PDA

View Full Version : Zombie Apocalypse

C5BAMF
10-03-2011, 06:44 PM
Begins tomorrow. You are forced to travel primarily by foot thousands of miles to a destination and it just so happens you have whatever weapon(s) you wanted to make the trip.

What are you carrying with you?

Harrison
10-03-2011, 06:58 PM
12-gauge
Water purification drops
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/219/intacu1ii6.jpg
^body armor
Steal, hunt, etc. for food along the way.

purest
10-03-2011, 06:58 PM
Flamethrower

Harrison
10-03-2011, 07:08 PM
Flamethrower just makes zombies come at you on fire.

Bad news

deathgirl
10-03-2011, 07:12 PM
i cover myself in old blood and guts and enjoy my peaceful stroll

purest
10-03-2011, 07:15 PM
Flamethrower just makes zombies come at you on fire.

i think it would be a great weapon against a crowd of zombies since they'd be less likely to outflank me if i could keep the flame stream moving in an arc as I back away, and then hightail it to a safer area.

Tommy_Wiseau
10-03-2011, 07:16 PM
12-gauge
Water purification drops
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/219/intacu1ii6.jpg
^body armor
Steal, hunt, etc. for food along the way.

This, plus: water filter
hennessee hammock + rope ladder so I can sleep well above any potential zombies
slingshot for taking out isolated zombies without drawing attention
whisperlite international (backpacking stove, takes most liquid fuels including unleaded, allows useful fire for food + water without leaving any sign you were around)
a few pounds of rice/oats in case of starvation
spice mix
boots thick enough for stomping zombie head

incidentally i own all of these things except combat boots

Diggles
10-03-2011, 07:24 PM
dude, im in a city with no roads and no way out or in without a boat or plane

im either completely safe from zombies or im fucked.

Harrison
10-03-2011, 07:25 PM
WTS spare combat boots, I have 3 pairs. $50

purest
10-03-2011, 07:27 PM
a 12-gauge pump action shotgun aimed at the head would be superb weapon especially if you plan to be on the move, but if zombie movies have taught us anything it's that you have to go find a nice fortified, elevated position. in that case i would take a rifle over a shotgun since that would be the best weapon there is for picking off zombies from a safe spot

Tommy_Wiseau
10-03-2011, 07:42 PM
^^^

I think the survivalism angle has never really been played in zombie movies. If we accept that zombies will generally be on the decline after a full winter, surviving in an isolated environment like the far north or Utah deserts for a couple of seasons could get you through the apocalypse more safely than attempting to survive on horded food for the same amount of time.

Pico
10-03-2011, 07:46 PM
selos drum of marching

Diggles
10-03-2011, 07:48 PM
movies have taught me Alaska never will have a zombie apocalypse apparantly.

Diggles
10-03-2011, 07:48 PM
also, yes to selos

swarm kite em. my voice is terrible enough to kill zombies.

Quizy
10-04-2011, 12:32 PM
ill take a navy seal trained hellicopter pilot who has a young sun he is training to replace himself one day.

This hellicopter will have a minigun.. I also have an oil rig off shore tat is zombie free that i turned into a man platform... we resue various hotties and other floosies and bring them out for the night...

some are keeepers and work in the kitchen and some become zombies... oh yeah we never run outta gas because i know how to work the oil platform, and i am also a pro helicopter mechanic.. we even have a garden on the top.

We also ave a stockade and tons of other weapons that my guy stole from hidden seal compounds around the globe...

life would be better there than it is here.. /sigh

Harrison
10-04-2011, 01:00 PM
Oil platforms aren't petroleum refineries. You can't process oil into gasoline straight out of the ground at the same facility that I know of.

guineapig
10-04-2011, 01:04 PM
Half-Zaitochi, cause after each kill I get full health. (Sorry too much TF2)

Doors
10-04-2011, 01:05 PM
I would survive this. Harrison however would not.

Fat people are always the first to turn. Zombies can catch them easier (if we're talking about 28 days later Kenyan speed zombies.)

pickled_heretic
10-04-2011, 01:10 PM
assuming that these are slow zombies who are attracted to loud noises and vulnerable to a headshot, i would use a suppressed 10/22. accurate, relatively quiet, no muzzle flash, and still capable of dropping a zombie with 1 shot. and of course the ammo weighs 1/10th that of a shotgun and given that i'll be travelling for miles it's going to make a big difference.

a runner-up would be a m1 carbine or mini-14 (suppressed, preferrably). don't think a shotgun of any sort is the ideal weapon in this environment.

if these are fast zombies, you're probably fucked out on the road anyway.

Quizy
10-04-2011, 01:28 PM
Oil platforms aren't petroleum refineries. You can't process oil into gasoline straight out of the ground at the same facility that I know of.

I have a mini petrolium refinery onboard... don't worry.. it doesnt have a ridiculousy high output per day but with this much free time on our hands i have been able to amass quite a bit.... i was stealing gas from different installations before getting my operation going.

pickled_heretic
10-04-2011, 01:33 PM
it would be an interesting thesis to explore why is there such a powerful unilateral desire for the zombie apocalypse (or similar apocalypse myths - rapture, 2012 etc).

Harrison
10-04-2011, 02:31 PM
I would survive this. Harrison however would not.

Fat people are always the first to turn. Zombies can catch them easier (if we're talking about 28 days later Kenyan speed zombies.)

You do realize that I am an amateur runner, right? I race 5-6 times a year and train regularly.

Fat joke fail #1032837

Anyways, between my training, experiences in life with survival situations, and general knowledge, I would bet any amount of money on my survival over that of yours any day of the week. Also, high-speed zombies are blasphemy.

Pico
10-04-2011, 03:05 PM
amateur runner that means u get filmed with a grainy camera and go limp all the time right? yea pretty sure you'd still get owned

Harrison
10-04-2011, 03:10 PM
No, it means I run but I don't make a living out of it and am not professional. I know the English language is tough for you, but seriously, get off my dick.

What I do for fun would likely make you vomit. I bet you huff and puff climbing stairs.

Pico
10-04-2011, 03:22 PM
No, it means I run but I don't make a living out of it and am not professional. I know the English language is tough for you, but seriously, get off my dick.

lol

What I do for fun would likely make you vomit.

i bet it would u perv

Harrison
10-04-2011, 04:02 PM
Plan:

Gather up friends who have likely survived, mount up, gather resources, and get to the nearby island with only one bridge to access it. This is of course hinging on the idea that zombies do not swim. As a result of having lost higher brain function to accomplish complicated movements and/or the idea to walk through water.

From there we pool resources again while on the island.
Then we fortify entry points to deter looters and gangs that will arise.
Forays out to find survivors and help from this point on, depending on number of survivors with us of course.
Survival, an entire island to farm on, call home. Zombie free.

I think in the event of this imaginary zombie apocalypse that gangs, thieves, looters, and generally just scumbags will be more dangerous than zombies themselves.

Diggles
10-04-2011, 04:07 PM
my plans would be live and let live, bros.

the only possible way i see my town surviving a zombie apocalypse if it actually reached our town is launching out on a barge or something because you can't leave this city on foot at all.

You could potentially live on the other side of Douglas, the winds and temps are so cold and fierce a zombie would have a hard time traversing it, but then that gets you hypothermia unless there are hunting cabins over there still.

Juneau itself has one highway that goes way out, about 30 miles north, you could hole up in Saint Theresa's Shrine, if you blocked off the small path from the cabins to the actual shrine zombies wont be able to climb up the steep shelf the shrine is on, plus the rocky ground thats out when the tide is low would probably kill most of them anyway.

pickled_heretic
10-05-2011, 12:22 PM
i'd imagine no swimming would be allowed, there's a possibility that zombies can walk on lakebed floors though.

Diggles
10-05-2011, 12:57 PM
Its oceanbed

Khurak
10-05-2011, 10:41 PM
AA12
In action http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOoUVeyaY_8
And many many clips...

Tommy_Wiseau
10-05-2011, 11:18 PM
lol totally unserviceable 30lb killing machine

real practical bro if this were an ARCADE GAME instead of a serious apocalypse

Diggles
10-05-2011, 11:55 PM
that gun weighs like 7 pounds

vinx
10-06-2011, 12:02 AM
Theres a few islands in the lakes of northern MN i thought might be good.
but i would think those would get pretty crowded right away, and continue to draw to much attention to em.
plus any supplies would run out pretty quick.

prolly more dangerous, but i would just keep stealing vehicles that had gas in em for transportation and stick to back country roads with less population.
work myself up thru canada to colder country
I believe like myself, any zombie would get bogged down by the weather or environment

im totally counting on them not clothing themselves or handling vehicles or building fires lol

vinx
10-09-2011, 02:01 AM
OR...
If i could have anything i wanted, then i would chose to be shacked up with Milla Jovovich and wouldnt want to travel thousands of miles.
For this scenerio i would implement...

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb398/Vexx99/Treadmiller02.jpg