PDA

View Full Version : game crashes at startup

Layla
10-31-2009, 09:16 PM
I have been trying to install eqemu on my wife's computer, and running. When I try to start up eq (after changing the needed files) I get "The instruction at 0x02dff0ce referenced memory at 0xfffffffc. The memory could not be read"
We are both running windows 7 64, but the only real difference in the systems is that she is using her onboard 3200 (waiting on rma replacement.) I have tried running as admin and xp mode but still get the same thing no matter how many times I reinstall it. :confused:

Tananthalas
11-01-2009, 01:57 AM
Unfortunately, this problem can happen for a variety of reasons. However usually it all points back to virtual RAM or a problem in the software. My first suggestion is running an anti spyware software, personally I have yet to find anything better than Spyware Doctor but it's not free.

After you're 100% sure it's not spyware/virus run it again and get 100% sure a second time. I am not using Windows 7 myself yet, but it's also possible a background process is causing this. So if you're comfortable in MSCONFIFG I'd look at shutting down some of the starting programs and seeing if that helps. Lastly I'd check your virtual memory but if this isn;t happening with any other memory intensive programs I won't be shocked if that doesn't help you.

Deathrydar
11-01-2009, 11:27 AM
There are plenty of free anti-spyware and anti-malware programs.
Google Malware Bytes
Google Super Antispyware
Google Spybot

Good luck!

Layla
11-01-2009, 12:13 PM
hubby got it running:D, it looks like its a issue with the driver for onboard gpu:mad: