4 people in another guild and I killed them all because I could heal myself full over and over and over.

Well, then the answer to this is simple. If every hardcore nerd in endgame has stacks of this shit I probably will stop playing along with every other semi casual player hoping to like this server. I never knew these existed because the knowledge of EQ was not the same back in 2000. But like I said, how can it be fun for anyone except the person abusing these items. The way you make this sound its as if you can never die.... wtf. Even more reason to remove this shit.

Lovely
10-29-2011, 02:00 PM
Well, then the answer to this is simple. If every hardcore nerd in endgame has stacks of this shit I probably will stop playing along with every other semi casual player hoping to like this server.

You have no clue how long it takes to camp these things. It takes forever and ever to get that many. It's also nothing anyone in their right mind would use against semi casuals like yourself. These are things you use against the strongest players and guilds on the serer. No Hardcore "NERD" need these things to kill random semi casuals. It's enough to just poke them with class abilities and they die.

Macken
10-29-2011, 02:12 PM

Thank you for this.

I've been making this point for months, and it seems to largely have gone unnoticed by the community, but will make it's way to the forefront in the months ahead.

A blue staff's understanding of the nature of their blue beast and the success than can follow is not synonymous with a blue staff understanding the nature of a red server.

If you are on staff and you do not yet understand why allowing exploits that have never been allowed (and always punished with perma-bans) on any server EVER live or emu (except p99 according to lovely), then you should pay attention.

Using OP class abilities, then making them instant, like 4-slot dispell and instant Lifetap on any class, anywhere, anytime, all the time is the best way to sabotage any semblance of balance or familiarity. If every class can use other classes semi-signature abilities all the time, then isn't that the WoW junk alot of you people who have wasted your time playing WoW complain about?

Again, as i've said before, if you are on staff and you really still think that blue and red servers are pretty much the same and what is/has worked on blue will work on red, then your body is not ready.

Apparently Lovely has had some recent success by cheating and exploiting other classes signature spells limitlessly. Imagine that. This recent success has translated into hubris and she/it now thinks she has been enlightened beyond the last 12 years of pvp programmers' and players' learned, tried and true, diehard-forged best practices.

Don't be fooled by a 4th rate skilless troll.

Macken
10-29-2011, 02:35 PM
Please refrain from making personal attacks against the devs I.E. Saying dynamic range was a "stupid" idea when the attempt was made in response to player input.

Also, I know reading is hard but the rules of the thread were state your in game name with your comments. Saying whoops I forgot my char name is retarded. Listen we know you have a learning disability it's ok just try to follow rules.

First of all you need to look up "personal". As a matter of scientifc and literary fact, the word "stupid" is an adjective describing the noun "idea". Scientifically and literarily speaking and factually for that matter, an idea cannot be a PERSON. The reason for this will take longer to explain than this forum has room or attention for. For now, just listen to those who know more than you, and can see past their own nose.

Second of all, I travel for a living. I do not pack up my computer that has eqemu installed on it on very many trips. Since there has been relatively no eq pvp for 7 months now, I wouldn't even be close to caring or remembering a beta name that i spent limited time on. Nor do i have the ability to access it currently. On a forum where the average intelligence is in the "dumb" range, and the attention span is 5 seconds and on a thread where the topic parameters are ignored by more than a few, I will follow the herd mentality.

Third of all, as you can see above you are consistantly wrong on more than a few topics. Some seem to think the pvp world was just invented and we have no past records and experiences from which to rely on. You can't seem to see past your nose, your imagination is lacking, while a few of us can see it from all sides, in and out, around and about - not because we are smarter than you - but because we are wiser.

Most topics on this forum have already been inspected, disected and settled over a decade ago, yet this community and staff acts as if they need to reinvent the wheel.

There is a reason the live staff created SZ. I've already spilled the beans as to why...the staff largely has been silent on that topic. They are about to find out, if they havn't figured it out already.

Dojii
10-29-2011, 02:38 PM
cool story bro

Macken
10-29-2011, 02:45 PM
You make no sense.

Answer the question kid.

If you respect the developers you shouldn't even be in this thread you dumbass. You don't even play the beta. So shoo shoo shoo

1. Thats exactly the thought that went through my mind when i first read your post that i responded to.

2. Please refrain from calling people names outside RnF. You don't want Failmoon and Softcore after you do you?

3. I don't have to play more beta than i've already played to know more than you about the beta concerning the topics i've addressed.

4. You aren't on my level kid.

Sprinkle
10-29-2011, 02:48 PM
red wood wands and golem wands are powerful

so are the other clickies

back when eq was young no one knew about that stuff

almost everyone on this site is a hardcore eq player and they are going to be very widely used in the game , its going to suck imo but thats just the way it is

Macken
10-29-2011, 02:48 PM
I don't wanna ding 50, get all gear I need and then be bored as fuck if there is no pvp action.

Did you condone level range pvp?

If so, yes you do wanna.

Bkab
10-29-2011, 03:04 PM
You guys wonder why the server keeps getting pushed back, it's because you can't fucking adhere to simple thread rules like this one. Instead of posting important information about the beta server that they want tested before server launch, you've been arguing for 10 pages about fucking golem wands and recharging clickies. Shut the fuck up and quit derailing the thread.

Lovely
10-29-2011, 03:05 PM
There is no reason for me to discuss anything with someone that has nothing to do with this beta or the launch of the server. You contribute nothing and talking to you is just a waste of my time.

Palemoon
10-29-2011, 03:08 PM
red wood wands and golem wands are powerful

so are the other clickies

back when eq was young no one knew about that stuff

almost everyone on this site is a hardcore eq player and they are going to be very widely used in the game , its going to suck imo but thats just the way it is

You hit on the reason why we need "custom classic" and not pure 1999 redo.

Everyone here knows every trick in the book and/or every griefing trick and exploit in the book.

So, we need the devs to give us "custom classic" to compensate for that, in the same vein they changed up and hide the new ZEMs on blue99.

We are all too hardcore for our own good and for the servers good. The devs will have to moderate things to balance the server out.

Macken
10-29-2011, 03:12 PM
First of all there is right click item with complete healing.

Incorrect. It's a heal over time. Very different than a complete heal. If you were half the way to my level you would have known this. You aren't equipped kid.

Second of all you can make potions in alchemy that you can 10 stacks that heal you for 270hp per click and you can spam them. When I won a title on my server like 10 years ago there was a FREE FOR ALL tournament on the server. Everyone against each other and I played a Monk and in my inventory I had over 30 of these in 10 stacks and I could heal myself from 0 to full over 30 times by just right clicking a potion. In the end if was me vs 4 people in another guild and I killed them all because I could heal myself full over and over and over.

You have no clue how long it takes to camp these things. It takes forever and ever to get that many. It's also nothing anyone in their right mind would use against semi casuals like yourself. These are things you use against the strongest players and guilds on the serer. No Hardcore "NERD" need these things to kill random semi casuals. It's enough to just poke them with class abilities and they die.

So your plan for epic win is to compare limitless instant clicky items to an expendable item that takes a long time to camp the ingredients, (nevermind the class and skill to create it)?

Since this fake "complete heal" item you are talking about takes an ingredient that is rare and can only be made by one class at great cost with only one charge, you have proven what i have been saying all along. These items are made to be used and expended. They are super powers that can turn the tide of battle until they are gone. They were made with this sole purpose.... not to be exploited so that every class can use other classes abilities all the time whenever they wish. The fact that you can't understand this, indicates where you are mentally.

I have corraled you into a corner philosophically, you have been talking in circles for several posts and not even aware that i have slewn you several posts back. I have succeeded in embarrasing and frustrating your evil intentions to the point that you are now arguing against your own self for me. Imagine what's going to happen to you on server release.

You aren't equipped to handle me kid. Not on beta, not on the live server and especially not here on the forums.

Rogean
10-29-2011, 03:18 PM
Wow holy shit.. Apparently people didn't get the message in the OP that this thread was not to turn into arguments and flames.. I'll have to go through later and start banning people.

Macken
10-29-2011, 03:21 PM
cool story bro

Do you have to use MQ too to post?

Or are you sufficiently skilled enough to post without it?

Lovely
10-29-2011, 03:22 PM
Hm I'm not sure if more people have noticed this but a lot of spells you can cast through walls as long as you start the cast when they are in line of sight. But it doesn't work on all spells. I'm wondering if anyone know if there is some kind of system to this? Like for example that it only works on evocation spells (nukes) and not dots blabla.

Bkab
10-29-2011, 03:40 PM
Wow holy shit.. Apparently people didn't get the message in the OP that this thread was not to turn into arguments and flames.. I'll have to go through later and start banning people.

You banned macken! My hero <3

Dojii
10-29-2011, 03:45 PM
Do you have to use MQ too to post?

Or are you sufficiently skilled enough to post without it?

Brogen ban this hamster; do not feed him.

VanEyck
10-29-2011, 03:51 PM
You banned macken! My hero <3

The silence... is deafening . Ty

Tamiah2011
10-29-2011, 03:58 PM
I think wands are being exploited and should be removed from server, could we make a poll please?

Lord Binky
10-29-2011, 03:59 PM
make a thread about it

Tamiah2011
10-29-2011, 04:00 PM
Has anyone tested crafting, did anyone test pot making? I could not get fletching to work correct..

Tamiah2011
10-29-2011, 04:02 PM
make a thread about it

I dare not test Rogean bann hammer, that why I'm asking him to make poll..

Lovely
10-29-2011, 04:06 PM
If you do fill it in with screenshots of you using them. Not just bullshit that's made up without testing plez

Silikten
10-29-2011, 04:31 PM
recharging was illegal. . .

Darwoth
10-29-2011, 04:45 PM
had a gm restore a half dozen or so egg pumices for me once after the server crashed in the middle of charging them, this was shortly before they nerfed charging and they were kind enough to tell me an upcoming patch was going to remove the ability.

like everything in eq whether or not it was illegal was probably up to who you talked to.

either way whether it was illegal or not everybody on a pvp server did it whether for pvp items or pve items, there was at least one guy walking around with a pair of res staffs for a year+ so he could res himself.

leave shit alone and stop trying to dumb down the game because you plan on sitting at level 24 for 2 years and are afraid someone with a consumeable might one day come steal your 3 platinum after taking 5 seconds to kill you instead of the 6 that it may have taken them without their clickers.

Lovely
10-29-2011, 05:08 PM
First I did a bunch of CC testing with my man Erage. But we didn't really come up with anything new. I wanted to see if we would get hit the same amount of times with my AOE snare when he had 50 mr and me 100. But it was really different like it should be so no new info to report really. It seems to be working like intended.

Then I gave him some of my awesome wands to actually test the DMG on someone who had a little bit of FR. I just had 11 charges on my wands total so that's all we could test at this time.

http://imageshack.dk/imagesfree/9oQ21799.jpg

You can see my resist which isn't even that high and how little damage they did. While you spam these wands you can't even cast spells at the same time and they are AOE which even makes them worse in PVP. If the target runs up to you like I did on him, then he nuke himself for 100% damage while I just get 66%. Also if you're a tool like myself then you will sometimes use them to finish someone off while the player stand near mobs/merchants or whatever and then you'll obviously get aggro and fuck yourself over. (Keep in mind that each nuke with the wand gives a +25 Fire modifier which makes them even worse in PVP)

Personally I use these wands to finish people off when I've done like 2 Ice comets on someone and they got 1-5% hp left and also in PVE for the exact same reason. Sometimes I comet a mob and it starts running at 1-10% and then you spam a charge or two to finish them.

If the developers think they are overpowered then so be it, nerf them. If not then leave them be. I'd test golem wand also but no real reason since we all know what they do and it's unresistable. I have yet to try the root clicker. But I can't even be arsed farming it myself cause I don't rly think its that useful as a caster. It's more an item for melee's.

Tamiah2011
10-29-2011, 05:12 PM
had a gm restore a half dozen or so egg pumices for me once after the server crashed in the middle of charging them, this was shortly before they nerfed charging and they were kind enough to tell me an upcoming patch was going to remove the ability.

like everything in eq whether or not it was illegal was probably up to who you talked to.

either way whether it was illegal or not everybody on a pvp server did it whether for pvp items or pve items, there was at least one guy walking around with a pair of res staffs for a year+ so he could res himself.

leave shit alone and stop trying to dumb down the game because you plan on sitting at level 24 for 2 years and are afraid someone with a consumeable might one day come steal your 3 platinum after taking 5 seconds to kill you instead of the 6 that it may have taken them without their clickers.

very much disagree, they are trying to make classic EQ 2011 and anything that exploits game should be removed, remimber when we started EQ in 1999 noone knew nothing about exploits so game was much more even and fair.If they keep it the same way it was in 1999 it's not fair to the new younger group that just started playing EQ for the first time?I think null and Rogean have played long enough to know what I am talking about.Let not scare off the new group of players over exploits, let try and keep this has balanced has possiable and allow skill to win over exploits.

lethdar
10-29-2011, 05:12 PM

Not really sure where you're getting that, recharged golem wands all the time on live.

Silikten
10-29-2011, 05:15 PM
Not really sure where you're getting that, recharged golem wands all the time on live.

Yeah, until they fixed it. As with many other things they changed.

Tamiah2011
10-29-2011, 05:16 PM
First I did a bunch of CC testing with my man Erage. But we didn't really come up with anything new. I wanted to see if we would get hit the same amount of times with my AOE snare when he had 50 mr and me 100. But it was really different like it should be so no new info to report really. It seems to be working like intended.

Then I gave him some of my awesome wands to actually test the DMG on someone who had a little bit of FR. I just had 11 charges on my wands total so that's all we could test at this time.

http://imageshack.dk/imagesfree/9oQ21799.jpg

You can see my resist which isn't even that high and how little damage they did. While you spam these wands you can't even cast spells at the same time and they are AOE which even makes them worse in PVP. If the target runs up to you like I did on him, then he nuke himself for 100% damage while I just get 66%. Also if you're a tool like myself then you will sometimes use them to finish someone off while the player stand near mobs/merchants or whatever and then you'll obviously get aggro and fuck yourself over. (Keep in mind that each nuke with the wand gives a +25 Fire modifier which makes them even worse in PVP)

Personally I use these wands to finish people off when I've done like 2 Ice comets on someone and they got 1-5% hp left and also in PVE for the exact same reason. Sometimes I comet a mob and it starts running at 1-10% and then you spam a charge or two to finish them.

If the developers think they are overpowered then so be it, nerf them. If not then leave them be. I'd test golem wand also but no real reason since we all know what they do and it's unresistable. I have yet to try the root clicker. But I can't even be arsed farming it myself cause I don't rly think its that useful as a caster. It's more an item for melee's.

Lovely that good you did this test but why didn't you add Erage gear against yours, It seems he much better geared then you.If you would compare = gear set you would see a difference.

naez
10-29-2011, 05:16 PM
silikten aka friedchicken was an infamous golem wand recharger on 1.0. maybe even got banned for it I forget

lethdar
10-29-2011, 05:17 PM
Yeah, until they fixed it. As with many other things they changed.

right... which was way past velious

Lovely
10-29-2011, 05:17 PM
Lovely that good you did this test but why didn't you add Erage gear against yours, It seems he much better geared then you.If you would compare = gear set you would see a difference.

Cause the test on this picture is only on me. I didn't include the test we did together cause there was no new information that hasn't been said or tested already.

Lovely
10-29-2011, 05:18 PM

In the Test of Tactics SERVERWIDE final the GM's helped players to recharge their items. This is the head fucking GM's of Everquest and they did that.. So if it was illegal then the head GM's and developers who watched over the event wasn't aware of it lol.

naez
10-29-2011, 05:18 PM
right... which was way past velious

confirmed classic

Tamiah2011
10-29-2011, 05:20 PM
Cause the test on this picture is only on me. I didn't include the test we did together cause there was no new information that hasn't been said or tested already.

how can you not agree wands are not exploit?? If you never played EQ ever would you feel it was a fair? I have seen you use these's wands over and over again and without them you would have to return back skill over exploit.

Silikten
10-29-2011, 05:24 PM
silikten aka friedchicken was an infamous golem wand recharger on 1.0. maybe even got banned for it I forget

Yeah, during Kunark. Go figure! And actually I didn't really recharge those heh. They were too easy to get. I recharged Prayers of Life (mostly). ^_^.

It's funny that people are for certain "custom" fixes and yet kind of pathetic at the same time. People want custom resists, but not custom fixes that were implemented later which the GMs deemed necessary.

I say don't allow recharging. The items are meant to be farmed and used sparingly.

I personally don't mind. Classic resists, custom resists; classic items, or nerfing items along the same timeline. It's all fun for me :)

lethdar
10-29-2011, 05:24 PM
Don't get me wrong, I think recharging should be removed due to the effect it will have on pvp, but it was certainly never illegal / discouraged by GMs in the slightest.

But it is going to suck a lot for random casuals and people not in the know when they come to realize contesting anything at the high end results in an instant stripping of all your buffs, followed by instant roots, and eventually instant conflags/soul taps from wands in the planes.

Darwoth
10-29-2011, 05:25 PM
pretty much the only time i agree with lovely about anything, been saying all along with any kind of fr at all the wands do nothing, pretty sure the effect has a +20 POSITIVE fire resistance modifier as well.

ivandyrs already cant be recharged and are extremely rare now since the blue server nerf.

golem wands cost 600 plat to recharge, it takes on average 3 quad kites of seafuries to knock back 600p, if you can quad kite that equals about 40 minutes, i doubt anyone is going to frivolously throw wands around every fight as they will have to be farming for 6 hours out of every hour they spend pvping.

most other clickables that have the potential to effect pvp to a large degree are no drop, class specific and hard to get those that are not are tagged expendable and thus not rechargeable already, so basically the entire argument boils down to redwood wands and golem wands, one is a waste of time to use on anyone with their self buffs or two pieces of FR gear, the other already costs a shitload of money to charge up.

the people bitching about charging them are just shooting themselves in the dick anyway, those who were going to use them will still have a bag full to use because they will camp them all day long and control said camps with their guild, whereas all of you clamoring for the removal of charging under the current system need only get a set of them as opposed to doing without.

i generally have always used the wands while levelling to finish shit off when i am out of mana instead od running around medding mid fight for 15 minutes.

lethdar
10-29-2011, 05:28 PM
http://zam.zamimg.com/images/c/a/ca3c8a50f8492ca4768dba01c1b23910.png

People will be very entertained when they're golem wanded and blown up with this repeatedly.

Tamiah2011
10-29-2011, 05:29 PM
pretty much the only time i agree with lovely about anything, been saying all along with any kind of fr at all the wands do nothing, pretty sure the effect has a +20 POSITIVE fire resistance modifier as well.

ivandyrs already cant be recharged and are extremely rare now since the blue server nerf.

golem wands cost 600 plat to recharge, it takes on average 3 quad kites of seafuries to knock back 600p, if you can quad kite that equals about 40 minutes, i doubt anyone is going to frivolously throw wands around every fight as they will have to be farming for 6 hours out of every hour they spend pvping.

most other clickables that have the potential to effect pvp to a large degree are no drop, class specific and hard to get those that are not are tagged expendable and thus not rechargeable already, so basically the entire argument boils down to redwood wands and golem wands, one is a waste of time to use on anyone with their self buffs or two pieces of FR gear, the other already costs a shitload of money to charge up.

the people bitching about charging them are just shooting themselves in the dick anyway, those who were going to use them will still have a bag full to use because they will camp them all day long and control said camps with their guild, whereas all of you clamoring for the removal of charging under the current system need only get a set of them as opposed to doing without.

i generally have always used the wands while levelling to finish shit off when i am out of mana instead od running around medding mid fight for 15 minutes.

I play a mage and can make well over 2k a hour farming SF , so your statment is incorrect..and why would you use wands for exping that not very smart.

Dojii
10-29-2011, 05:31 PM

well hardcore PVPrs are your biggest nightmare my friend. Because farming and being blue is not only what we are good at but we make it our prime essential to have the best abilities always accessible.

If I can charge a golem wand for 600 plat I will make sure every one in my guild has a golem wand personally and plenty of money for recharges. Golem wand on a bard is sooooo dirty, and i'm saying in the sense of I can run and cast it on you while ever other class has to hold still. this means I can pillage all your buffs so fast and you can't even have a chance to run. ;p

you should not be able to recharge any of these items period. Even players with the best gear will be buffless and Invandyr down almost instantaneously.

Silikten
10-29-2011, 05:31 PM
http://zam.zamimg.com/images/c/a/ca3c8a50f8492ca4768dba01c1b23910.png

People will be very entertained when they're golem wanded and blown up with this repeatedly.

That is also the nerfed version of Conflag right? The real one does 900 damage?

Lovely
10-29-2011, 05:32 PM

This is so true. All you guys that whine about clickers you will only be fucking yourself over hard. Every single TOP guild and most active players will have full bags of these either way. They will camp them day in and day out like Darwoth says and they won't let you have a single one.

While with the normal classic recharging system every casual just need to get TWO of these and you can recharge them forever and actually have a chance vs the hardcore players and top guilds. Think about it.

Removing recharging will lead to even more domination for the hardcore player/guilds.

Darwoth
10-29-2011, 05:32 PM
I play a mage and can make well over 2k a hour farming SF , so your statment is incorrect..and why would you use wands for exping that not very smart.

ok well go make 2k and spam 4 damage wands on me (ie the reason their primary use past level 25 is during leveling).

Dojii
10-29-2011, 05:33 PM
now the sky Mage ring and sky quests should have their recharge enabled tho, because thats quested item and not a drop. and they aren't so much PVP game breakers. whats the name of the mage click DA ring from sky I forget?????

Wonton
10-29-2011, 05:34 PM
Removing recharging will lead to even more domination for the hardcore player/guilds.

How is that true? Only hardcore player/guilds will use recharging items.

Dojii
10-29-2011, 05:35 PM
While with the normal classic recharging system every casual just need to get TWO of these and you can recharge them forever and actually have a chance vs the hardcore players and top guilds. Think about it.

If this is in Red99 will just be a bunch of noobs running around one shotting eachother.

there's what I think about it.

Lovely
10-29-2011, 05:36 PM

Good luck doing that on a PVP server. PP farming on red is not as easy as it might sound.. I'll be bound at OOT always more or less and every little mage sending a pet on a Seafury is a freekill =D

Tamiah2011
10-29-2011, 05:37 PM
This is so true. All you guys that whine about clickers you will only be fucking yourself over hard. Every single TOP guild and most active players will have full bags of these either way. They will camp them day in and day out like Darwoth says and they won't let you have a single one.

Lovely, the top guilds will alway win no matter what so what is your point?Only players using wands right now on Beta are the griefers not the casual player and not the players trying to enjoy the content of game.

Lovely
10-29-2011, 05:37 PM
If this is in Red99 will just be a bunch of noobs running around one shotting eachother.

there's what I think about it.

What does dispelling someone has to do with one shotting? The noob wands does 0 dmg at 50.

Lovely
10-29-2011, 05:38 PM
Lovely, the top guilds will alway win no matter what so what is your point?Only players using wands right now on Beta are the griefers not the casual player and not the players trying to enjoy the content of game.

My point is that you'll actually have a chance to fight them 1v1 2v2 3v3 when you also have Golem wands? If they only have them and you don't then you have no chance.

Tamiah2011
10-29-2011, 05:38 PM
Good luck doing that on a PVP server. PP farming on red is not as easy as it might sound.. I'll be bound at OOT always more or less and every little mage sending a pet on a Seafury is a freekill =D

And without your wands you will do this how?

Lovely
10-29-2011, 05:39 PM
I'm not gonna be in a TOP guild and I know it's gonna be hard for me to farm fucking Golem wands that's why I want to be able to recharge them. I don't wanna run around in CT and get zerged by 15 people camping wands/gate potions and Ruby Armor.

Tamiah2011
10-29-2011, 05:39 PM
My point is that you'll actually have a chance to fight them 1v1 2v2 3v3 when you also have Golem wands? If they only have them and you don't then you have no chance.

why would a skilled player need a wand to win a pvp fight 1v1?I will not cont. to debate this issue....

Lovely
10-29-2011, 05:40 PM
And without your wands you will do this how?

LOL? Have you seen me play this beta? I've killed every 50 on the server minus maybe 1-3 people without using a single clicker. You should stop posting you have no clue what you are talking about. It sounds like you've never played this beta? Have you? What is your name

Lovely
10-29-2011, 05:41 PM
Tamiah my discussion with you is over, just letting you know. You don't seem to understand the basics of this game and PVP at all. No point in talking to you.

Silikten
Talented people don't have to say they are talented. People usually know. If they don't know. Well, then. . .

Tamiah2011
LOL? Have you seen me play this beta? I've killed every 50 on the server minus maybe 1-3 people without using a single clicker. You should stop posting you have no clue what you are talking about. It sounds like you've never played this beta? Have you? What is your name

Lovely please stop living a lie, you use wands everytime you gank anyone trying exping on a mob..

Darwoth
10-29-2011, 05:42 PM
well hardcore PVPrs are your biggest nightmare my friend. Because farming and being blue is not only what we are good at but we make it our prime essential to have the best abilities always accessible.

If I can charge a golem wand for 600 plat I will make sure every one in my guild has a golem wand personally and plenty of money for recharges. Golem wand on a bard is sooooo dirty, and i'm saying in the sense of I can run and cast it on you while ever other class has to hold still. this means I can pillage all your buffs so fast and you can't even have a chance to run. ;p

you should not be able to recharge any of these items period. Even players with the best gear will be buffless and Invandyr down almost instantaneously.

then the target gates and you just wasted 600 platinum, same as it was on live for years, im sure everyone is going to be hoop spammed when as ive said it costs thousands of plat to get one if your lucky and they can not be recharged.

conflag wands have also been in the game forever, they are from the planes and with 120+ fr under this resistance system at least one charge is going to do 32 damage with the others doing 200ish, big deal. they are also class specific and lore which means you can only have one, you have to be a wizard to use them and in order to charge them you have to have a friend with one also bring his ass to your location and charge them with you.

prayers of life used to cost like 1k plat to buy, so 2k everytime you charge one. they also drop off of vox/nagafen, not of a level 10 gnoll.

Tamiah2011
10-29-2011, 05:43 PM
Tamiah my discussion with you is over, just letting you know. You don't seem to understand the basics of this game and PVP at all. No point in talking to you.

yea your correct my first time playing on pvp server, guess I forgot the other 10 years on RZ..

Ssleeve
10-29-2011, 05:47 PM
recharging items is gay.

Lovely
10-29-2011, 05:47 PM
Lovely please stop living a lie, you use wands everytime you gank anyone trying exping on a mob..

Can someone please ban this idiot like you did with Macken? This guy is not trying to have a discussion about anything. He's just trying to piss people off. Nor is he posting with his in game name cause it's definitely not his forum name.

I've used a total of 10 golem wand charges this whole beta. I've never recharged them either lol. I still got 1 left out of 4 and I got 0pp and I do not plan on farming PP to recharge a golem wand on beta.

I can even name the only people I've used it on. Loxy/Lewz and their shaman buddy (forgot name). Some Shaman in Rathe Mountain (also forgot name) and possibly 1 more person. This is 4-5 people out of maybe 300-400+ kills.

gloinz
10-29-2011, 05:50 PM
Can someone please ban this idiot like you did with Macken? This guy is not trying to have a discussion about anything. He's just trying to piss people off. Nor is he posting with his in game name cause it's definitely not his forum name.

I've used a total of 10 golem wand charges this whole beta. I've never recharged them either lol. I still got 1 left out of 4 and I got 0pp and I do not plan on farming PP to recharge a golem wand on beta.

I can even name the only people I've used it on. Loxy/Lewz and their shaman buddy (forgot name). Some Shaman in Rathe Mountain (also forgot name) and possibly 1 more person. This is 4-5 people out of maybe 300-400+ kills.

no ss didnt happen

Tamiah2011
10-29-2011, 05:52 PM

The only person getting pissed off is YOU!!!!! you use wand to exploit game and noone is going disagree with what I'm saying, because everyone know you have Zero skill without using wands..Let one named player on Beta disagree with me on your use of wands and i'll stfu on subject.

Lovely
10-29-2011, 05:57 PM
The only person getting pissed off is YOU!!!!! you use wand to exploit game and noone is going disagree with what I'm saying, because everyone know you have Zero skill without using wands..Let one named player on Beta disagree with me on your use of wands and i'll stfu on subject.

I know you're someone I've hurt and destroyed several times on beta. I've already seen it 10+ times on this forum.

I'm ready to log on and ill fight anyone on the whole beta anytime in a 1v1 without using a single clicker.

I'm here and ready for it. You sound like a level 50 on beta cause it's obvious that I've killed you several times. So step up to the plate and fight me right now ;). But I know you won't dare cause you know ill kick your butt. The only thing you can do is cry on forums cause In game you got nothing.

For the 100th time. This thread is made to discuss in game issues. Not your personal agenda vs me. Seems you don't dare to mention your in game name either.

Ssleeve
10-29-2011, 06:00 PM
Recharging Golem Wands making ENC debuffs obsolete is an in-game issue.

Tamiah2011
10-29-2011, 06:03 PM
I know you're someone I've hurt and destroyed several times on beta. I've already seen it 10+ times on this forum.

I'm ready to log on and ill fight anyone on the whole beta anytime in a 1v1 without using a single clicker.

I'm here and ready for it. You sound like a level 50 on beta cause it's obvious that I've killed you several times. So step up to the plate and fight me right now ;). But I know you won't dare cause you know ill kick your butt. The only thing you can do is cry on forums cause In game you got nothing.

For the 100th time. This thread is made to discuss in game issues. Not your personal agenda vs me. Seems you don't dare to mention your in game name either.

you still notice noone agree with you ...Please stop posting I brought up a concern that needed addressed and your the only one complaining about it, everyone on beta knows you use wands and that you use gate when you dont have wands to use..Prove me wrong allow others to bring up problem with beta without your input.Wands are a exploit and they need to be addressed, plain and simple.

Amuk
10-29-2011, 06:06 PM
I find it funny how people think 600p for a recharge of a golem wand is a deterrant to people. Clearly they don't know the level of nerd that will be on this server, and the lengths people will go for raid mobs.

Regardless, this forum is now officially unreadable by Lovely - I was willing to sift through Harrison/Palemoon/Rust1ds shit every few pages but I can't read pages on pages of Lovely downsyndrome spam - cya all on liveeee.

Sprinkle
10-29-2011, 06:11 PM
jesus christ you two did you read the forum original post?

stop taking this so seriousley you guys lose at forum hard

p.s. lovely thinks she killed hundreds of ppl lol : )

VanEyck
10-29-2011, 06:16 PM
Lovely = the new Macken?

Lovely
10-29-2011, 06:27 PM
I'm actually only posting valid information. Then I get attacked by random people cause I've hurt their feelings in game.

Whatever really. I'll continue to hurt you guys in game cause that's what I enjoy and the developers will fix the server the way they think is best. Whatever they decide will make me happy because they know how to run a good server better then me and anyone else on this forum.

But if you want to influence their server design then you need to post valid in game information and not your personal selfish thoughts.

PS: Sorry for spamming useless shit when defending myself, this is not the place to do so and ill stop doing it.

Wonton
10-29-2011, 06:39 PM
in game name: Pudge

responding to:

Answer: no

...who have played in the last 2 weeks.

Bkab
10-29-2011, 07:34 PM
Talented people don't have to say they are talented. People usually know. If they don't know. Well, then. . .

Amen pal. Castir and I will be seeing you in game when this shit gets started!

mimixownzall
10-29-2011, 07:42 PM

I thought you said you were going to play a monk.

Keep the charging. It is classic. I thought we were trying to at least keep classic content.

You aren't going to be able to have a pocket shaman keeping you buffed every time it wears out (no boxing). So most of the time you're going to have minimal buffs anyways.

Amuk
10-29-2011, 07:43 PM
I'm actually only posting valid information. Then I get attacked by random people cause I've hurt their feelings in game.

Whatever really. I'll continue to hurt you guys in game cause that's what I enjoy and the developers will fix the server the way they think is best. Whatever they decide will make me happy because they know how to run a good server better then me and anyone else on this forum.

But if you want to influence their server design then you need to post valid in game information and not your personal selfish thoughts.

PS: Sorry for spamming useless shit when defending myself, this is not the place to do so and ill stop doing it.

Exactly the same post as like the first time you came here, pls stop.

Lord Binky
10-29-2011, 08:46 PM
if someone wants to blow a large amount of money trying to kill me, I'm cool with it

Amuk
10-29-2011, 09:50 PM
TBH it just raises the bar for nerds. Just like it was a requirement to farm gold for flasks in wow it'll be a requirement for the top guilds to do their daily farming of seafuries or whatever to recharge their golem wands/nuke wands for raid target days. I don't think it should be a requirement to farm a shit load of plat to recharge items to compete but hey - people will most likely be camping them non stop for those reasons, but at least there won't be as many floating around - and esp nuke wands, that will almost if not will one shot an enchanter after u strip via golem wand - pretty silly.

gloinz
10-29-2011, 10:24 PM
TBH it just raises the bar for nerds. Just like it was a requirement to farm gold for flasks in wow it'll be a requirement for the top guilds to do their daily farming of seafuries or whatever to recharge their golem wands/nuke wands for raid target days. I don't think it should be a requirement to farm a shit load of plat to recharge items to compete but hey - people will most likely be camping them non stop for those reasons, but at least there won't be as many floating around - and esp nuke wands, that will almost if not will one shot an enchanter after u strip via golem wand - pretty silly.

ya im not a big fan of having all those clickies floatin around but being a pvp champ paladin it takes more clickies to kill me then the max rate you could click them at naw mean

Silikten
10-30-2011, 12:44 AM
Amen pal. Castir and I will be seeing you in game when this shit gets started!

<3. Cant wait gnome!

Dojii
10-30-2011, 02:15 AM
im sure everyone is going to be hoop spammed when as ive said it costs thousands of plat to get one if your lucky and they can not be recharged.

well there is a way to recharge them and it needs to be fixed. if it hasn't already been eliminated as a bug already.

and prayers of life also.

Golem metal wand should be removed entirely from the game, its too over powered and shuts down the balance in general and mass pvp. the only class that should be able to use pillage enchantment should be the enchanter. if your team can't assist and pumice or nullify magic then you shouldn't really be looking for PVP too often because you will probably get owned.

Instant cazic gate potion should be removed as well entirely. they are cheese ball items and defeat PVP.

Sure there is a desire to have a "classic experience" but just as levels are being modified to suit the server, so should the few but very specific items that can be power exploited to shift PVP balance.

might as well fix it now rather than release it all fucked up and then deal with drama threads and posts later when people start crying about getting power pwned.

Kringe
10-30-2011, 02:36 PM
then the target gates and you just wasted 600 platinum, same as it was on live for years, im sure everyone is going to be hoop spammed when as ive said it costs thousands of plat to get one if your lucky and they can not be recharged..

If the economy is 1/4th here what say Blue goes for, Ill sell one Fbss for 3k plat and cover 5 wand recharges.... Considering Frenzy has a chance to spawn in 3 spots, and we got 3 fbss's to drop in a row within a 1:30 timespan, Ive just successfully banked my recharging funds for the next 15 wand recharges... Thats just one example of Item farm economy Im expressing Dar.

[/B]with the others doing 200ish, big deal. they are also class specific and lore which means you can only have one, you have to be a wizard to use them and in order to charge them you have to have a friend with one also bring his ass to your location and charge them with you.

I dont think your going to have 120+Fr after you have been golem wanded... So I'd expect it to land with a few fullsl with no buffs... Even -40% dmg on average is going to 1 shot your druid With 0 buffs..

I know your quick rebuttal is going to be... If someones going to waiste 1k insta gibbing me than so be it... 1k will be nothing 6months from now when this is still classic, is my point... Items will be sold for several thousand plat, and the recharging cost will be moot...

Everyone keeps saying Ill resist this, Ill resist that... You wont have any buffs... Anyone will save 1-2 charges for your SoC as well.. Which goes to my whole point/post.. That Its fine, You of all people know Dar from Vanguard (our 30-40minute fight where you eventually had to just leave cause even on a druid you couldnt kill me, cause of clicky farming)... Will inevitably be what it all comes down too....

Stop thinking whats going to happen in the first month, and think about 5months from now, when 10k plat is nothing for someone to shell out to buy items they want... 3-5 10k plat sells and walllah, Ive funded my recharging needs for quite along time.

Darwoth
10-30-2011, 03:08 PM
i have 110 fr unbuffed atm and im not completely gimping my mana to get it, redwoods are basically useless on anyone with around 80.

dont really care about all the conjecture of what "could" happen, i enjoy the depth that such items add to the game, they are also valuable tools for breaking up and disrupting zergs, since the resistance system is not classic and greatly favors said zergs this is even more critical.

Kringe
10-30-2011, 03:15 PM
I wasnt talking about Redwoods bro.. Redwoods are for scrubs/early levels... Conflag wands, any other wands from the planes etc was/is my focus.

Dojii
10-30-2011, 03:17 PM
And Brogean said; Let there be basketball.

Darwoth
10-30-2011, 03:23 PM
well conflags and what not are a lot more stout, but only wizards can use them (even from inventory) and the 3 charges + lore tag at least prevents them from just spamming down everyone =P

dont think the planes will even be released until like 4 or 6 months later though and when they are kunark will be shortly after and with it the increase in levels/hp/gear/resists also it will just be a few wizards with a wand same as back on RZ and SZ.

just not seeing an issue really, also you may be able to sell something for a few k initially, but the economy is going to very quickly get overloaded with all those items making them worth very little, reason stuff sells for a lot on the blue server is because all bluebies do is make new accounts and characters all day, most pvpers generally have 1 - 2 chars instead of the 10 - 20 they have over there.

Kringe
10-30-2011, 03:31 PM
Planes are going to be released on launch. Atleast Fear will be.

Also you dont think the early legacy items will sell for shit tons? I mean we can do thex in like 1-2hours x4-6 accounts will sell for ungodly amounts later on.. Thats just naming one of many legacy's.

Necro Wands are around 700sh dmg Mages are gonna be over 1k as well.. thats 3 caster classes there. Your also forgetting the ability to recharge several 10stack pots as well... I wont name many of them for obvious reasons... Believe me Dar, I'm a huge proponent of utility items and farming so this doesnt effect me really... ITs the rest of the guys with much less thick of a skin i'm moreso concernced about.. Im thinking longevity of the server not the first initial few months of newness everyone will love.

Melveny
10-30-2011, 03:37 PM
Arent the planar wands lore? Doesn't that making recharging them very difficult? I remember having my mage have 1 and using cleric to carry other on vztz due to lore tag.

Darwoth
10-30-2011, 03:40 PM
didnt know fear was going to be in at launch, but think most of the wands drop in hate anyway cept the necro one but if i recall thats just a dot that can be dispelled, the mage wand from there is just a dmg shield.

if it becomes a big issue it is a simple matter to adjust it at that point for the items that are causing the most problems as they did with ivandyrs on the blue server, one of my favorite things about eq has always been having a backpack full of obscure shit. dont want an entire classic mechanic done away with because a couple of int casters might score some wands and blow people up with them, if the planar wands become a big issue adjust those.

the kedge keep wands are all lore and no drop, so dont see an issue with those.

Lazortag
10-30-2011, 04:14 PM
On most emu servers if you just give an item with charges to an NPC, the NPC gives you the item back fully charged. This is where most people in this thread get the idea that rechargeable items are overpowered in pvp, because their only pvp experience is from shit servers like VZTZ where recharging didn't work as it was intended (ie, how it works on p99, where you need lots of plat to recharge items). Before saying that recharging is going to destroy the server, why not actually see how it affects the server first. It can be nerfed after release if it's really such a big deal, the way that ivandyr's hoops were nerfed on p99. My prediction is that they will not need to be nerfed and the idiots like Dojii who think that recharging items destroys pvp will just find something else to blame their inadequacy and noobishness on.

Dojii
10-30-2011, 04:41 PM
??????

naez
10-30-2011, 04:47 PM
żżż

Dojii
10-30-2011, 04:51 PM
naez u just rick rolled me.

Dojii
10-30-2011, 04:59 PM
need a quick distraction