PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: hit rates, DEX and AGI

God-King Abacab
10-22-2011, 01:38 AM
I've noticed the following when fighting a lightblue mob while all skills are set to level maximum:

AGI: 77
DEX: 94

32/45 hits would land in other words my melee swings would land 71% (3/4) of the time

I would proc berserker strength and the following would occur

AGI: 71
DEX: 94

11/20 hits would land in a sense melee hits at this rate would be hitting for less than half the time or 45% (mob was fleeing at this point as well)

This has been reoccurring every time berserker strength would proc, and it seems that the lower your base agility the less often you would land a hit regardless of dex.

mimixownzall
10-22-2011, 04:56 AM
I was under the impression that DEX had nothing to do with hit rate. I thought the same thing when I made my first warrior (maxxed out dex on creation) and stacked dex on items. It seemed to make no difference; I missed a shitload.

After doing some reading I learned that the creators were big DnD fans and based a lot of their stuff off of DnD. This would mean that STR is the factor in hit rate (high str gave you a bonus to hit in melee where dex only did for ranged items) if they took DnD into consideration for melee hit rate.

lethdar
10-22-2011, 06:28 PM
Terribly small sample size unless you have some major logs to parse the difference.

God-King Abacab
10-22-2011, 06:58 PM
Small sample size, because it's been brought up before by Doors I believe. However I think dex and agi are mixed up when it comes to hit rate on PvE

Pudge
10-23-2011, 09:27 AM
so you're saying a drop of 6 points in agility has doubled your miss rate?

i think you just missed more b/c the mob was running away. (are they harder to hit while running away here? i think i remember this from live)

Palemoon
10-23-2011, 09:41 AM
they should be far easier to hit when running away, since you can't dodge/parry/etc when turned away from who is attacking you.

Common old bstlord tactic was always to tank a mob so your trusty pet was to his back.

lethdar
10-23-2011, 10:31 AM
Small sample size, because it's been brought up before by Doors I believe. However I think dex and agi are mixed up when it comes to hit rate on PvE

why would they be mixed up in the first place, neither dex nor agi did anything to hit rate.

MakeYouMad
10-24-2011, 07:41 AM
why would they be mixed up in the first place, neither dex nor agi did anything to hit rate.

Searyx made Dex affect hit rate on VZTZ and they merged a bunch of VZTZ code so God knows what is in there.