PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: No credit from kill if they die from DoT

mimixownzall
09-28-2011, 01:37 AM
Attacked this guy, my dot ticked and it said "Soandso died." I could not loot him and it didn't give me the slain message. No, he did not zone before he died from DoT.

Rogean
09-28-2011, 09:38 AM
Pretty sure this is intended as they did not fix dot credit until later in the game.

Can anyone confirm/deny.

Scribbles
09-28-2011, 06:56 PM
I think that falls squarely under the category of "things that may have been classic but of which there are literally no reasons why it should be that way on this server"

naez
09-28-2011, 07:01 PM
make sure you get the races drink/eat rates based on size right 1st before this

juicedsixfo
09-28-2011, 08:22 PM
Pretty sure this is intended as they did not fix dot credit until later in the game.

Can anyone confirm/deny.

from Blart's old Shaman PvP guide (http://www.notacult.com/guide_trollshaman.html)

"Getting the Kill
Sometimes if your dot kills the player, you can’t loot. But sometimes you can. I’ve found that if I have autoattack on while casting the DoT, and leave it on throughout the entire fight, I get the kill message and am able to loot when the DoT does the final blow. If the player zones with a DoT on him and the dot does the killing blow, you will not get the kill."

Pudge
09-28-2011, 09:45 PM
I think that falls squarely under the category of "things that may have been classic but of which there are literally no reasons why it should be that way on this server"

Galacticus
09-28-2011, 10:28 PM
The way it works sometimes is they will die from pain and suffering right before the dot ticks to kill them. I think if the dot takes exactly whatever life they have left then they will die from pain and suffering, but if the dot ticks over their hp you get credit.

Example: Your dot ticks for 20 damage, they have 20 life left, that puts them at 0 life, then you dont get credit. If they have 19 life, you do one more damage and get credit. Its that split second when you drop down unconcious, then pop up again.

Harrison
09-28-2011, 11:30 PM

mimixownzall
09-29-2011, 12:26 AM

Yeah, like the sword of runes would proc on any mob if an NPC held it (and it was that way for a long time), but that wasn't reverse engineered to be classic.

This is clearly something that is pretty retarded and doesn't effect gameplay at all (like the sword of runes thing would have). Why not just fix what sony took so long to?

Arillious
09-29-2011, 05:38 PM
This is definitely the way it worked on live.... but this is one deviation I'd support fixing.

Yukahwa
09-30-2011, 09:42 AM
It was kinda hit or miss on live and I support fixing it.

dusk883
09-30-2011, 11:40 AM
I played 2 chars on Tallon, an enchanter and necro. It seemed like forever before a DoT would count as a kill... you had to learn to Siphon at the right point in the pvp fight. Or have Jaboner finish the guy off.