PDA

View Full Version : City Guard Faction

juicedsixfo
10-27-2011, 07:37 PM
The server is launching in a week and I haven't heard anything about this since the first talks. Originally there were talks about having working faction with guards, like how it was on Rallos Zek – city guards will assist in PvP if you have good faction, and you lose faction for killing someone in their hometown area.

Is this going in or not? Personally I'm in the middle on this, but this seems like it would be too big of a change to put in after launch.

ChubbyBubbles
10-27-2011, 07:46 PM
I think the guard faction is something that is planned on being worked in. Or maybe will be in before the server goes live. I doubt it will be something that they leave out completely. =)

http://www.moscow-russia-insiders-guide.com/images/Tsvetnoy-Boulevard-Moscow-Metro-Station-clown-statue.jpg

juicedsixfo
10-27-2011, 07:50 PM
That's the thing: I've heard that it's being worked on, but that seems like something that will need some testing...

dogbarf
11-13-2011, 07:54 PM
Any update on getting guards working?

Cymbal
11-13-2011, 08:20 PM
i personally dont like the hometown faction loss thing

that didnt happen for a while as well (not classic?)

Werksan
11-14-2011, 12:41 AM
Plz no faction loss via pvp

Truth
11-14-2011, 01:39 AM
I guess it helps with bind camping and such, but I don't care personally either way

Nirgon
11-14-2011, 02:53 PM
WTB this asap

Toomuch
11-14-2011, 09:22 PM
I don't know if I like the idea of faction LOSS by killing in a hometown, that kinda discourages pvp, but I definitely like the idea of faction assist. Something to be gained by doing what you're supposed to do, you know? If peeps are both same faction, play on, may the best man win, etc.

In the name of IMMERSION, I vote yes (at least eventually) on the faction assist in pvp.

tsaC
11-14-2011, 09:28 PM
[ ] gives a fuck about guard faction

lets try to round up all the retards like wehrmahct lumie and abacab first and have a good ole fashion stoning

stonetz
11-14-2011, 09:33 PM
Was it only in the hometown or did killing people anywhere drop your faction? I remember it and it sucked just don't remember the limit. Made going to Gfay as a dwarf suck.

dogbarf
11-16-2011, 01:27 AM
I don't think the focus should be the faction loss. Most people could care less about this aspect of it.

A functioning npc /guard assist should be in for this to feel classic. Knowing how to pk around guards was fun in classic.

Not worth delaying the server though, but hopefully is added soon?

Darwoth
11-16-2011, 01:35 AM
there was no faction loss for pvp on RZ, since this server is ffa as well there should not be any here either.

faction loss existed on team servers to keep the enemy team from farming good faction and ganking the other team in their towns which were intended to be semi safe for them.

Crazerous
11-16-2011, 01:37 AM
nah i forget if faction loss on RZ was classic..but at some point they definatly added it in..

Truth
11-16-2011, 01:40 AM
Maybe not classic but it was on zek which kept the RZ ruleset at merge (item loot was removed months before merge)

oldfish
11-16-2011, 01:51 AM
there was no faction loss for pvp on RZ, since this server is ffa as well there should not be any here either.

faction loss existed on team servers to keep the enemy team from farming good faction and ganking the other team in their towns which were intended to be semi safe for them.

Not true.

I played on Rallos 00-01, and remember quite clearly my erudite got a WTF moment after i pwned a coupled of wood elves in Gfay and guards started attacking me.

I think you needed to be in Gfay to get a faction loss (IE you could kill wood elves all day in crushbone) but cant be sure about it.

juicedsixfo
11-16-2011, 02:12 AM
I'm just sayin' we're about to have the most amount of lowbies during server rush, so, if it's not going in at the start - what's the point

Darwoth
11-16-2011, 02:12 AM
bullshit, i used to bankgank people on a regular basis in gfay, neriak and freeport and never once took a faction hit.

oldfish
11-16-2011, 04:53 AM
bullshit, i used to bankgank people on a regular basis in gfay, neriak and freeport and never once took a faction hit.

Ask any RZer who played in 00-01... if you killed enough wood elves in Gfay guards would end up attacking you.

dogbarf
11-16-2011, 05:05 AM
Guards would assist, but the faction hit was added in later. Either way guards always worked and should be the focus, not this faction hit crap.

June 27, 2001 3:00 am

- Faction hits on Rallos Zek: Killing a person in one of his or her
home cities will cause a faction hit with residents of that city.

oldfish
11-16-2011, 05:10 AM
Guards would assist, but the faction hit was added in later. Either way guards always worked and should be the focus, not this faction hit crap.

June 27, 2001 3:00 am

- Faction hits on Rallos Zek: Killing a person in one of his or her
home cities will cause a faction hit with residents of that city.

Well i couldnt remember when exactly, so i wasnt wrong it was in 2001. If this is correct, i guess no faction hits in early classic

billyinorganic
11-16-2011, 12:40 PM
i played eq 5 days after release

Truth
11-16-2011, 12:56 PM
i played pre-alpha bro in brad's moms basement im hxc

oya

http://cache.ohinternet.com/images/b/b5/Brad_mcquaid.pngsup?