PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Pet Buffs Do Not Show

Andis
10-05-2011, 03:11 PM
I realized that when my mage pet was buffed...none of the buffs showed on the pet window...also wanted to make sure that dispell on pet also works as long as we are on the pet topic...

Nirgon
10-05-2011, 03:14 PM
Classic never let you see your pet's buffs. You only get a message when your buffs on your pet faded.

canardvc
10-05-2011, 05:05 PM
Classic never let you see your pet's buffs. You only get a message when your buffs on your pet faded.

And they do now ?

Never saw a "Your burnout spell has worn off Kebeker" yet.

Also the same kind of message wasn't classic on player ?

Andis
10-05-2011, 05:07 PM
yup there is no message, and why wouldn't they make it so you did see your pets buffs...will it show when pet get rooted/snared? like wtf....and the pelling might become an issue if buffs arent listed...

juicedsixfo
10-05-2011, 05:10 PM
Pretty sure the pet window wasn't even classic.

canardvc
10-05-2011, 05:27 PM
Just like the pet life bar, right under YOUR life bar in the characters status window.

No wonder why there's a /pet status command. It just returns the health % of your pet cause there were no way to know it otherwise.

Quite frankly I seem to remember my buffs wearing off a player would leave a message in the combat window. But I played right when Kunark went out so I am not sure this is classic. Can anyone confirm/deny this ? For pets too

nilbog
10-06-2011, 01:20 PM
No, beneficial 'wear off' messages are not classic.

Bockscar
10-06-2011, 01:27 PM
Pretty sure the pet window wasn't even classic.

It's classic, it just didn't have that sidebar for buffs.

nilbog
10-06-2011, 01:37 PM
Pet window isn't classic (as far as prior to Luclin). That UI element didn't even exist.

Classically, to keep up with your pet stats, you would need to /pet report health, or similar.

Harrison
10-06-2011, 02:06 PM
It's classic, it just didn't have that sidebar for buffs.

This thread and responses like this are the type of shit that should get someone banned from posting in the bugs section.

Pet window is NOT classic. It didn't even exist. ALL pet interactions were typed and/or hotkeyed by yourself, you needed to know the commands.

Silikten
10-07-2011, 04:45 AM
/pet reporthealth only says his health percentage, not buffs. Is that correct? I can't remember :X

Bockscar
10-07-2011, 10:08 AM
Pet window isn't classic

True enough. Memory tricks.

This thread and responses like this are the type of shit that should get someone banned from posting in the bugs section.

What's it like to have no friends in the world?

Harrison
10-07-2011, 10:20 AM
Let me know when you come up with an answer to that, Corky.

Bockscar
10-07-2011, 10:24 AM
I'm asking you because I don't know and you're the leading expert.