PDA

View Full Version : Best 6 man grp?

Indio
11-02-2009, 03:38 PM
With what we have now in p1999, what do you guys think is the best 6man grp. Exping and 6 man crawls.

What say you?

Danth
11-02-2009, 03:40 PM
Answer: 6 competent players of balanced class composition.

This is true in all multiplayer role-playing games.

Danth

Derazor
11-02-2009, 03:52 PM
Six mages. Six mages can heal pets, resummon as needed, and nuke down virtually any mob. Six pets would trade aggro consistently, and if said mages are talented, could easily camp or crawl any dungeon. Or, 3 necs and 3 mages, giving you the option to fear kite most targets or invis undead on the mages, as well as FD pull mobs, summon corpses. Or, 3 mages, 1 ench, 1 nec, and 1 cleric.

Indio
11-02-2009, 03:54 PM
well, there are some different possibilities as far as grp make up. Some of which might make for a smoother process overall. I'm sure some folks have an opinion on what they think is an ideal grp...

President
11-02-2009, 03:55 PM
Warrior
Cleric
Druid OR Shaman
DPS
DPS
DPS

magic
11-02-2009, 03:57 PM
Best 6 man group with the current state of the game:

Mage
Mage
Enchanter
Shaman
Cleric

Sixth spot can be (in order of preference): Mage, Necro, Druid, Wizard, *sigh* Warrior

Jify
11-02-2009, 03:57 PM
Six mages.

Agreed.

Yoite
11-02-2009, 04:35 PM
are mage pet heals broken or just necro's?

atm when i use lvl 29 pet heal it does dmg instead of healing. hard to solo anything atm unless i have room to kite it.

Wenai
11-02-2009, 04:55 PM
Shadow Knight
Cleric
Enchanter
Rogue
Magician
Magician

Tank with taunt .. Big Heals .. Crowd Control .. Good melee dps .. required OP Mage ... Required OP Mage

President
11-02-2009, 05:00 PM
If at end game all classes were relatively balanced I would definitely have...

Warrior
Cleric
Druid or Shaman
Enchanter
Rogue
Monk

Pyrocat
11-02-2009, 05:33 PM
Depends on where you're hunting, and as a previous poster said, who you're playing with. I'd take a skilled ranger over a ninja afk warrior any day.

Villert
11-02-2009, 05:33 PM
On p99, you need nothing more than 5 mages and a healer.

To have tanks is to make the mistake of thinking they can absorb damage better than mage pets.

Pyrocat
11-02-2009, 05:50 PM
For all the tank hate I'm hearing, I've never had a group without a tank or had mage pets tank (unless duoing).

Wenai
11-02-2009, 06:01 PM
For all the tank hate I'm hearing, I've never had a group without a tank or had mage pets tank (unless duoing).
It is people griping and trying to make underhanded comments about melee damage mitigation. Every thread turns into a select group of people making silly remarks. Nilbog addressed the thread and said that he realizes there is a problem, yet they continue to try and inject their gripe in every thread. Just ignore the trolls and move on.

Reiker
11-02-2009, 06:20 PM
It is people griping and trying to make underhanded comments about melee damage mitigation. Every thread turns into a select group of people making silly remarks. Nilbog addressed the thread and said that he realizes there is a problem, yet they continue to try and inject their gripe in every thread. Just ignore the trolls and move on.

You heard it from Wenai, the majority of the server offering their views on how things can be improved for a more classic-like EQ experience = just a bunch of silly griping and trolling! If only these people would just shut up and stop offering their ideas on how to improve this server... The nerve.

Yoite
11-02-2009, 06:22 PM
I can't tell when yall are blwoing things out of proportion or just being sarcastic.

Wenai
11-02-2009, 06:27 PM
You heard it from Wenai, the majority of the server offering their views on how things can be improved for a more classic-like EQ experience = just a bunch of silly griping and trolling! If only these people would just shut up and stop offering their ideas on how to improve this server... The nerve.
I have no problem with people wanting to voice their opinion. Do it in an appropriate thread. Don't turn every thread into a giant bitchfest. The issues are known, solutions are being discussed. There are limited people who have the ability to fix an issue like this. All I want is for people to keep their complaining in the appropriate thread, and quit hijacking threads and turning it into a personal soapbox.

Goobles
11-02-2009, 07:15 PM
There is prox aggro when it comes to mage pets. Other people can not melee or they will become the main target of the mob. But, if you have multiple pets attacking, you are good.

Also, mage pets can't generate as much aggro as sk/war/pal can.. which would be a good reason to have them in a group. I have to be careful when I heal my pet sometimes because if I pull aggro, I have to take at least 2 hits before I can back off and my pet takes aggro, and this could be problematic if I were hunting giants.

karsten
11-02-2009, 07:53 PM
paladin
paladin
paladin
paladin
paladin
paladin

Lenowin
11-02-2009, 08:08 PM
Don't turn every thread into a giant bitchfest.

Lol, that should be forum rule number 1.

Like they said guys, they know about it, are looking into it, and have plans to fix it. I got a rogue that's suffering because of these problems, too. Let's just wait it out and hope it comes soon and that's the end of it for now.

Fanwen
11-02-2009, 11:18 PM
3 Wizards, 2 Enchanters and a compentant cleric ready to heal his ass off.

magic
11-02-2009, 11:53 PM

group heals ftw

Boomlaor
11-03-2009, 01:39 AM

This. AE group ftw.

Villert
11-03-2009, 12:12 PM

I assume that was mostly directed at my comment - as it was the last on this thread that would match the tank griping description.

I don't really see how what was said is underhanded, and it's hardly trolling. Someone asked what the best 6 man group on this server was, I, like most of the others accused of underhanded trolledness simply told the truth.

A real troll answer would have been something which tried to derail the thread, which ironically happens only after someone makes a wrongful accusation of trolling.

But anyway; if I were to pick a 6 man group after Nilbog and his team finish their fixes I would go something like this:

Shadowknight
Monk
Shaman
Magician
Wizard/Druid
Enchanter

SK = King aggro, good tank.
Monk = Pulling, melee dps.
Shaman = Heals/slows/hastes/sow etc.
Magician = Fairly obvious DPS
Wizard/Druid = Extra DPS or healing as required - could go rogue or another magician as well.
Enchanter = Crowd Control

Rifter
11-03-2009, 02:21 PM
---
Any tank
Cleric
Enchanter
---

Now that the Holy Trinity is complete it doesn't really matter what the other 3 are.

Slayn
11-03-2009, 10:22 PM
This almost seems like a thread made by a disgruntled ranger fishing for answers that would support his own agenda.

However, my ideal group would be:

CLR
PAL
SHM
ENC
WIZ
WIZ

Reasons: Sufficient healing and tanking. Crowd control. Very high DPS. Cleric and shaman save mana by really only having one party member to buff. As I see it, paladins are the best tank slot with their ability to lull and pull along with their spell utility and LoH.

While this is my ideal group, I would trade it any day for a 3-epic wiz / 2 enc / cleric AE - seb group.

- Slayn - 37 Enchanter

Jinkeybhoy
11-04-2009, 12:09 AM
Shadow Knight
Shaman
Shaman
Monk
Monk
Enchanter

Unconventional, but it could work... Maybe...

Bubbles
11-04-2009, 02:29 AM
I'm not big on these kinda threads, but here's my 2 cents:

Shadow Knight
Monk
Enchanter
Cleric
Mage
Druid

Strange lineup with a couple of interesting aspects to it:

1. ) While feign pulling isn't too heavy too necessary with the enchanter present, both tanks have "out" clauses on bad pulls / zone pathing trains. Very handy indeed.

2. ) Druid can group port, which is swell..

3. ) Mage has damage shields covered (upcoming patches, hopefully).. and as always is DPS incarnate.

4.) SK Snare makes for nifty feign splitting in tight spots.

5.) Post group options: There are a ton of really swell duos and trios that can continue to hold a group of spawns after the rest of the group says goodnight. :)

Reiker
11-04-2009, 03:19 AM
Thread should have been over by the 2nd reply anyways, 6 mages.

Greldor
11-04-2009, 01:44 PM
Sk + 5

edit: Me + 5

JohnPublic
11-05-2009, 03:18 PM
I am still low level on this server and have been toying with various classes to play up. On the original live server I played a cleric/bard/mage/warrior in a major raiding guild from shortly after the game's release until planes of power.

I can say that pre-kunark the most well rounded overall group for dungeons was:
Warrior
Cleric
Enchanter
Shaman/Druid
Any dps (rogue or necro preferred)
Any dps (rogue or necro preferred)

This is assuming that you are taking randomly geared characters with randomly skilled players. This group would give you the best shot at PUG success.

This doesn't mean that it was necessary to have this group makeup. With skilled players you only really need any tank, any healer, and a mezzer/offtank.

For what it is worth in the original game mages were horrible. Half of the time their pet would take off lord knows where and the other half it would die as soon as you put it on a mob. As the group's healer I hated trying to keep mage pets alive for offtanking, you had to just constantly throw mana at him to keep him alive at all.

andymc1980
11-05-2009, 06:35 PM
whatever group u choose, keep melee out of it and you'll be fine :p

darnzen
11-10-2009, 12:18 AM
I play a warrior and I constantly get the "Oh god, why did you invite a warrior?" vibe when I join groups... I actually like joining groups with mages because their pets can tank and I don't die.

Tollen
11-10-2009, 09:54 AM
I fear for my future grouping potential as a bard :(

sk/pal/war
cleric
rogue/ranger/monk
wiz/mage/necro/druid
sham/enc
bard

Bards are in a group all of their own, we can pull, we can CC, we help with regen/mana, Over haste, resists.

Yes bard songs are bugie, but i can still twist 3-4 songs while grouped and chain pull

Tengo
11-10-2009, 10:05 AM
Always welcome in my group for those very reasons Tollen.

Equal Opportunity Group:
+War/SK/Pal
+Cleric
+Enchanter
+Druid/Shaman
+Bard/Rogue
+Wiz/Necro/Mage

Nice set-up that worked on this server:
Bard
Rogue
Chanter
Druid
Druid
SK

roast_beef
01-12-2010, 01:58 AM
sk
cleric
cleric
bard
rogue
rogue

very little down time makes a nice group.

Taluvill
01-12-2010, 02:56 AM
My ideal group goes as follows:

Shadowknight
Enchanter
Cleric
Monk
Shaman
Rogue

With shaman buffs and backup heals, the rogue/Sk/monk would be bomb dps.

If you dont like a rogue, switch shaman for a druid, and put a mage or wizard in rogues spot.

Goobles
01-12-2010, 05:15 AM
BY FARRRR

http://dudeshutup.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/village-people.jpg

karsten
01-12-2010, 05:39 AM
goobles just ended this thread, no more posts are allowed

Jify
01-12-2010, 08:43 AM
goobles just ended this thread, no more posts are allowed

Wait.. why'd you post then?

Goobles