PDA

View Full Version : EQPlayNice

Semli
09-03-2011, 07:14 PM
Greetings. I have a fairly simple question. I'm a victim of the slow X mouse axis, and have been googling furiously to find an issue. The closest thing I've found so far is a post (here: http://forum.shardsofdalaya.com/showthread.php?t=11038) stating that EQPlayNice makes the issue poof.

Now, having said that, with the issue of the cheaters and third party programs lately, is this allowed? If not, does anyone have any suggestions to get this mouse deal resolved? I don't care about EQPN itself, I just want a working mouse.

Uthgaard
09-03-2011, 07:18 PM
Eqplaynice is fine, but you're better off using wineq2, which incorporates eqplaynice source.

Also, have you tried going into options? ALT+O

Semli
09-03-2011, 07:23 PM
Aye, I've tried the options. They helped greatly on my XP laptop, the X/Y ratio is completely 1:1, but on my W7 machine for some reason it doesn't work regardless of what setting the sensitivity slider is on. Thanks for the advice, i'll check out wineq2!

Arrisard
09-03-2011, 07:30 PM
Capping framerate around 60 helped a lot for me.

Semli
09-03-2011, 07:34 PM
Didn't get a chance to see your post before I installed wineq2, Arrisard. wineq2 fixed the issue completely, though! =D

Uthgaard
09-03-2011, 07:36 PM
Aye, I've tried the options. They helped greatly on my XP laptop, the X/Y ratio is completely 1:1, but on my W7 machine for some reason it doesn't work regardless of what setting the sensitivity slider is on. Thanks for the advice, i'll check out wineq2!

I can tell you that there is some strangeness in the way mouse interactions happen with windows and the everquest window. If your everquest window runs off the viewport, your mouse clicks will be offset by that amount. I'd try looking at your aspect ratios and display settings for both pc and game, and making sure they all cohere to one another. This should probably be moved to tech discussion where people have more experience with it.

Littlegyno
09-03-2011, 07:45 PM
Personally, Wineq + Mq2 works the best imho.

vageta31
09-03-2011, 07:49 PM
Setting the fps limit to match the refresh rate fixed my issue. Wineq2 fixed my mouse but made EQ look too choppy for my tastes. Matching my refresh rate keeps it smooth as silk and gives my mouse look enough speed(though not quite as much as I'd prefer but I'm adjusted to it now). I play on a 42" 1080p TV so I can't stand noticeable choppiness.