PDA

View Full Version : Grouping

kameski
08-31-2011, 12:07 AM
Hello all,

I wanted to share this problem i am having with you guys.
Hoping that you guys could perhaps give me any tips on how to solve this.
I started on project 1999 a couple of days ago to feel the good old memorys again from eq 1 in its golden days.

So i decided to make me a class wich i never really played before.
Being a high elf mage.
Now my problem is being a european player is the fact that afther some days of playing it seems to be that i am stuck,not being able to find any groups at these lower lvls in gfay or around.
I tryed moving to another continent hoping perhaps there where more ppl there to group up with.
Also with no succes.
So it seems i just cant get past lvl 7 might be because of the class i am playing to

So pls if you have any tips or if you are european and would like to group up or feel like helping me out feel free to reply :-) :-)

Thanks in advance

Kameski

Estu
08-31-2011, 12:19 AM
As a magician, you can easily solo to 60, so you don't need to rely on groups. That being said, the best place to group at your level is Crushbone. Head over there and you should often be able to find other people your level even during European times. If you can't, you can solo well in Crushbone anyway.

bakkily
08-31-2011, 12:25 AM
well you rolling a mage, yea i've played the class once, on here, got a guy from 1-20 in a matter of two days, no matter what though with a mage, you can solo up to 50, though good groups does make it go by faster, stick to faydwer till lvl 20, i just rolled a new toon as well that is your lvl range if you wanna duo maybe, but yea theres always certain zones that are the popular ones, for instance, at your lvl, cb is one of them, but if you rather solo, i think you may lvl faster doing blackburrow, safe open wide cavern zone, and its not too cluttered

but if after lvl 10 you get sick of cb, you could solo, id say do this at 12, but 10-12, theres several camps in lesser fay you can solo, bandits (not sister bandits, i think that camp is lvl 14-15ish mobs) thats a great camp to do at 15-18, i think 15 is a new mage pet), or checker bourd, damn i can never spell that word correctly, but thats a great camp 10-15, by 14/15 may be a lil slower exp, but at 13-17, yard trash should be no problem in unrest,

maybe you're not utilizing this class to its full potential, theres tons of camps everywhere, and always in the evening, well im in arizona, so always people on between 5-9pm my time, which i think may be the morning for you 8-10am? i'm only guessing, but the mage/necro are the two easiest classes to lvl up, i did 1-20 completly solo a year back to see how the mage is like, fun class, but i got bored with how easy the class to lvl up is

you're playing one of the best over powered classes in this game, though ive heard its diffrent at 50+

SwordNboard
08-31-2011, 01:22 AM
Look for a euro guild. There are a decent amount of you guys here. You just have to make some friends!

kameski
08-31-2011, 01:56 AM
Yes i have noticed that there are some euros around.
But they seem to be shattered around several guilds.
Also most of these guilds seem to have a pretty high lvl requirment to join.

Nataz
08-31-2011, 04:15 AM
Unfortunately mages arent exactly cruicial to any group and therefor it might be harder to find groups, perhaps you can roll up a char that is really sought after in groups (mnk, rog, clr) and play when you feel like grouping and play the mage at other times?

Kevlar
08-31-2011, 05:22 AM
instead of spending all that time travelling make some alts. if nothing happening in fay make a barb or human and check out ro or blackburrow.

I wouldnt worry about travel til you are 20ish and can afford ports.

kameski
08-31-2011, 06:00 AM
Hmm yes perhaps ill roll a cleric
How much are tanks needed here on the server ?
And wich tanks are good ?

Mbaulmer
08-31-2011, 06:12 AM
Hmm yes perhaps ill roll a cleric

/who [class] same as /who except the list will only return names that match the class you specify after the /who command
/who [class] all returns a list of every player currently online (all zones on your server) who matches the class you specify after the /who command. (e.g. /who all Enchanter)
Might help you see what class is needed more during your normal playing time.

Nataz
08-31-2011, 07:02 AM

Tanks are always in good need.

Which tank class is the best has been discussed over and over the last couple of weeks (war vs knight) - either have a look in those discussions or just make anything you feel like. There is no correct answer to which are good, what ever you have fun playing is the right choice for you. :-)

Estu
08-31-2011, 09:15 AM
If you're going to make a tank, make a paladin/shadowknight rather than a warrior; much easier for broke newbies.

Felwithemagi
08-31-2011, 09:36 AM
Start your own group later. For now, the levels are odd and mobs green out, so swap around. Scoot over the Butcherblock and kill blues there, or Steamfont. Then when you get around level 10+, you can head back to Crushbone and camp trainer or work on slavers/emissary.

If you really need to group, find out where people are hunting your level and relocate yourself there. Luck.

Hexum
08-31-2011, 06:48 PM
I found that some of those lower levels are hardest because they're boring as heck. Just grind level 7 on LBs or weak blues, once you hit 8 you'll get new spells and your new pet will be a god. Hang in there. I really really enjoy levels 27+ because grouping becomes seemingly easier. As a magician you can do 27 and beyond with ease. Read some solo guides.

I created a warrior as my first character against all odds because I love tanking and want to be the best possible at it eventually. With the help of a handful of people who felt pitty (thank you all), I have reached level 31 and am VERY glad I went Warrior. I owe the community and am available to pass on some of the "hand-me-downs", message Dunst in game and I can set you up with some very basic weapons like a Obsidian Shard or Polished Granite Tomahawk.

Good luck with whatever decision! Just don't stop that early grind and it'll prove rewarding.

bakkily
09-01-2011, 12:11 AM
this isnt a bad strategy, and alot in the game have done this, they make a mage only to grind out plat, to pay for the main class they play

this isnt a bad idea, because you can get to 35 quite fast, and at that lvls theres tons of places to easily get plat, hhk, halfling guards, i think both at a decent speed is 500ish plat per hour, though at 50 off seafuries is about 1.2k a hour roughly

but if you was you, decide if you want to play this or that, and stick with it, id say mostly play sk if you want to tank, though i like paladins a hell of alot more, and have this your main class, when bored, solo on the mage, and stick to dungeons on the mage, you can lvl so fast

for instance id say fastest mage lvling spots
1-7 ec, durring the day you can always get buffs
7-15 befallen
15-20 can do unrest, or oasis, or kurns may be the fastest
20-25 unrest, mm ent
25-30 hhk id say, may be the fastest if no one is there
30-40 the best solo dungeon hands down is paw, my favorite zone, can even do up to 44
44-49 not a dungeon, but goblins in lake of ill omen in the lake, i did 43-49 on my shaman in 3 days playing 7 or so hours, few in the early morning before work and few after work,
really killer exp

kameski
09-01-2011, 07:05 AM
i think i am gonna decide to stick with my lvl 7 mage .
and try to go hunt in befallen.
hoping i can get enough bonechips to sell for my spells.

kameski
09-01-2011, 09:38 AM
if anyone is bored and feel like helping me out feel free to give me a tell lol :p

Robben
09-01-2011, 10:18 AM
I'm a level 10 necro and could definitely use some help. Think we can duo in Befallen?

Send a tell to Nasr in game