PDA

View Full Version : Salute to Uthgaard

Tewaz
09-01-2011, 11:36 PM
Uthgaard was a good guy. He had a no nonsense attitude, and I think he was a good cop. I for one will miss him and it makes me sad that when this great revelation of nefarious practices comes about, the proven ban hammer of Uth isn't around to finish its wonderful work.

You will be missed. I hope someone that is as much a hard ass rises up to replace you.

Tyen01
09-01-2011, 11:39 PM
He needs to make a pvp server right now.

I will shit my pants and declare him victor of emu forever

Vohl
Thanks for all your hard work and dedication to this project, Uthgaard.

Nivar Quartz
Sucks to see ya go Uth...thanks for all your hard work and countless hours spent! and go to the hospital the next time your in a car wreck!

Atira
09-01-2011, 11:42 PM
Kudos.

Nuggie
09-01-2011, 11:42 PM
:confused: but why?

Slave
09-01-2011, 11:47 PM
You shouldn't speak ill of the departed... it's a classy exit for a good cause.

sellawiz
09-01-2011, 11:49 PM
Thanks Uthgaard, ;(

Humerox
09-01-2011, 11:55 PM
After what I just read...Uthgaard, you have more integrity and balls than 99% of the people on here will ever know.

You need to calm down and take your happy ass right back in. Politics are a hard game to play, and you learn what you can do, what you can't, and eventually you end up realizing you made a difference.

I always liked you, but my respect for your ideology has gone up like 1000%. There are ways and ways of doing things, bro.

Peace.

visage
09-02-2011, 01:23 AM
Uthgaard was the shit. He did more good for the server than any gm this emu ever had. I understand why he is leaving. Which shows Uthgaard takes no shit and is willing to walk away from something he feels strongly about. Now if only the players did the same thing and overturned some heads.

SyanideGas
09-02-2011, 01:24 AM
Uthgaard was a good guy. He had a no nonsense attitude, and I think he was a good cop. I for one will miss him and it makes me sad that when this great revelation of nefarious practices comes about, the proven ban hammer of Uth isn't around to finish its wonderful work.

You will be missed. I hope someone that is as much a hard ass rises up to replace you.

Amen bro.

Hasbinbad
09-02-2011, 01:30 AM
Uthgaard was a dick, and all you people are liars.

That being said, I love you Uth. Come back soon.

Humerox
09-02-2011, 01:32 AM
Love-hate relationships are the best.

Smyd
09-02-2011, 01:36 AM
Gone for now, but not for good! :)

Uthgaard, I appreciate the work you did... politics such as these generally get the best of us, but take a break, and come back in your own capacity, even as a normal player and look me up... need some decent blokes to group with!

I kiss you.

RandySlopeJr
09-02-2011, 01:37 AM
Thank you Uthgaard for being a very active GM and giving me hell all the time.I hope you join PvP if it happen, I would be honored to be the first sob to gank you.(lol) Thanks again..

Ennoia
09-02-2011, 01:44 AM
Uthgaard will be back with a fiery vengeance like the hammer-wielding superhero P99 is going to need after the corruption really starts hurting the server.

http://breadmasterlee.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/banhammer.jpg

central scrutinizer
09-02-2011, 03:11 AM
I dont know anything about the gm's except that one helped me out of a wall and was nice and helped me much faster then on live. But apparently this guy made the boats here?
I love the boats. Some of the most fun I have had on this server so far was going off travelling, vaguely remember where I am going but not really, and vaguely remembering that I am heading deep into dangerous lands, constantly watching the horizon and hoping to glimpse anything that would help rattle my memory. And seeing a kos that I had forgotten about at the last moment and bailing out to save myself and hiding and waiting, hoping that the connecting boat would come before my invs wore off.

Travelling would not have been near as much fun with just some teleporter taking the place of the boats so thanks for those.

beowulf420
09-02-2011, 03:28 AM
You will be missed, uth....Thanks for helping me on a number of occasions and for the countless (thankless) hours you dedicated to this project. GL with whatever you do irl, carpe diem.

Halfelfbard
09-02-2011, 03:34 AM
Got me a text about this. So uhh..yeah Uthgaard had nuts, big nuts draggin on the ground ya digg?

Uth my man, get hammered kick a small screaming child (p99 kiddies) and hell do a few lines. Then come back and jus chill, i mean this is better than TV.

Peace out Uthgaard.

Ezuen
09-02-2011, 03:41 AM
Uthgaard: Fixed Unfired Cake Round combine
Uthgaard: Fizzle rates should be more appropriate
Uthgaard: Pained Soul PH will no longer path
Uthgaard: droga, nurga, and kurn are once again self-bindable
Uthgaard: Added dropped rune research combine for Ice Comet
Uthgaard: Added Jolt, Harvest and Breeze to vendors
Uthgaard: Fixed the Belt Pouch Leala Swiftarrow was selling
Uthgaard: Fixed the Water Flask Maigin Greyeagle was selling
Uthgaard: Fixed factions in sebilis
Uthgaard: Sebilis myconids and golems should have more accurate magic resist
Uthgaard: Siblisian Berserker Cloak should be more likely to be seen in game. The rarity of the drop was not affected, but the chance to see one instead of a Stormwood Battle Staff was updated by taking the ratio of recorded staff drops to cloaks (very slight), and kor shamans were underrepresented in the spawn table due to a smaller level range
Uthgaard: Cleaned up leftover spawngroups in sebilis, placed missing levels of dar ghoul knights, spectral harbingers and spectral commanders on spawngroups
Uthgaard: Increased gem lootdrops on scarabs
Uthgaard: Fixed a clockwork rogue's merchant list
Uthgaard: The mobs in Mistmoore will now look like they used to in classic
Uthgaard: Magician Phantom Armor series has had its health regen component added
Uthgaard: Treeform, Spirit of Oak, and Illusion: Tree now hinder movement the same way as Minor Illusion, and won't break on direct damage from spells (like manastone)
Uthgaard: Celestial Elixir's Poison and Disease Counter components have been removed, heal per tick amount increased to 300.
Uthgaard: Cessation of the Blood name changed to Cessation of Cor
Uthgaard: Rewrote Harbinger Glosk's Script
Uthgaard: Added aggro text to Martar & Karg IceBear, and mobs in MistmooreUthgaard: Regen removed from Robe of Living Fungus
Uthgaard/Kanras: Classic discipline reuse timers.
Uthgaard/Kanras: Lots of work on classic discipline functionality.
Uthgaard/Kanras: Removed velious disciplines.
Uthgaard/Kanras: Fix for formula 120 spells (Soul Bond, Calimony)
Uthgaard: Clump of dough will only combine in a mixing bowl.
Uthgaard: Trakanon is a 3 day spawn.
Uthgaard: Moved Niv's Melody of Preservation particle effect to the soundless system
Uthgaard: Fixed a typo in Shadowbond that was causing the spell's recourse to give -125 charisma instead of -125 hp per tick
Uthgaard: Fixed a typo in Inspire Fear
Uthgaard: Implemented quest for the Glaive of Marltek, added flavor text to the drolvarg scavenger
Uthgaard: Scavenger will only spawn in the correct location and will be appropriately rare.
Uthgaard: Cleaned up spawngroups significantly throughout the Firiona Vie, added missing levels to npcs, added factions to venomous lampreys
Uthgaard: a goblin thief in warsliks woods will now drop the four poem pages
Uthgaard: Froglok Raiders in swamp of no hope will now drop the tome binder and the correct 9 pages
Uthgaard: Corrected drop rate for tiny glowing skulls
Uthgaard: Added correct warslikswood Rogue Shaman spawn point and loot, fixed spawngroups for iksar bandits and brigands
Uthgaard: Shrunken Goblin Skull Earring requires level 15 to cast
Uthgaard: Fixed Merchant list for Gaffin Deeppockets
Uthgaard: Reverted Knuckle Dusters icon to classic appearance
Uthgaard: Removed Burning Affliction focus from The Skull of Torture
Uthgaard: Egg Shaped Pumice buyback price reverted to classic
Uthgaard: Polished Obsidian Great Axe and Glaive of Marltek procs will calculate at the wielder's level
Uthgaard: Corrected Drake Mountainstorm's inventory
Uthgaard: Reverted all closed books to classic appearance
Uthgaard: Corrected Xalgozian Fang lootdrops
Uthgaard: Spell: Reckoning will now drop
Uthgaard: Lord Lyfyx of Burwood will now drop Dragon Scales (Xyfyl)
Uthgaard: Spell: Conjure Corpse no longer displays SHD as a usable class
Uthgaard: DB Overhaul & Research drops revised worldwide, all research items should drop now
Uthgaard/Kanras: Fix for CoTH & Others Requiring group members to target and also not needing LOS
Uthgaard: Raised Level Cap for Crission's Pixie Strike to 55
Uthgaard: Fixed Seafury Gem Loot
Uthgaard: Added Cudgel Quest to Mystic Dovan's script
Uthgaard: Fixed a typo in War Baron Eator's script
Uthgaard: Made Gift of Pure Thought enc lvl 59
Uthgaard: Made Boon of the Clear Mind enc lvl 54
Uthgaard: Made Clarity II enc lvl 52
Uthgaard: Corrected Icon for Dementia
Uthgaard: Naltron's Mark will consume a Peridot
Uthgaard: Negative resist mods added back to swarm, splurt, and bloodboiling dots
Uthgaard: Increased hate generated from the following spells: Ykesha, Obsidian Shatter, Siphon, Envenomed Breath (shm/nec: cope, all poison/disease counter spells are going up soon)
Uthgaard: Winged Death flagged dotstackingexempt. Test it and report any bugs.
Uthgaard: Chancellor drop rate set to 100%, missed that when I doubled the respawn time
Uthgaard: Melodious Truncheon changed from IT10601 to IT21
Uthgaard: Young Ronin will now drop the torn sash 100% of the time
Uthgaard: Brusco's Bombastic Bellow will no longer require an instrument to play
Uthgaard: Fixed a typo on Cannibalize II castonother emote text
Uthgaard: Fixed a typo on Pacify duration
Uthgaard: Moved Hymn of Restoration's particle effect to the soundless system
Uthgaard: Removed faction requirements from penance quests
Uthgaard: Disease Cloud aggro component is in now the correct field in the db
Uthgaard-Spells-Memory Blur won't resist
Uthgaard-Spells-Malise/Major Shielding stacking issue fixed
Uthgaard-Spells-Illusion: Troll stacking issue fixed
Uthgaard-Spells-Slows fixed
Uthgaard-Spells-Solon's Bewitching Bravura reduced to 3 ticks
Uthgaard-DB-Haste percentages removed from display and replaced with Effect: Haste (Worn). Haste values remain unchanged.
Uthgaard-Spells-Fixed stacking issues on necromancer heal over times
Uthgaard-Spells-Purifying Rhythms should no longer stack with Psalm of Purity and Psalm of Vitality
Uthgaard-DB-Terror Forged Mask reverted to fear effect
Uthgaard-DB-Chancellor of Di`Zok should have been a 4 hour spawn, and now is
Uthgaard-Scripts-Fixed a typo in Good version of Cannibalize II quest that was only rewarding the spell every 2 ochre clay, updated Evil version with correct quest text
Uthgaard: Lislia Goldtune will accept mail.
Uthgaard: No more free beer in rivervale (again)
Uthgaard: Fixed Bilge/Pyzjn
Uthgaard: Tlin Bowfright at the bar in freporte is no longer a warrior with enchanter spells and a DT.
Uthgaard: All scrolls of Instill are now scrolls of Enstill
Uthgaard: All scrolls of Leech are now scrolls of Leach
Uthgaard: Meat pie combine remade.
Uthgaard: Roror will spawn in a more predictable spot.
Uthgaard: Fixed disarm skill caps
Uthgaard: You can now levitate in crushbone
Uthgaard: Tiny Jade Inlaid Coffin is no longer stackable
Uthgaard: Unkempt preserver in sro has been replaced with a dervish cutthroat
Uthgaard: NPCs around the world are more festive. Enjoy.
Uthgaard: Rewrote Baobob and Chanda Miller's quests, they should work more smoothly
Uthgaard: Faction hits for Gunlok Jure's Bone Chip quest corrected
Uthgaard: Removed faction requirement from Linara and Tolkar Parlone
Uthgaard: Corrected typoes and removed brackets from Hibbs Rootenpaw's text
Uthgaard: Frostbite works again
Uthgaard: Langseax quests will now require kindly or better faction
Uthgaard: Datur Nightseer will now tell you whether you're an honored member of the temple if you ask him.
Uthgaard: The quest for the Chalice of Conquest has been implemented
Uthgaard: Experience reward for Corrupt Guard Bracers reduced
Uthgaard: The Fabulous 4 now have accurate loot tables, faction tables, dialogue and respawn times.
Uthgaard: PaladinsofUnderfoot faction implemented, Dru Razbind is now its sole member
Uthgaard: Priestess Ghalea now requires kindly or better to reward the Soil of Underfoot
Uthgaard: Orcs in Dagnor's Cauldron are now spawning correctly, dropping the correct items, on the correct faction, and have unique flavor text
Uthgaard: Added more Unkempt Preservers
Uthgaard: The guards of North Ro, East and West Commons will now attack spiders
Uthgaard: Removed Deep Fungus Mold and Distilled Spirits from vendors
Uthgaard: Removed Mullet and Dwarf Pickles from Gartona
Uthgaard: Brenzl McMannus is in the right building for the time period
Uthgaard: Added grapes to all of the appropriate vendors in North and South Qeynos
Uthgaard: Murissa Sandwhisper is now on DervishCutthroats faction, and no longer has her own faction
Uthgaard: Evin and Lisvan X`Lottl are now members of The Spurned
Uthgaard: Dvis Zexus is now a member of the Dark Bargainers
Uthgaard: Razran F`Lok is now a member of The Dead
Uthgaard: Baobob Miller is now on KaranaResidents
Uthgaard: Erudite Traveler is now a closet Dark Elf
Uthgaard: Will sappers, pillagers, and ravishers in Mistmoore will now proc Fatigue Drain
Uthgaard: Orc Oracles will now drop the correct illegible scroll, and orc apprentices will now drop the illegible cantrip
Uthgaard: Potion of the Bone Field combine is removed until Kunark
Uthgaard: Quests for the illegible scrolls and cantrips added
Uthgaard: McNeal Jocub will have less obnoxious pathing
Uthgaard: Rewrote Captain Hazran. Handing in deathfist slashed belts will no longer fail for any reason
Uthgaard: NPC spellcasting AI has been redesigned. NPCs should make smarter spell choices, and it should more closely resemble classic. In addition:
Uthgaard: NPCs will now use the Fear2 series of spells, instead of the normal Fear series
Uthgaard: NPCs will no longer cast Kunark or Velious spells
Uthgaard: NPCs will no longer use targetted aoe spells, but have gained point blank aoes to compensate, until line of sight requirements are fixed
Uthgaard: Steamfont watchmen, Guards Gruilka & Shiznak on 6min repop
Uthgaard: Level 30 Guard Valon no longer thinks he's a decaying skeleton
Uthgaard: Abandoned Orc Shovel is available for pickup: Rangers rejoice
Uthgaard: Young plains cats in ecommons are now on the correct faction, and will be attacked by guards
Uthgaard: Corrected name on "an_island_goblin_headhunte"
Uthgaard: Frostbite now barks, instead of speaking.
Uthgaard: Fixed an error in the Innoruuk Disciple Quest
Uthgaard: Captain Ashlan in highpass will no longer be so picky about what he will respond to
Uthgaard: Khrix changed to accept Greater Lightstone instead of Fire Beetle Eye; quest text updated to reflect this
Uthgaard: Khrix_Abomination now on UnrestInhabitants faction, and will no longer flee at low health
Uthgaard: Falchion of the Koada`Vie quest now works
Uthgaard: Linara and Tolkar Parlone's family uses new stationery, old notes will no longer work; in addition, you need to be at least amiable to do the quest
Uthgaard: Linara Parlone will now be on KeepersoftheArt faction, priest of Najena rarity adjusted appropriately
Uthgaard: All fletched bows should now yield the correct stats
Uthgaard: All fletched bows should re-string correctly, and re-stringing should be impossible to fail
Uthgaard: Wrath of Al'Kabor Scroll renamed to Wrath of Ap'Sagor. It will still scribe as Wrath of Al'Kabor and is otherwise unchanged
Uthgaard: Research completely overhauled: All trivials fixed; all combines correct and functional; all combines produce the correct versions of the correct spells
Uthgaard: Research vendors around the world have been added or had their inventories fixed
Uthgaard: Concordance of Research combines have been implemented
Uthgaard: An Old Silver Coin in Ak'Anon is now in the correct location
Uthgaard: Factions have been added to many NPCs in Neriak
Uthgaard: Degarran Kixl is now a Shadowknight
Uthgaard: King Tranix is now a Shadowknight
Uthgaard: Lava Basilisks in Lavastorm will no longer drop rusty daggers, and will now drop eggs more frequently
Uthgaard: Lendel Deeppockets, Heber Druneny, Bouncer Bigboot and Bouncer Bogglebin are now on the Deeppockets faction with the rest of their guild
Uthgaard: Injured Polar Bear now exists, and is the sole source of the Barbarian Hunting Spear, which is now equippable in the ranged slot
Uthgaard: Wolves and bears in Permafrost will now drop appropriate pelts and meat; Wolves will no longer drop Mark of Anthem
Uthgaard: Blighted Skullcap will now display if showhelm is enabled
Uthgaard: Traps will register as traps that can be sensed and disarmed, although disarm won't halt the trap yet
Uthgaard: Guards Fernaldo and Carnita in Rathe Mountains are now fully resistant to spells
Uthgaard: One Lomarc in South Qeynos was replaced with Den Magason
Uthgaard: Quests "Blank Scrolls" and "The Package" fixed
Uthgaard: Fixed a lot of newbie notes
Uthgaard: The members of Order of Three are now on OrderofThree faction
Uthgaard: Eldreth is now level 49, tuned appropriately, and removed
Uthgaard: Players should be much less likely to be attacked by sharks while on the boat in erudin, or fall off of any boat
Uthgaard: Marshall Ghobber will now check the correct faction to see if you are one with the wall
Uthgaard: The following guards are now on a 6 minute respawn timer: The guards of the Karanas, the Deputies of Misty Thicket, the Bouncers of Feerrott, da Bashers of Innothule, Guards Colin & Valon
Uthgaard: Experience rewards for corrupt guard bracers increased; experience rewards for both steps of Fabian's Lute Strings reduced
Uthgaard: Ssynthi is a shadowed man again, there are no shadowed women. Faction requirement corrected.
Uthgaard: Pets will no longer flee.
Uthgaard: Added Spriket to vendor Bom Knotwood
Uthgaard: Added Level 45 Smuggler to patrol the smuggler's den in highpass
Uthgaard: Fixed unfired deities
Uthgaard: Made non-classic tradeskill items NO-RENT
Uthgaard: Plains Pebbles are no longer stackable
Uthgaard: Price of Ruby increased to 131p2g4s9c
Uthgaard: Rebby Willend and Janam Rekish primary faction changed from Freeport Militia to Coalition of Tradesfolk Underground
Uthgaard: Amber in North Freeport primary faction changed from Merchants of Qeynos to Coalition of Tradesfolk
Uthgaard: Added conspiracy to nerf Cat o' Nine Tails

I'm sure I missed a ton too.

Bubbles
09-02-2011, 03:43 AM
/salute.

He was one of the good ones. He hated us all equally, and his love for the project was unparalleled You couldn't ask anything more from a Dev/GM.

baub
09-02-2011, 03:44 AM
appreciate the dev work thx

Vermicelli
09-02-2011, 03:50 AM
I will miss the GM events :(

mitic
09-02-2011, 04:13 AM
uthgaard failed with his arrogant behaviour as a gm but i do respect all his coding he did for p99

gms have already enough power to police a server, they dont need to show it off

all in all iam glad he is gone.

visage
09-02-2011, 04:32 AM
uthgaard failed with his arrogant behaviour as a gm but i do respect all his coding he did for p99

gms have already enough power to police a server, they dont need to show it off

all in all iam glad he is gone.

Seriusly? God I wish he was twice as harder on people. It's statements like this you wonder why Uthgaard was the shit. The majority of the asshats he has to deal with have rude shit to say let alone are just plain stupid. This server is free , having a person like Uthgaard helped. If he was one of the Soe type gm's they wouldn't cater to the bullshit that is said, and shown on this server.

mitic
09-02-2011, 04:47 AM
being rude shows how insecure someone is

you can perfectly get the same things done in a civilized manner

Daldolma
09-02-2011, 04:55 AM
Have only really needed GM help once, and Uthgaard helped me when I did. Was a bit paranoid and a bit rude, but the bottom line is that he helped me -- and within about 10 minutes, at that. At the end of the day, I don't think you should judge GMs on their charisma. If I want an EQ pal, I can pick from the community. Uth was responsive and did his best to fix problems. I've heard some rough stories about him, but I'd grade my only interaction as a definite positive. Thanks for everything Uthgaard, and good luck with whatever comes next.

Autotune
09-02-2011, 05:34 AM
being rude shows how insecure someone is

you can perfectly get the same things done in a civilized manner

SoE Gms got paid to deal with idiots.

Uthgaard didn't. I'm honestly amazed he was able to hang around as long as he did doing what he had to do.

You ever work at a grocery store in high school? or some other shitty job dealing with the public? If you had, you'd know the shit sucks.

Till this day i'll never deal with the public again when it comes to having to work, they are all fucking idiot selfish scumbags.

Like most of you.

/salute Uthgaard for all you did man.

Runningfish
09-02-2011, 05:53 AM
You will be missed.. had a ton of fun on the GM events you threw.

lethdar
09-02-2011, 05:58 AM
Uthgaard made p99 what it was, without him it will not be the same

Alkorin
09-02-2011, 06:21 AM
His was a thankless job, and in the end, doubly so. Sorry to see you go, Uth. I hope someone steps up to fill your shoes soon, for the good of those of us that don't treat this place like our own personal sandbox.

hotstud
09-02-2011, 06:26 AM
Even though I quit playing P99 because of Uthgaard and will be coming back now that he's gone, he still contributed a lot to the game and community. Thanks for the time you put in Uthgaard. Hope you had fun GMing and developing and will look back on the experience with positive memories.

nymphloa
09-02-2011, 06:57 AM
I know that alot of people did not like Uthgaards attitude, but I prefer people who are truthfull and speak there mind, because I do that myself...when it comes to a thankless job like his was that no nonsese attitude to just what we needed.

I wish you all the best in the future mate, and you made it very clear by stating that where these cheaters and hackers are concerned you are pissing against the wind! suspension will never detere them.

Perma ban! and IP ban for anyone that uses 3rd party programs! enough is enough!

Peace,

Minalia
09-02-2011, 07:43 AM
You people claim to want a classic experience yet you cry when you're banned for third party applications? What do you think verant and sony would have done? KA-BANNED! STFU and stop cheating imo. Classic experience indeed... I don't recall these third party apps existing in 1999 but that's just me.

Uthgaard, may you live forever!

bakkily
09-02-2011, 07:49 AM
sadly everyone thinks the server is acting like this now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHYOotx_0AQ

and yes if you enjoy mastodon, buy the new album ! =} enjoy, dont go enter this into your url if you dont understand/enjoy heavy sludge metel

mitic
09-02-2011, 07:59 AM
SoE Gms got paid to deal with idiots.

Uthgaard didn't. I'm honestly amazed he was able to hang around as long as he did doing what he had to do.

You ever work at a grocery store in high school? or some other shitty job dealing with the public? If you had, you'd know the shit sucks.

Till this day i'll never deal with the public again when it comes to having to work, they are all fucking idiot selfish scumbags.

Like most of you.

/salute Uthgaard for all you did man.

you miss one point in all of the above. he wasnt forced to do this "job"

Extunarian
09-02-2011, 08:04 AM
He hated us all equally, and his love for the project was unparalleled.

Yep. Hope he comes back.

Labyrrinth
09-02-2011, 08:18 AM
You will be missed Uthgaard :( Thank you for all your hard work and help. It was very much appreciated.

Appollo
09-02-2011, 08:40 AM
Sometimes you need to rule with an iron fist. Some say he let his emotions get the best of him and cloud his judgment, some say he was too harsh, some say he played favorites.

To those in turn I say: (1) who doesn't let their emotions get the best of them at times? In fact, it's our emotions that make us unique. Uthgaard's unique way of handling situations made him capable of keeping the server in check. What some see as a flaw I see as an attribute. (2) The server needed his harsh persona and way of dealing with issues. (3) And, it is human nature to like one more than another. I fail to see how anyone can list off the qualities of a fictitious "reasonable man" and hope to actually have someone achieve those altruistic and unreasonable attributes.

Of course he wasn't perfect. Nevertheless, he was perfect for this server and will be missed. He made a difference and for those of you who do not appreciate that and do not realize that the community will be left wanting are blind and fail to see the forest for the trees.

Striiker
09-02-2011, 08:41 AM
I looked around and could't find any official word. Why is Uthgaard leaving?

Deadmantis
09-02-2011, 08:55 AM
In the few months I've been playing here I got to see Uthgaard hosting several GM events as well as the occasional trivia contest. I've also seen him rezzing people who died because of server crashes. Seemed like an active GM trying to make the server a fun place to play.

As far as him playing favorites or being a douchebag or anything else that some people are claiming, I wouldn't know and I don't care. We aren't paying for this and he wasn't getting paid. I am assuming he was here for the love of the game, I mean isn't that why we are here? yet he had to deal with whiners, cheaters, and bullshit on a regular basis.

Hate to see him go, but I don't blame him for leaving.

Messianic
09-02-2011, 08:57 AM
It's a sign of insecurity and arrogance to pay more attention to form as opposed to substance.

Call Uth an ass if you like - but the substantial benefit he was to the server was far more valuable than the petty emotional instability of those who couldn't take a few harsh words.

nymphloa
09-02-2011, 08:59 AM
I looked around and could't find any official word. Why is Uthgaard leaving?

I can only go by what he said on the serverwide message that he did as he announced his resignation.

"That he is pissing against the Political wind where controlling and trying to punish the guilty people that have and that continue to use 3rd party programs to give themselves the benifit over those of us that plat PLAY I MEAN PLAY! its all I think about! fairly. His hands are tied where handing out the correct punishment is concerned, and it seems pointless to continue to try and Police something when he has no power to act."

That is not word for word please understand, but its what he was on about.

Peace,

Mriswithe
09-02-2011, 09:05 AM
Does anyone have a log of what was said? I would be interested to read what he said verbatim.

Mriswithe

Messianic
09-02-2011, 09:21 AM
In the few months I've been playing here I got to see Uthgaard hosting several GM events as well as the occasional trivia contest. I've also seen him rezzing people who died because of server crashes. Seemed like an active GM trying to make the server a fun place to play.

As far as him playing favorites or being a douchebag or anything else that some people are claiming, I wouldn't know and I don't care. We aren't paying for this and he wasn't getting paid. I am assuming he was here for the love of the game, I mean isn't that why we are here? yet he had to deal with whiners, cheaters, and bullshit on a regular basis.

Hate to see him go, but I don't blame him for leaving.

I hear he called someone a poopoo head when he banned them and their feelings were hurt, what a worthless gm right

Felwithemagi
09-02-2011, 09:44 AM
Agreed, would like to know the actual reason he left. Didn't know Uth but he seemed to do a lot, but also seemed to rub people the wrong way, for good or bad.

Conky
09-02-2011, 09:54 AM
I know for me, I play by the rules, I treat everyone I come across with respect and in the couple times ive dealt with Uthgaard in my 1+ year on this server I never had any issues and he was fair and treated me with respect.

Mezzmur
09-02-2011, 09:56 AM
Agreed, would like to know the actual reason he left. Didn't know Uth but he seemed to do a lot, but also seemed to rub people the wrong way, for good or bad.

He left because of the dev/gm corruption & favoritism. My *understanding* is that people banned for cheating have been unbanned for no penalty, but none of the other GMs/devs are coming out and saying it. I'm sure that they will claim that they weren't cheating and they've just been on vacation. Anyway, for a direct quote, goto RNF.

Vonkaar
09-02-2011, 09:57 AM
The server is taking a massive hit by losing its 'bad cop.' He had a tough job to do and put up with a LOT of whining and bullshit. He did this for much longer than I ever could have. The duties of a GM on this server are thankless at best and downright bullshitty drama on average. So, I thank you Uthgaard for sticking around as long as you did.

That said, I think that this all reeks of a GM sex scandal. Just throwing that out there.

Kruel
09-02-2011, 10:06 AM
Uthgaard indeed helped get this server to the point it is at right now. Although not paid, he is here to help and has a certain amount of authority over certain people. This is similiar to a job or a workplace enviroment because the "staff" wants to appear professional. Also there is a ladder of this authority that ends at nilbog and or rogean. Uthgaard is similiar to an employee that brings allot to a workplace and is kinda the backbone of that work place. BUT what happens when that employee over steps what he conciders his "authority". As a boss or a person "in charge" of this server you need to set him straight and remind him that you are indeed in charge of this. Uthgaard simply raged when he did not get the results he wanted. It is similiar to a employee running around and telling the customers (players) about how unfair there policies are. When you think about it from a perfessional standpoint... how much respect would you have for that employee after they raged and left you in the dust? Uthgaard is a GREAT dev. Uthgaard isnt a good GM. I dont understand why Uthgaard doesnt step back and do what he is GREAT at. Develop the server and enjoy playing it. He doesnt have to be the police, he just likes the authority of it imo.

I also saw on one of the posts in R&F that a member of TMO (think it was jjlent - check the post) said he saw the logs of the converstation between uthgaard and whomever that caused him to quit. So Uthgaard raged when he quit, then leakd the converstation he had with the staff imediately? If i am wrong by believing that then i am wrong.

Ennoia
09-02-2011, 10:08 AM
Join Team Uthgaard and fight the good fight!

P99Millertime
09-02-2011, 10:22 AM
sad day indeed, Team UTH

Mcbard
09-02-2011, 10:40 AM
You will be missed Uthgaard :( Thank you for all your hard work and help. It was very much appreciated.

Dunes
09-02-2011, 10:41 AM
Uthgaard,

You have a good head on your shoulders, and every decision you have ever made and acted on from what ive seen has been thought through and always in the best interests of the server. For what its worth, you have always had my respect - perhaps that means nothing as one more player, but consider the value of that as person.

That said, I imagine this decision also went through your thorough process, with you weighing the pro's and con's. Ultimately, however, your loss will impact the legitimacy and transparency of the server - please atleast consider coming back, even if it is in a lesser capacity (read: less politics, more getting things done).

If not, it has been a pleasure and best of luck wherever the winds take you.

Dr4z3r
09-02-2011, 10:45 AM
For those wondering what exactly Uth broadcasted to announce his resignation:

http://i.imgur.com/wuyQx.gif

So long, Uthgaard, and thanks for all the boats.

Nirgon
09-02-2011, 10:54 AM
Think about doing his job on a regular basis just because you love EQ.

I sincerely doubt his goals were ever to destroy the server despite what many think.

He was a good (although short fused and maybe too bold) fella, you're at a loss without him. These people don't grow on trees.

Kope
09-02-2011, 12:04 PM
/sign this thread

Uth will be missed.

Malev
09-02-2011, 12:11 PM
Uthgaard: Permission to retire denied! Get back to work :)

Kope
09-02-2011, 12:22 PM
Uthgaard: Permission to retire denied! Get back to work :)

This.

We need uth to stay :(

Resil
09-02-2011, 12:52 PM
recently just joined in this server.
Not know Uthgaard and not know the reasons for leaving.

But if I see the affection that people have for he. And I hope to rectify their decision and return to your good work.
Especially for people who appreciate him and his good work done on the server

Raavak
09-02-2011, 01:01 PM
People hated Uthgaard like they hate their own father when he spanks them for playing with matches when they are 4 years old. He kept people relatively in-line and was pretty fair anytime I saw him in action. Plus all the coding... I'm gunna miss you Uth.

Artah
09-02-2011, 01:06 PM
you miss one point in all of the above. he wasnt forced to do this "job"

You miss the point of the entire thread title, don't worry you're not the only one that rides the short bus. Uthgaard have done a lot more than you can ever imagine obviously. When you start thinking about more than yourself you will realize this.

Messianic
09-02-2011, 01:09 PM
You miss the point of the entire thread title, don't worry you're not the only one that rides the short bus. Uthgaard have done a lot more than you can ever imagine obviously. When you start thinking about more than yourself you will realize this.

But he called people poopoo heads so obv it's good he's leaving

RandySlopeJr
09-02-2011, 01:17 PM
But he called people poopoo heads so obv it's good he's leaving

Get off the forum you dumbass noob...

Messianic
09-02-2011, 01:19 PM
Get off the forum you dumbass noob...

Wrong forum brah...take it to the correct one

RandySlopeJr
09-02-2011, 01:21 PM
Wrong forum brah...take it to the correct one

you mad noob?

vageta31
09-02-2011, 01:55 PM
you mad noob?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_lMHdYVxOlEI/S-1nqCq2AcI/AAAAAAAABMg/BG3EfctfiK4/s1600/KettleCallingPotBlack.jpg

Tewaz
09-02-2011, 02:09 PM
Randy slope banned? News at 5.

Planet
09-02-2011, 02:13 PM

really was he banned?

Tarathiel
09-02-2011, 02:16 PM
Sad to see ya go uth, your gm events were the best. You did your best to keep to the server fair and to never cow to whiny bitches. Your legacy will live on.

Autotune
09-02-2011, 02:38 PM

so glad you said this, he has been on my ignore for awhile.

I would have never even known.

mwatt
09-02-2011, 06:15 PM
One of the qualities that characterized Uuthgard's actions and speech during his tenor here was intolerance. He was intolerant of BS from players, perhaps to othe point of being a little TOO intolerant at times. At least, I thought that he could have improved on his delivery on a few occasions.

One can easily see this aspect of his character in his resignation. He simply won't put up with what he judges to be BS. It is his right to act in this manner, be it "right" or "wrong". I wish him good luck in future endeavors. I would also, as one human to another, advise him to know himself. If unchecked, I can see how this aspect of his character, which is in some scenarios a great strength, could also be detrimental to his own trek through this world in other scenarios.

Mardur
09-02-2011, 06:55 PM
I hated Uthgaard at first, but after awhile he grew on me. A lot. Pretty disappointed he left, even though I don't play on P99 anymore. Was there any sort of official announcement? This thread is the first I've heard of it.

Pringles
09-02-2011, 07:27 PM
I dont know the guy all that well, but my personal observation is this:

Thankless jobs turn people bitter, especially when that thankless job is combined with self entitled assholes.

My observation is that he loved EQ, and loved this server - but the populous drove him to insane so he threw in the towel.

Maybe I'm wrong, but either way - thanks for all you did for us Uthgaard.

Xevin
09-02-2011, 07:38 PM
Uthgaard,

Even though I never met you, I'm gonna miss you. This server would not be what it is today without all you have done.

As a noobie to P99 I recall being shocked and disturbed by how easily you would ban accounts. I was afraid to /petition for fear of the ban on many occasions. Soon I realized that there were asshats and trolls on these forums and on the server. It was these people that you focused all your hate and disgust towards. I was surprised they had the patience to even play this game, but your bans did away with what few remained. Thank you for caring enough to be the "bad guy" and kick these people. It made it all the more awesome that you seemed to enjoy it so much!

I'm going to miss your server-wide messages the most. I have never laughed so hard hearing only one side of a conversation. Thank you for that.

The cheaters and fuckwads that dared leeched on the life of this server cowered in fear of your ban hammer and you should be proud of that. No other GM in all of gaming history has ever struck terror in the hearts of trolls and asshats like you could. These 365 cheaters were just too dumb to realize that in the end, Uthgaard always wins. I was surprised that you showed them ANY kind of mercy. You are the God of Judgement and your weapon is the Grand Ban Hammer.

Although you have gone, your legend lives on. Someday you will return and ban all the motherfuckers that dared to cross you. In your mind, they are already banned...

Paumad
09-02-2011, 07:50 PM
I was surprised that you showed them ANY kind of mercy.
He wouldn't have, had the choice been only his to make. Sad to see you go Uthgaard, after all your hard work. You were mean but you were clean <3

Jjlent
09-02-2011, 09:55 PM
So sorry that it came to this Uth, always thought you were an awesome GM and a good guy. Sucks that cheaters made you think there was no integrity left, you will most definitely be missed bro. Good luck in wherever life takes you.

Jjlent - 60 Monk
Blane - 57 Necro

Asedo
09-03-2011, 01:26 AM
As much as i didn't agree with some of Uthgaard's decisions i respect him for all he has done. He will be missed. He helped bring this server to where it is and would love to have him bring it to the next level. Consider coming back after you take a break from all the Bullshit. Sometimes it is best to step back for a moment to collect yourself.

kontotilsalg
09-03-2011, 08:58 AM
best GM i ever met in this game... and that includes 10 years of eqlive.

I liked that he had a bit of attitude, it meant you didnt ask for too many too stupid things, but once there was a real issue he was right there and fixed it fast.

I was disappointed that the 365 players that cheated and got caught didnt get banned right away, but if you have the tools to take em down so easy, then they ll think twice before doing it again... and isnt that what policing is about ? preventing crime.

Take care out there, you ll be missed on this server, no disrespect to the current staff.

Vondra
09-03-2011, 09:53 AM
I've never talked to him but he seemed to be a very useful part of the team. Sorry that he left.

Quizy
09-03-2011, 09:54 AM
Salute!

SyanideGas
09-03-2011, 08:02 PM
Uthgaard was the shit. He did more good for the server than any gm this emu ever had. I understand why he is leaving. Which shows Uthgaard takes no shit and is willing to walk away from something he feels strongly about. Now if only the players did the same thing and overturned some heads.

Amen bro.

Dirtnap
09-04-2011, 01:09 PM
I read the convo between Uth and Nilbog, Uth seems like an arrogant prick TBH - I've dealt with him as a gm and he was the same then. I'm sure he did a lot of good things and was very active but by reading that conversation he clearly takes this shit far too serious, props to Nilbog for staying classy.

Classy? As far as i could tell, Uthgaard was looking out for the server, and beating his head against the wall trying to prove what everyone already knew.

Diggles
09-04-2011, 02:53 PM
Free Uthgaard!

PureLo
09-04-2011, 03:03 PM
So far without Uthgaard i have noticed cheaters and scrubs run rampant once again making it their own little world of grief and nubbery.

Plus i imagine there will be a lack of GM events now that the person who usually organized them is gone.

Nobody is perfect, but Uthgaard did more correct than incorrect during his time here from what i've personally noticed over his time.

Swishahouse
09-04-2011, 03:07 PM
So far without Uthgaard i have noticed cheaters and scrubs run rampant once again making it their own little world of grief and nubbery.

Plus i imagine there will be a lack of GM events now that the person who usually organized them is gone.

Nobody is perfect, but Uthgaard did more correct than incorrect during his time here from what i've personally noticed over his time.

QFT. A lot of people were mad because he wouldn't hold their hand and coddle them or waste a bunch of time over stupid disputes where both sides were lying to twist things their way. Those are the people that don't like Uthgaard. The majority of players like the way he did things, myself included.

Ring
09-04-2011, 03:13 PM

It's been 2 days. You've noticed a rampant increase in cheaters since he quit 2 days ago? I appreciate Uthgaard as much as the next guy but some of you people are just making shit up.

The server will be fine. And if Uthgaard ever decides to come back / resolves his issues with Nilbog, it'll be fine then too. Just play the game and stop getting caught up in the forums and all the trolling (that I sometimes contribute to) about the imminent demise of the server.

SearyxTZ
09-04-2011, 07:27 PM
I don't think players can really talk too much shit on that unless they've staffed a server before. It's rough work, and he probably just boiled over.

mitic
09-04-2011, 07:36 PM
I don't think players can really talk too much shit on that unless they've staffed a server before. It's rough work, and he probably just boiled over.

ya, easiest way is to pull the plug..... oh snap

Durison
09-04-2011, 08:24 PM
It's amazing how many people focus on the negative when there were so much more positive things that Uthgaard brought to the table.

Not only did Uthgaard help develop, but he was the best cop on this server. Not everyone likes cops, but they are here to protect the community. It's the population and health of the server that matters. I know Uthgaard played a huge role in putting an end to RMT, Duping, hacking, etc. Who is going to actively monitor these major issues that could hinder the server?

Bottomline is that project1999 will never find another volunteer contributor like Uthgaard. This was a guy who was about making things happen and moving things forward. This server took a major hit.

Uthgaard will be missed by most of the server. He took care of us, and we appreciated that.

Harrison
09-04-2011, 09:15 PM
I would get a new attorney. Everything that was about you, was on the internet from your own posts. Posting one's info on the internet, is the same thing as writing your name on the stall in a bathroom.

Then again I suppose Rogean/Nilbog could pursue charges on you for threats of server attacks.

Lets see, you threaten server with attacks (breaking the law) compared to someone reposting your info that you have on the internet. Don't be stupid. You got out easy.

Supreme threatened the server, got ownt, and is now butthurt.

This is what I got out of it.

Uthgaard shits on noobs.

Torven
09-04-2011, 09:36 PM
Ya i represented alot of harm. The fact is that you was caught as a GM wearing the Fusion guildtag and reading their guild chat. And i callled you on it. You then banned me and attempted to hide it.

Explain to me why Game Masters reading a guild's chat channel is the slightest bit wrong. Granted banning you for merely 'calling him out on it' is a bit extreme when public ridicule would suffice. I'm guessing you're leaving out some key bits of information.

Airdefier
09-04-2011, 10:06 PM
you used an illegal program. thats hurting the server.

Tux
09-04-2011, 10:39 PM
I don't know Uthgaard, and I don't follow this pixel drama enough to know any particulars. However after skimming a few of these threads it seems all the Uthgaard haters are either banned, or people claiming innocence on the grounds their exploiting cannot be "proven" like they think P99 is a court of law or something.

So considering how much the filth of this server dislikes him I can only presume Uthgaard is a good guy and his departing is a loss to the server.

citizen1080
09-05-2011, 12:10 AM
<3

Couldn't have said it better myself

It's amazing how many people focus on the negative when there were so much more positive things that Uthgaard brought to the table.

Not only did Uthgaard help develop, but he was the best cop on this server. Not everyone likes cops, but they are here to protect the community. It's the population and health of the server that matters. I know Uthgaard played a huge role in putting an end to RMT, Duping, hacking, etc. Who is going to actively monitor these major issues that could hinder the server?

Bottomline is that project1999 will never find another volunteer contributor like Uthgaard. This was a guy who was about making things happen and moving things forward. This server took a major hit.

Uthgaard will be missed by most of the server. He took care of us, and we appreciated that.

Hagglebaron
09-05-2011, 12:19 AM
<3

Couldn't have said it better myself

Exactly

Dirtnap
09-05-2011, 02:37 AM
Before all this shit happened, I thought Uthgaard was a totaly dick. I wanted to avoid him at all costs.

Now I think he might have been one of the smartest GM's Ive ever met. Your act had me fooled. I support what you did, I would have done the same thing. If i saw dirty/corrupt shit going down, I would have fought it too,

Rogean
09-05-2011, 07:53 AM
From the RnF Thread:

Closing this thread.

Uthgaard was a dedicated member of this staff, he did a huge amount of great work for this server, and I will not see his name slandered on the forums.

Positive discussions can go in the server chat forum.

This would be that thread for positive discussions. I just went through and deleted a whole bunch of negative shit. This isn't RNF. If you don't have something that is (ultimately) a positive post, don't post it... anywhere.

For all intents and purposes, consider Uthgaard still a member of this staff when it comes to the forum rules, which state that you do not insult staff members. For everything hes done for this server, he deserves that respect.

h0tr0d (shaere)
09-05-2011, 07:57 AM
Hrm I came here looking because I was told my name was mentioned in a positive manner. Guess that was negative material?

Uthgaard
09-05-2011, 08:51 AM
Roughly I said that I was proud of Taken under your leadership.

Phallax
09-05-2011, 09:52 AM
Roughly I said that I was proud of Taken under your leadership.

Shaere is an amazing leader. Wish I could actually take the time to raid with them...damn life

Anger
09-05-2011, 12:03 PM

more than Nilbog eh? you really dont know what you're talking about.

Krystallgold
09-19-2011, 06:41 AM
:eek: Uthgaard Peacekeeper !! Nooooo!!
You cannot go!
say this isn't so ... that Uthgaard is gone... :(
~~~~~~~~there can be no good of this!!
He is strong, firm, human, diligent, a gallant leader! , creative, delightful,
protector of values !

:( This saddens my heart so :(

"m'lady Goldii says Hi! "

RiffDaemon
09-19-2011, 11:25 AM
People akin to the crybabies, pissers, cheaters and moaners on this server are the reason why God doesn't talk to us anymore. So, we've lost God, Jesus, and now Uthgaard. Great job, guys; this is why we can't have nice things - y'know, like VP, for example; and pretty soon you're not going to have a server either, because your bullshit is going to cause the other volunteers to throw up their hands in disgust and ultimately pull the plug.

Let's all revel in the end of days. Feels good, man.

SyanideGas
09-19-2011, 11:36 AM
:eek: Uthgaard Peacekeeper !! Nooooo!!
You cannot go!
say this isn't so ... that Uthgaard is gone... :(
~~~~~~~~there can be no good of this!!
He is strong, firm, human, diligent, a gallant leader! , creative, delightful,
protector of values !

:( This saddens my heart so :(

"m'lady Goldii says Hi! "

This... Exact feelings

Nirgon
09-19-2011, 11:38 AM
Give Uthgaard total control on all GM (final) decisions on R99, we'll take him!