PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: unable to buff/heal npcs

Darwoth
10-26-2011, 08:22 PM
could do this in classic.

Lazortag
10-26-2011, 08:54 PM
I hate to agree with Darwoth but I vaguely remember this being true.

Kelsar
10-26-2011, 09:21 PM
I vividly remember Swift like the Wind + 2 fine steel daggers to random live frogloks just to laugh - it was classic.

Brinkman
10-26-2011, 09:21 PM
I gotta say, I recall this as well.

lethdar
10-27-2011, 07:57 PM
make it so

mimixownzall
10-28-2011, 07:47 AM
You could also give weapons to NPCs that you were KoS to, also. Giving Orc Pawns sword of runes and watching noobs die to 42 dmg dd's was fun as hell.

Palemoon
10-28-2011, 09:31 AM
This was in, but the potential to grief with it is out of bounds, and grief others outside of your pvp range, i.e. with no recourse.

So this may fall under the "custom classic" not gonna happen category.

Run around DSing and Healing mobs noobs are fighting? OOR cleric CHing a raid mob? etc

Darwoth is sniffing out every single grief tool in the book though, I must say. What a strange and sad focus to have in Everquest.

Darwoth
10-28-2011, 10:37 AM
shit like this is what added flavor to the game, take your pissing and moaning elsewhere.

aside from that the out of range issue could probably be remedied with a tweak to the dynamic flagging system, ie healing an npc acts as a flag to those with loot rights to it.

Crenshinabon
10-28-2011, 07:57 PM
shit like this is what added flavor to the game, take your pissing and moaning elsewhere.

aside from that the out of range issue could probably be remedied with a tweak to the dynamic flagging system, ie healing an npc acts as a flag to those with loot rights to it.

By flavor you mean grief for others.
Also with your flag comment. Level 50 mage Lava Shields goblins in highkeep to grief all the level 25s. BUT WAIT! Now the level 25s can attack the level 50 mage and get wtfpwnt if they want to. Sounds fair.

gloinz
10-28-2011, 08:25 PM
This was in, but the potential to grief with it is out of bounds, and grief others outside of your pvp range, i.e. with no recourse.

So this may fall under the "custom classic" not gonna happen category.

Run around DSing and Healing mobs noobs are fighting? OOR cleric CHing a raid mob? etc

Darwoth is sniffing out every single grief tool in the book though, I must say. What a strange and sad focus to have in Everquest.
such a bluebie,

darwoth is right this adds that eq exclusive awesomeness

Darwoth
10-28-2011, 08:49 PM
By flavor you mean grief for others.
Also with your flag comment. Level 50 mage Lava Shields goblins in highkeep to grief all the level 25s. BUT WAIT! Now the level 25s can attack the level 50 mage and get wtfpwnt if they want to. Sounds fair.

you were a retarded carebear 12 years ago and still are, go get cyber dumped by keri (or whatever) again. if you are level 25 and have not yet purchased the cancel magic spell or its upgrades (or a pumice stone) should prob just go on ahead and fuck yourself instead of logging on or bellyaching about the very classic mechanics that made the game fun to begin with.

Palemoon
10-28-2011, 10:27 PM
you were a retarded carebear 12 years ago and still are, go get cyber dumped by keri (or whatever) again. if you are level 25 and have not yet purchased the cancel magic spell or its upgrades (or a pumice stone) should prob just go on ahead and fuck yourself instead of logging on or bellyaching about the very classic mechanics that made the game fun to begin with.

Your playstyle is a menace and a danger to the servers health. How many servers have died after this kind of "live to grief" playstyle drove off the playerbase?

Hopefully the devs will not listen to any of your numerous "how to screw people better" requests.

Your idea of "grief = fun" is cancerous to MMOs. And you know this. You just use up a game until all the griefing loopholes are closed then move onto another one.

Darwoth
10-29-2011, 12:07 AM
if you dont like classic everquest go play candyland or pocket pool or whatever you want, but your incessant whining about "griefing" is pretty tired at this point.

yaarii
10-31-2011, 07:25 AM
Your idea of "grief = fun" is cancerous to MMOs. And you know this. You just use up a game until all the griefing loopholes are closed then move onto another one.

The reason why most of us are here is because the sanitized, noob-friendly modern mmo's disable every form of creativity. They regiment and regulate every activity on the server to the point of dreary boredom.

And where are the noobs anyway? The vast majority of the population here aren't people who decided to try one of them newfangled MMOs and just happened to stumble into R99 instead of a WoW newbie area. Honestly, if people are fooled by shenanigans on this server they deserve to be griefed.

Cwall
10-31-2011, 09:19 AM
GOD DAMMIT ONE OF THE FIFTEEN DEATHFIST PAWNS IN WEST FREEPORT HAS THORNS

ROGEAN

PLEASE

I CANNOT INTO LEVELLING WITH THIS KIND OF HORSESHIT