PDA

View Full Version : More then 1 PC over 1 Router, not possible?

Cryptwalker
04-01-2010, 05:56 PM
My Brother and I, want play on project 1999. But our Network has only 1 ip because our Router. And only one of us can play at the same time. How can we both play the same time with 1 internet connection?

Scrooge
04-01-2010, 07:09 PM
You can request an exemption from the GMs, specifically Nilbog. I'm sure there is a sticky about this somewhere on the forum, shouldn't be too hard to find.

ecna1ab
04-01-2010, 07:10 PM
"Can I play with my roommate/family member? It says there is only one account per IP allowed.
You certainly can. Just make a thread in the petition/bug subforum stating who you want to play with and other relevant information. Just be aware that if you're caught 2boxing or otherwise controlling both accounts at once, it will result in an immediate ban of both accounts."

Qian
04-01-2010, 07:10 PM
Post in the Petition / Exploit section and ask for an exemption to the 1 IP rule. Just don't duel box with it or they will find you.

keen
04-02-2010, 07:43 PM
Why is it not ok to have 2 accounts? Even if you are running 2 comps..

mixxit
04-02-2010, 07:45 PM
i guess because of no income to pay for the server and more clients = more cost

BigFella
04-02-2010, 10:04 PM
Getting an exemption is thankfully easy, and the steps required are detailed right here in the forums. Just look at the instructions in the petition/exemption section of the forum. If you still need help post an update. Also, feel free to post an update once the issue has been corrected :). It may take a few days for your exemption to be answered, but if you follow the directions carefully it is quite a simple process. 2-Boxing or otherwise allowing multiple logins per user severely compromises the stability of the server, as it has a magnifying effect. Also it is a hassle in many other ways (speaking as someone who has never tried it but has had the unfortunate experience of sharing a server with a great abundance of annoying multi-character parties, each of which was controlled by a single person).