PDA

View Full Version : NPC Spawn Issue: Dual spawn Alluring Sirens in OOT

Taminy
11-01-2009, 04:32 PM
Two issues:

They had a 6 minute or so spawn timer.

The two that spawned next to each other nearer FP and the lone one that spawned nearer FP were always level 12 and were not social.

Yeah I know I'm QQing.

Well, I too am just going to add some general information for those that would like to know the approximate time tables of the mobs there. BTW, be warned that if you do go there the experience is simply addicting and you will not want to leave!

There are two locations that you can camp the Sirens, one set is located at the last set of rocks before you zone into Buchterblock. The other set is located on the first rocks when you zone into the Ocean of Tears. If you don�t see the set you are looking for on the rocks then chances are they already being camped (just call a camp check).

First of all I should just get the general common things out of the way so I can talk about the specifics. Sirens start and stay indifferent to everyone. The FP camp will not assist each other and the same can be said for the two front (or �twin�) Sirens on the BB side. The FP and �twin� Sirens are 12th level and will always stay at that level.

Now the FP camp is pretty straightforward. When you see the rocks jump off the boat, swim to an island and kill. There are two on a main rock and one behind another rock nearby. Once you want to get off either gate out (if you are casting class) or swim INTO the front of the boat and the force will �translocate� you into the bottom deck of the boat.

The BB spawn is a bit more complicated but there�s no real need to say it�s harder as long as you understand it. The two Sirens that spawn in front (the ones you see from the boat) are usually called the �twins� and as stated above they are level 12 and will NOT assist each other.

There are three spawns however in the back that are a bit more difficult and also share a spawn table with some evil NPCs. These are level 13 to maybe 14, have more magic resistance, have almost twice the hit points of their sisters, and WILL assist each other in combat. These mainly go by the name of the �triplets� since they do spawn in three.

Now then to the precautions and spawn table/times. As said above these assist each other so unless you have harmony/lull you�ll most likely be pulling two at a time. The only exception is the Siren on the bottom of the rock island, being she�s far enough from her sisters you can single pull her.

As has been stated there is a Troll NPC on the very edge of this island so non distance/spell pullers beware that if you are a good race and get too close this Troll (Nerbilik) will aggro on you.

All the Sirens are approximately on a 6-minute spawn time. If you kill one of the triplet Sirens AFTER 9PM a Dragoon or Orge will spawn in its place! Either Dragoon Artellin at the bottom, Dart in the middle, or Brawn the Orge at the end. These all have medium aggro radiuses, are in their 20�s, and as with most DE are majorly underconned.

So here�s the deal: IF you leave the three Sirens alone after 9PM they will stay there till 3AM and despawn. Brawn has a 50% chance of showing up early at the top around 9PM. At 4AM the dark ones will spawn and stay there till 6AM at which time they will go. At 7AM the Sirens will spawn again and everything will go back to normal.

Keep in mind that if you are pulling the Sirens after 9PM and are a non-range puller you run the risk of having Mr. Orge spawn on you. A good strategy (if you have all three up before 9PM) is to clear from the top to the bottom. This way if the Orge pops you won�t be near it when you are fighting/pulling (though you still run a risk being Brawn does patrol).

Well, that�s pretty much it. I just wanted to give people a heads up so that those that haven�t been there will have an understanding of how the spawn time/table works (then you can break and plan to your hearts delight). I hunted the BB and FP side at 15 and spent about 16 hours at BB and about 4 in FP.

These Sirens are very easy considering. With a Druid I almost always rooted, and snared. Then, depending on my mana and level I either nuked, or DoTed. Eventually I found the easiest way to keep all the spawns staggered (including the twins) was to harmony if necessary, root, snare, DoT and then sit back and med till root broke.

Once they got close enough (bar would update dmg done) I would stand and either damage shield melee, DoT melee (tripplets), or just plain melee (twins). This was an efficient use of mana and I always had just enough to keep clearing almost continuously. Very addicting exp indeed! I hope this helps someone in their hunting, as I know others have helped me.

From: http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=2536

nilbog
12-12-2012, 02:46 PM
Fixed, pending update.