PDA

View Full Version : spell particles problem

wacko
03-31-2010, 03:45 AM
Ok so is the thing, ive removed spellsnew.eff and edd from my everquest directory to get the old dope spell graphic particles but some of them are missing. For example, while casting a buff spell, there are no spell particles coming out of the caster's hands (and it is the same for any spells which have particles coming out of their hands on cast).
On live all i had to do to get the old graphics back was to delete 2 files in my EQ directory "newspells.eff" and "newspells.edd" and that did it, so idk if im doing something wrong, lemme know what u guys think!

Thanks to u if u can help me fix that!

Reuben ~

mitic
03-31-2010, 03:59 AM
same here with some of the bard spells (heal and resist songs)...there are no particles shown on those spells when deleting the 2 newspell-files. might be a problem with the .tga files?

could someone upload a ziped file with all working spell files (correct spellicons, bufficons and particle effects), one for classic and one for latest version?

FatMagic
03-31-2010, 08:21 AM
This is a known problem, but there is nothing we can do about it unfortunately (or so it seems) -- read Wenai's response on this thread

http://project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=153&highlight=Effects