PDA

View Full Version : My first post...

Jeron
09-03-2011, 03:56 PM
Four months ago I started playing on P1999.

This place is fantastic. Been on the server for a couple weeks now after a long break from all forms of EQ. Then discovered this gem of a place. The population is filled with cool folks, many of which willing to help with stuff. Good quantity of people on the server almost all the time. The service is far better than any other EQ ever played. And is almost exactly what it was when I first started playing EQ back in the good ole days.

I'll leave names out but... A fellow mage practically handed me a Torch of Alna while I am level 20th. Another mage hunted a bit for me and gave me the spoils when I was level 3-4. And dozens of folks just have a great attitude and have helped when it was convenient.

Thank's to those who created and host this, and the player base helps make it worth staying.

Regards,

I had a great start here and just like with any game I ever play I didn't read much about the game/place/instructions I just started playing. About a month into it, after getting one character into the 40's, I found an old copy of mySEQ I used to use on PEQ a long time ago. I fired it up and started using this to make travelling easier. I'm not in a major guild and don't have a character above 53. I spent the vast majority of my total time killing beholders in the gorge gathering PBB's to be able to sell them and twink myself and subsequently my RL friends.

Fast forward a few months... Then I introduced a few RL friends to the P1999 world. We start playing together. And I get suspended for using mySEQ. The friends are fine, they weren't using it.

I started reading up and realize I was not following the rules. I inquire as to why I was suspended and when I am told why I am embarrassed and I apologize to the devs for wasting their time. In the inquiry as to why I was suspended, after I realize why, I volunteer all my accounts and characters to suffer the penalty. In the two weeks they were monitoring I had really only primarily been playing one of my accounts helping my RL friends level. I also give the server another donation (I told the devs I owed them for taking their time away from the community), I have donated a couple/few times because I would like to see this place stay.

Now, my question to the community is assuming all this about me is true should I be burned at the stake as many of the people here would like to see? Or do I simply stop using the shit tools that got me in trouble and move on with my punishment?

To me, I got a speeding ticket for not going the posted limit. I messed up bad and will have to pay the price. I deserve the punishment (to all my characters) whatever it may be and am not at all arguing that it should be or should have been okay. But should I just go away because I made this mistake? Why on a blue server is there so much aggression towards those who made a similar mistake? PLEASE understand I am not justifying in any way not following the rules I would like to SINCERELY understand why so many of the community members are so insulted by my mistake? How my sort of error has affected them in such a drastic manner? This is not me being sarcastic or facetious. I don't intend on using tools to augment play anymore just would really like to understand why so many are so offended.

Thanks,

jimthayner
09-03-2011, 03:59 PM
Four months ago I started playing on P1999.

I had a great start here and just like with any game I ever play I didn't read much about the game/place/instructions I just started playing. About a month into it, after getting one character into the 40's, I found an old copy of mySEQ I used to use on PEQ a long time ago. I fired it up and started using this to make travelling easier. I'm not in a major guild and don't have a character above 53. I spent the vast majority of my total time killing beholders in the gorge gathering PBB's to be able to sell them and twink myself and subsequently my RL friends.

Fast forward a few months... Then I introduced a few RL friends to the P1999 world. We start playing together. And I get suspended for using mySEQ. The friends are fine, they weren't using it.

I started reading up and realize I was not following the rules. I inquire as to why I was suspended and when I am told why I am embarrassed and I apologize to the devs for wasting their time. In the inquiry as to why I was suspended, after I realize why, I volunteer all my accounts and characters to suffer the penalty. In the two weeks they were monitoring I had really only primarily been playing one of my accounts helping my RL friends level. I also give the server another donation (I told the devs I owed them for taking their time away from the community), I have donated a couple/few times because I would like to see this place stay.

Now, my question to the community is assuming all this about me is true should I be burned at the stake as many of the people here would like to see? Or do I simply stop using the shit tools that got me in trouble and move on with my punishment?

To me, I got a speeding ticket for not going the posted limit. I messed up bad and will have to pay the price. I deserve the punishment (to all my characters) whatever it may be and am not at all arguing that it should be or should have been okay. But should I just go away because I made this mistake? Why on a blue server is there so much aggression towards those who made a similar mistake? PLEASE understand I am not justifying in any way not following the rules I would like to SINCERELY understand why so many of the community members are so insulted by my mistake? How my sort of error has affected them in such a drastic manner? This is not me being sarcastic or facetious. I don't intend on using tools to augment play anymore just would really like to understand why so many are so offended.

Thanks,

Is someone showing an ounce of integrity here? Can't be, too many shitbags here.

Eternal-Elf
09-03-2011, 04:01 PM
People that level legit are offended people are shitting up the server with MQ and other programs drastically leaning gameplay towards the cheaters.

Duh.

You apologize, you dish out some cash, and you come on here hoping to get a pat on the back and reach around.......I dunno man.

You are a cheater

KB_Trader
Whoa whoa whoa I admitted to cheating first and high fived the gm's for gettin some anti-hax software going first. Off my coattails.

jimthayner
Generally, they are offended because they invest too much emotion and personal ego into Everquest in general.

You were wrong, and will suffer. But all the people who want to pour salt on the wounds are either 10 year olds pointing the finger at the kid that got caught chewing gum in class or people whose real lives are so crappy that they have so much ego invested in the game that they need to feel good about themselves by finding an 'enemy' to bash.

Aka: HA, I'M BETTER THAN YOU BECAUSE I DIDN'T CHEAT, EVEN THOUGH I FAIL AT LIFE.

Eternal-Elf
09-03-2011, 04:02 PM
You also smuggled drugs and have bad teeth

jimthayner
09-03-2011, 04:03 PM
People that level legit are offended people are shitting up the server with MQ and other programs drastically leaning gameplay towards the cheaters.

Duh.

You apologize, you dish out some cash, and you come on here hoping to get a pat on the back and reach around.......I dunno man.

You are a cheater

What a terrible crime :rolleyes: BURN HIM AT THE STAKE.

Eternal-Elf
09-03-2011, 04:04 PM
What a terrible crime :rolleyes: BURN HIM AT THE STAKE.

I don't really care what they do with the cheaters.
Ban them? Suspend them? Take their plats I don't give a shit it's a game.

However, he asked why people were angry. It's because he's a cheater.

and you referenced a kid chewing gum in class?

This is more like everyone else haveing cotton mouth, and finding out that the kid was chewing gum ALL year sipping coke in the back of the room and just got caught.

but like I said it's a game.

KB_Trader
09-03-2011, 04:06 PM
You also smuggled drugs and have bad teeth

The ladies love my chipped tooth okay bro

Eternal-Elf
09-03-2011, 04:09 PM
The ladies love my chipped tooth okay bro

Perhaps the ones you can distract long enough to slip shit in their drink.

Unconcious moans still mean no.

KB_Trader
09-03-2011, 04:15 PM
They say no but there bodies say yes.

Tewaz
09-03-2011, 04:23 PM
The burning at the stake is more for the people in uber guilds that were competing for raid targets. People like you are forgiven.

Jeron
09-03-2011, 04:26 PM

Duh.

You are a cheater

First... I apologize to the devs for wasting their time. Not you. Cash was intended to supplement the time of theirs I directly wasted not to buy myself freedom or clean my conscious.

And to your "shitting up the server" comment. The choice you make by getting affected by my mistake is your mistake. I never did anything that should have affected you. I AM NOT SAYING IT WAS OKAY FOR ME TO USE MYSEQ. I am saying why is a reasonable person being so unreasonable in response. You are not a reasonable person, that is okay by me.

Eternal-Elf
09-03-2011, 05:05 PM
First... I apologize to the devs for wasting their time. Not you. Cash was intended to supplement the time of theirs I directly wasted not to buy myself freedom or clean my conscious.

And to your "shitting up the server" comment. The choice you make by getting affected by my mistake is your mistake. I never did anything that should have affected you. I AM NOT SAYING IT WAS OKAY FOR ME TO USE MYSEQ. I am saying why is a reasonable person being so unreasonable in response. You are not a reasonable person, that is okay by me.

Ya the fact that some people don't like playing with cheaters, when they themselves do not cheat is very unreasonable.

that is okay by me =)

Jeron
09-03-2011, 05:18 PM
Either you didn't read my original post or you are incapable of seeing this as anything but a black and white scenario.

You do realize that most EMU servers don't care about this at all? It is easy to assume this place would be no different. Using the tool and making that assumption was a huge mistake of mine. Not anyone else's fault.

You sound like ... If you heard someone crossed the street not at a crosswalk got hit by a car then you would hope they die. Well he didn't follow the rules, there was a cross walk down the street. Darwin does what he does but it sounds like you would be the person to go out in the street and start jumping on the the person to get your way. The fact is, the fault should be on the person who crossed the street illegally. But I still don't hope they die.

Now don't misinterpret please. I am not comparing myself here. I am talking about the way you are acting. I am not a victim and in no way am I like that scenario. Just wondering if you do think people who make mistakes deserve the worst possible punishment as a result or just when it makes you feel like you have to walk to the crosswalk. You are not a victim either.

Eternal-Elf
09-03-2011, 05:23 PM
Either you didn't read my original post or you are incapable of seeing this as anything but a black and white scenario.

You do realize that most EMU servers don't care about this at all? It is easy to assume this place would be no different. Using the tool and making that assumption was a huge mistake of mine. Not anyone else's fault.

You sound like ... If you heard someone crossed the street not at a crosswalk got hit by a car then you would hope they die. Well he didn't follow the rules, there was a cross walk down the street. Darwin does what he does but it sounds like you would be the person to go out in the street and start jumping on the the person to get your way. The fact is, the fault should be on the person who crossed the street illegally. But I still don't hope they die.

Now don't misinterpret please. I am not comparing myself here. I am talking about the way you are acting. I am not a victim and in no way am I like that scenario. Just wondering if you do think people who make mistakes deserve the worst possible punishment as a result or just when it makes you feel like you have to walk to the crosswalk. You are not a victim either.

Ok. You want black and white I can give that to you.

The rules say you cheat, you get banned.

They show leanance on this occation for some unknown reason, and now people figure they can either be labeled a cheater....or come out all beaten white knight and say you have wronged but have found the P99 god and now are a better person for it.

As far as the jaywalker....I mean if the law states jaywalking is illegal and deserves a fine.....and people in the past have gotten fined to the MAX for it......then all the sudden you find out a ton of people are jaywalking behind the cops back and they get away with it with nothing more than a virtual slap on the wrist.....while the others were fined......ya it's fucking gay.

Roanoke
09-03-2011, 06:02 PM

I think what you have said here rings true with a lot of forum talk recently. And it would be my advice to you to NOT try to explain yourself on the forums as you will get nothing be moronic replies from people who don't (won't) read your posts in their entirety.

Your original post probably rings true with a few more people than just yourself. Those that were unaware of the consequences but are perfectly fine with being punished and taking responsibility for their actions. I salute you, for being upfront and taking responsibility rather than crying "ZOMG U HAXED MY COMPUTER!" and denying the obvious.

druziil
09-03-2011, 06:09 PM
I found an old copy of mySEQ I used to use on PEQ a long time ago. I fired it up and started using this to make travelling easier. You are a bad player, who had to take a shortcut to subvert the intended design of the game. Why play at all if you can't spend the time running like everyone else, or soliciting ports.

Would it be unreasonable to assume a cheater may also be a liar, instead of assuming that's all the truth? You should be punished according to the posted rules, account ban.

You got a misdemeanor punishment for a felony crime. People aren't insulted by your personal mistake per se, but by the overall handling of the situation at large. Ignorance is no excuse for breaking the rules/laws. If you delete your account and re-roll i am sure no one would say 2 words to you. (unless you resorted to cheating again, which most habitual cheaters will end up doing)

Some people have higher standards, and we were led to believe that the developers/management of this server also had higher standards. Their actions have not really lived up to their own posted ideals, and anyone who believes that this "is just a game" can go somewhere else. We are all people and mostly adults (despite many of you not acting that way) interacting with each other in a real way (also despite many of you not acting that way) and we should all be held to a certain level of civility and respect for order, especially with longstanding rules that have been posted forever, and enforced unquestionably in the past. This is not the state of things currently to the dismay of some and also to the jubilation of others. (I do realize my optimistic view on humanity seldom applies to anything on the internet and most of you are shitbag trolls/haters)

Tewaz
09-03-2011, 06:30 PM
I am sitting here reading this and there is a google ad for MQ2 at the bottom of the screen lol.

Dirtnap
09-03-2011, 06:36 PM
I personally have no problems with the people that cheated, I just think the GM's should have stuck to the rules they themselves set in place.