PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Various Issues

Doors
10-08-2011, 08:31 PM
1.)SoW sometimes bugs out when cast on players and grants them bardspeed.

2.)Melee hit ratio vs. NPCs seems completely fucked. I've missed 10 + times versus dark blue con mobs using a fine steel weapon and weapon skill at appropriate value for my level.

3.)Mobs are hitting for entirely too much. Dark blue cons - yellow cons swinging and nailing me for max hit on a consistent, multiple round basis for their level even though I have AC gear on in every slot minus jewelery areas plus buffs on. Mobs with rusty - fine steel weapons hitting for even harder.

4.)Magic resist based spells get resisted very, very often on players that have little to no resists. This includes things like root, enchanter mez.

5.)Cold, fire, disease and poison based spells rarely get resisted even on targets with resist buffs/gear on to that appropriate spell. This includes things like shaman dots and most wizard nukes.

6.)Casting buffs on players out of the -/+ 8 level range puts them in range to be killed. This includes things such as damage shields and HP buffs. It does not work however with see invisible.

7.)Targeting a player outside of the -/+ 8 level range and casting gate, a self port, or a group port, even if that player is not grouped with me, puts them within my level range (target level 1, casting solo wizard port to WK, level 1 is now in range to be killed by me.)

8.)Grouping with low level players and starting a port puts them within my level range to be PKed. Easily abusable grief exploit.

9.)Theres currently a mana regen bug. Sitting and medding sometimes doesn't work and your mana stays where its at. You either need to cast another spell or stand up then sit back down a few times to fix it.

10.)There are times when lower level, out of range healers will assist, buff or heal a group member of theirs that is in range and yet they are still unattackable. This is leading to people boxing unkillable healers. Even when they do assist, or I try and engage them by trying to buff them, I receive a message stating that I am now in range of levels 21-251, etc. and yet I still can do nothing to them.

11.)Players that are outside the -/+ 8 level range, that initiate and attack me, still do not become viable targets and attack with built in immunity from the dynamic pvp level range system. This has only happened to me once so far. A ranger that was 8 levels lower than me was auto attacking me and any attempt to cast on them gave me the message that they were protected. This person opened on me first.

More to come as I think of them.

Editing to add problems I come across.

Mardur
10-09-2011, 12:57 PM
1.)SoW sometimes bugs out when cast on players and grants them bardspeed.

Had this happen to me in Cazic Thule. With a normal mid 30ish shaman sow I was so fast I could barely control my character.

9.)Theres currently a mana regen bug. Sitting and medding sometimes doesn't work and your mana stays where its at. You either need to cast another spell or stand up then sit back down a few times to fix it.

Had this happen to me in Sola with drink and clarity. Was stuck at 20ish mana, couldn't get it to regen again until I ran around and got hit by a mob.

Azu
10-09-2011, 01:25 PM
1.)SoW sometimes bugs out when cast on players and grants them bardspeed.this also happens on blue. i have had it happen quite a few times to me actually. i jokingly call it "Spirit of Bard" when it happens. cant think of it ever happening after being buffed. when it has happened to me it was always after relogging or zoning. (almost as if the buff "forgot" who cast it on you and how fast its supposed to be realitive to the level of the person that cast it on you)

4.)Magic resist based spells get resisted very, very often on players that have little to no resists. This includes things like root, enchanter mez.

5.)Cold, fire, disease and poison based spells rarely get resisted even on targets with resist buffs/gear on to that appropriate spell. This includes things like shaman dots and most wizard nukes.

from what spells i have used i have noticed this. Magic based spells are "resisted" alot while fire, cold, poison, disease are generally only partially resisted. rarely ever fully resisted (even on dots which iirc are binary) i think I'll have to do some testing and post the numbers later.

in regards to the mana regen bug i have also run into this seemly randomly twice. (that i have noticed) once in steamfront while leveling. another last night in Lower Guk

Mardur
10-09-2011, 10:52 PM
About the sow thing... I've played on P99 since day 1 and never seen this before except for the 1 occasion in cazic thule. I also didn't zone or log, I got the superspeed effect as soon as SoW landed.

Vohl
10-10-2011, 12:30 AM
Root and snare land just fine on me.

Darwoth
10-10-2011, 12:41 AM
have noticed most of the things above as well, though fire/cold nukes rarely got a full resist in live, and here against people with 80 fr my starfire usually only does between 30 - 200 damage which is shit and not how it was on live where partials generally still did a little above half and you needed 150 to a resist to make it resist that frequently.

the level thing ive not been able to reproduce, from what ive seen thus far it puts you in their range yes, but not them in yours unless they attack you.

the sow = bard speed happens with or without sow, guildmate of mine rolled a newbie warrior and everytime he zoned he would wonder why he was moving so fast. this was in the innothule/feerot area and happened several times not just once or twice.