PDA

View Full Version : Spells: aoe spells and grouping

jjgerman
09-29-2011, 02:53 AM
aoe stun's nukes, and such. Should they be allowed to hit group members?

Pudge
09-29-2011, 02:55 AM
i say... they shouldn't.

same for guild members

M.Bison
09-29-2011, 03:05 AM
They always did back in '99.

Softcore PK
09-29-2011, 05:08 AM
Yes, in a FFA setting (RZ) this is how it always worked. I loved AE spells as a purist on VZ, though :D

valithteezee
09-29-2011, 09:53 AM
I vote +1 for hitting group members.

jjgerman
09-29-2011, 10:38 AM
rallos zek was only +/- 4 levels. We are trying to make a server that is classic and not suck as bad as live did at the same time. "Because its classic" doesnt mean that its not still stupid.

Some things, very few. Should be looked at for a change. Tallon/vallon zek, had no team dmg on spells. Worked out just fine, that was classic pvp as well.

Mardur
09-29-2011, 11:18 AM
But this is not a teams server.

jjgerman
09-29-2011, 12:27 PM
instead of stating something obvious, why not post a useful reason why AOE spells hitting group members is a good thing? Using some line of logic other than "its classic", it's a cop out that a 1920's farmer that never went to a day in school would use. ...... whelp thats the way it always was...

stupid is stupid, and always will be stupid..... :cool:

Softcore PK
09-29-2011, 02:23 PM
One of my mage guildmates on Vallon was very fond of using AE nukes in mass pvp. This was high end, so we were all crossteamers. It took a lot more skill, luck and awareness to use AE spells in this setting. If your guild and group are immune, you could just spam those things without caring who all was around you. Not harming your allies is helpful for noobs, but it would end up being what everyone does, so the players that can actually do it without being too stupid are placed on the same level as the noobs. There were some very funny moments.

After a battle, he'd be like, "killed 4 of us, but got 7 of them! :D"

lol

jjgerman
09-29-2011, 03:14 PM
it would still harm mass crowds, just not your 6 man group. So enchanter aoe stun's and such would still have some amount of usefulness in pve.

------to reply to your nonsense made up stories----
As for people standing under your freinds aoe's i dont know how people were dieing to that. It's not like rain spells are hard to see, and were easily resisted. I'd say you were full of crap.(or everyone was just stupid).

After early kunark most people would resist aoe rain spells. Esp if it was so "high end", that everyone "had" to cross team. Other non rain aoe's were even easier to resist.........

Cross teaming was lame, and both tallon and vallon were garbage after that became the norm.

Softcore PK
09-29-2011, 03:30 PM
Regardless, your group being immune to AE still takes most of the skill out of using AE in pvp. AE classes have always been more limited in pve on pvp servers, but for good reason.

jjgerman
09-29-2011, 03:55 PM
no they havnt, if you didnt x team on tallon or vallon, aoe stuns were fine.

your obviously just talking out of your ass and making stuff up. what were u like 8 yrs old when u played on vallon zek? Go somewhere else and pretend like ur some legacy eq pvp'er lol.

hotstud
09-29-2011, 04:06 PM
instead of stating something obvious, why not post a useful reason why AOE spells hitting group members is a good thing?

Because it makes no sense that everyone can attack everyone but suddenly by hanging out with each other you are immune to each others spells? It goes against the lore.. yep.

Softcore PK
09-29-2011, 05:06 PM
no they havnt, if you didnt x team on tallon or vallon, aoe stuns were fine.

your obviously just talking out of your ass and making stuff up. what were u like 8 yrs old when u played on vallon zek? Go somewhere else and pretend like ur some legacy eq pvp'er lol.

Hey, calm down. This sort of communication does no one any good. I was actually elf purist until my high 50's btw, but the xteamers were the ones doing the raiding (exception for dark team).

There are many reasons to allow friendly fire, I've pointed some very good ones out here already. There's also the people who may want to catch their group off guard; forcing them to leave the group eliminates much of the surprise and chaos that players enjoyed in classic.