PDA

View Full Version : Spells: enchanters

Kelsar
10-23-2011, 09:38 PM
You guys need to show some love to enchanters. They're ultra easy to counter and resists. Right now they completely suck for PvE and PvP. I've played multiple enchanters throughout the years of EQ PvP and I have to say this server has it wrong. Shifting Sight has to be fixed.

All of these goons talk about being on lock by an enchanter. The reality is a crimson pot will completely negate everything mez related. If you cannot afford 10pp pot at level 50 when an enchanter is in a zone you deserve to be mez'd.

Today I was PvPing a rogue. Even at low level, eye of confusion was easily resisted by one with no resist gear. Further, so was Whirl 'till you hurl. MOREOVER Whirl 'till you hurl is completely pointless is PvE. It does not work in PvE.

enchanters do not have large DPS output, please show them some love.

Cwall
10-23-2011, 10:25 PM
where is the bug

i can't find it in your post

Lazortag
10-23-2011, 10:42 PM
You guys need to show some love to enchanters. They're ultra easy to counter and resists. Right now they completely suck for PvE and PvP. I've played multiple enchanters throughout the years of EQ PvP and I have to say this server has it wrong. Shifting Sight has to be fixed.

All of these goons talk about being on lock by an enchanter. The reality is a crimson pot will completely negate everything mez related. If you cannot afford 10pp pot at level 50 when an enchanter is in a zone you deserve to be mez'd.

Today I was PvPing a rogue. Even at low level, eye of confusion was easily resisted by one with no resist gear. Further, so was Whirl 'till you hurl. MOREOVER Whirl 'till you hurl is completely pointless is PvE. It does not work in PvE.

2 things:

1-Whirl till you hurl was changed to be classic. In classic it didn't last for 12 seconds every time like it does on every other garbage emu server.

2-If you think enchanters suck in PvE, you're just silly.

Dfn
10-24-2011, 12:39 AM
3. Not everyone has crimson pots.
4. There are ways for enchanters to counter crimson pot spammers.
5. Enchanters are supposed to have a "large dps output." - hence nukes that are resistable with long cast times, high mana cost, and average damage
6. You're bad.

Kelsar
10-24-2011, 08:07 AM
Shifting Sight has to be fixed.

eye of confusion was easily resisted by one with no resist gear. Further, so was Whirl 'till you hurl.

MOREOVER Whirl 'till you hurl is completely pointless is PvE. It does not work in PvE.

Since most of you obviously lack reading comprehension.

1. Shifting Sight has to be fixed.
2. Eye of Confusion's resist check is completely jacked. It was being continuously resisted by a player with 25MR.
3. Whirl 'till you hurl doesn't work in PvE. The mob still comes after you and still does damage.
4. Whirl 'till you hurl is super easy to resist with 25MR.
5. Please consider showing enchanters a little bit of love since their nukes are not mana efficient and the crowd control aspects are most of what the class has going for them.

Thanks Lazor for not busting my balls like the other two posters. I'm saying some of their spells need to be fixed.

lethdar
10-24-2011, 08:07 AM

Really really dumb, enchanters are one of the best pvp classes in game.

1) you think enchanter pvp relies on garbage spells like this, you're bad
2) you think enchanter pvp relies on garbage spells like this, you're still a bad
3) you think enchanter pve needs overpowered stuns to land non stop to have a chance, still a bad
4) see above, but with pvp
5) HERP DE DERP MY CHAIN NUKING ENCHANTER IS HAVING TROUBLE PVPING PLZ BUFF.

Yeah, you're pretty much terrible, stick with a mage/wizard or some other no brain class kid.

Kelsar
10-24-2011, 08:11 AM
Play one... let's see pro Lethdar roll an enchanter....Oh wait... you're banned....

lethdar
10-24-2011, 09:26 AM
Play one... let's see pro Lethdar roll an enchanter....Oh wait... you're banned....

lolwat? U kids get trolled too easily. (ps i play an enchanter)

mimixownzall
10-24-2011, 01:06 PM
Since most of you obviously lack reading comprehension.

1. Shifting Sight has to be fixed.
2. Eye of Confusion's resist check is completely jacked. It was being continuously resisted by a player with 25MR.
3. Whirl 'till you hurl doesn't work in PvE. The mob still comes after you and still does damage.
4. Whirl 'till you hurl is super easy to resist with 25MR.
5. Please consider showing enchanters a little bit of love since their nukes are not mana efficient and the crowd control aspects are most of what the class has going for them.

Thanks Lazor for not busting my balls like the other two posters. I'm saying some of their spells need to be fixed.

So it begins.

1. I saw your other post about what's wrong. I agree it needs to be fixed.
2. Blind could possibly be the most OP spell out there. It NEEDS to be easily resisted. Imagine not being able to see anything an entire fight. That is just silly.
3. Really? You just want to be able to spam all your stuns rendering the other person completely useless the entire time? Superhero inc.
4. Congradulations! You have now realized what it is like to enter a game that has defined class roles! Enjoy your stay!

Crimson pot still doesn't stop your mez from interrupting spells.

Softcore PK
10-24-2011, 01:40 PM
What's wrong with shifting sight?

Kelsar
10-24-2011, 04:46 PM
What's wrong with shifting sight?

It's completely backwards. Shifting Sight is supposed to give your target your vision. Right now it's giving your targets vision to you.

------------------
Lethdar,

Sorry bro, good editing your post afterwards though. You definitely need help looking better.

To address any/all of your babble, let me be clear I'm talking about low level PvP - all of which the spells I've cited are vital. So, you have to think about this one a little - it may hurt, I know... you're not playing on a VZTZ box. You won't be level 50 in a day or two. Thus, low level PvP spells will be important. In group PvP enchanters are very good - I'm not arguing that fact. Thanks again for not being able to contribute a single thing to a post.

Kelsar
10-24-2011, 05:01 PM
So it begins.

1. I saw your other post about what's wrong. I agree it needs to be fixed.
2. Blind could possibly be the most OP spell out there. It NEEDS to be easily resisted. Imagine not being able to see anything an entire fight. That is just silly.
3. Really? You just want to be able to spam all your stuns rendering the other person completely useless the entire time? Superhero inc.
4. Congradulations! You have now realized what it is like to enter a game that has defined class roles! Enjoy your stay!

Crimson pot still doesn't stop your mez from interrupting spells.

2. While I agree blind is OP, it is a spell that was used and it is classic. I further agree it should be easily resistible. Right now it's probably resisted a little too easy at 25-27MR. I believe NIL mentioned something about diminishing returns... that further compounds anything associated with blind and its ability to be a viable spell at low level.

3 A) Not sure how to address this one. When you're fighting a monster and whirl 'till you hurl doesn't do anything... you don't see that as a problem? It's essentially a useless spell in PvE.

3 B) It works on players just fine and has a good duration. Again we're running into diminishing returns and its ease of being resisted. While I will advocate it be easily resisted since enchanters get tash, etc. the diminishing returns component kind of worries me for anyone going enchanter.

And I don't understand what you're trying to say with "Crimson pot still doesn't stop your mez from interrupting spells". All I'm saying is mezs are super easy to counter with Crimson pots since it breaks mez.

Further, let me state I do not intend to play an enchanter on live. My intention is to test things and report on it. I want a fun and capable lower tier pvp experience for everyone. This is my experience in PvP at lvl 15.

Also, as an additional bug; players with pets that become whirl'd & blinded are not currently having their pets auto-attack in response to the spell casters actions. i.e. If I cast blind on a necro, his pet will not auto-attack me back.

Jigga
10-24-2011, 05:14 PM
It's completely backwards. Shifting Sight is supposed to give your target your vision. Right now it's giving your targets vision to you.

My reading skills might be bad but i think you are saying it backwards. What shifting sight does is when you cast the spell it allows you to look through your targets eyes with the bonus of ultravision. You see what they see.

The way this guy is writing it makes it sounds like you think that your target will be forced to see what you see.

http://web.archive.org/web/20011125025108/http://eq.castersrealm.com/spells/spelldescriptions.asp?Id=66

mimixownzall
10-24-2011, 05:48 PM
3 A) Not sure how to address this one. When you're fighting a monster and whirl 'till you hurl doesn't do anything... you don't see that as a problem? It's essentially a useless spell in PvE.

Unfortunately that is classic. It was never even bought by chanters. I had a buddy who started out as chanter and he complained about buying it and it being a waste of money.

And I don't understand what you're trying to say with "Crimson pot still doesn't stop your mez from interrupting spells". All I'm saying is mezs are super easy to counter with Crimson pots since it breaks mez.

Well. Think about it: why do you complain about crimson pots being effective against it? You mad that you cant run in the middle of 3 people, keep two on ice, kill the 3rd and keep the others on ice until you finish them off? Mez is still extremely useful even with a crimson pot. The crimson pot doesn't make them immune to mez it just breaks it. It will still have a stun effect. It will still interrupt casters trying to gate or nuke you.

Also, as an additional bug; players with pets that become whirl'd & blinded are not currently having their pets auto-attack in response to the spell casters actions. i.e. If I cast blind on a necro, his pet will not auto-attack me back.

This is a good find. I would report this in a thread by itself (if you haven't already).

Kelsar
10-24-2011, 06:18 PM
http://web.archive.org/web/20011125025108/http://eq.castersrealm.com/spells/spelldescriptions.asp?Id=66

OMG! When was this changed? Bind Sight does the same thing...

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=84

Good find.

Pudge
10-30-2011, 07:16 AM
http://web.archive.org/web/20011125025108/http://eq.castersrealm.com/spells/spelldescriptions.asp?Id=66[/url]

that is a great description. also never knew it caused stamina loss.

the description on alakazam is ambiguous. depending on how you read it, it could mean either you see what your target sees, OR that your target sees what you see.