PDA

View Full Version : Who gets what buffs?

Gweed
04-02-2010, 01:37 PM
Recently got to the point where I am starting to group alot with my Shaman.

I realized that I have totally forgotten which class needs which of my buffs.

Would someone be kind enough to share what kind of buff I should give each class?

Thanks

Ferok
04-02-2010, 01:44 PM
If I'm the only healer, I give the main tank AC and give the puller SoW (if possible).

If I'm a supporting healer, or I otherwise have mana to spend, I'll give Strength, Dex to melee and SoW to everyone (again, if possible). Stamina to the tank/puller/necros is also a good idea, especially at higher levels.

Once regen becomes available, give that to the puller, the tank, and anyone else taking semi-regular damage. And Necros. They'll love you.

Once haste becomes available, give that to all the melee - no exceptions.

huh
04-02-2010, 02:06 PM
Ferok pretty much hit the nail on the head. I can mostly only speak from melee experience, but ...

IMO Priorities are:

Haste for melee, no exceptions. Seriously. :)

SoW & Sta or AC to puller

Sta & AC (or agility if no components for skin) to Tank

Sta to necros for their hp->mana converts

Lesser Priorities (I.e. when mana permits)

Str & Dex to Melees

Haste to pets??? I don't recall if pet classes get their haste in classic.

Agility to Melees, the small AC boost does help, Monks benefit from this most??

Aeolwind
04-02-2010, 02:35 PM
- Sta on Group, extra HP always rocks
- Str is negligible in most cases, as is dex.
- Regen on the folks taking damage is actually a larger damage mitigation than an AC improvement from a shaman.
- Haste only if an enchanter isn't around. Depending on the number & type of melee, haste can actually increase the groups DPS beyond the extra damage that a shaman can generate with nukes/dots. For SK/Pally, not so much, but ranger/rogue/monk you'll see a marked rise in damage, especially if it is loaded towards 2 rogue/monk.

Essentially, if mana is tight: Sta/Regen/haste are all you should directly worry about. Beyond that is gravy.

Ektar
04-02-2010, 02:55 PM
Special cases also come up. Like when I was leveling in lguk, putting dex on my ghoulbane was just supersauce. pump a tank full of hp when there's a cleric CHer there.. I mean I dunno I always just request the buffs I want.

Hasbinbad
04-02-2010, 03:29 PM
From a rogue perspective, Aeolwind is high.

Please give your local rogue STA, Tali, and STR in every situation, and DEX if (s)he is a (stupid) proc rogue. Also, haste if no enchanter obv.

YendorLootmonkey
04-02-2010, 03:58 PM
I'll make things simple for ya.... just follow me around and cast SoW on me.

atvaata
04-02-2010, 04:11 PM
Str/Sta/Agi/Dex.. Tanks like all of those things.

the str will raise damage, allowing for higher aggro due to increased hits~
stamina gives more hp obv..
Agi gives some dodge/ac
and dex allows for better procs~

and like others said haste/regen :D

why does everyone overlook agilitys importance!

Hasbinbad
04-02-2010, 05:21 PM
why does everyone overlook agilitys importance!
Because the effects are downright negligible. Suuure, if you have FM and it would waste, go ahead and cast agi, but generally speaking, other uses of mana are more efficient for the group.

Rhalous
04-02-2010, 05:31 PM
Hey Gweed, don't overlook giving your puller and tank magic resistance and other resistances when fighting in places with caster mobs. People tend to forget about resists, but it is one of the most important things imo. i.e. MR to combat ghoul root, etc.