PDA

View Full Version : Leveling an Ogre

Kyrus
08-31-2011, 07:46 PM
In the old EQ, I always played good races. This time around, I've decided to go evil. That means that lots of the content is new for me, but it's eliminated my usual path of going to CrushBone and leveling there. I'm currently a level 5 shaman (Gorb), and was just wondering if anyone had any tips for where to level until I get high enough to head to the Oasis. Thanks in advance.

Kope
08-31-2011, 07:48 PM
In the old EQ, I always played good races. This time around, I've decided to go evil. That means that lots of the content is new for me, but it's eliminated my usual path of going to CrushBone and leveling there. I'm currently a level 5 shaman (Gorb), and was just wondering if anyone had any tips for where to level until I get high enough to head to the Oasis. Thanks in advance.

Feerrott/Innothule swamp. When you want hit EC.

Auvdar
08-31-2011, 07:48 PM
East Commons is good till 9-10 since you can normally get a few buffs from high end traders. And snagging a orc group. Bit of a run, but its your best bet.

Kyrus
08-31-2011, 07:53 PM
Are there any merchants in EC I can sell to? I know there were some gypsies in Oasis...

Arrisard
08-31-2011, 07:55 PM
Shady in the tunnel.

Estu
08-31-2011, 07:55 PM
Shady Swashbuckler in the tunnel you can sell to, and you can go bank and do other stuff at Neriak, as Dark Elves like you. I agree with the above posters that you'll wanna be in EC starting at 5 or so (earlier works too, though). You should hit up Upper Guk as soon as you can; you will probably need to spend a few levels in North Ro and Oasis first, though.

Kyrus
08-31-2011, 08:16 PM
Ahh, I forgot about Shady, thanks. What level can I hit Upper Guk at?

vageta31
08-31-2011, 08:59 PM
Most important thing about EC is Seargent Slate. He is diligent and he will find you if he catches you slippin'. It's a long run back from Feerrott...

I started a Dark Elf not long ago and ran to West freeport as it's way better than Neriak. They really did make the game easier for good races with their comfy starting zones. WFP is non stop kills, lots of skellies which equate to bone chips, weapons and cloth armor.

The best thing about dark races? Faction is irrelevant. Kill anything and everything but your own city and enjoy the game.

Kyrus
08-31-2011, 10:27 PM
Yeah, doing some reading about where to level, there are several recommendations for killing guards at different places...that wasn't really an option as a dwarf back in the day. That will add an interesting twist to the game for me.

Also, I'm an American in South Korea. If there is anyone in Asia/Australia that would be interesting in partnering at some point, feel free to send me a PM here, or tell Gorb in game.

vageta31
08-31-2011, 10:57 PM
At low levels I'd just concentrate on killing normal things like dervish camps, bandits and such. When you reach your low 20's however you start to have options. With my Ogre shaman I started killing the Millers and surefall guards in my low to mid 20s and you can graduate to west karana guards and barbarian camp from there. Millers have bronze weapons which sell for a decent amount, and all 4 mobs are really easy for their level. Spawn time is like 6 minutes so it's pretty much non stop killing as well. Just have to keep watch out for the higher level guards and such that wander the area.

bakkily
09-01-2011, 12:03 AM
if i was you, the feerrot after lvl 4 is hard to lvl in there, you cant really single pull those lizard camps that have 3-4 mobs in them, just head to inno swamp, kill mobs near upper guk area to 6, should be some fast lvling, then do guk ent to 9, when you get sow, and get the hell outta there, because after the first 4 rooms of upper guk it gets too tough to get singles, if you want to hit the areas people group, id say nro to 12, then oasis, no idea how busy it is in the desert atm, i started a new alt, but over in faydwer, but when you hit 10, i can help you get some quick lvls with my monk alt parked in oasis

but ive gimped up my new char with alot of high lvl items, and lvling has been easy for me, about a hour solo per lvl, and he's 8 atm

back when i first started, was a barb shaman, i soloed most of my lvls from 1-13, maybe took about 20 hours, but dont give up, the first 15 lvls are always the basic lvls for any class, and after you grind those lvls the game gets better

Kyrus
09-01-2011, 12:08 AM
Yeah, Bakkily, I discovered what you're saying about the lizard camps the hard way. I made the run to the swamp to pick up my first dot from the troll merchant by the giant hand, so that's where I'm at now. I'll probably hang around there until 9 like you suggest, and then head for greener pastures. I'd love to partner with your monk once I get leveled up a bit more. A monk/shaman combo sounds pretty deadly to me, no matter what level the duo is. If you'd like to pm me your name, I'll add you to my friends list in game.

bakkily
09-01-2011, 12:12 AM
names achashverosh, hes lvl 15 atm, i enjoy this class alot, but just stopped playing due to how easy and fast i was lvling him, but sure yea man

Kyrus
09-01-2011, 02:32 AM
Ok, I'll add him to my friends list when I get home tonight...it will be a little while before I'm 15, but a shaman/monk combo gets me a little excited...even tried talking one of my buddies I used to play with into getting back into it so he could play a monk again, but with little luck.

raptorak
09-01-2011, 04:30 AM
Hi Kyrus, I'm from UK living in China so our time difference would be very similar (like 1 hour dif). Only thing is I'm kinda waiting for Red99! Any chance you will roll a char on there?

Kyrus
09-01-2011, 04:34 AM
Is that going to be a PvP server or something?

raptorak
09-01-2011, 03:15 PM
Yep there is a PVP server incoming and it is tentatively called "Red99". I tried p1999 but I finished my EQ experience on PVP servers, kinda hard to go back to blue despite how nice so many of the people are there.

Kyrus
09-01-2011, 06:15 PM
I doubt I'll be rolling anything on PvP...