PDA

View Full Version : Talorial D`Estalian'

Rezidule
09-02-2011, 11:47 AM
Hi gang,

Just came back after 5 years off the game. I'm looking for a quest npc, Talorial D`Estalian' but I can't seem to find him where EQTraders says he should be. Can anyone confirm whether he exists or if he's been removed from the game? Much appreciated

R

Misanthropic
09-02-2011, 12:27 PM
5 minutes of googling would tell you he didn't become a quest NPC until after shadows of luclin...

Messianic
09-02-2011, 01:08 PM
Welcome,

This server tries its best to be a classic server - this means the server will not mirror stuff on eqtraders or allakhazam's, since those have databases that are far closer to live. You'll have to dig a little further to find classic info, although lots of it has been placed in the wiki: http://wiki.project1999.org

Messianic
09-02-2011, 01:30 PM
Edit:Randy quote removed

Don't mind him, he's currently in a meltdown :/

The in-game community is by all accounts pretty awesome (except for some of the people in a couple of the guilds who love to fight with each other).

Vohl
09-02-2011, 01:33 PM
this server is full of cheater and hackers, you might want try another server.

Anyone who seriously thinks this should take their own advice.

Messianic
09-02-2011, 01:41 PM

Kope
09-02-2011, 01:44 PM

Rezidule
09-02-2011, 02:38 PM
Anyone suggest some newbie quests to get better gear for a DE Nec? I'd take the 5 minutes to Google it like someone suggested, but I wouldn't know what era it was, or desire to invest the amount of time necessary to research every question I had to perfect clarity. If there were a specific resource for EQ Classic, let me know. Otherwise, the information is intermingled with expansion info that will never apply. If this isn't the right place to ask questions, then where is?

Messianic
09-02-2011, 02:47 PM
Anyone suggest some newbie quests to get better gear for a DE Nec? I'd take the 5 minutes to Google it like someone suggested, but I wouldn't know what era it was, or desire to invest the amount of time necessary to research every question I had to perfect clarity. If there were a specific resource for EQ Classic, let me know. Otherwise, the information is intermingled with expansion info that will never apply. If this isn't the right place to ask questions, then where is?

Honestly, you don't need gear :) Gather cloth from the mobs you kill, possibly save the spider silks you get and mask yourself some raw silk armor over time for better AC...Use your money on the spells you need (you don't need all of them) first. You can collect a ton of bone chips and use some for your skeletons obviously, but chip stacks can be sold for like 10p per around here. HQ bear skins can be acquired in EC off black bears and sold for 15-20 pp each (depending which tailor you're talking with in EC).

Just level and find good places to camp - eventually you'll get to a place where you've made enough money to buy good gear in EC. The sisters in the sister camp in lfay drop bronze weapons (as do dervishes in Nro, Oasis, WC) which can be sold for a few plat a pop. Once you're in your late 20s, you can kill sisters in oot which also drop stuff that can be sold for good cash.

Just remember EQclassic is a very primitive game with little hand-holding along the way.

Once you do get some cash, focus on hp/mana gear with a few exceptions - stein of moggok is one of the best items for the plat - you can also quest your robe of enshroudment, shadowbound stuff, and harvester later on.

But honestly, as fast as necros make money 30+, your best idea is to just level :)

Rezidule
09-02-2011, 03:28 PM
Thank you Messianic. Your reply was useful and insightful. Much appreciated.