PDA

View Full Version : xp gain and loss

Sprinkle
10-11-2011, 03:44 PM
so i logged on p99 blue today since i am epicly sick of playing a char that will be deleted and i went to north ro to level a bit since i got a solist icy wand

my wiz is 13

i killed 6 blue mobs , 2 asps 4 spiders and i got a total of 2 blues of xp
i pulled a beetle and got disconnected and died , and lost it all

now imagine if i was on red , killed those mobs ( Without the downtime of not having the wand )

and got steamrolled by 2 ogre sks

and lost the same xp

how fast you guys think the server will have 35 population if xp loss is implemented?

if you want to make it classic xp i can understand , it does keep people in certain areas longer to enjoy more , visiting all the camps for that range ETC

but xp loss in pvp is the worst idea ive ever heard of

Cwall
10-11-2011, 03:48 PM
you raise an interesting point i think somebody should sticky a thread to discuss things like this and oh also throw in coin/item loot to the discussion

hurry before people make more threads about this

Palemoon
10-11-2011, 03:57 PM
Move this to RnF imo, like the rest of his threads

Galacticus
10-11-2011, 03:58 PM
you raise an interesting point i think somebody should sticky a thread to discuss things like this and oh also throw in coin/item loot to the discussion

hurry before people make more threads about this

He is right.

Harrison
10-11-2011, 03:59 PM
Read more, retard. The loss you get from a pvp death is nowhere near an NPC death.

Of course they could just jump you while you fight an npc and let the npc finish you off, but that is nothing new in pvp.

Sprinkle
10-11-2011, 04:04 PM
i got killed twice 2 days ago by 2 50s and i lost 3 blues + pretty comparable

at 10x on beta no one cares about it , cause its a couple kills

just remember how many casuals there are on these types of servers , and how many casuals from p99 blue would love to come play , if they get farmed hard they are so out

just remove xp loss completely its a bad idea

Arclyte
10-11-2011, 04:23 PM
itt cozmonaut is afraid of getting deleveled by the enemies hes making on beta/forums

you know you can just name your char something else bro it's ok

Sprinkle
10-11-2011, 04:24 PM
enemies ? you mean people take this chat seriousley? i sure dont

its all hilarious trolling crying basically hahahah ETC

i get a kick out of it

Darwoth
10-11-2011, 04:25 PM
sullon zek had full xp loss, not the 1/3 or so that you get here and it was the most populated pvp server from the time it launched until i quit when they came out with luclin.

Sprinkle
10-11-2011, 04:26 PM
Rallos #1 you are mistaken sir

Sprinkle
10-11-2011, 04:27 PM
PS only crybabies quit at luclin ( WAAA LUCLIN SUX BASICALLY HAHAH HA )

Darwoth
10-11-2011, 04:28 PM
i started on rallos and switched to sullon, had developed chars on both servers. sullon had a higher pop than rz while i played as half of RZ switched to get away from having to spend 3 hours looking for someone within 4 levels to kill and then getting to look at a screen full of no drop.

Darwoth
10-11-2011, 04:29 PM
PS only crybabies quit at luclin ( WAAA LUCLIN SUX BASICALLY HAHAH HA )

ok ill keep that in mind

Crenshinabon
10-11-2011, 04:29 PM
Like most others have said xp loss related to pvp is about 1/3 of normal.
You gonna rage quit over losing 1/2 a blue? If this is the case you prob will want to stay on blue.

Crenshinabon
10-11-2011, 04:32 PM
XP loss though pvp is like 1/3 of normal. If you ragequit over losing 1/2 a blue bubble maybe red isn't for you.

And Darwoth, I never ever remember having a tough time finding pvp on classic RZ. It found me most the time. Every zone I would enter would have 10+ people my level in it. (Assuming you are the right level range for mobs)

Crenshinabon
10-11-2011, 04:33 PM
wow my browser is like messing up or something, wont let me edit, sorry for double post.

Massive Marc
10-11-2011, 04:41 PM
Can't edit RnF, 4realz.

Darwoth
10-11-2011, 04:54 PM
XP loss though pvp is like 1/3 of normal. If you ragequit over losing 1/2 a blue bubble maybe red isn't for you.

And Darwoth, I never ever remember having a tough time finding pvp on classic RZ. It found me most the time. Every zone I would enter would have 10+ people my level in it. (Assuming you are the right level range for mobs)

at level 60 you could go to sebilis or karnors for the most part and always find pvp, problem was karnors was 2 feet from a zoneline until you got further in and then it was always full groups which if you were solo was an issue.

sebilis you were not going much further than the entrance unless you were an FD class.

for me burning woods and skyfire were the only decently reliable places to find folks to kill at 60 that were in range and without a zerg, however those were the same old naked retards bound 3 feet away and it became an annoying waste of mana to kill them as they didn't care if they died as they lost nothing.

sure, you could camp ports and other chokepoints but that was pretty boring.