PDA

View Full Version : Help with EQchanges V13

Fountree
08-31-2011, 09:02 PM
So after logging today around 5pm, I ate dinner and watched some TV. I then tried to log back on around 8pm, and logged into a "Your files are out of date. Please download the latest changes etc etc." I found this strange, since I had already downloaded and extracted the latest update (EQchanges v13). I then went to re-download the EQchanges v13 file, but it says "The file cannot be successfully downloaded because the source file cannot be read." My old version of EQchanges v13 is "corrupt" and I tried repairing the ZIP file through my winzip, but the spells.txt file is corrupt and cannot be fixed. I've tried downloading the EQEmuLauncher to automatically patch me but I still cannot log in (same Your files out of date shindig). So pretty much I can't download the latest changes again (my computer doesn't allow it) and I can't patch it through EQemulauncher. Any advice? I have no idea how this happened in the first place considering I had access to the game before, but now the spell update files are missing AND I cannot download them from the p1999 site. :(

Fountree
08-31-2011, 09:23 PM
Fixed with an uninstall of Avast Anti-virus...

Humerox
08-31-2011, 09:23 PM
Same exact thing happened to me. I use Avast, and I think it nuked the winsock file, because it was missing completely.

I turned it off, re-downloaded and put the files back in manually. I'm too lazy atm to make an exception, lol.

Edit: No need to uninstall...just turn it off. :)