PDA

View Full Version : ranger pvp

Sniperfire
10-05-2011, 02:30 AM
discuss

Softcore PK
10-05-2011, 02:44 AM
They can joust and use bows and self buff and heal and they have more hp than robes.

Softcore PK
10-05-2011, 02:47 AM
omg and track

Sniperfire
10-05-2011, 02:53 AM
but can they kill people brews

Softcore PK
10-05-2011, 02:54 AM
what are people brews ?

Aenor
10-05-2011, 02:56 AM
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=brew

Brew

A total fag-bro. A bromo, if you will. (homo+bro). The type of man who wears neon clothing and lots of plaid. Wakeboards more than they should, makes sure everyone knows it, and usually isn't very good at it. Loves the lake and acting like a total toooooool!

Softcore PK
10-05-2011, 02:58 AM
i dont follow

Aenor
10-05-2011, 03:03 AM
Don't troll me brew. Urban dictionary has a million different definitions for everything... thought that one was the lols.

Softcore PK
10-05-2011, 03:23 AM
:s what

Bockscar
10-05-2011, 06:00 AM
Rangers are ok for solo PvP and pretty convenient to play if you don't run with a consistent crew. Everything they can do, several classes can do better. If you like running around outside looking for 1v1 fights, rangers are alright. They lack the raw power of most of the other classes and aren't really worth that much in group PvP except for tracking.

Pros:
- One of only three classes that can SoW
- Decent resist buffs - +40 fire and +20 cold self-buffed is solid for a melee class
- Moderate damage shield which gives an advantage against rogues/monks
- Tracking is insanely useful on a PvP server
- Archery has its uses, being the only way to deal damage from ranged without pouring out your small mana pool
- Healing spells are important when solo PvPing or you'll be out of commission for 15 minutes after each fight, and it also lets the ranger solo for XP a bit if necessary

Cons:
- Lacks an edge in anything they can do. Lowish DPS, poor heals, no real debuffs, raw survivability is mediocre at best
- Not that many good ranger 2handers before Kunark. Highest is like 25dmg 52dly, making jousting against warriors and shadowknights with 30dmg weapons difficult
- Lacks crucial solo PvP tools like see invis
- No hard interrupt
- Heals are too small to use during a fight
- Very few really useful PvP spells - no feign death, no divine aura, no big heals, no nukes/dots worth the mana except maybe Call of Flame, barely any useful buffs besides SoW, DS and resist fire/endure cold
- No iwin button like the other hybrids
- No burst damage at all but tanks like a rogue

Bockscar
10-05-2011, 06:39 PM
Lame, rangers apparently don't get endure cold until the Velious patch that adds fear animal and other shit.

Knuckle
10-05-2011, 08:14 PM
rangers suck dick in classic. next.

Scribbles
10-05-2011, 10:58 PM
pros: ppl will think its interesting that u chose to roll hands down the worst class in the game

cons: everything else

fiegi
10-05-2011, 11:51 PM
rangers suck dick in classic. next.

georgie
10-06-2011, 01:58 PM
they get like riptose parry dodge double attack dual wield, but they dont max out as high as most classes. like under 150. while other classes will have 200. i guess the pro- is that rangers have every attack skill i believe. they will be good in grps when ppl start running just bow them down. tracking is zone wide i think once its maxed

georgie
10-06-2011, 02:00 PM
can anyone confirm if double attack works with a bow? im playing a monk on beta and i just threw a shuriken and did a double attack with it.

Harrison
10-06-2011, 02:03 PM
can anyone confirm if double attack works with a bow? im playing a monk on beta and i just threw a shuriken and did a double attack with it.

rofl

http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/photos/images/newsfeed/000/133/666/beeker-what-is-this-i-dont-even.gif?1307946170

georgie
10-06-2011, 02:17 PM
rofl

fell off my chair laughing omg

Bockscar
10-06-2011, 08:31 PM

Are you sure you weren't on drugs?

tbox
10-06-2011, 10:58 PM
Rangers are ok for solo PvP and pretty convenient to play if you don't run with a consistent crew. Everything they can do, several classes can do better. If you like running around outside looking for 1v1 fights, rangers are alright. They lack the raw power of most of the other classes and aren't really worth that much in group PvP except for tracking.

Pros:
- One of only three classes that can SoW
- Decent resist buffs - +40 fire and +20 cold self-buffed is solid for a melee class
- Moderate damage shield which gives an advantage against rogues/monks
- Tracking is insanely useful on a PvP server
- Archery has its uses, being the only way to deal damage from ranged without pouring out your small mana pool
- Healing spells are important when solo PvPing or you'll be out of commission for 15 minutes after each fight, and it also lets the ranger solo for XP a bit if necessary

Cons:
- Lacks an edge in anything they can do. Lowish DPS, poor heals, no real debuffs, raw survivability is mediocre at best
- Not that many good ranger 2handers before Kunark. Highest is like 25dmg 52dly, making jousting against warriors and shadowknights with 30dmg weapons difficult
- Lacks crucial solo PvP tools like see invis
- No hard interrupt
- Heals are too small to use during a fight
- Very few really useful PvP spells - no feign death, no divine aura, no big heals, no nukes/dots worth the mana except maybe Call of Flame, barely any useful buffs besides SoW, DS and resist fire/endure cold
- No iwin button like the other hybrids
- No burst damage at all but tanks like a rogue

Awesome response.

georgie
10-06-2011, 11:12 PM
i swear omg