PDA

View Full Version : Snare lasts 18 second

dogbarf
10-11-2011, 03:39 AM
After casting snare on my naked self 7 times to get it to stick. Snare only held for 18 seconds.

I remember snare lasting full duration when it landed in pvp? This was classic wasn't it?

Can anyone tell me how long ensnare lasts on beta? I remember it lasting 7+ minutes.

These spells lasting only 18 seconds is a HUGE nerf to druids and rangers and pretty much all casters in general.

If we are going to have a "classic resist rate" can we have classic cc duration? Or are casters just expected to get shit on once melee get 3 pieces of mr gear and a resist buff?

Envious
10-11-2011, 03:51 AM
Oh please, make snare rape me for 3minutes, and ensnare the fuck 3hrs.

No clue how long it lasted on live... but its a giant dildo in barbed wire to have either land on you as it rapes your movement buff.

dogbarf
10-11-2011, 03:52 AM
Since we arent keeping it classic, can we have vz/tz resist system?

Envious
10-11-2011, 04:04 AM
You "remember" it lasting full duration?

Nobody even knows if you played classic.

Post this in bugs, with some substantial proof that it was full duration. Or, if you have no proof, which it seems you dont... sit and continue to wait for someone to collaborate in this thread.

Darwoth
10-11-2011, 04:08 AM
if a snare or root actually landed then yes it stayed on for the full duration if the target didn't pumice it, ive noticed a lot of emulators have it last only a few ticks so i assume there is a generic source code most of them use.

Envious
10-11-2011, 04:14 AM
Did root have a chance to break on dmg in classic?

I kept 2 accounts worth of mules with full bags in bank and on person of Egg shaped pumice... so, I had insta dispel until I quit in Velious. Hence, I dont remember the duration of that crap.

Pumice, then Jboots, and never stopped. /shrug

dogbarf
10-11-2011, 04:15 AM
You "remember" it lasting full duration?

Nobody even knows if you played classic.

Post this in bugs, with some substantial proof that it was full duration. Or, if you have no proof, which it seems you dont... sit and continue to wait for someone to collaborate in this thread.

You must not have played classic.

These changes came in way late, and should not be in if pvp is going to be considered classic at all.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/history/patches-2004-2.html

August 11, 2004

- Player spells now have a separate duration field for PvP. Individual spells will continue to be tuned during beta.
- Player spells now have a PvP specific resist mod. Spell lines with
resist mods differing from their normal adjusts initially include:
Movement Rate
Root
Enthrall
Mana Drain
Stuns
Direct Damage
Damage over Time
Pet procs/innates

- Lowered the duration of most snare, Enthrall, and Root spells and
abilities.

Envious
10-11-2011, 04:22 AM
Add in a link and toss it in bug forums.

Let Rogean sort it out.

Darwoth
10-11-2011, 04:23 AM
Did root have a chance to break on dmg in classic?

I kept 2 accounts worth of mules with full bags in bank and on person of Egg shaped pumice... so, I had insta dispel until I quit in Velious. Hence, I dont remember the duration of that crap.

Pumice, then Jboots, and never stopped. /shrug

had a chance to break on damage, snare stayed on full duration until dispelled regardless of damage.

tmoneynegro
10-11-2011, 04:35 AM
I remember snare lasting full duration when it landed in pvp? This was classic wasn't it?

Don't remember if ensnare lasted the full 10 minutes or whatever on EQ live, but it did last a long ass time. Whatever is on this server now is probably Null's bastardized version of EQ PvP.

These spells lasting only 18 seconds is a HUGE nerf to druids and rangers and pretty much all casters in general.

Lol @ huge nerf. Maybe a huge nerf for level 10 PvP, not level 50 PvP against well geared players since nobody used it against those. But yea, I agree that it should be like normal EQ for resists and durations and not TZVZ.

Or are casters just expected to get shit on once melee get 3 pieces of mr gear and a resist buff?

How are you going to get "shit on", at any given time you can easily run away. It sounds like you want it so melees get shit on with easily landable snares and 0 channeling skill to pumice it off. Can your post be any more hypocritical.

Since we arent keeping it classic, can we have vz/tz resist system?

Oh, so now we get to the real point of this guy's post. It's some moron from TZVZ posting anonymously. He's not a very good player so wants giant game breaking spells put in game so he can get free kills without any actual effort.

dogbarf
10-11-2011, 04:47 AM
But yea, I agree that it should be like normal EQ for resists and durations and not TZVZ.

Glad we agree.

Bockscar
10-11-2011, 09:03 AM
Spells had the same duration on players as they had on mobs. Snare should last minutes. Root can break early and from damage, so that's harder to determine, but the base duration should be the same.

If you're low-level, it's possible that this is why your snare didn't last very long. The duration starts really low and it gains a tick per level or something.

Lazortag
10-11-2011, 10:51 AM
I believe snare is limited in duration in pvp because of a client-side issue. Someone addressed this in another thread.

Billbike
10-11-2011, 10:53 AM
I remember being ensnared for 11-14 minutes on TZ in 03. May or may not be relevant here.

Lasher
10-11-2011, 10:55 AM
I believe snare is limited in duration in pvp because of a client-side issue. Someone addressed this in another thread.

I heard a dev say something like that as well

dusk883
10-11-2011, 01:01 PM
Under no circumstances did Snare work for "full duration" on the team servers anyway. It was a short lived spell that worked entirely different in pvp than it did for pve. IMO.

And in no way should it work for 3 minutes or whatever... well, maybe if egg shaped pummies are in game, I won't care ...otherwise it's a ridiculous notion

Sorath
10-11-2011, 01:07 PM
It last full duration, unless you peel it.

Bockscar
10-11-2011, 01:10 PM
I certainly remember getting ensnared for 14 minutes in PvP.

Sniperfire
10-11-2011, 01:13 PM
Under no circumstances did Snare work for "full duration" on the team servers anyway. It was a short lived spell that worked entirely different in pvp than it did for pve. IMO.

And in no way should it work for 3 minutes or whatever... well, maybe if egg shaped pummies are in game, I won't care ...otherwise it's a ridiculous notion

you know how many times we talked in vent about ensnares and how long you had to wait for it to leave with no pell.........ensnare lasted full duration if it landed period on SZ

Muaar
10-11-2011, 02:28 PM
It was easier to resist but IF it landed it was full duration. Making it a reduced duration really nerfs the spell because it never lands anyways.