PDA

View Full Version : Project 1999: Classic PvP

Rogean
09-24-2011, 07:08 PM
http://www.rogean.com/images/p99redlogo.png

Project 1999 PvP Server Information
As we come closer to the testing and release of a Project 1999 based PvP Server, it is about time we started posting some official information and details about the server. The following is information that has been decided upon so far.

Update 1 (Sunday Sep 25)
If beta does open tonight (AND I"M NOT SAYING IT WILL) there will probably be a 10 minute notice in the IRC Channel. Join it up if you are waiting. irc.eqemulator.net #red99

Era

Expansion
The PvP Server will be released with Classic only, with a max level of 50.

Legacy Items
Legacy items such as Manastone, Guise of the Deceiver, and etc will be dropping at the release of the server.

Timeline
The timeline for the PvP server will be slightly faster than the original EQLive and P99Live timelines, but will still be at the discretion of management when certain features will be unlocked.

Experience Gain
Experience speed/gain will be the same as it is on the main Project 1999 Server.

PvP Rulesets

The server will be FFA with a +/- 8 Level spread. This means a level 30 can engage in PvP with players level 22 to 38.

Dynamic Level Range
The server will be using a dynamic level range system. Any actions towards another player will increase your dynamic pvp range to match that player's spread. For example:
A level 30 player attacking a level 32 player will increase the range they can be attacked by from 22 to 40.
Anything outside the +/- 8 Levels does not mean you will be able to attack players outside that range. It will only mean you can be attacked by players within the new range. However, If a player outside your 'natural' spread decides to attack you, they will in return also have their own range changed in the same fashion, making them attackable by you.
This change is immediete. For a melee attack it will happen as soon as you swing at the other player. For any spells, the change will be immediete upon the start of a spell cast. This also applies to beneficial spells.

For more information, examples, and discussions related to the dynamic level system, see [thread that I need to create and link here lols].

Minimum Level
PvP will start at level 2. However, level 1s will be pvp enabled outside city zones.

Rules carried over from Project 1999

Boxing
The boxing rules will remain in effect. You may only be playing one character at a time on the PvP Server.

Can I play one character on each server at the same time?
Yes, You can have one character loaded on Project 1999 (Blue), and one character loaded on Project 1999 PvP at the same time. As long as you do not have more than one loaded on the same server.

Will IP Exemptions carry over?
I am working on a system that will allow the two servers to share the same account database, so that IP Exemptions and anything else account related will carry over.

Play Nice

Training will not be allowed and if caught will be harshly punished.

Kill stealing will not be an offense on the PvP Server, and may be used against other players even in situations where the players can not directly attack eachother. A higher level may chose to grief a lower level out of a camp, but be thankful he isn't able to kill you instead and move along.

Bind Camping will not be an offense on the PvP Server, however it will be frowned upon by the staff and in some situations may be intervened.

Inappropriate Language will not be allowed in public channels. We realize that tensions can rise between players and some may feel the need to express them, but we ask that you restrain yourselves from using public channels. The following channels are considered public: Say, OOC, Shout, Auction. Players will receive warnings and subsequent suspensions for violations. If a player is being rude to you in tells you are to ignore the player, we will not act on inappropriate tells.

Raid Rules
There will be no raid rules. We will not be enforcing any first to engage or claim rights. Raids are to resolve their disputes via communication and/or PvP. Kill stealing is allowed.

Ninja Looting
In a situation where a corpse is waiting to be unlocked for a player to loot the corpse with the permission of the player who was merited the kill, it will be against the rules for any other player to loot that corpse without permission. This is to prevent players outside a PvP level range from ninja looting. If the corpse is otherwise abandoned (if a group or raid is wiped out in the process of slaying the mob(s)), the corpse is open to be looted by anyone when possible.

PvP Penalties

XP Loss
There will be a reduced unrezzable experience loss for every PvP Death. (You may still be revived back to your corpse, but it will have an 8 minute timer.)

Coin Loot
Coin loot will be in place.

Item Loot
Item loot will currently not be in place, however this may be subject to change as we consider alternative item loot mechanics.

PvP Deaths
Upon a PvP Death you will respawn with no mana and half health. You will have an effect on you called "PvP Death Effects". This buff is beneficial and may be clicked off at any time, however it is in place to prevent further XP Loss from PvP Deaths. This buff will remain on until any of the following conditions are triggered:

You make any aggressive action towards another player.
You cast a Heal or Buff on another player.
You loot any corpse.
You remove any item from your bank.

Beta Information

Beta may begin either Sunday (Sep 25) or some time the weekend after.

Character Copies
We will be allowing character copies from the Live (Blue) server to the PvP Beta Server.
The server will be capped at level 60 to accommodate those copying over, however none of the Kunark zones will be open.

Experience Gain
The EXP Gain on the Beta server will be increased 10x (1000%).

Level Bumps
We will not have any level bumps initially as we want all levels to help test, but over time we may introduce an NPC to help players along.

Boxing
Boxing is allowed on the Beta Server.

Beta Duration
Beta will last several weeks at minimum, and ultimately as long as we feel is necessary.

Tells
To send a tell from Live to Beta, you may use:
/tell pvp.charname message
TO send a tell from Beta to Live, you may use:
/tell live.charname message
These will remain in place and the same when the real server launches.

Test Areas
What needs to be tested:

Dynamic PvP Flagging System.
PvP Combat Mechanics
Resist System

Currently not functioning

Legacy Drops
Level 1 City Protections
City Guard Faction Protection

Please report all findings in the PvP Bug Forums.

Salty
09-24-2011, 07:09 PM
<+Salty> RED99 NEWS
<@Rogean> http://www.project1999.org/index.php
<@Rogean> Jesus Salty
<@Rogean> Stop F5'ing so much
<@Littlegyno> O GOD
<@Littlegyno> O GOD
<@Littlegyno> O GOD
<+Salty> omg
<@Littlegyno> O GOD
<@Littlegyno> O GOD

http://poopspant.com/fresh/pvp-drafty.png

Feces
09-24-2011, 07:13 PM
i just came.

JerSar
09-24-2011, 07:13 PM
Woohoo!
http://www.wudanguild.com/pics/wudanpvp.jpg

Zeelot
09-24-2011, 07:15 PM
Awesome Rogean. Can't wait!

Greenkrak
09-24-2011, 07:16 PM
yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

purest
09-24-2011, 07:17 PM
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg9/Beatle619/JackSaysYes.gif

Knuckle
09-24-2011, 07:19 PM
Let me be the first to say that everything you just posted is PERFECT for a pvp server. I do have a boner right now, but im ignoring the decreased blood flow to my brain and focusing on the fact that you can't curse in public channels and that you only have an 8 minute timer on corpse deaths in pvp. thats a bit of extra grief right there eh? I mean what if you die in plane of fear from pvp and theres roaming mobs and shit? Not a big deal, don't plan on eating a lot of yellow text(omg will there be some zonewide yt at least?).

Good shit.

Greenkrak
09-24-2011, 07:21 PM
Rollin a wiz on p99 now seemed like the best fuckin idea i ever had :cool:

Koota
09-24-2011, 07:22 PM
A CHALLENGER HAS APPEARED.

<----------------- pistol monkey

engelbert
09-24-2011, 07:23 PM
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/4/6/dfbfb4be-90db-4033-9bc0-6ab59a28d8db.jpg

Bockscar
09-24-2011, 07:25 PM
Looks good. I hope the absence of itemloot stays, and I'm glad the devs listened to reason and the majority.

Several weeks of beta sounds rough, we were hoping for a few days at most. Sounds like beta gameplay will be largely pointless and not much fun can be had while we wait since people can transfer their level 60s with Kunark gear while those without blue chars can't. It'll be fine for testing, but that's a long wait when no real PvP can be had to make beta testing for weeks interesting. Here's hoping it turns out they don't need that long. Also consider not letting Kunark items transfer, there's really no point.

XP loss on PvP death is fine, especially since there's a system to prevent extreme abuse. We had XP loss on Sullon Zek and it was really not a big deal at all with the reduced loss from PvP deaths, and it mostly went completely unnoticed. Assuming it's half of a PvE death or less, it won't wreck PvP in any way. I would consider a blanket +20% XP bonus, however, to compensate for both the regular loss in PvP and the fact that leveling in a PvP environment is simply harder.

For the dynamic level range, I would recommend that it be made to apply only to attacks, heals and detrimental spells. It would be annoying if you can't even ask that level 30 druid for a SoW or port because he'll get killed (with XP loss, too?) by the next level 50 that sees him. Nobody runs around deliberately OOR-buffing people for mad benefits. Healing was always the actual problem.

Kraz
09-24-2011, 07:28 PM
Do not allow zone plugging! I have missed way to many kills because of that shizz. And also put in a NPC with gear because its not fun to fight naked, and no one wants to camp shit on beta when people are already geared that takes wayyy to much time, and will not help you test anything with pvp. you need to gear the noobs with the same gear that is being transferd you dont have to level them up but deff gear them out.

canardvc
09-24-2011, 07:34 PM
Fine let's get this done

valithteezee
HOLY MOLY SHIT BALLS

Yukahwa
I'm excited for pvp but really disappointed at this ruleset. It is a good ruleset for beta though because I'll be transfering over my PVE geared toon : P

Aenor
09-24-2011, 07:35 PM
<3 Rogean

valithteezee
09-24-2011, 07:38 PM
This is the biggest news since jesus was born!!

Yukahwa
09-24-2011, 07:38 PM
So how do we have our blue characters transfered for beta experimentation?

Smedy
09-24-2011, 07:42 PM
IM HERE BROS, PRAISE ROGEAN AND HIS MINIONS!

Goraxx
09-24-2011, 07:48 PM
Just before I go on holiday too. OMG!

Praise emperor Rogean!

Pfap
09-24-2011, 07:48 PM
http://i52.tinypic.com/ru0hls.jpg

Enjoy staring at this for six months lol

More like 6~ days *cross fingers*

I may just have won the game.

SaveTheSack
09-24-2011, 07:49 PM
I would consider a blanket +20% XP bonus, however, to compensate for both the regular loss in PvP and the fact that leveling in a PvP environment is simply harder.

For the dynamic level range, I would recommend that it be made to apply only to attacks, heals and detrimental spells. It would be annoying if you can't even ask that level 30 druid for a SoW or port because he'll get killed (with XP loss, too?) by the next level 50 that sees him. Nobody runs around deliberately OOR-buffing people for mad benefits. Healing was always the actual problem.

What this guy said.

Smedy
09-24-2011, 07:53 PM
The exp will be fine, the harder the better imo, it's best for the server in the long run.

Trust me, from being on vz/tz for 3,5 years, you don't want faster exp. It fucks the game up completely.

Wonton
09-24-2011, 07:53 PM
CHRISTMAS IS HERE! CHRISTMAS IS HERE!

edit: suggestion to red99 beta would to add server wide ooc

Palemoon
09-24-2011, 08:00 PM
Everything looks very good, almost exactly what I hoped would happen.

Only things I dont like is the boxing allowed during beta and the length of beta. Not pleased with the lvl 60 transfering over, its just gonna be a lot of throw away griefing that could turn a lot of players off (or outright sabataegue by the blue players with no goal in mind but to bind camp and grief as much as they can in hopes of driving the curious away permanently from red).

Dont listen to anyone that says "give it a sullonzek xp bonus", the slower the better imo.

C5BAMF
09-24-2011, 08:05 PM
http://www.hotmommagossip.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/ghostbusters_19841.jpg

Hobby
09-24-2011, 08:16 PM
Pretty damn exciting

Lawler
09-24-2011, 08:19 PM
Will the characters be transferring with their gear? Hopefully not, otherwise will just have a bunch of low level twinks to fight against.

hdawg06
09-24-2011, 08:23 PM
No training and the level spread is really lame. This server will be dead in a few months after release.

Pudge
09-24-2011, 08:29 PM
http://www.rogean.com/images/p99redlogo.png

Project 1999 PvP Server Information
Timeline
The timeline for the PvP server will be slightly faster than the original EQLive and P99Live timelines, but will still be at the discretion of management when certain features will be unlocked.

-I would prefer it take at least as long as Live till kunark is released. many ppl regard classic as the best era ever. also, longer era-times mean guilds who weren't the 1st to raid fear will be able to catch up, as vets lose interest in being online 24/7 after they're totally geared out.

PvP Rulesets

The server will be FFA with a +/- 8 Level spread. This means a level 30 can engage in PvP with players level 22 to 38.

Minimum Level
PvP will start at level 2. However, level 1s will be pvp enabled outside city zones.

-please also make "FFA raid zones" where everyone can be attacked as well!

Rules carried over from Project 1999

Will IP Exemptions carry over?
I am working on a system that will allow the two servers to share the same account database, so that IP Exemptions and anything else account related will carry over.

-please make these exemptions PUBLIC so that the community can help police this. They can point out to GMs when they see someone acting like they're boxing. And from another thread:

"in addition, if rogean required anyone with an exemption to link their cell phones (both players) to the accounts, it would make getting an exemption more legit. could even send random sms questions every once in awhile and require an answer ("what mob did you just kill? reply back with its name. if you do not answer within 3 minutes you will be disconnected..." questions like "what zone are you in?" "how many groupmembers do you have right now?" etc.

i know this would prob. never be implemented but just a thought. even your wife wouldn't want to get these random messages to her phone, and then have to call your nerdy ass to get the correct answer so she could reply back to rogean's Big Brother command center"

Play Nice

Ninja Looting
In a situation where a corpse is waiting to be unlocked for a player to loot the corpse with the permission of the player who was merited the kill, it will be against the rules for any other player to loot that corpse without permission. This is to prevent players outside a PvP level range from ninja looting. If the corpse is otherwise abandoned (if a group or raid is wiped out in the process of slaying the mob(s)), the corpse is open to be looted by anyone when possible.

-meh. rather it be allowed.. ninja looting is classic and fun. (i hope in-range/level 42+ ninja looting is still definitely OK). this wouldn't happen anyway if there are "FFA raid zones" where out-of-range ppl can be attacked.

PvP Penalties

XP Loss
There will be a reduced unrezzable experience loss for every PvP Death. (You may still be revived back to your corpse, but it will have an 8 minute timer.)

Coin Loot
Coin loot will be in place.

Item Loot
Item loot will currently not be in place, however this may be subject to change as we consider alternative item loot mechanics.

-Totally agree with all of this. Please keep it this way!

PvP Deaths
Upon a PvP Death you will respawn with no mana and half health. You will have an effect on you called "PvP Death Effects". This buff is beneficial and may be clicked off at any time, however it is in place to prevent further XP Loss from PvP Deaths. This buff will remain on until any of the following conditions are triggered:

You make any aggressive action towards another player.
You cast a Heal or Buff on another player.
You loot any corpse.
You remove any item from your bank.

-ALSO: please make it so that NO BUFFS CAN LAND ON YOU WHILE YOU HAVE THESE EFFECTS ON. (have to click it off to get buffs) Otherwise it will be too easy for a guild to get wiped in pvp, buff the entire guild up, and and continue to bind rush naked, with sow/selos/etc, just to prevent the other team from slaying the dragon. make ppl slowly and weakly walk to their corpse if they are already going to avoid exp death. As it stands, with no exp loss, this buff really doesn't deter bind rushing at all, which is the ONLY reason to have exp death imo.

at least please make ppl recieve exp death every time if they are 49+ (or 59+ after kunark) regardless of whether or not they just died in pvp.

-----------------------

Finally,
I realize i'm being really nit-picky, especially considering that i am VERY HAPPY with the overall rule set you guys chose to go with :) Just trying to add my opinion of what could help

also pls consider for beta, no one will be making level 1 rogue spys to drag corpses or sit with the enemy on the other side of a contested zoneline for raid pvp...it's just beta, so ppl will be more interested in fucking around than any strategic pvp. so problems like this will not be fleshed out in a beta for you to see for yourself before the server goes live.

Smedy
09-24-2011, 08:31 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FyCi7_Y8qxA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

about fucking time sons, bodies are ready

Tajin
09-24-2011, 08:35 PM
Server willl fail w/o item loot... enable asap plz

Crenshinabon
09-24-2011, 08:37 PM
No training and the level spread is really lame. This server will be dead in a few months after release.

lol because of no training? You are delusional.

I love the slow xp. Will not be as much naked traiing if they lose 2 hours of xp every time.

Pudge
09-24-2011, 08:39 PM
Looks good. I hope the absence of itemloot stays, and I'm glad the devs listened to reason and the majority.

Several weeks of beta sounds rough, we were hoping for a few days at most. Sounds like beta gameplay will be largely pointless and not much fun can be had while we wait since people can transfer their level 60s with Kunark gear while those without blue chars can't. It'll be fine for testing, but that's a long wait when no real PvP can be had to make beta testing for weeks interesting. Here's hoping it turns out they don't need that long. Also consider not letting Kunark items transfer, there's really no point.

XP loss on PvP death is fine, especially since there's a system to prevent extreme abuse. We had XP loss on Sullon Zek and it was really not a big deal at all with the reduced loss from PvP deaths, and it mostly went completely unnoticed. Assuming it's half of a PvE death or less, it won't wreck PvP in any way. I would consider a blanket +20% XP bonus, however, to compensate for both the regular loss in PvP and the fact that leveling in a PvP environment is simply harder.

should be all buffs. getting a sow is getting a big advantage in pvp. if you're going to help a level 50 on a pvp server.. you should be able to get attacked by his enemies.

although i can see random ppl asking low levels for buffs, then having their friends (guilded on not) attack............................................ ........

Graym
09-24-2011, 08:46 PM
Can we make this PVP server more like how PVP was on the live servers and not turn it into the unskilled bluefest that VZTZ was?

Implement melee push or increase melee interrupt rates to compensate for the lack of push?

Keep Magic Resist like live so at 100 MR you resist almost every MR spell instead of the cast root /autoattack bullshit from VZTZ? Can we actually try to promote skill in pvp instead of who has been on the server the longest and has the most magic resist?

Please? There were barely any good players on VZTZ at all and it was because of the rule changes making pvp retarded, it would be nice to have a server that actually retains skilled players with a good pvp system like we had on Live servers.

Pudge
09-24-2011, 08:49 PM
Let me be the first to say that everything you just posted is PERFECT for a pvp server. I do have a boner right now, but im ignoring the decreased blood flow to my brain and focusing on the fact that you can't curse in public channels and that you only have an 8 minute timer on corpse deaths in pvp. thats a bit of extra grief right there eh? I mean what if you die in plane of fear from pvp and theres roaming mobs and shit? Not a big deal, don't plan on eating a lot of yellow text(omg will there be some zonewide yt at least?).

Good shit.

knuck im pretty sure he means that if you die to pvp, you can't get resed for 8 minutes. something to prevent battle-resing back into pvp i guess. (if this is the reasoning, the timer is really too short imo. would bump it up to 20 mins). after the 8 minute timer is up, you can get resed but will not get any exp back

Bockscar
09-24-2011, 08:56 PM
Can we make this PVP server more like how PVP was on the live servers and not turn it into the unskilled bluefest that VZTZ was?

Implement melee push or increase melee interrupt rates to compensate for the lack of push?

Keep Magic Resist like live so at 100 MR you resist almost every MR spell instead of the cast root /autoattack bullshit from VZTZ? Can we actually try to promote skill in pvp instead of who has been on the server the longest and has the most magic resist?

Please? There were barely any good players on VZTZ at all and it was because of the rule changes making pvp retarded, it would be nice to have a server that actually retains skilled players with a good pvp system like we had on Live servers.

Why not just wait and see how it turns out when beta opens, then provide relevant feedback?

Pudge
09-24-2011, 08:57 PM

= good

= tears

Haul
09-24-2011, 09:39 PM
The exp will be fine, the harder the better imo, it's best for the server in the long run.

Trust me, from being on vz/tz for 3,5 years, you don't want faster exp. It fucks the game up completely.

This.

Rogean
09-24-2011, 09:45 PM
knuck im pretty sure he means that if you die to pvp, you can't get resed for 8 minutes. something to prevent battle-resing back into pvp i guess. (if this is the reasoning, the timer is really too short imo. would bump it up to 20 mins). after the 8 minute timer is up, you can get resed but will not get any exp back

Negative. This is a classic mechanic. PvP Deaths only result in an 8 minute rezzable corpse.

C5BAMF
09-24-2011, 10:12 PM
-I would prefer it take at least as long as Live till kunark is released. many ppl regard classic as the best era ever. also, longer era-times mean guilds who weren't the 1st to raid fear will be able to catch up, as vets lose interest in being online 24/7 after they're totally geared out.

I totally agree with this.

Palemoon
09-24-2011, 10:20 PM
Negative. This is a classic mechanic. PvP Deaths only result in an 8 minute rezzable corpse.

Strange, I just killed one of my toons in an Arena on Al'kabor and its telling me I have 30 mins to rez it (and 7 days until it decays).

Guess they changed it between 1999 and 2002.

Drieddead
09-24-2011, 10:24 PM
A couple questions

Will a seperate install of titanium be required to play or can we just use the emu patcher with the same installation for both red and blue servers?

When will the beta be opened?

valithteezee
09-24-2011, 10:24 PM
I know it's not classic but I think a leaderboard would be fun for bragging rights. Either in-game or outside of game would work.

Lumathix
09-24-2011, 10:25 PM
Hell to the No, talk about a server full of douchebags!

Pudge
09-24-2011, 10:27 PM

ah. hrm.. so the exact opposite! better get battle rezed, or you're taking the long route to your corpse.

i like it

Vile
09-24-2011, 10:59 PM
Hah.. that should be interesting..

Humerox
09-24-2011, 11:29 PM
Satisfied with the outcome...thanks for all the work!

Looking forward to testing!

:D

Evoken
09-24-2011, 11:44 PM
Praise Rogean Jesus

Tommy_Wiseau
09-24-2011, 11:50 PM
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg9/Beatle619/JackSaysYes.gif

Lazortag
09-25-2011, 12:40 AM

When I read comments like this it makes me even more sure that the correct ruleset was chosen.

Evoken
09-25-2011, 12:48 AM
My penis is way more hard for this than for D3 beta or Dota2 beta. But wtf does Sunday the 25th OR the weekend after mean? Can't you just tell us!?! I'd think you'd know by now if it's really going to be ready tomorrow.

Convict
09-25-2011, 01:34 AM

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lkl62t13Ek1qaub2ho1_500.gif

Bockscar
09-25-2011, 01:42 AM
Might wanna increase skillgains by x10 for the beta or it'll be impossible to keep those up and we don't want people to waste time working on skills when they could be testing shit.

vinx
09-25-2011, 01:52 AM
My penis is way more hard for this than for D3 beta or Dota2 beta. But wtf does Sunday the 25th OR the weekend after mean? Can't you just tell us!?! I'd think you'd know by now if it's really going to be ready tomorrow.
Anoybody wanna take bets that it will open on the P99 anniversary?
Oct 10th iirc

vinx
09-25-2011, 01:54 AM
Awesome job you guys have done rogean/nilbog and Co.!~

BIG THANKS!

tmoneynegro
09-25-2011, 03:12 AM
The "no training" thing is going to be a problem. If I got 8 gaylords chasing me in a dungeon and I'm about to die, I'm running straight into a pile of red con mobs. Since I didn't force them to follow me, I didn't actually train them but one of the people in their group will always end up aggroing then petitioning.

juicedsixfo
09-25-2011, 03:25 AM
The "no training" thing is going to be a problem. If I got 8 gaylords chasing me in a dungeon and I'm about to die, I'm running straight into a pile of red con mobs. Since I didn't force them to follow me, I didn't actually train them but one of the people in their group will always end up aggroing then petitioning.

Relax negro, GM's will be able to use their discretion and check logs.

mitic
09-25-2011, 04:31 AM
i see lots of feign classes crying on this thread

Prahadigm24
09-25-2011, 05:17 AM
Ruleset is almost perfect. Only two things:

1. You say PvP deaths will lead to a "reduced" xp loss. Guess that's fine, as long as the reduction is large enough (like 1/2 or 1/3 of regular xp loss).

2. Level 1 characters are protected in cities, that's great. However, as a level 50 character I won't be safe in cities, not even at the bank? Unless there are some high level NPC guards around (and maybe even then), that sounds like a lot of potential for griefing. Just get some people together and gank those guys who just picked up some plat at the bank. You can blind or fear them and they won't be able to return the plat to the banker.

Regarding the dynamic level range, that sounds great as well. How long will it last? E.g. as a level 20 I cast a buff on a level 30 player. For how long will the level 38 players be able to attack me?

Pudge
09-25-2011, 09:46 AM

this is not a train, though ppl will accuse of it.

the simple solution is if the GM didn't witness it, or you dont have fraps, then... tough luck. gms need to actually see what happened. pretty simple.

jilena
09-25-2011, 11:05 AM
I think people will accuse of training/cheating every time they lose a fight. Let's be realistic here. Like the other poster said, if I have a bunch of dudes chasing me, especially on a monk, SK, or necro I am totally running into the middle of a bunch of mobs to FD. Most players would chase, and then when I FD'ed be like WTF YOU TRAINEDED ME. Even though I legitimately did not. I think this will be a major source of headaches.

I like the ruleset as a whole. My only concern would be with the training and the dynamic level range system. Would it be possible to change it so that a lower level player can attack a higher level player that is outside of their level range? It sounds like right now a lower level player can change their range by buffing/healing a higher level character and THEN attack someone higher. This excludes people without beneficial spells (or clickies) from participating outside of range (i.e. a 40 wanting to join into a level 50 fight) and as the mechanic would allow some classes to do this by buffing then fighting, why not just allow them to attack straight up and not have to go about it in some weird way?

Pescador
09-25-2011, 11:07 AM
If someone is caught cheating on Red99, I hope the ban will carry over to P99 blue as well

Rushmore
09-25-2011, 11:34 AM
If someone is caught cheating on Red99, I hope the ban will carry over to P99 blue as well

THIS! SO we don't have blue's trying to mess it up for reds. And Vice Versa.

Palemoon
09-25-2011, 11:34 AM

Very good point, I would assume so. A confirmation would be nice.

And I do hope there is zero toleration for cheating and all associated accounts with that IP/user are deleted.

RE: trains

The "real" problem with trains on red servers involves the raiding game. Sullon Zek was just totally destroyed as a server because of constant training of the other teams raids. Even if they only enforce training vs. raids, i'd be happy.

Coriolis
09-25-2011, 11:46 AM
I like the ruleset as a whole. My only concern would be with the training and the dynamic level range system. Would it be possible to change it so that a lower level player can attack a higher level player that is outside of their level range? It sounds like right now a lower level player can change their range by buffing/healing a higher level character and THEN attack someone higher. This excludes people without beneficial spells (or clickies) from participating outside of range (i.e. a 40 wanting to join into a level 50 fight) and as the mechanic would allow some classes to do this by buffing then fighting, why not just allow them to attack straight up and not have to go about it in some weird way?

Not quite... The dynamic range system states that if you buff/heal a higher level player you have become ATTACKABLE in that range, not able to attack. I believe Rogean mentioned something about flagged orange or some intermediate name color indicating that you can attack that player but that player cannot attack you until obviously you swing at them (or start casting an offensive spell). At least this is what I took away from it.

pewpeat
09-25-2011, 12:04 PM
Why are we beta testing kunark? testing with kunark gear is gonna really destroy any chance of melee being balanced in classic IMO.

I know its not a democratic system here but if there was a slot to vote I would put the check mark by [x] NO CHARACTER TRANSFERS

Palemoon
09-25-2011, 12:07 PM
Yeah just not getting the need to transfer toons when the xp is 1000x faster then normal. Please rethink this and forget about transfers, which will just bring lvl 12 twinks with cloaks of flame, fungi tunics etc. to grief the "new to p99" people into the ground with.

Yukahwa
09-25-2011, 12:22 PM
2. Level 1 characters are protected in cities, that's great. However, as a level 50 character I won't be safe in cities, not even at the bank? Unless there are some high level NPC guards around (and maybe even then), that sounds like a lot of potential for griefing. Just get some people together and gank those guys who just picked up some plat at the bank. You can blind or fear them and they won't be able to return the plat to the banker.

You should probably just delete this post dude.

You do transactions in front of the banker and put the money away ASAP..its pretty simple. Gfay is trading area because darkies can bank from outside bank window and because faction is easy to raise on orcs.

Palemoon
09-25-2011, 12:26 PM
I wonder how pickpocket will work out, espcialy in cities.

Will pickpocket have the same level ranges as regular pvp?

mimixownzall
09-25-2011, 12:41 PM
The "real" problem with trains on red servers involves the raiding game. Sullon Zek was just totally destroyed as a server because of constant training of the other teams raids. Even if they only enforce training vs. raids, i'd be happy.

Clearly you didn't play on SZ. It might have destroyed it for you, but it did not destroy the server as a whole.

C5BAMF
09-25-2011, 12:48 PM
Yeah just not getting the need to transfer toons when the xp is 1000x faster then normal. Please rethink this and forget about transfers, which will just bring lvl 12 twinks with cloaks of flame, fungi tunics etc. to grief the "new to p99" people into the ground with.

A very good point.

mimixownzall
09-25-2011, 12:56 PM
Yeah just not getting the need to transfer toons when the xp is 1000x faster then normal. Please rethink this and forget about transfers, which will just bring lvl 12 twinks with cloaks of flame, fungi tunics etc. to grief the "new to p99" people into the ground with.\

You do realize that this is JUST beta, right? If you don't like this, then wait till beta has ended and the server launches with everyone being level 1.

pewpeat
09-25-2011, 01:02 PM
\

You do realize that this is JUST beta, right? If you don't like this, then wait till beta has ended and the server launches with everyone being level 1.

you do realize this is to test a pvp server that wont even have lvl 60 right? If you want to pvp on your lvl 60 go to the arena. lets get a legit beta.

C5BAMF
09-25-2011, 01:14 PM
\

It's hard to legitimately test the features of pvp with equipment imbalances.

Rais
09-25-2011, 01:38 PM
Like equipment imbalances won't happen ever after beta? Having level 50s+ go at it won't effect anyone who is lvl 1 starting new.

You can tell the problems in pvp still with lvl 60s vs lvl 60s. There are still wizards, shadow knights and every other class.

I do agree though on this point. Having level 1s being copied over with Cloak of Flames and other items will screw things up. Make it so a copy is at a random save point to avoid a influx of these items.

Khurak
09-25-2011, 02:04 PM
I already have one to play with my sons (and i do from time to time).
It may be a source of additional work for the staff but i strongly recommend you do NOT transfer any IP exemption.

P99 was sadly tainted by all sorts of 2 boxers and cheaters.

You have a unique opportunity to have a clean slate, please keep it clean for R99 launch, please.

Looking forward to beat and live.

Thanks,

Sorath
09-25-2011, 02:20 PM
Body is Ready for gazel hunting...http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c273/Style888/killnoobsscr.jpg

Asher
09-25-2011, 02:58 PM
You should probably just delete this post dude.

You do transactions in front of the banker and put the money away ASAP..its pretty simple. Gfay is trading area because darkies can bank from outside bank window and because faction is easy to raise on orcs.

Banker faction doesn't go up when you kill orcs. I leveled my iksar monk up off CB in 2000. I could go almost everywhere in Kelethin except near guildmasters and the banker. I had to FD/sneak bank.

Pudge
09-25-2011, 03:46 PM
I already have one to play with my sons (and i do from time to time).
It may be a source of additional work for the staff but i strongly recommend you do NOT transfer any IP exemption.

P99 was sadly tainted by all sorts of 2 boxers and cheaters.

You have a unique opportunity to have a clean slate, please keep it clean for R99 launch, please.

Looking forward to beat and live.

Thanks,

agree

Pudge
09-25-2011, 03:47 PM
also my brother had a good point about letting ppl transfer their toons to beta - it can be a great introduction for blue players to just pop their char over to a pvp server and see how fun it can be

Pudge
09-25-2011, 03:52 PM
resists will probably need to be tweaked over time though. imo resists should be tweaked with each expansion. or at least when Velious comes out, because in velious everyone will have a million resists, making spells basically worthless

vinx
09-25-2011, 04:14 PM
This is not training..

This is 8 gaylords not aware of their environment or a controllable situation
eg, just dont follow him duh

alot of players in a unwinnable situation such as this will suicide into mobs or FD classes will use mobs as a human sheild so to speak

If the FD class lives and brings those mobs back = train
the suicide runs are usually used to take out as many as you can, so its sorta a reverse train..but for noobs
not an intentional train

vinx
09-25-2011, 04:21 PM
its not fair.. but its beta

think about this, would you rather:
* farm a weapon (2 for those that duel weild) for the handful of melees on a beta or...
* farm and craft resists for multiple slots for everyone on the beta server?

get resists working and worry about damage tables later..

strosz
09-25-2011, 05:10 PM
Awesome to see progress on the Red server. EverQuest on a PvP-server always felt like the most true experience to me. Although I'd really like to see item loot implemented since I played on Rallos Zek on live.

Item loot is in my opinion what makes the game exciting, and what made EQ unique. The feeling that you're never secure when not around friends, and that you might at any moment catch a player with some nice equipment off-guard is incredibly rewarding.

I only got to lvl 31 on RZ live, since I chose to play a Half-elf warrior - but despite that it was the most fun I've ever had with a game. I guess many are hesitant towards item loot since they've never tried it, but a PvP server without it is not really worth it over the regular blue p1999 in my opinion.

Haul
09-25-2011, 05:45 PM
resists will probably need to be tweaked over time though. imo resists should be tweaked with each expansion. or at least when Velious comes out, because in velious everyone will have a million resists, making spells basically worthless

This, and ready for red99 woot.

Haul
09-25-2011, 05:46 PM
Awesome to see progress on the Red server. EverQuest on a PvP-server always felt like the most true experience to me. Although I'd really like to see item loot implemented since I played on Rallos Zek on live.

Item loot is in my opinion what makes the game exciting, and what made EQ unique. The feeling that you're never secure when not around friends, and that you might at any moment catch a player with some nice equipment off-guard is incredibly rewarding.

I only got to lvl 31 on RZ live, since I chose to play a Half-elf warrior - but despite that it was the most fun I've ever had with a game. I guess many are hesitant towards item loot since they've never tried it, but a PvP server without it is not really worth it over the regular blue p1999 in my opinion.

And this.

valithteezee
09-25-2011, 05:59 PM
F5, F5, F5, F5, F5, F5, F5...

Crenshinabon
09-25-2011, 06:18 PM
2 boxing is a lot more apparent on a pvp server where you have to use it against other players. It should not be as big of a problem I would think. Especially with Rogeans banhammer waving around in the air.

vinx
09-25-2011, 06:18 PM
a PvP server without it is not really worth it over the regular blue p1999 in my opinion.
because /gems is FUN!

Tommy_Wiseau
09-25-2011, 07:22 PM
big rogean wants to test pvp at all levels

thus character transfers

yall are dumb.

Silikten
09-25-2011, 07:24 PM
you do realize this is to test a pvp server that wont even have lvl 60 right? If you want to pvp on your lvl 60 go to the arena. lets get a legit beta.

Kunark will be in the future. Sooooo it will eventually be level 60...awkward..

Kelsar
09-25-2011, 07:30 PM
I have to disagree with a transfer from b99 to r99.
If you're going to evaluate metrics and balance, compare Old World to Old world content only; items, spells, spawn times, camps, etc.. at 1,000% EXP bonus, give it a week for all of your metrics and start a separate stage of beta for Kunark to Kunark content. Specifically, Epics, and Temple of Veeshan shit. I kind of fear monk overstacked haste will be the POWA.

C5BAMF
09-25-2011, 07:43 PM
Perhaps the transfer is specifically geared towards max level characters to balance, while allowing blues to introduce themselves to a red server from an established standpoint.
Ride it out and see what Rogean has in mind.

Rogean
09-25-2011, 07:49 PM
We have decided to open the beta server without beta copies to start with. We will still be allowing them later on in the testing period. Experience will still be 1000% and may be increased further if we need to.

Still not sure on when beta will open, I got dragged to a family event today.

Rogean
09-25-2011, 07:51 PM
If beta does open tonight (AND I"M NOT SAYING IT WILL) there will probably be a 10 minute notice in the IRC Channel. Join it up if you are waiting. irc.eqemulator.net #red99

Jimmybones
09-25-2011, 07:52 PM
We have decided to open the beta server without beta copies to start with. We will still be allowing them later on in the testing period. Experience will still be 1000% and may be increased further if we need to.

Still not sure on when beta will open, I got dragged to a family event today.

Running out of Viagra over here. Can only stay hard for so long High Priest.

Jimmybones
09-25-2011, 07:53 PM

Confirmed: Dick hard again

Rogean
09-25-2011, 07:54 PM
If you want a name on the beta server, you better go reserve it now on the blue server. Names in use on blue will only be creatable by the account owner

Amuk
09-25-2011, 07:57 PM
good call sir

bamzal
09-25-2011, 08:03 PM
yeaa
reserved

Knuckle
09-25-2011, 08:07 PM
If you want a name on the beta server, you better go reserve it now on the blue server. Names in use on blue will only be creatable by the account owner

so im totally trolled out of ever getting knuckle as a name? some MIA account from years ago has it.

Yukahwa
09-25-2011, 08:16 PM
Xknucklex bro. Way tougher too.

Yukahwa
09-25-2011, 08:46 PM
Also - Good call Rogean.

Sprinkle
09-25-2011, 08:52 PM
i love how 1 guy is the only person doing this how fail

Silikten
09-25-2011, 08:54 PM
what

canardvc
09-25-2011, 09:17 PM
Confirmed: Dick hard again

Confirmed

mimixownzall
09-25-2011, 11:51 PM
Just be Knuckled =(

Lazortag
09-26-2011, 12:29 AM

Can this be changed for inactive names? Otherwise this is kind of silly.

Pudge
09-26-2011, 01:20 AM
it says BETA server, not actual server

epicentre
09-26-2011, 10:05 AM
wow 11 pages of rambling already :rolleyes:

A question about XP: since we'll lose some XP when diing form PvP, any chance we'll gain some when we kill another player?

(yea I'm a bit lazy to scroll though 11 pages to check for that question)

Palemoon
09-26-2011, 11:02 AM
wow 11 pages of rambling already :rolleyes:

A question about XP: since we'll lose some XP when diing form PvP, any chance we'll gain some when we kill another player?

(yea I'm a bit lazy to scroll though 11 pages to check for that question)

NO, way too easy to exploit.

Ravenlof
09-26-2011, 06:22 PM
ya comon its my day off ...

Knuckle
09-26-2011, 06:49 PM
http://consumerist.com/2011/01/16/redbox.jpg

JUST RELEASE IT ALREADY PAL

+1 internets, well done showtime. :D

sellawiz
09-26-2011, 07:07 PM
ya comon its my day off ...

Shiva
09-29-2011, 08:30 PM
Is this shit live yet ? I did'nt bother reading all the retarded kiddie posts....

JayFiveAlive
09-30-2011, 11:51 AM
This sounds great! The 8 level range that changes sounds kind of bizzare but oh well.

My friend and I will most likely be coming back to P99 for this once it's ready to go live!

fugazi
09-30-2011, 07:08 PM
So who's up for a cleric squadron? BLIND ALL THE THINGS.

Giopawa
11-18-2011, 05:34 PM
Uhmm XP loss?

Bazooka
11-18-2011, 05:44 PM
Uhmm XP loss?

It's like a 1/5th a blue bubble, hardly noticeable unless you die like 100 times.

Mostly in place to prevent bind rushing/griefing.

Neverwinter
11-18-2011, 05:56 PM
Lets go lets go! time to make my wiz