PDA

View Full Version : Suspended Player Corpses

Striiker
09-01-2011, 09:56 AM
I have a question. I have observed a few geared corpses rotting in different zones and have concluded that there's a possibility that the character was suspended for cheating. As these players are suspended for two weeks they can't possibly loot their corpses. Will the GM's be restoring the corpses so that they can be looted? It's more of a curiosity as it would be harsh not to, considering that this would increase the punishment for those particular players to include the removal of all items on character. I may be incorrect in the assumption that these players were suspended and their corpses are rotting for other reasons but it's an interesting point to be considered.

I know that this is opening a can of worms as I know exactly how many will respond but hey, it's a dull day at work.

Peatree
09-01-2011, 09:59 AM
Hahahahahahaha! If they didn't cheat they wouldn't have this issue. Let them rot!

XgrimX
09-01-2011, 10:26 AM
Tough shit for them hahahahahaa

Vondra
09-01-2011, 10:50 AM
To make it fair to these people that may have lost their corpses, I propose that for the rest of the 2 weeks anyone be allowed to login to any of the other suspended accounts. If something should happen to those characters leaving a corpse, such as accidental drowning in a side cave in lake rathe...it will provide a level playing field.

Mardur
09-01-2011, 11:15 AM
All corpses are stored in the database forever, rotting just removes the corpse from the game world. GMs can easily respawn the corpse into the world. Permanent loss of items due to corpse rot isn't possible.

Uthgaard
09-01-2011, 11:53 AM
All corpses are stored in the database forever, rotting just removes the corpse from the game world. GMs can easily respawn the corpse into the world. Permanent loss of items due to corpse rot isn't possible.

this

Comapavik
09-01-2011, 02:07 PM
Should make the corpses lootable but don't tell anyone.

Ennoia
09-01-2011, 02:21 PM

Ok? That shouldn't matter. They fucked up, let it rot.

leefyg
09-01-2011, 02:47 PM
Let it rot!!!

raptorak
09-01-2011, 02:57 PM
I'm teabagging them right now. I usually try and find some nice hot elven corpse to heal my troll ass up on. Necrophilia ftw - that's just how we sks roll.

Aadill
09-01-2011, 02:58 PM
Gross.

Save me one.