PDA

View Full Version : Rarest Items in the game

casdegere
09-02-2011, 07:20 AM
I am pulling on community knowledge here and for the most part, opinions as it may be impossible to be certain.

#1 What I would like to have is a list of items still in game but no longer dropped.

#2 Items still being dropped but nerfed and their original counterpart.

#3 The rarest 5-10 items in the game.

Old world, Planes and Kunark.

azeth
09-02-2011, 07:34 AM
I started making the 1-3 list, but realistically the only items worth mentioning are Fungi Staff, Blade of the Black DE, Rod of Annihilation, Ton Po's staff, Manastone and Lustruous Russett.

Daldaen
09-02-2011, 08:33 AM
Oaken scimitar, scimitar of the mistwalker. One and three in game respectively.

tekniq
09-02-2011, 08:55 AM
staff of dreaded gaze /end.

it was supposedly so rare that ZAM listed it as No longer dropping for a few years

Vonkaar
09-02-2011, 09:29 AM
I started making the 1-3 list, but realistically the only items worth mentioning are Fungi Staff, Blade of the Black DE, Rod of Annihilation, Ton Po's staff, Manastone and Lustruous Russett.

IMHO...

Rarest != items with 200+ quantity on the server.

By that measure, crappy items like the White Dragonscale Shield from Gore are more rare than a manastone. And while the Fungi Staff is surely more valuable, there are more of those than items like the Glimmer Ring or Thex Dagger.

azeth
09-02-2011, 09:34 AM
Glimmer Ring or Thex Dagger.

both 4 sho.

Ennoia
09-02-2011, 09:39 AM
There's some mask Athiyk has that there's only one of on the server...can't remember what it's called. He had the only one on live on Brell as well.

bonehand
09-02-2011, 09:44 AM
The mainhand Mosscovered Twig...10/3 and anything offhand...best DPS setup ever.

But I never used it tanking since that was assuredly riposte death, but when I was not MT...the shit was on.

But if you are talking rarest, then any BP from Trak probably would be rarer...easily worth 500kpp...more if you got two competing guilds looking to purchase their cleric or tank one.

Then again, has any guild even started VP? The 2 or 3 tradeable items on that loot list will make anything else look like a rusty sword...

EDIT:
Alrighty then, after seeing you state Air items...then hell ya, I bet there are a few unique or one of two items on server when it comes to some of those quest items. All no drop of course, but when it takes a guild right now to complete some of those and nobody wants to be there (oops, I fell off)...gotta be rare

Vonkaar
09-02-2011, 09:52 AM
Tons of MCT.

basically, anything on Kunark that could be farmed before the drop rate was nerfed WAS farmed in massive quantity. Circlet of Shadows (lol), Idol of Thorned, Gem-encrusted ring, etc. As soon as people could hit the Myconid Spore King in OS, the fungi staff was on permanent farm status. There are at least 12 staves, last I heard.

The rarest stuff will be removed god & dragon drops from classic. Or REALLY early removed items like LR.

GM event items as well... hence the Glimmer Ring mention.

You could also have a really special combination, like maybe a female erudite paladin with a Guise. That'd likely be one-of-a-kind. Bob is selling a Half-Elf druid with Da Oogly Stick. Troll druid = one of a kind.

just my observations...

azeth
09-02-2011, 09:54 AM
Lustruous Russett.

The rarest stuff will be removed god & dragon drops from classic. Or REALLY early removed items like LR.

I personally think LR on select classes ie. rogue, and assorted pieces for tanks, is/are the most envied items in the game. As they will never in the life of P99 be replaced by any armor off any mob.

casdegere
09-02-2011, 10:06 AM
Alright, what about more popular items, droppable items, how do they stack up? Fungi Tunics, Manastones, T-Staffs,(Other premium weapons in high demand?) Haste items CoF, SBC, RBB, RBG, are there others?. (Not Dragon sash, Hangman's or FBSS). Amulet of Necro and other things? I've looked at the Class Equipment in these forums recently, they are so far out of date. If you had an Int caster, a Chanter, a Cleric, a Druid, a Shaman, a Monk, A Plate Class Fighter, a Rogue, a Bard, what would be your top, DROPPABLE, BUYABLE 18 items on that character? What weapons would you want?

karsten
09-02-2011, 10:18 AM
list of people who are cool(1) and have full lustrous russet(2)

1. karsten (1, 2)
2. hasbinbad (2)
3. ektar (1)

oh sniz~

Mcbard
09-02-2011, 10:59 AM
Alright, what about more popular items, droppable items, how do they stack up? Fungi Tunics, Manastones, T-Staffs,(Other premium weapons in high demand?) Haste items CoF, SBC, RBB, RBG, are there others?. (Not Dragon sash, Hangman's or FBSS). Amulet of Necro and other things? I've looked at the Class Equipment in these forums recently, they are so far out of date. If you had an Int caster, a Chanter, a Cleric, a Druid, a Shaman, a Monk, A Plate Class Fighter, a Rogue, a Bard, what would be your top, DROPPABLE, BUYABLE 18 items on that character? What weapons would you want?

Fungi
RoM
Fungus staff
Manastone
T-staff
CoF
Heiro Cloak
GER
Djarn's Ring
GEBS
SCD
RoA
CRoA
Trak BPs
VS legs
BCG
Tobrins

I guess that would be for twinks primarily, honestly once you start raiding you never wear any of it. You just get resist gear.

azeth
09-02-2011, 11:01 AM
Fungi
RoM
Fungus staff
Manastone
T-staff - not rare enough/effective enough on P99
CoF
Heiro Cloak
GER - this item absolutely sucks, i dont care if it was removed.
Djarn's Ring - AC5 55 hp rings trump the bonus HP on Djarns
GEBS - These weren't even best in slot in classic, nor rare
SCD
RoA
CRoA
Trak BPs
VS legs

Mcbard
09-02-2011, 11:04 AM
GER/Djarns/GEBS should all be BiS for most of the classes he listed.

Edit: Also, how does a 10ac 7str ring suck for a melee class compared toa 5ac 55hp ring exactly?

nalkin
09-02-2011, 11:05 AM
list of people who are cool(1) and have full lustrous russet(2)

1. karsten (1, 2)
2. hasbinbad (2)
3. ektar (1)

oh sniz~

Don't forget that GM event where they missed a decimal point and LR was dropping like a mother

azeth
09-02-2011, 11:06 AM
GER/Djarns/GEBS should all be BiS for most of the classes he listed.

Edit: Also, how does a 10ac 7str ring suck for a melee class compared toa 5ac 55hp ring exactly?

10 ac and 7 str is pretty much the most garbage shit i can imagine wearing. Who would ever sacrifice 55 hp for 5 more ac (given the soft cap for anyone but tanks is attainable with under 2000 plat in EC) and 7 strength given 9/10 items for a melee have str on them.

Also, news flash Golden Efreeti Boots are literally useless. What use is an increase to your max mana pool unless you are a cleric in a CH rotation? Please name 1 single other class who actually goes OOM during a god/dragon fight.

Mcbard
09-02-2011, 11:09 AM
So you do value HP more than AC? In that case why wouldn't you want the Djarns over 5ac? Confused.

Vonkaar
09-02-2011, 11:10 AM

There are TONS of everything you listed above. AoN is likely the rarest but it's hardly a super-rare. SBC might be pretty scarce still but I don't know for sure.

If you wanted to make a list of items that are most-desirable, that would be doable.

If your list was based on pure rarity, that would be doable. Combining them doesn't make much sense unless you can quantify desire based on previous sales. Have fun with that =p.

I would do it like,

One-of-a-kind items and their owners: oaken scimitar, da oogly stick (IIRC), previously mentioned mask.
2-4 quantity items: Mistwalker, glimmer ring, etc
5-10 quantity items: Thex Dagger, individual LR pieces (I'm only guessing here), etc

and then

then maybe items worth 750k plus

casdegere
09-02-2011, 11:35 AM
Ok, what about most preferred items then. For instance, since I know that there are ALOT of Monks on this server lets start with that. Pouring over items I can see that TStaff, RFS, IFS and Peacebringer seem to be highly sought after 2HB monk bashers, Aclub and SoS are 1hb bashers for monks, Fungi Tunics, NoS, Heiro cloaks, Iksar Boots, hardened clay bracelets, Gem inlaid gaunts, Mask? Haste? Hat? Waist? Legs? Arms? Wrist? Rings? Earrings? Back? Shoulders?

Daldaen
09-02-2011, 11:43 AM
10 ac and 7 str is pretty much the most garbage shit i can imagine wearing. Who would ever sacrifice 55 hp for 5 more ac (given the soft cap for anyone but tanks is attainable with under 2000 plat in EC) and 7 strength given 9/10 items for a melee have str on them.

Also, news flash Golden Efreeti Boots are literally useless. What use is an increase to your max mana pool unless you are a cleric in a CH rotation? Please name 1 single other class who actually goes OOM during a god/dragon fight.

Don't know how long dragon fights here on P99 last, but as a Druid trying to maximize DPS I could run through my mana in about 2minutes. Pretty sure wizards go oom faster in a full burn. This server seems way more interested in zerging, kiting trash and burning down bosses then wiping and picking up the loot? Which isn't classic at all. Don't ever recall hearing about guilds kiting fear trash to kill cazic for example.

azeth
09-02-2011, 11:48 AM
Don't ever recall hearing about guilds kiting fear trash to kill cazic for example.

You don't? Have you ever been involved in a head to head race to drop a God/Dragon? Kiting trash is probably the most legit of all the tactics that have been used on live and P99.

Aadill
09-02-2011, 11:49 AM
It earns much respect, too.

Daldaen
09-02-2011, 11:53 AM
You don't? Have you ever been involved in a head to head race to drop a God/Dragon? Kiting trash is probably the most legit of all the tactics that have been used on live and P99.

I definitely recall players training each other but mostly players would clear a path to dragons or gods if needed or coh to them (not viable in fear obviously).

Dr4z3r
09-02-2011, 12:10 PM
Full list of items no longer dropping, as if 7/17, is in the F.A.Q.:

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1002

Daldaen
09-02-2011, 12:13 PM
What about totem of wizened spirits? I got one first week of kunark, just curious how many others are out there...

Otto
09-02-2011, 12:36 PM
There were 2 Fanged Skull Stilettos on the server. I don't know where one of them went

yaaaflow
09-02-2011, 12:45 PM
Smallz I think had one of em, and some guy named Otto had the other one.

Otto
09-02-2011, 12:49 PM
Smallz disappeared from the server abruptly. Anyone heard from him/know him and able to get it back in circulation??

casdegere
09-02-2011, 01:52 PM
I would like to hear about some of your exploits. Not EC purchases, but sweet loot triumphs. Items you lucked out on and won rolls or won with your group of friends or guild. I have very few to call my own, 2 in fact is all to be honest, certainly nothing to brag about but I definitely know there are some hot shots out there that was some primo gear they won just playing this game the way it was meant.

I nabbed an Necklace of Superiority (http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Necklace_of_Superiority) from The Kly. As an Enchanter it was all Root, Nuke, mez, Nuke Mez, Nuke Mez...and Nuke. The first time I went I was there all day and all PHs. The second time it took only 2 hours.

I rolled a 73 on a Siblisian Berzerker Cloak (http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Siblisian_Berserker_Cloak) from the Disco Room in old Seb. Full Group was killing and xping and whammo, our monk loots this baby. Everyone was shocked. It took almost a full minute for someone to take that initial roll. And then I was #4 to roll and I roll a 73, 1 point over the 2nd roll. The next one was mid range and the last, was the monk who I know really wanted this. He rolled a 9 I think. My palms were sweating lol. This actually happened a few days ago and I won't be selling these two items for sure.

Edit: I am actually relatively new to this server but me and a small group of RL friends joined up and leveled up quickly. I was able to discover a way to make plat early on and unfortunately that is where 90% of my gear has come from...EC sales. But now I see how this was not exactly the right way to start off. With all of this cheating going on, if no one buys their ill-gotten stuff, which i know I most likely did, they would not have benefited so much. Grr..I feel so..so dirty now. 8-(

Hasbinbad
09-02-2011, 02:42 PM
Smallz disappeared from the server abruptly. Anyone heard from him/know him and able to get it back in circulation??
My source says that Smallz hasn't logged in in over a year.

Rare Items I Have:

Fanged Skull Stiletto #1, and it's MINE!! MINE!! IT'S ALL MINE!!!

Rubicite Pauldrons (2 on server [i have both], BiS rogue pre sebilis, gm-event-only)

Roleplayer's Jester (unique?)

Full Lustrous Russet (2 suits on server, as Karsten pointed out)

A Note To You from Uthgaard (unique)

Ring of the Stalker (on rogue alt, gm-event-only)

Enchanted Bastard Sword (PoS crap, but gm-event-only)

I think that's it.

There still exist several items on the server from when Goobles got into the hole (lol), these items are unique for the time being.

There exist several unique or very very rare gm-event-only items like rubicite pieces which are not visible, enchanted swords, class-specific noob items, particle-effect fireworks wands, etc..

Messianic
09-02-2011, 02:51 PM
Full Lustrous Russet (2 suits on server, as Karsten pointed out)

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/4686/hasbinbad.jpg

Fountree
09-02-2011, 02:52 PM
Elder Spiritist's Boots. Are there any on the server as of yet?

My dwarf pally alt also has several unique items from a GM event earlier this summer:

Hands of Marr - 12ac 7str 7agi 5sv cold, magic, fire
Crown of the Holy Defender - 12ac 5str 4agi 3wis
Band of Faith (sick item) - 5ac 6str 6dex 4wis 30mana
Golden Veil - 2ac 4wis 4str 10mana

Lyssia
09-02-2011, 03:09 PM
Check logs to see which is duped the most. There is your answer

karsten
09-02-2011, 03:27 PM
hye hasbinbad did you know that you and i both have full LR but ektar doesnt!?

Ytrafik
09-02-2011, 03:41 PM
I vote for puppet string!

Heebee
09-02-2011, 07:53 PM
Elder Spiritist's Boots. Are there any on the server as of yet?

Minyin has these as part of his full set of ES.

FFA_Seller
02-25-2013, 12:02 PM
Ton Po staff is def on the list. Only one on server and will remain that way.

sedrie.bellamie
02-25-2013, 11:07 PM
Minyin has these as part of his full set of ES.

some of those suckers in TMO have elder boots too; they just rare or no one kill the mob that drops them?

sedrie.bellamie
02-25-2013, 11:08 PM
anyone know how many sceptre of rahotep are around? I remember that being rare and mythical on live

maximum
02-26-2013, 12:44 AM
Ton Po staff is def on the list. Only one on server and will remain that way.

Thought there were two on P99 Blue? http://wiki.project1999.org/Ton_Po%27s_Bo_Stick_of_Understanding

Kevynne
02-26-2013, 12:53 AM
Those gm event only ranger legs... Wtf where they called.

Only one on server

Ele
02-26-2013, 01:12 AM
Thought there were two on P99 Blue? http://wiki.project1999.org/Ton_Po%27s_Bo_Stick_of_Understanding

Only one owned by Perun. Server legitimacy compromised. Patched out of Trak's loot table soon after it dropped.

Ele
02-26-2013, 01:12 AM

Only one on server

Petrified Bark Leggings?

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=1357

Kevynne
02-26-2013, 01:22 AM
Ya those.

Peekae
02-26-2013, 01:25 AM
iksar egg illusion clicky also rare / gm event item I believe

http://wiki.project1999.org/Iksar_Egg

Calabee
02-26-2013, 01:39 AM
wtf what's with the year and a half bump, i saw vonkaar's posting and thought he was back.. fellow gameless player <3

SyanideGas
02-26-2013, 02:22 AM
Oakwynd!

Alarti0001
02-26-2013, 02:25 AM
I didnt see Ancient Shissar Gaunts listed.

quido
02-26-2013, 02:39 AM
http://wiki.project1999.org/Sewn_Hide_Shawl

I have one of these from an event and have never seen anyone else with one. Was pretty nice before sky shoulders, but at this point the only thing they have going for them are possibly being one-of-a-kind here.

Tecmos Deception
02-26-2013, 09:23 AM
http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Glimmer_Ring

Holy.

Fuck.

And it's not even no-drop.

Byrjun
02-26-2013, 01:03 PM

Only one on server

There was a GM event a long time ago where a bunch of those dropped, people were even auctioning them for awhile and they weren't even that expensive.

Cryosilk Robe: only 4 dropped and none of the people who got one still play.

Versus
02-26-2013, 02:04 PM
http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Glimmer_Ring

Holy.

Fuck.

And it's not even no-drop.

What is the buy back cost?!?!??!

galvaunis
02-26-2013, 02:08 PM
What is the buy back cost?!?!??!

doesn't show charges, so... unlimited?