PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Kick, Bash, Slam

Danth
11-01-2009, 02:39 PM
All three of these skills are doing higher damage than their classic damage values. I believe the later-era (velious? Luclin? I forget exactly when) re-balance of these skills is still in effect on P1999.

For my part, at 30 I saw bashes for 27 damage. On live my Paladins typically bashed for about half my level (not precisely, perhaps, but that was a decent rule of thumb). Kick should do about the same as Bash, and Slam should do significantly less than either.

Danth

Galahad
11-01-2009, 04:28 PM
I think (and I'm sure this applies to most if not all EMU servers) this is because the newer formula is being used for special attacks. Either that, or the formula at max levels was just used to cascade down through all skill levels. I think this incorrect usage also applies to monk special attacks and backstab.

If I remember correctly in live the max hit for kick and bash 'back in the day' was 24 or 25, which leads me to believe the correct damage should be something like skill/8; pre-51 anyway.

For flying kick I can't remember exactly, but for some reason 76 or 134 come to mind, maybe someone else can verify?

nilbog
02-19-2010, 11:38 AM
Resolved