PDA

View Full Version : Bad "buyer"

Treylin
09-01-2011, 05:24 PM
I'm pretty new to the server, and I must say people on the server are incredibly helpful and kind. Having played EQ from beta to Luclin, I don't say that lightly.

That is why I was a little surprised by an experience I just had on the EC Tunnel forum. I posted a Goblin Gazughi ring for sale. One person replied to the thread (Minibaa), while another, Alex, PM'd with an offer. I replied to Alex and accepted his offer, asking for details for delivery.

So far, so good. But Alex never responded. I followed up a couple of days later, and again no response. However, a few days later Alex posted a WTS message trying to sell the exact same item. Furthermore, when I replied to his WTS posting asking about his offer to buy my item, Alex deleted the WTS listing rather than replying. So it appears he was making an offer in bad faith.

I just wanted to put out a "heads up" in case anyone has a similar experience.

And to everyone else on this server, THANK YOU for all of the kindnesses I seem to run into everytime I log in. :)

Alex
09-01-2011, 05:40 PM
I actually didn't delete that thread, I don't think players can delete their own posts/threads.

I actually posted a response trolling you and was anxiously awaiting the ensueing lulz, but for whatever reason a mod (I assume guinea pig) ruined my fun. Possibly because it was going to turn into a RnF type thread.

Dissapointing to say the least, but c'est la vie

Dirtnap
09-01-2011, 05:42 PM
I really wish I could meet all these nice people I always hear about.

Alex
09-01-2011, 05:46 PM
Oh and for the record, my offer to buy your ring was a clever ploy to get you out of the way and secure my own buyer. Now that my ring is sold, I wish you all the best selling yours.

I'll now open the floor to (hopefully) further lulz and drama, cheers!

soup
09-01-2011, 05:46 PM
I actually didn't delete that thread, I don't think players can delete their own posts/threads.

I actually posted a response trolling you and was anxiously awaiting the ensueing lulz, but for whatever reason a mod (I assume guinea pig) ruined my fun. Possibly because it was going to turn into a RnF type thread.

Dissapointing to say the least, but c'est la vie

I don't get it. You were going to troll him by offering to buy an item, then not responding and listing the same thing for sale later? That sounds terribly uninteresting.

Or is there a piece missing that would actually make it entertaining?

Alex
09-01-2011, 05:48 PM
I don't get it. You were going to troll him by offering to buy an item, then not responding and listing the same thing for sale later? That sounds terribly uninteresting.

Or is there a piece missing that would actually make it entertaining?

Lmao there's more, see my second post

Dirtnap
09-01-2011, 05:49 PM
Oh and for the record, my offer to buy your ring was a clever ploy to get you out of the way and secure my own buyer. Now that my ring is sold, I wish you all the best selling yours.

These are the kind of people I keep running into on this server. I want to play on the server with all the nice people, where can i find that?

Alex
09-01-2011, 05:52 PM
These are the kind of people I keep running into on this server. I want to play on the server with all the nice people, where can i find that?

WoW might be more your speed

purist
09-01-2011, 06:01 PM
Somebody alert Human Rights Watch to this grace injustice.

Treylin
09-01-2011, 06:14 PM

Admittedly, I am new here. But I'm wondering if I had the wrong first impression about this server. Is this "clever ploy" considered acceptable behavior on P99? Is this typical of how P99 players treat one another?

soup
09-01-2011, 06:16 PM
Admittedly, I am new here. But I'm wondering if I had the wrong first impression about this server. Is this "clever ploy" considered acceptable behavior on P99? Is this typical of how P99 players treat one another?

Nah the dude is probably a douche. The forums aren't really an accurate portrayal of the server.

mokfarg
09-01-2011, 06:16 PM
WoW might be more your speed

You bring shame to the good community EQ is. YOU should be on WoW with your crappy attitude and dirty ways. The sad thing is you post about it like you are proud of what you do.

How old are you 12?

purist
09-01-2011, 06:18 PM

it is a depredation of serious consequence and we thank you for bringing this breach of the commerce spirit to our attention

i have just e-mailed Amnesty International, Oxfam and the United Nations of this flagrant violation of international law and they assured me a detailed report on this matter is forthcoming

Alex
09-01-2011, 06:19 PM
My heinous crime was truly unforgiveable, I throw myself at the mercy of the gods!

Vohl
09-01-2011, 06:27 PM
It's not against the forum rules, but certainly in bad faith. Alex may well create other accounts to do the same thing, and others might change their minds or otherwise not follow through with item sales. Thanks for the heads up, though. I've ignored Alex in case he ever tries the same trick with me.

Alex
09-01-2011, 06:31 PM
It's not against the forum rules, but certainly in bad faith. Alex may well create other accounts to do the same thing, and others might change their minds or otherwise not follow through with item sales. Thanks for the heads up, though. I've ignored Alex in case he ever tries the same trick with me.

Thanks for the heads up on this mate, I'll take the appropriate circumventive actions should I need to deal with you in the future!

Dazen
09-01-2011, 06:32 PM

the sad truth is that most who play here are douchebags

Safon
09-01-2011, 06:32 PM
Thanks for the heads up on this mate, I'll take the appropriate circumventive actions should I need to deal with you in the future!

Lmao win

SirAlvarex
09-01-2011, 06:35 PM
Back on live, there was always that 5% of that population you had to worry about. The kind of people who don't give a rats ass about anyone else, play 10 hours a day, then when they screw you over say "WTF man, it's just a game! lulz". Unfortunately, pretty much all of that original 5% play here at some point or another. Pretty much every PM or post I've gotten about an item usually ends up with me replying, and them "going on vacation for a week". However, I have posted items in EC Tunnel and had people find me in game.

Safon
09-01-2011, 06:36 PM
Back on live, there was always that 5% of that population you had to worry about. The kind of people who don't give a rats ass about anyone else, play 10 hours a day, then when they screw you over say "WTF man, it's just a game! lulz". Unfortunately, pretty much all of that original 5% play here at some point or another. Pretty much every PM or post I've gotten about an item usually ends up with me replying, and them "going on vacation for a week". However, I have posted items in EC Tunnel and had people find me in game.

Wuss alert

Taryth
09-01-2011, 06:37 PM
ITT: people make asses of themselves trolling a newbie.

Ennoia
09-01-2011, 06:40 PM

For the most part...yea, the server is full of greedy scumbags. It only gets worse at higher levels.

Safon
09-01-2011, 06:45 PM
For the most part...yea, the server is full of greedy scumbags. It only gets worse at higher levels.

I never figured you for such a pussy ennoia, then again this crime *was* terrible. Truly an affront to the human race

SirAlvarex
09-01-2011, 06:47 PM
the sad truth is that most who play here are douchebags

Truth. (http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=47278)

Dirtnap
09-01-2011, 07:20 PM
I've been here since beta, and for the most part, this server is full of douche bag selfish people. Which is why in every single thread people talk about this nice community i always go "WHERE!? I MUST FIND THESE PEOPLE!" Now I'm not saying EVERYONE is a douche, but the majority is.

Runningfish
09-01-2011, 07:54 PM

Wow you sound like a complete dick. I hope I never ever run into you in game.

OP - Not everyone on this server is a dick, but as with anywhere in the world there is a small % of assholes. This guy must have no understanding of how to reasonably act in a social environment. Don't let him ruin your opinion of the server most of us aren't openly malicious to people we don't know.

What's even more pathetic than the person who actually did this is the rest of you defending him. I find it especially funny that Purist the man who stands so firmly against evil laughs at someone new to the server getting fucked with by an obvious douche bag. I honestly don't get it, is it this fun to be a dick to people on the forums?

Pico
09-01-2011, 07:58 PM
alex is a fag only because he uses the word lulz unironically

purist
09-01-2011, 08:16 PM
today someone made me an offer in bad faith on my dervish cutthroat ring and i started wildin' out and thought about this thread might make my own one exposing him later tonight stay tuned

Runningfish
09-01-2011, 09:06 PM
today someone made me an offer in bad faith on my dervish cutthroat ring and i started wildin' out and thought about this thread might make my own one exposing him later tonight stay tuned

Yea this thread probably didn't need to be made since nothing serious actually happened. It wouldn't have turned into what it did if Alex hadn't approached it in the way he did. People wouldn't get pissed over a lowball offer but when a player is actively trying to deceive another player to get ahead it's something to get mad about. It surprises me that you don't take as much offense to this as the people hacking.

Ihealyou
09-01-2011, 09:11 PM
ITT: people make asses of themselves trolling a newbie.

If only the forums had mods or something...

Hagglebaron
09-01-2011, 09:17 PM
Yea this thread probably didn't need to be made since nothing serious actually happened. It wouldn't have turned into what it did if Alex hadn't approached it in the way he did. People wouldn't get pissed over a lowball offer but when a player is actively trying to deceive another player to get ahead it's something to get mad about. It surprises me that you don't take as much offense to this as the people hacking.

He approached it the way he did because its what he does, troll, and once again it worked rather well. Alot of sandy vaginas up in here, which is exactly what he was looking to evoke, he even stated this on the first page.

People need to get at least some measure off thick skin around here, this was a total non-event. Oh noes he made a fake offer!

soup
09-01-2011, 09:35 PM
He approached it the way he did because its what he does, troll, and once again it worked rather well. Alot of sandy vaginas up in here, which is exactly what he was looking to evoke, he even stated this on the first page.

People need to get at least some measure off thick skin around here, this was a total non-event. Oh noes he made a fake offer!

lol, I don't think anyone is really up in arms about. Some people just pointed out it's a douchey thing to do and then carried on with life.

Also, WTB escrow services you dirty little gnome

Hagglebaron
09-01-2011, 09:37 PM
lol, I don't think anyone is really up in arms about. Some people just pointed out it's a douchey thing to do and then carried on with life.

Also, WTB escrow services you dirty little gnome

Haha anytime you need me baby

Treylin
09-01-2011, 09:45 PM
To those who asked where are the nice players: I have met many. There was the female bard in EC who gave me newbie gear. There was the wood elf in Riverdale who gave me a Sap of Piety. There was the barbarian warrior in Halas who equipped my wife's shaman. In each case, these players went out of their way to help a random newbie without being asked for anything.

To those who don't see why kindness and respect matters: You don't get it. This server will only last as long as people find others who are worth spending their spare time playing with. There are many other ways for people to spend that time. Each time you ninja loot, train, grief, cheat, or swear at another player, you are hurting the game and yourself. What is the point of having the most platinum on an empty server? Who will buy your uber item when noone is left? Who good is being level 60 when these noone to group with?

Although I admit hearing Purist whine is amusing, it isnt about us. It is the admin's I feel sorry for. They have poured countless hours into this project. They have to deal with these personalities each day. Then they have to watch as these people drive away the player base they work so hard for. And once the griefers only have each other to harrass, they move on, leaving the admin's with an empty server.

To the admins: Thank you for all of your hard work. May all of your griefers go LD and get grounded by their parents :)

Dirtnap
09-01-2011, 09:52 PM
To those who asked where are the nice players: I have met many. There was the female bard in EC who gave me newbie gear. There was the wood elf in Riverdale who gave me a Sap of Piety. There was the barbarian warrior in Halas who equipped my wife's shaman. In each case, these players went out of their way to help a random newbie without being asked for anything.

To those who don't see why kindness and respect matters: You don't get it. This server will only last as long as people find others who are worth spending their spare time playing with. There are many other ways for people to spend that time. Each time you ninja loot, train, grief, cheat, or swear at another player, you are hurting the game and yourself. What is the point of having the most platinum on an empty server? Who will buy your uber item when noone is left? Who good is being level 60 when these noone to group with?

Although I admit hearing Purist whine is amusing, it isnt about us. It is the admin's I feel sorry for. They have poured countless hours into this project. They have to deal with these personalities each day. Then they have to watch as these people drive away the player base they work so hard for. And once the griefers only have each other to harrass, they move on, leaving the admin's with an empty server.

To the admins: Thank you for all of your hard work. May all of your griefers go LD and get grounded by their parents :)

The problem with this server is that all these "Nice" people, tend to be singular acts of kindness. They aren't actually nice, its just that they did one good deed for the week.

Juugox2
09-01-2011, 10:04 PM

most ppl are cool but once you get into high end content thats when you meet the douches aleast the ones that want to camp a window for 20 hours

Baa
09-01-2011, 11:03 PM
Only thing that matters here is that Hagglebaron sold me my Goblin Gazughi Ring making me a very happy gnome!

mokfarg
09-01-2011, 11:23 PM

What is sad is these people are now much older and still do not know how to be decent to other people. It's pretty pathetic really you should feel sorry for them.

One day they will realize nothing in the game really mattered but interaction with others and the same goes for life. You take nothing with you. What does a dying man or woman want? One last moment with the ones they love.

Slave
09-01-2011, 11:36 PM
What does a dying man or woman want?

I can't speak for anyone else but mine would be "not to die." Failing that, I want my life to explode from hot sexual overload.

twizztid
09-02-2011, 12:39 AM
What a fail " prank " and way to get your own way... lol What a scheme for a 12 year old video game item to be sold with fake money. Some people really have nothing better to do lol.

cobykoby
09-02-2011, 06:52 AM
If I start acting like a dickhead, can I be one of the cool kids too?

Nedala
09-02-2011, 07:05 AM
The truth is, the people who claim the majority of the server are dicks, are dicks themselves (ennoia is a good example). Playing here since forever i have encountered 99% nice people, online (not counting interactions with rivaling guilds during raids, also not counting the boards), ever since i play here i pretty much only had good interactions. I fail to believe the people who claim everyone is a douche because i play here since a year and a half and yet only had a hand full of bad interactions.

Guess what, if the majority of the server is a dick to you, its probably your fault.

nymphloa
09-02-2011, 07:17 AM
I'm pretty new to the server, and I must say people on the server are incredibly helpful and kind. Having played EQ from beta to Luclin, I don't say that lightly.

That is why I was a little surprised by an experience I just had on the EC Tunnel forum. I posted a Goblin Gazughi ring for sale. One person replied to the thread (Minibaa), while another, Alex, PM'd with an offer. I replied to Alex and accepted his offer, asking for details for delivery.

So far, so good. But Alex never responded. I followed up a couple of days later, and again no response. However, a few days later Alex posted a WTS message trying to sell the exact same item. Furthermore, when I replied to his WTS posting asking about his offer to buy my item, Alex deleted the WTS listing rather than replying. So it appears he was making an offer in bad faith.

I just wanted to put out a "heads up" in case anyone has a similar experience.

And to everyone else on this server, THANK YOU for all of the kindnesses I seem to run into everytime I log in. :)

I Truly am laughing my ass off at this LMAO! If I had posted some bullshit like this everytime someone welshed on a deal with me, or changed there minds I am pretty sure that Rogean or Nilbog would have nuked my ass by now, and rightly so!

What a waste of space and time! Get over yourself already!

Peace,

Goldburg92
09-02-2011, 03:29 PM
If I had posted some bullshit like this everytime someone welshed on a deal with me, or changed there minds I am pretty sure that Rogean or Nilbog would have nuked my ass by now

I Truly am laughing my ass off at this LMAO!

If I had a nickel for everytime some fucktard on this forum claimed that Rogean, Nilbog, or Uthgaard would reprimand them for doing something as insignifigant as this, I'd have a lot of fucking nickels.

As if you're so influential.

What a waste of space and time! Get over yourself already!

Goldburg92
09-02-2011, 03:31 PM
Truth is, there's not that many dickheads on this server. They're just the one's you hear running their mouth the most, especially lately since them and all their friends got pwn'd last weekend.

I was helped out dozens of times on this server, by dozens of different characters.

Just make note of the ones who suck, and don't forget them...

nymphloa
09-02-2011, 03:36 PM
Truth is, there's not that many dickheads on this server. They're just the one's you hear running their mouth the most, especially lately since them and all their friends got pwn'd last weekend.

I was helped out dozens of times on this server, by dozens of different characters.

Just make note of the ones who suck, and don't forget them...

Hard to forget the ones with no bollocks though.

Join date September
Posts 2

Blow me

Goldburg92
09-02-2011, 03:39 PM
Welcome to the interwebz. This is what clowns like you do.
You may

Blow me

..if you like. And bring that sexy armor from your pic. You really turn me on.

Silentone
09-02-2011, 03:39 PM
So much BS on these forums..like Nedala i agree that most poeple in game are decent human beings. On the forums people are total duchebags, and the forums are only about 10% of the server. Pormiss you not too many people even bother looking at the forums as is the same with most MMO's my suggestion, if you dont like the negitvity on the forums, just dont log into them and enjoy the game... because the game is 100x more peafull then the forums. =)

Daldaen
09-02-2011, 03:57 PM
Had someone call my brother whom I was buffing as a high level Druid, in crushbonr, a douche. About a minute later he asked me for buffs. When I told him I didn't have the mana to buff him, he called me a douche.

There are some 'bad' people. And lots of powertraders in EC, both of whom I have no patience for. But yea in general there are good people on the server.

Tarathiel
09-02-2011, 03:59 PM
So much BS on these forums..like Nedala i agree that most poeple in game are decent human beings. On the forums people are total duchebags, and the forums are only about 10% of the server. Pormiss you not too many people even bother looking at the forums as is the same with most MMO's my suggestion, if you dont like the negitvity on the forums, just dont log into them and enjoy the game... because the game is 100x more peafull then the forums. =)

that pretty much sums it up right there, well said bro

nymphloa
09-02-2011, 04:08 PM
There are some 'bad' people. And lots of powertraders in EC, both of whom I have no patience for. But yea in general there are good people on the server.[/QUOTE]

Aaaaah I am one of the nicer ones though....*polishes his halo

Runningfish
09-02-2011, 04:27 PM
One of the nicer ones? I think I saw you trying to sell a green jade halberd for 6k at one point rofl.

Edit-
Sorry this was a pointless post, like people said as with any forum community there are a lot of bad apples. In game my experience has been completely different. As for resellers in EC.. Eh it's a constant, they will always be here. Atleast the big names are usually trustworthy if you need a transfer or something =P.

nymphloa
09-02-2011, 04:28 PM
One of the nicer ones? I think I saw you trying to sell a green jade halberd for 6k at one point rofl.

A while ago yeah....only got 4k for my last one :rolleyes:

Atmas
09-02-2011, 04:39 PM
The server is filled with a ton of nice people, just the dicks tend to cause more commotion.

Runningfish
09-02-2011, 04:39 PM
A while ago yeah....only got 4k for my last one :rolleyes:

They used to sell for 2-3k max! But hey, more power to ya hehe.

Gwence
09-02-2011, 04:41 PM
Well I been playing here a long time and I've yet to put a single person on ignore. Sure, I've ran into a few people that have been a bit annoying but it's a rare occurrance imo.

People act like idiots on these forums but it "usually" doesn't carry over into the game.

I rarely make it to EC these days but when I do I hand out items less than 1k in value for free when I have them.

I AM NICE!!!!!!!

Treylin
09-02-2011, 04:55 PM
Well I been playing here a long time and I've yet to put a single person on ignore. Sure, I've ran into a few people that have been a bit annoying but it's a rare occurrance imo.

People act like idiots on these forums but it "usually" doesn't carry over into the game.

I rarely make it to EC these days but when I do I hand out items less than 1k in value for free when I have them.

I AM NICE!!!!!!!

Gwence,

People like you never receive the credit you deserve for making these virtual worlds worth visiting.

On behalf of all of us new players, THANK YOU! :)

Gwence
09-02-2011, 06:06 PM
Well, to be fair, I cause my fair share of mischief as well.

But I'm always nice when I do it.