PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Archery skillups extremely rare

VanEyck
10-26-2011, 04:54 AM
I know archery skill ups being rare are classic but were talking about over 100 arrows fired just to get one skill up. I do a lot of kiting and its just nuts that my archery should be half my cap at this level.

WizardEQ
10-26-2011, 12:36 PM
I know archery skill ups being rare are classic but were talking about over 100 arrows fired just to get one skill up. I do a lot of kiting and its just nuts that my archery should be half my cap at this level.

Being almost master at everything from live, I can give you some advice. Get your WIS as close to 255 as possible. It's crazy how increasing this stat increases your successes. You didn't refer to what level you're at yet, but I'm guess it's not to go from 249 to 250 (which will take a ton, maybe 500 combines).

It's WIS or INT, and as an INT caster prior, I got to 200 in JC relatively quickly, maybe a few days, and then to 250 in a few weeks. It still took an insane amount of time, but faster than 100 combines at the lower levels. Maybe 100 at 225+ levels. I'm trying to remember from 10 years ago. Because of the /rand generator, I'm sure you have noticed a slew of failures and then 3-4 successes either in a row or relatively close together. This makes me question the randomness of this game at times.

Honestly, fletching is not one of the harder tradeskills, compared to baking and tailoring (don't even talk about tinkering and poison making). Just keep it up, you will get there!

juicedsixfo
10-26-2011, 06:15 PM
He's talking about Archery, not Fletching.

VanEyck
10-26-2011, 09:59 PM
Thank you for your post, but I was talking about archery, not fletching :) My Archery is 91, and my Fletching is 129... I will take your advice and scrape up some wis gear just for the sake of crafting.

WizardEQ
10-31-2011, 12:20 PM
He's talking about Archery, not Fletching.

My bad. I got served!

Rieve
11-01-2011, 11:53 AM
Took forever to skill up on the blue server too. The easiest way I found to max the skill was buy arrows from the fletching vendor in EC, find sergeant slate and snare kite him until him until he gets low hp then zone to let him regen. Go back to EC buy more arrows and repeat.