PDA

View Full Version : Spells: Cure Disease and Cure Poison

Lich
10-31-2009, 10:19 PM
These spells need fixed asap. They remove the poison or disease icon but they continue to do damage.

I was hunting is East Karana and pulled Chief SaNre`Rexsa. He stacked 3 disease dots on me within short order. I dispatched him quickly and cured all 3 diseases (or so i thought) but my health continued to plummet. I had to pop Harmshield and use all 3 charges of Light Healing from my Stein of Moggok. I survived with only 12hp remaining.

aVoided
11-01-2009, 04:46 AM
have noticed this on my shaman as well. Curing poisons but they continue to tick down, doesnt happen every single time though. Maybe its only certain abilities that are causing it. I can say with 100% assurance that the 3 times I've noticed this issue and died to it its against shaman mobs casting poison taint and fever (derves and orcs) but have never had it happen when I cure poison from say a snake. My chanter has also been a victim of this. Even though cured (was an orc oracle on 2 occasions) . health continues to rot away.

Firrewhisper
11-01-2009, 04:53 AM
Sometimes you have to cure x2

internalprime8
11-13-2009, 11:24 AM
I'm having the same problem fighting water moccasins in Innothule swamp. The icon disappears but poison is still in effect.

Edit: It appears that the cure spells are working fine but the debuff icon is disappearing even when the cure fails.

thrawnseg
11-13-2009, 11:36 AM
It could be the posion/disease icon is removed, but it still is ticking due to the strength.
Spells like those have Disease/Posion counters.

Take Insidious Fever:

Increase Disease Counter by 4
Decrease Disease Resist by 18 (L17) to 35 (L50)

Now look at Cure Disease:

Decrease Disease Counter by 1 (L1) to 4 (L12)

So a possibilty is that the icon is removed on the first cast, but it actually is still on the player. Have you tried to cast Cure Disease multiple times?

guineapig
11-13-2009, 11:53 AM
The above is true. The removal of the icon is most likely the bug as opposed to the spell not working. (I can't be sure of this, just an assumption).

Depending on the level of disease/poison you always had to recast low level cures multiple times to equal the amount of counters on you.

Yoite
11-13-2009, 12:13 PM
wtach your combat text for

"Soandso has been cured"

Bigcountry23
11-20-2009, 01:51 AM
Bumping this, as of 11/18 the spell still removes the icon but does not cure the affect.

Zarniwooop
11-21-2009, 12:30 PM
Still broken.

At the least do not remove the icon until its cured. I don't think this is as major as the myriad melee bugs, but it's worth fixing eventually.

TimmoG
02-18-2010, 04:19 PM
As of today this is still broken. The cure spells DO work as long as you cast the appropriate amount of times for the strength of the affliction. Make sure you watch your combat chat to see when removal is complete as Yoite mentioned. The bug is that upon first cast of cure the icon disappears giving the illusion that you are cured when you are not.

Haynar
02-19-2010, 12:14 AM
I think I finally found the problem with this issue. I will try to work up a fix, get it tested and push it out.

Haynar