PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes: Sunday October 23rd, 2011

Rogean
10-23-2011, 04:43 AM
This patch contains new files. Please obtain the latest EQChanges V18 (http://www.project1999.org/files/eqchangesv18.zip) from the setup guide, or obtain the latest files via the EQEmu Launcher (http://www.moestaverne.com/eqemulauncher122.zip).

Third Party Programs
126 Accounts have been permanently banned for using third party programs.

Secrets of Faydwer
Secrets of faydwer has been disabled. We now only support Titanium.

Code

Rogean: Mob AE's hitting a Feign Death player will no longer add them to the aggro list. (It will still break FD)
Rogean: PvP Attacks no longer require the attacker to be facing their target.
Rogean: You will now hover over your corpse for 2-4 seconds after death before zoning.
(There is currently a client restriction on using /yell or /loc in that timespan, I'm working on overriding it.)
Kanras: Pet damage increases if high enough damage weapons are equipped.
Kanras: Classic pet experience distribution.

Content (Holy crap Nilbog...)

Nilbog: Several factions have been altered regarding a player's initial faction level npc faction. Notably evil races.
Nilbog: Several factions fixed where npcs would socially assist rather than proximity aggro.
Nilbog: Resolved many issues with starting characters not spawning with proper guild notes and guildmasters not accepting notes.
Nilbog: Fixed many npc factions which were wrong or missing. Mostly in the Qeynos area. Some are listed below, but they are not exhaustive.
Nilbog: Certain Qeynos guards will spawn or despawn depending on the time of day.
Nilbog: Everfrost newbie npcs and guard factions cleaned up. They should now protect from everything appropriately.
Nilbog: X`Ta sisters now drop Robe of Enshroudment.
Nilbog: Kszan Punox primary faction changed to 'TheDead'
Nilbog: Bidl will replace Hendricks at night time in the Kelethin bar.
Nilbog: 'Telescope Lenses' quest is now available.
Nilbog: Greater Faydark guards will now drop the weapons they appear to be holding.
Nilbog: Jracol Brestiage will spawn only at night. Corrected his faction hits.
Nilbog: Ged Twigborn's quests now work.
Nilbog: Jemoz Lerkason will now accept more than 1 militia helm at a time.
Nilbog: Zenita D`Rin's and Cordelia Minster's loot and pathing created.
Nilbog: Linaya Sowlin loot, face, factions corrected.
Nilbog: 'Broken Lute' quest is now available.
Nilbog: 'Armor Resize' quest now functions properly.
Nilbog: Madame Serena, Drelzna now have pets.
Nilbog: Banker Javen no longer disappears.
Nilbog: You may now encounter highwaymen in East Karana.
Nilbog: Barn Bloodstone now accepts the note from Kane Bayle, regarding 'Bayle List' quest.
Nilbog: Krytn Redstepp, Marn Darkson, Chou Whinstone, Vun Shatblack are now shadowknights
Nilbog: Caster vendors in Ak`Anon now sell appropriate wares.
Nilbog: Tilkzog Mournunder, Davloran Girionlis will no longer spawn
Nilbog: Sorn, Merchant Silvia, and Innkeeps Disda and James will no longer spawn beneath the floor.
Nilbog: Enic Ruklin, Astaed Wemor primary faction changed to PriestsofLife
Nilbog: guardian wurms and ancient wyverns will no longer provide negative faction to ClawsofVeeshan.
Nilbog: Decreased the drop rate of koalindl fish.
Nilbog: Tara Neklene will accept multiples of illegible cantrips.
Nilbog: Clerk Doval's hails and quests work once again.
Nilbog: Xeture Demiagar and Lahn Whinstone no longer share a spawn. Lahn will spawn only during the day.
Nilbog: North Ro guards now assist versus desert tarantulas.
Nilbog: Quest combine for Barnacle Breastplate now uses the correct Shark Skin.
Nilbog: Merchant Edina sells Cat's Eye Agates.
Nilbog: 'Errand for Tonmerk' quest is now available.
Nilbog: Guards Deregan, Shorm, Simkin, Furithane, Cyrillian primary faction changed to CorruptQeynosGuards
Nilbog: Alligators and Lizardmen assist each other in Cazic Thule.
Nilbog: Juk Hidebeater of Oggok now sells Large Leather armor.
Nilbog: Sothure Gemcutter of Erudin now sells star rubies.
Nilbog: Oggok Bouncers now drop round shields.
Nilbog: 'Skeleton Killing' quest now works.
Nilbog: Zimbittle primary faction DaBashers
Nilbog: Worn Cloth Mantle was missing. Added as a drop in Sebilis.
Nilbog: fallen noble will no longer spawn in Mistmoore. It will return in Velious.
Nilbog: 'Note for Konem' quest now available.
Nilbog: Decreased the chance of receiving a Bad Regurgitonic from Kimble Nogflop.
Nilbog: Rathmana Allin will now translate the Bayle Lists.
Nilbog: Mammoth of Surefall Glade will only spawn once a day, at 3am.
Nilbog: 'Rage War Maul' quest created. (Requires warmly faction)
Nilbog: 'Message Intercept' quest created. (Raltur Caliskon)
Nilbog: 'Marr Minnows for Palon', 'Deathfist Oracle Scrolls' quests work properly (kindly faction)
Nilbog: Axe Broadsmith, Plnorrick Spinecracker, Tabure Ahendle, Ginleen Harltop, Ebon Strongbear primary faction SteelWarriors
Nilbog: Henlom Visrek sells Spell: Cure Poison
Nilbog: Added faction and coin reward for Gnasher's note.
Nilbog: Nultal Malfoot now performs the 'Healing' quest.
Nilbog: Added some missing spawns and paths in Lower Guk.
Nilbog: Watchman Dexlin won't always spawn during the day.
Nilbog: Talym Shoontar will rarely spawn in place of Morty Prysmith at Fish's Tavern.
Nilbog: Lysbith McNaff's 'Gnoll Bounty' requires 3 gnoll fangs. They can be turned in one at a time.
Nilbog: Bruno Barstomper, Klieb Torne, Micc Koter primary faction CircleOfUnseenHands
Nilbog: Added missing npcs to the selection which paths from West Karana through Qeynos Hills.
Nilbog: Raster of Guk despawn/respawn cycle created.
Nilbog: Added aggro/death text for Watchman, Guides, and Clockworks of Akanon. Guides/clockworks are now primary kingakanon faction.
Nilbog: Erudin factions overhauled. Temple of Divine Light is now PeaceKeepers faction. Their quests require amiable.
Nilbog: Den Magason and Lomarc will spawn/despawn depending on the time of day.
Nilbog: Anehan Treol and Behroe Dlexon will spawn/despawn depending on the time of day. There will no longer be multiples.
Nilbog: 'Package from Lomarc' quest now works properly.
Nilbog: ice giants outside permafrost will now drop ice giant toes and substantially more coin in lower denominations. ice giants inside permafrost no longer drop fine steel weapons.
Nilbog: Eichvul now summons his 2 goblin guards. Loots fixed.
Kanras: More accurate faction mods for some Qeynos and Odus area factions.
Kanras: Hole Key is for sale.
Kanras: Increased base damage for wizard spell Draught of Ice by 43.

Rogean
10-23-2011, 04:45 AM
Nilbog is all like POW RIGHT IN THE KISSER

L1ch
10-23-2011, 04:48 AM
Thank you for all your hard work towards both servers. Seriously.

JenJen
10-23-2011, 04:54 AM
good job

Wisetree
10-23-2011, 05:00 AM
Estimated down time? Just curious. and yes thnx for all the great work~

disco
10-23-2011, 05:01 AM
thats alot of Nilbog

more banned accounts? When will they ever learn lol... good job guys!

eta on server being back up?

gnomishfirework
10-23-2011, 05:02 AM
wow. i cant believe people were that stupid. they really have no one to blame but themselves.

mitic
10-23-2011, 05:04 AM
http://www.webwork-magazin.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/facebook_like_button.jpg

Moggster
10-23-2011, 05:05 AM
^ this

Dentalplan
10-23-2011, 05:05 AM
Good riddance to some intensely stupid cheaters. Wow.

Good work as always dev team.

Tarathiel
10-23-2011, 05:13 AM
keep up the good work guys, awesome patch!

Trelly
10-23-2011, 05:15 AM
Good work ban those cheaters :D I dont understand why people would come to Everquest a game which they all loved enuf to go through the hassle of Torrenting, Setting it all up, and then they just get on and Cheat? blah.. pitiful. and most of these guys cheating are in there late 20's to 40+ i mean, come on are u serious lol?

Lovely
10-23-2011, 05:23 AM
I really appreciate the work you guys put into these two servers. Thanks a alot!!!

I can't believe people would cheat in a game like Everquest. I always thought of the EQ community as a legit one but sadly it seems to be the community who cheats the most out of all MMO's out there. Depressing. I'd be really fkin pissed off if I ran these servers myself and I would probably be thinking about shutting them down.

Trelly
10-23-2011, 05:27 AM
Shhhh lovely, :'[

Hanja
10-23-2011, 05:32 AM
Great patch, keep up the good work guys. :D Thanks

mitic
10-23-2011, 05:53 AM
i think lovely is tryin to hide something

kensoto
10-23-2011, 05:57 AM
After I click on my character and try to enter the game, I get the following message everytime in a windows pop up message:

EverQuest has detected that your client may have crashed.

It is often possible to determine where and why the crash occrurred. Click Yes to send this data back to the developers in an effort to help the stability of the game.

The only personal ifnormation that will be sentwith the data is the character logged in, the server theywere on and the zone they were in at the time.
--------------------

Does this every time. restarted machine and other stuff, still won't work.

chimare123
10-23-2011, 05:59 AM
cant log my chara in Ec but i can log my other chara in neriak ok

mitic
10-23-2011, 06:02 AM
cant log my chara in Ec but i can log my other chara in neriak ok

just wait some more minutes, zones are being brought up 1 by 1

Brut
10-23-2011, 06:03 AM
What was that announcment about? People can attack each other on blue atm?

rafaone
10-23-2011, 06:08 AM
Good Work ppl, you make this the best EQ experience ever.

Thanks

disco
10-23-2011, 06:17 AM
What was that announcment about? People can attack each other on blue atm?

yeah there was pvp on the blue server hehe!

Brut
10-23-2011, 06:18 AM
yeah there was pvp on the blue server hehe!
Shutdown ruined paladin slaying!

MrSparkle001
10-23-2011, 06:21 AM
Good work ban those cheaters :D I dont understand why people would come to Everquest a game which they all loved enuf to go through the hassle of Torrenting, Setting it all up, and then they just get on and Cheat? blah.. pitiful. and most of these guys cheating are in there late 20's to 40+ i mean, come on are u serious lol?

I figure if I couldn't enjoy the game without cheating, then why would I play to begin with.

I'm proud of the fact that I have never once cheated in EQ, or DAOC or WoW or any of the other MMO's I've played (seriously). I don't even know what these 3rd party programs are called, and don't want to know. If I can't enjoy an online game legitimately, without cheating, I have no business playing that game.

This server is damned fun, even with it's sometimes glaring faults (when are all the broken spawn points where mobs never move going to be fixed? Or are they?)

Amontillado
10-23-2011, 06:27 AM
Server down again, I hope they're fixing whatever the log in issue is. I can't get past character screen without program crashing, has this happened to anyone else? I hope so! That's the kind of sadist I am.

Hanja
10-23-2011, 06:45 AM
The reason you couldnt log in Amontillado is because your zone prolly wasnt up yet, just have to be patient, but im sure it wont take to long to fix the pvp issue. and Same here mrsparkle, ive never once cheated on any mmo and i plan to keep it that way, mmo's are to fun and the whole point of an mmo is to work hard and get better gear and level, if u cheat ur way through it, its just lame.

bizzum
10-23-2011, 07:05 AM
Thanks for all of the hard work guys!

Just wondering if any knows, or if we could get a little more in depth on what these ones are?

Kanras: Pet damage increases if high enough damage weapons are equipped.

"High enough damage" -- just wondering how high of damage.

And I'm not sure what classic pet experience distribution refers to.

knottyb0y
10-23-2011, 07:12 AM
Damn Nilbog!

Good work

Brut
10-23-2011, 07:43 AM
Cheating on EQ is like:

http://i51.tinypic.com/2ibkb5t.jpg

(Cropped to hide MQ.)

EDIT: On a srs note, red beta not letting me in.I get to char select but there it whines about the spellfiles. And yes, did download and replace the files from here, and restarted client.

Aenor
10-23-2011, 08:40 AM
I downloaded the patch and I can currently log into the blue server but I get the files out of date message at char select if I try to log into the red server.

Mardur
10-23-2011, 08:43 AM
Thanks for all of the hard work guys!

Just wondering if any knows, or if we could get a little more in depth on what these ones are?

"High enough damage" -- just wondering how high of damage.

And I'm not sure what classic pet experience distribution refers to.

If the weapon's damage is higher than the pet's natural damage, the pet will use the weapon's damage.

For example, say your pet's max hit is 12 (6 dmg natural weaponless damage). If you give the pet a Rusty Halberd (10 dmg) the pet's maximum damage will increase from 12 to 20.

Danne
10-23-2011, 08:47 AM
I downloaded the patch and I can currently log into the blue server but I get the files out of date message at char select if I try to log into the red server.

Same problem here.

Palemoon
10-23-2011, 08:51 AM
Good work!

I wonder though, how many of those caught cheaters were on throw away accounts on red beta? Or were they all on blue99?

utenan
10-23-2011, 09:20 AM

me too

sivax
10-23-2011, 10:15 AM
Thanks for the hard work! Appreciate it.

Atmas
10-23-2011, 10:26 AM
Awesome guys!

Glam
10-23-2011, 10:38 AM
20 people in at PvP server and I cant logg in still get message wrong files....6 houers now and still same issue.

Downloaded the file a few times and deleted and reinstalled files but can only play on normal server....pvp is bugged

when is it fixed?

DarthPeon
10-23-2011, 11:04 AM
Having the same issues as the above posters with the Red PVP server, files are out of date.

Though can log in Blue99 fine.

Kabilos
10-23-2011, 11:38 AM
http://www.webwork-magazin.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/facebook_like_button.jpg

Very much so!

maximum
10-23-2011, 11:45 AM
Food duration fixed?

mithanel
10-23-2011, 11:50 AM
Planning add EC tunnel spell vendor and paladin heal over time spell soon?
Think was in game,before VP launch

Project1999 wiki says: is in game,but that is totally false...there is not the spell vendor.

Nuggie
10-23-2011, 12:25 PM
Over 100. Wow, just wow.

Quizy
10-23-2011, 12:32 PM
126 accounts perma banned... awesome work guys thanks!

Palemoon
10-23-2011, 12:50 PM
20 people in at PvP server and I cant logg in still get message wrong files....6 houers now and still same issue.

Downloaded the file a few times and deleted and reinstalled files but can only play on normal server....pvp is bugged

when is it fixed?

Same situation, I can log into blue, but not red.

skorge
10-23-2011, 01:01 PM
GJ guys again! All cheaters deserved to be banned! Also good job on the update too...haven't gotten to test the whole pet thing yet (damage increased with higher damage weapons).

Mythika
10-23-2011, 01:17 PM
I am having issues due to this new patch. My loading screen is blank except for the loading bar and character selection screen has a black background. Logging into the game it is dark, the sky is black and sun bright pink. Any ideas as to what is causing this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Softcore PK
10-23-2011, 01:44 PM
Thank you for making this set of bans permanent, keep it up!

And Nilbog, thanks soooo much for all the work you've done this patch :)

Palemoon
10-23-2011, 02:23 PM
Very good job on the faction work, especially around Qeynos. Evil humans beware... you cannot run through every inch of this city anymore and expect to live.. (or qeynos hills for that matter.....)

I know faction work is a huge task, but thanks for doing it. Qeynos feels so much more immersive with the (mostly..) correct factions.

I'm not gonna nitpick, about things like.. Dark Elf Necros now having higher faction with the DE warrior guild then with their own guild (despite being on the opposite side of a underground civil war with them..) because I know you will get to it eventually, and that particular example is an artifact of bringing those insanely high starting factions down to what they were supposed to be (Amiable).

At least everyone is not walking around with warmly/kindly faction with most the city now :)

The work you've done with the mostly evil factions was a priority, and so glad to see it in. /highfive

edit: I'm gonna reiterate my suggestion that inital bind points (at least in freeport and qeynos) be moved away from the front gate guards, and out a bit into the noob yards (as they are on Al'kabor), because I foresee a situation where a young SK, doing normal noob quests for his people, possibly droping down a faction level with those guards and being thrown into a nasty death loop.

Smedy
10-23-2011, 02:53 PM
Sweet jesus, moar haxxors caught in rogeans trap, i approve

djdownward
10-23-2011, 03:14 PM
I loaded and extracted the files into my EQ folder, and overwrote everything it asked, now when I load in, I get to the server screen, and there are no servers to choose from, anyone else with this issue?

Nephayres
10-23-2011, 03:21 PM
I am having this issue as well.

Barnes
10-23-2011, 03:35 PM
I also have this issue...

Daldaen
10-23-2011, 04:05 PM
Hrmm I think I'm having this problem as well. Was fine a few hours ago. Logged to do some stuff and was trying to get back in. Got to character select screen, chose character and it crashed. Every following attempt shows no servers to select from.

Rogean
10-23-2011, 04:29 PM
Red99 Fixed.

Barnes
10-23-2011, 04:52 PM
I still can't log into 99 blue, no servers displayed.

Fultun
10-23-2011, 05:03 PM
Same, server selection is empty.

I was successfully in game earlier after I did the patch this morning around 11am-12pm EST.

Hanja
10-23-2011, 05:08 PM
same issue, zoned and my game crashed now it says im having a connection problem..
then i finally do login and no servers.

http://i55.tinypic.com/w0suhs.jpg
http://i52.tinypic.com/qpms5v.jpg

Edit: Now i am getting ... Error a timeout occured.

Palemoon
10-23-2011, 06:27 PM
Nilbog: Mammoth of Surefall Glade will only spawn once a day, at 3am.

Do we still have to kill bears for him to spawn at 3am? I waited and he never showed. Just want to know before I trash my surefall faction..

Ames
10-23-2011, 07:53 PM
DO WORK

Jomar
10-23-2011, 08:08 PM
Kanras: Increased base damage for wizard spell Draught of Ice by 43.

I might've misunderstood that patch note, but I don't think this is working as stated. This spell is still doing 688 damage at level 60 as it was before the patch. I assume the note meant it is now supposed to be doing the updated max of 731 at 60.

Awwalike
10-23-2011, 09:28 PM
whoa

kaev
10-23-2011, 10:21 PM
I still can't log into 99 blue, no servers displayed.
Been having this off and on since i started playing about 3 weeks ago. Logout/Login usually clears it up (1 or 2 extra tries). If that doesn't do it I resort to the tried and true "How to Fix MSWindows" method of rebooting my PC. Haven't had that fail yet. Suspecting a wonky DLL and/or MS networking code.

bionicbadger
10-23-2011, 11:36 PM
yea! Good job. I hope to see more accounts banned.

emp82
10-24-2011, 12:29 AM
still wondering what this note meant:

Is this accurate to the changes made? (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=960)

Carl Brutanadanalewski
10-24-2011, 01:22 PM
Yeah Yeah, Great Job Guys!! Thanks for your extensive hard work! Ban those scumbag cheaters...you guys rule!!

Enough with these ass-kissing posts already....what's the deal with the pet experience distribution? Pets gonna eat up exp gained? And yeah, some guy asked a valuable question somewhere in between all the ass kissing and hacker/cheater-roasting....when will we see Ruska Densemoore ( or whatever his name is....the black guy under the tent across from shady, just veer to the left a bit when your running to North Ro and you would see him erudite guy, who sells very important spells ) in the EC tunnel?
??

casdegere
10-24-2011, 01:29 PM
Ruska sells Velious spells.

Honest
10-24-2011, 01:54 PM
still wondering what this note meant:

Is this accurate to the changes made? (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=960)

^This. Any clarification would be great.

Fand
10-24-2011, 02:25 PM
Sweet! I like how cheaters are getting banned! :)

Sickle
10-24-2011, 04:04 PM
My understanding of Pet xp from the link. You do 51% or more damage and get majority of the xp. If you do 50% or less damage your pet takes 50% of xp. (50/50 split)

"In the old scheme, if a pet did more than half of the damage to a monster, it took half the experience reward." from the link talking about the new system put in place. I.E. old scheme means classic...

Aoloen
10-24-2011, 06:53 PM
Awesome job as usuall.
I find it amazingly hillarious ( and almost sad ) that after the last " cheaters wipe" dudes would still have the balls to try to cheat lol. pretty funny.

Nice work with the raster spawn / despawn cycle. while camping raster i always wondered why that didn't work, the despawn method on live actually gave you a slightly higher chance of seeing Raster spawn within a full EQ day / night.

Great Patch.

mithanel
10-24-2011, 10:06 PM
Ruska sells Velious spells.

I think Ruska sells Paladin heal over time spell in kunark time.

Maybe they add another spells for another classes in velius,but Paladin receive HoT in kunark and he is the seller.

EDIT:
Reading the project 1999 wiki ---> http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Celestial_Cleansing

Note: This spell was introduced after Kunark launch but before VP. Not currently in-game on p99 (need confirmation).

After the VP openning anouncement...spell will be in server before that openning??

Torin_Stormchaser
10-25-2011, 08:01 AM
Thanks Nilbog, Rogean, and Kanras! Keep up the awesome work! You people are amazing people for what all you do for us!

Yajirobe Yajipants
10-25-2011, 07:11 PM
Will someone, definitively, clarify the implemented pet experience distribution? There's a lot of back and forth on this.

emp82
10-26-2011, 09:59 AM
Will someone, definitively, clarify the implemented pet experience distribution? There's a lot of back and forth on

Does the summoned pet eat 50% of the xp if you do not outdamage it or does the pet eat 75%?

Haynar
10-26-2011, 11:11 PM
Very impressed with the bannings. Keep up the good work.

6 weeks of school left until my Master's is done.

Yea!!!!!!!

H

austinpsp
10-27-2011, 04:06 AM
Where can I download this?:(

Vidrata
10-27-2011, 11:28 AM
I loaded and extracted the files into my EQ folder, and overwrote everything it asked, now when I load in, I get to the server screen, and there are no servers to choose from, anyone else with this issue?

The
Only
Really
Reliable
Entrance
iNto
This
game is easily found.

gprater
10-27-2011, 11:39 AM
I would love to know out of those that got banned this time, how many were repeat offenders from the temporary ban.

Nice work!

Damarous
10-27-2011, 03:47 PM
Regarding pet damage.

I would not trust that article, as it is based after planes of power came out. (Note the date of 2002, PoP release date was Oct 29th 2002, as well as the mention of dire charm).

Slave
10-27-2011, 03:59 PM
What is going on with pet experience?

Zugbug
11-05-2011, 11:48 PM
What is going on with pet experience?

wow seems the pet is getting most of it