PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: bard instrument animation not seen by others

mitic
03-29-2010, 10:51 AM
this is a serverwide problem...noone in my groups has been able to see the animation while i played one of my instruments.

i remember to have seen it on bards (as a different class) on other emu servers so it must be a serverside bug and not client

ps:
Its *probably* just an animation opcode that isn't being sent to clients. Make a post about it in the bugs forum.

mitic
04-05-2010, 09:31 AM
bump for great justice

mitic
04-12-2010, 02:13 PM
friendly rebump since this thread ended on page 4 without any reply again

2.) on a side note, i played a bit on PEQ while our server is down and ive seen bards with real drums in their hands...could that be fixed too?

3.) the yellow "wearing off message" of detrimental/slow/etc songs on mobs wasnt showing ..bug?

thanks again, have mercy with your fellow bards!!

Uaellaen
04-12-2010, 02:36 PM
3.) the yellow "wearing off message" of detrimental/slow/etc songs on mobs wasnt showing ..bug?

yellow wear off messages are not classic ... thats why you also cant see who broke the chanters mez ;)

mitic
04-12-2010, 02:38 PM
yellow wear off messages are not classic ... thats why you also cant see who broke the chanters mez ;)

i see, ok forget 3.) :D a fix for 1.) + 2.) would be great tho!

Maximus
04-12-2010, 02:40 PM
Which particular instrument are you having trouble with? so far all of mine have the classic look with no problem. I have seen the big drum on PEQ bards, but thats with advanced models, and not on P1999.

Mythoxxus

Pyrocat
04-12-2010, 03:02 PM

No, the yellow wearing off messages are working correctly on this server and do exist. The message saying who broke charm was a separate feature that was added much later, and is not on this server.

I know when buffs wear off my allies and I know when dots wear off my enemies because of that yellow message, it definitely is on this server, but it might not apply to bard songs.

grindle
04-12-2010, 03:17 PM
why do people even worry about other people being able to see the animation of a instrument being played as long as the instrument mobs and effects are right then this has to be a very low priority bug.

mitic
04-12-2010, 03:25 PM
Which particular instrument are you having trouble with? so far all of mine have the classic look with no problem. I have seen the big drum on PEQ bards, but thats with advanced models, and not on P1999.

Mythoxxus

you are right, on PEQ they are using the advanced models but iam almost certain that i had a real drum equiped 10 years ago and not just a stick like i have now. might be wrong tho, unfortunately i wasnt able to find screenshots on the web.

anyways not a big deal, back to my first post then :D

why do people even worry about other people being able to see the animation of a instrument being played as long as the instrument mobs and effects are right then this has to be a very low priority bug.

ive been asked already once why iam just standing during a pull doing nothing (no animation) while i actually was using drums for maximum resists on caster mobs and my mandolin for mezzes. i can see the animation on myself and other bards but other classes dont

besides that, it looks cool etc..its not like they have to program something since it is already there (and working on other emu-servers).

isitatomic
04-12-2010, 03:26 PM
I've noticed a few times now that other group members will do the instrument playing animation each pulse instead of the bard. Believe I've only seen it with the stringed animation, though it may not necessarily be limited to that.

More specifically to your issue Mitic, I remember that this did in fact occur once in our Unrest FP group. You weren't doing the playing, I think our tank was. Didn't say anything at the time as I'd learn to live with a few cosmetic bugs here and there. Not sure if that helps or just complicates things further, but thought I'd throw it out there anyhow.

Uaellaen
04-12-2010, 03:27 PM
No, the yellow wearing off messages are working correctly on this server and do exist. The message saying who broke charm was a separate feature that was added much later, and is not on this server.

omg you are right ... must be a withdrawl symptom of brain decay ... *blush* but that doesnt change that they were not classic :o

Maximus
04-12-2010, 03:44 PM
you are right, on PEQ they are using the advanced models but iam almost certain that i had a real drum equiped 10 years ago and not just a stick like i have now. might be wrong tho, unfortunately i wasnt able to find screenshots on the web.

anyways not a big deal, back to my first post then :D
ive been asked already once why iam just standing during a pull doing nothing (no animation) while i actually was using drums for maximum resists on caster mobs and my mandolin for mezzes. i can see the animation on myself and other bards but other classes dont

besides that, it looks cool etc..its not like they have to program something since it is already there (and working on other emu-servers).

The classic look for a hand drum is the piccolo looking thing (i dont know why).
There for a while at the beginning there was a bug that caused members of the group to do the music animation instead of the bard doing it. this is fixed tho i believe.
Kudos on the utilization of instruments in group. a good bard doesnt melee all the time, but twists and weaves.
Mythoxxus

Haynar
04-18-2010, 07:13 PM
I have confirmed that in the server code, there is nothing being sent to clients for displaying the bard animation of playing their instrument. So this will get put on the bug list of things to fix.

Haynar