PDA

View Full Version : P1999 and magelo?

Seeatee
11-02-2009, 01:47 PM
so I figgured i would boggie over to magelo and make my self a profile , no big deal pick a random server , put in all the proper info and done, only it seems that now magelo only lets you add characters if you use that magelo sync program , which will not pick up anything from p1999 and probably eq emu in general.

does anyone know if its posible to still make a magelo the old fashioned way and if not any way to make one using the sync thing ( which i would rather not do )

:eek:

Reiker
11-02-2009, 02:34 PM
I was just talking about this with a friend.

There's a PHP script that can be installed on EQEmu servers called CharacterBrowser, it's free and extremely easy to set up. All it is is a search engine for the character database. For example, you search for Seeatee, the database is then searched for your character and all your gear, stats, etc is automatically displayed without you ever having to put any work into it. I hope the devs can get this running soon. Here is an example of the system in action on the Storm Haven server. You can look up my character Reiker to see how it works:

http://stormhavenserver.com/tools/CharBrowser/index.php

Seeatee
11-02-2009, 02:56 PM
that is absolutely awesome, can it be linked to like a normal magelo profile as well?

I really hope they implement this here at P1999.

Reiker
11-02-2009, 03:06 PM
that is absolutely awesome, can it be linked to like a normal magelo profile as well?

Yeah. Think they even implemented a signature image type service that automatically updates like magelo and similar websites use.

Glorindale
03-25-2011, 01:57 AM
Any chance something with similar capabilities will be implemented on the server? It would be awesome to be able to update our guild roster on our website dynamically.

SwordNboard
03-25-2011, 06:12 AM
goonquest.com

No guild stuff though afaik.