PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated with the banning of accounts

akahdrin
08-29-2011, 08:06 PM
First off, I wasn't banned. I come back after a year in Korea and I find out a huge chunk of the server was suspended. Then I see they showed leniency as a 1 time nice thing. So I went back and read through the server rules.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1057

These were posted in November of 2009. ---Any type of program or script that gives you an unfair advantage (eg. MacroQuest, ShowEQ or packet modification) will result in an instant ban with no lenience. Cheating will be ruled with an iron first regardless of who you are.(eg. MacroQuest, ShowEQ or packet modification) will result in an instant ban with no lenience. Cheating will be ruled with an iron first regardless of who you are."--- The rules are not new and why would you go back on your own rules regardless of how many people did it. Do you really want them to keep playing, the server will only gain by their departure.

Why did you show them lenience? I don't want to play with cheaters and since coming back after this year, there were a lot of new names I've never seen and who am I to know who is who? If they need a hack to play the game, they are probably not good at the game. Good players don't need unfair advantages, only poor players do. Please let us identify them easier.

If you're going to let them get off soft, yes soft, a 6 level loss with level 60 gear is easily gained back and only sets them back a little bit with a plat loss being easily avoided especially if they have an alt account that they don't 2 box with as a mule, at least give them a title of "the Cheater" or "the Judged" so we can easily avoid them.

This disgusts me, that any of you would need to cheat at this game. I hope they GM's change their minds and just wipe everything from your account but the character but knock it down to level 1 with no items. The only perk you get is the ability to keep your name. Even that to me is too much though, but yea, let us identify them or give us a list of who did it. I would gladly print it and keep it handy to avoid them.

-Camillo

Harrison
08-29-2011, 08:16 PM
Thread should be: "Frustrated with LACK of banning of accounts."

These toolbags will be back and running. Most already are.

akahdrin
08-29-2011, 08:19 PM
I'm still confused why they need to cheat. The game has every resource already on the internet. Mob locations, spawn times, items, everything really. If you need showeq, maybe you should make friends with a ranger, they'll find it for you.

Slathar
08-29-2011, 08:23 PM
I'm still confused why they need to cheat. The game has every resource already on the internet. Mob locations, spawn times, items, everything really. If you need showeq, maybe you should make friends with a ranger, they'll find it for you.

because using macroquest/seq gives them an extra edge so they can better live out their best guild fantasy on a 500 person nostalgia server. i can only imagine what kind of wildly successful person cheats on an emulator.

Galacticus
08-29-2011, 08:32 PM
http://deepthought2009.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/game-face.jpg

Turn that frown, upside down.

Harrison
08-29-2011, 08:36 PM
because using macroquest/seq gives them an extra edge so they can better live out their best guild fantasy on a 500 person nostalgia server.

672 on right now, genius.

Kimmie
08-29-2011, 08:43 PM
Why did you show them lenience?

http://www.itinerantpreacher.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Jesus-forgives.jpg

Humerox
08-29-2011, 08:51 PM
I'm on the fence about that, myself. Balancing such a player-base blow would be cause for concern.

However, I think every toon should be outed, and let the community decide what to do about them. They are getting off way too easy, but an outright ban on so many accounts isn't good.

Let us know who they are...they have no right to anonymity. They committed a grievance against every fair-minded person and guild on the server.

Ektar
08-29-2011, 08:54 PM
http://i824.photobucket.com/albums/zz162/Postorofpictures/the-scarlet-letter-1934.jpg

RandySlopeJr
08-29-2011, 08:54 PM
First off, I wasn't banned. I come back after a year in Korea and I find out a huge chunk of the server was suspended. Then I see they showed leniency as a 1 time nice thing. So I went back and read through the server rules.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1057

These were posted in November of 2009. ---Any type of program or script that gives you an unfair advantage (eg. MacroQuest, ShowEQ or packet modification) will result in an instant ban with no lenience. Cheating will be ruled with an iron first regardless of who you are.(eg. MacroQuest, ShowEQ or packet modification) will result in an instant ban with no lenience. Cheating will be ruled with an iron first regardless of who you are."--- The rules are not new and why would you go back on your own rules regardless of how many people did it. Do you really want them to keep playing, the server will only gain by their departure.

Why did you show them lenience? I don't want to play with cheaters and since coming back after this year, there were a lot of new names I've never seen and who am I to know who is who? If they need a hack to play the game, they are probably not good at the game. Good players don't need unfair advantages, only poor players do. Please let us identify them easier.

If you're going to let them get off soft, yes soft, a 6 level loss with level 60 gear is easily gained back and only sets them back a little bit with a plat loss being easily avoided especially if they have an alt account that they don't 2 box with as a mule, at least give them a title of "the Cheater" or "the Judged" so we can easily avoid them.

This disgusts me, that any of you would need to cheat at this game. I hope they GM's change their minds and just wipe everything from your account but the character but knock it down to level 1 with no items. The only perk you get is the ability to keep your name. Even that to me is too much though, but yea, let us identify them or give us a list of who did it. I would gladly print it and keep it handy to avoid them.

-Camillo

GM are hipocrits when it comes to guilds that they belong too.They only bann when it not friends of theres.Ask the GM why TMO wasnt disbanded for hacking all theses months?

Excellio
08-29-2011, 08:55 PM
GM are hipocrits when it comes to guilds that they belong too.They only bann when it not friends of theres.Ask the GM why TMO wasnt disbanded for hacking all theses months?

Dude, are you just hitting every thread with a post about this TMO thing?

Ektar
08-29-2011, 08:57 PM
and srs, if you're doing the bad spelling and grammar thing on purpose to hurt people.. it's working.

PLEASE STOP
IT HURTS

Excellio
08-29-2011, 08:59 PM
Yeah, you'd think that with all the cheating software available on the internet, somebody would develop a 3rd party program that checks your spelling and grammar. It's still cheating, since it gives you the unfair advantage of making people think you completed elementary school.

Ring
08-29-2011, 09:05 PM
Perun getting caught really threw the server administration into a loop. Ban one of the most prolific monks on the server? With the Ton Po? Suspensions were given out instead. Maybe Xzerion is behind it.

RandySlopeJr
08-29-2011, 09:08 PM
Perun getting caught really threw the server administration into a loop. Ban one of the most prolific monks on the server? With the Ton Po? Suspensions were given out instead. Maybe Xzerion is behind it.

lol, Beowulf been hacking for months and he consider TMO master puller

abedog
08-29-2011, 09:38 PM

Quoted for truth. And for all you fanbois who didn't think cheating was possible on this server because thats what you are told....and there is no Guild/player favoritism from the staff/GMs, you are probably the type of person who thinks 1 single person was behind assasinating Lincoln, JFK, also all cops are good cops, and lets see what else our government and wall street isn't mostly corrupt...lol you keep on playing checkers with that dumbass smile on your face while people get rich having the time of their lives playing chess.

:o < this is how you should feel if you have any ounce of intellect at all after reading that but im going to bet it is more like alot of :confused: followed by :mad: enjoy your shitty brain and shit life.

~ PEACE

PS : IT IS A VIDEO GAME!! THE STAFF KNOWS THIS WHY DON'T YOU?

Lianon
08-29-2011, 10:25 PM
The reason why 2nd chances are given is because server population is higher up on the priority list than we all thought. If you permanently ban too many people, then your permanent player base % gets slashed...if the % gets too low, being a GM isn't so fun anymore.

It's a sick reality and it basically means that people will also push the envelope to break rules. Ultimately, people who do things honestly will stop playing because they're at a blatant disadvantage to the cheaters. Disadvantage in EQ means more time to do everything and I would venture to say that people doing it the honest way are already short on time.

I support permanent bans.

Knuckle
08-29-2011, 10:31 PM
http://www.itinerantpreacher.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Jesus-forgives.jpg

gm/player relationship so well displayed by young kimmie

Cyrano
08-29-2011, 10:47 PM
I'm in favor of banning the accounts personally. I think most guilds are removing the people who got caught once their two weeks is lifted anyways and in a way, if you're up at the high end, it's going to to be very obvious who got caught.

mimixownzall
08-29-2011, 11:06 PM
If the GMs want to grant a 'one time leniency,' then fine... unban ALL previously banned accounts.

I could live with that. At least it is fair.

I mean... Abacab training a bunch of cheaters (we find out now) isn't near as bad as getting away with a slap on the wrist for cheating.

beowulf420
08-29-2011, 11:58 PM
lol, Beowulf been hacking for months and he consider TMO master puller

Lol, retard. Get on my level.

Harrison
08-30-2011, 12:05 AM
Beowulf was cool shit

TR Spokesman
08-30-2011, 12:32 AM
honestly, I never thought about GM favortism (and not so much GM but the higher ups, I don't think Uthgaard favors anyone) until this.

I'm sure if it had been 300 unknowns, they all would have been banned, but seeing how there were some well known characters/players hit. I think they just went... well we can't have that now can we *slap wrists*.

In the past i've heard, and seen the end result, to what happens to accounts that are accused and found guilty of using those programs, and it's nothing as soft as this. Deleveling people a max of 6 levels and removing all their plat (combined to be around 3mil) is absolutely nothing. Especially when the items on those accounts are worth several times the plat value.

and before someone says "well they earned the items" it doesn't fucking matter. As soon as you cheat you broke the rules, who gives a fuck what you did with the cheat or why, you just did.

in the end tho, it's (as most say) their "sandbox" and they can do whatever they want. So who are we to demand actual justice from the Chinese.

RandySlopeJr
08-30-2011, 12:35 AM
Lol, retard. Get on my level.

what would be your level? Hmmmm hacking and exploiting server is that what you mean? Please amuse me.

beowulf420
08-30-2011, 12:44 AM
Your lack of substantiating evidence is more than amusing. Please, enlighten me.

Scrub.

RandySlopeJr
08-30-2011, 12:46 AM
Your lack of substantiating evidence is more than amusing. Please, enlighten me.

Scrub.

You mad,Got hate hacker like yourself..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loly Taa
I dropped out of highscool cause I straight up was sick of going. I'm sure I'm not the only one here who made the same choice

Athosblack
08-30-2011, 04:00 AM
Rules don't matter much if they aren't enforced.

bakkily
08-30-2011, 05:01 AM
just fucking ban them i say

but yes, ive posted before on another of these on going, everything is posted in this or another thread in the same way by another person

i stated that with these many accounts gone, it would make the server amount go down, but i do agree with making them Soandso The cheater whom was judged, or something to show a crossbones effect that being they cheated, ass clowns

bakkily
08-30-2011, 05:03 AM
i hope this happening hasnt made any new people want to not play on this server, usally cheaters are always selfish and think only about them selves, so now its time to pay, i just hope this doesnt get more ugly then what it currently is like on the threads, but i figure in a week these threads may die down

bakkily
08-30-2011, 05:04 AM
hell, maybe we should put this to the vote in a poll, would have to be 3 sides, ban them to hell! those who wish for a further punishment, or leave it be, they got enough

tekniq
09-01-2011, 09:17 AM
this is what the GMs were thinking (taken from one of my favorite church songs, but a bit tweaked)

"You're forgiven, because I was forsaken.
You were convicted and now condemnd.
in two weeks you'll be alive and well,
your spirits now within me.
your banned, but in two weeks you'll rise again.
AMAZING LOVE HOW CAN IT BE?
that you fools would try to cheat.
AMAZING LOVE, I KNOW ITS TRUE.
its my joy to temp ban you.
in all i do, i won't permanently ban you"

Striiker
09-01-2011, 09:49 AM
hell, maybe we should put this to the vote in a poll, would have to be 3 sides, ban them to hell! those who wish for a further punishment, or leave it be, they got enough

Polls are pointless. They don't do anything meaningful. Nobody's going to get banned. They decided upon the punishment and are implementing it. Accept the situation and move on. There is no point in continuing to complain about the decision as it will not affect the outcome at all.

Shannacore
09-01-2011, 10:15 AM
Camillo!!!

Messianic
09-01-2011, 10:19 AM
Polls are pointless. They don't do anything meaningful. Nobody's going to get banned. They decided upon the punishment and are implementing it. Accept the situation and move on. There is no point in continuing to complain about the decision as it will not affect the outcome at all.

If the operators of this server were willing to suspend instead of ban hackers because it might affect population adversely, they're willing to allow polls to influence decisions.

RandySlopeJr
09-01-2011, 10:45 AM
If the operators of this server were willing to suspend instead of ban hackers because it might affect population adversely, they're willing to allow polls to influence decisions.

You dont think P1999 staff dosnt pay attention to what is said on forums?If they dont they will destroying themselfs just like Sony did.

Chanter4Sale
09-01-2011, 11:20 AM
I really dont know what else to say on this matter but as one of the
"legit none cheating players" i can tell ya if i knew so many were cheating here i would have never even started.

And now that i know the devs dont enforce there rules aggaist cheating ill be looking for another game to play.

Enjoy ur p99 server full of known cheaters that have high ups in there pockets

Raavak
09-01-2011, 11:51 AM
I have to agree with Chanter4Sale. The realization of the amount of cheating and the leniency of the punishment has greatly cheapened P99 to me. Big factor in why I've probably been on a total of an hour this week.

Shoulda made them all start from scratch. They were probably all power gamers anyway and it wouldn't have hurt them all that much, and they'd just start pl'ing new chars and be back soon anyway.

Yeah, thanks cheaters for ruining what was really a great game for me. I was having alot of fun. Now I just dont gaf anymore. Thanks to the GMs and devs and everyone for all the hard work you put in as well. I think you really blew it though when you slapped hands as well as let Xzerion get out of control.

Lagaidh
09-01-2011, 01:20 PM
I just don't understand the logic of single posters basically saying

"Ban them so they have to start over. It wouldn't hurt them that much anyway."

... If it doesn't hurt that much anyway... then why all the butthurt that they be banned?

Disclaimer:
I realize there aren't many people espousing this view, but when they do I...
http://pyleoflist.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/confused-dog1.jpg

Peatree
09-01-2011, 01:30 PM
You know, "Iron fist" could mean something different to you than it does to them.

Rockafella
09-01-2011, 02:00 PM
"legit none cheating players" i can tell ya if i knew so many were cheating here i would have never even started.

And now that i know the devs dont enforce there rules aggaist cheating ill be looking for another game to play.

Beauregard
09-01-2011, 02:08 PM

What's more sickening is the hundreds of people banned for petty disagreements with Uthgaard or training. Over the last year I've known dozens of straight edge players that are scared to petition ANYTHING for fear of being banned unreasonably.

Dirtnap
09-01-2011, 04:40 PM
What's more sickening is the hundreds of people banned for petty disagreements with Uthgaard or training. Over the last year I've known dozens of straight edge players that are scared to petition ANYTHING for fear of being banned unreasonably.

I am one of those people. If i ever get into an argument or something and a GM gets called in, i will bow out, admit i was wrong (Even if i wasn't) and walk away. Hopefully the GM who shows up isn't in a bad mood and ban me because I was disrespectful or something to them for wasting their time.

I know a lot of the horror stories people tell are made up because they are mad. I however am not risking the possibility of even one of those stories being true.

EDIT: Also if I were to get into a camp dispute where someone were to say I KSed them (On a named mob.) and a GM showed up, I would just hand over the item and be glad i can keep my character.

casdegere
09-01-2011, 04:55 PM

If your getting banned when a guide comes and tries to mediate the situation your doing alot more then what you say you are. (Not you specifically but others) In every instance I have had GMs called by me or upon me, and almost all were different GMs and guides, I stood fast and explained my point of view. The outcome was not always what i wanted but I respected their decision and moved on with my day. Never did I fear to get banned or have such a threat imposed upon me.

But I'm not training or intentionally griefing others either. If what I am doing is sporting protest from those around me I will apologize and adjust how I pull or whatever. Sometimes I know I am in the right and I am being treated unfairly by another player I will petition. In some cases I just move and do something else. Not sure what fear your speaking of.

Metallikus
11-12-2013, 09:04 PM
bump.

What has the server staff done to prevent showEQ and macroquest users from running rampant on our server again?

hundreds of accounts flagged as using 3rd party programs, yet no significant suspensions or bans happen ever.

Trackers know what loot is on mobs being tracked to determine level of urgency and priority.

Anyone else tired of these cheaters having significant advantages over the laymen that follow the rules?

Kender
11-12-2013, 09:21 PM
wow necro'd a 2 year old thread.

where's your evidence about loot being on mobs indicating priority?

the big guilds base priority on the mob being tracked. the big mobs die within minutes of spawning. there isnt enough time to prioritise what to kill based on loot they have

Yinikren
11-12-2013, 09:40 PM
JK, My dumbass was tired.

Metallikus
11-12-2013, 09:43 PM
Loot on mobs isn't generated until said mob dies.

Nice try.

wrong.

never seen a mob hold a weapon that ends up being looted?

Autotune
11-12-2013, 09:45 PM
bump.

What has the server staff done to prevent showEQ and macroquest users from running rampant on our server again?

hundreds of accounts flagged as using 3rd party programs, yet no significant suspensions or bans happen ever.

Trackers know what loot is on mobs being tracked to determine level of urgency and priority.

Anyone else tired of these cheaters having significant advantages over the laymen that follow the rules?

Actually, my account apparently got flagged not long after Ephi got access to the system and then my account ended up perma banned and now Ephi is no longer around. Oh yeah, now supposedly they don't allow those accounts back after 6months (when before when it happened it was allowed).

So there ya go, some accounts are allowed back and some aren't.

Kender
11-12-2013, 09:45 PM
Loot on mobs isn't generated until said mob dies.

Nice try.

incorrect. eg. ixi with cof will attack faster

Trelaboon
11-12-2013, 09:55 PM
back when buying accounts was legal I bought a warrior account that was banned shortly after because the previous owner used MQ or whatever. if I'm to lose that account, anyone with a similar crime should as well, if not, lift other bans....a bias is the last thing we need

Autotune
11-12-2013, 10:00 PM
back when buying accounts was legal I bought a warrior account that was banned shortly after because the previous owner used MQ or whatever. if I'm to lose that account, anyone with a similar crime should as well, if not, lift other bans....a bias is the last thing we need

They have lifted tons of accounts that were caught using ShowEQ and MacroQuest. They've lifted tons of accounts who were caught two boxing.

Some accounts that were flagged and sold to others ended up having those unbanned for the sake of the buyers.

Trelaboon
11-12-2013, 11:14 PM
I have made no inquiries into the account, but when those huge mass server bans happened to MQ and such, I was among them. I told them I understood that was the chance I took with the account and they were nice but didn't help me out.

Does this indicate that the account might have gotten lifted, without my knowledge? Hard to check right now with servers down.

Swish
11-13-2013, 06:03 AM
Street justice for P99, no legit player wants to see MQ/ShowEQ accounts back from the dead.

Keep the streets clean :p

Clark
11-13-2013, 07:50 AM
No legit player wants to see MQ/ShowEQ accounts back from the dead.

Keep the streets clean

myriverse
11-13-2013, 08:08 AM
Necro'ing threads should be bannable.

Clark
11-13-2013, 08:09 AM

I further this motion.

Vohl
11-13-2013, 11:27 AM
++

Penish
11-13-2013, 11:45 AM
Originally Posted by Beauregard View Post

So much truth to this, should have its own thread

jarshale
11-13-2013, 03:20 PM
Originally Posted by Beauregard View Post

So much truth to this, should have its own thread

Uthgaard isn't even a GM why would this need a thread?

Swish
11-13-2013, 04:44 PM

AON thread an exception, amirite? :D

Ambrotos
11-13-2013, 08:31 PM
In the past we had given the opportunity to people who kept a clean record after being "banned" by allowing the account to be released. Typically it was around half a year. It got to the point the majority of them decided to go back to their own ways, or were just undesirable people to the community and we had to relook at how we took care of it. Now there isn't a second chance.

Clark
11-14-2013, 05:42 AM
In the past we had given the opportunity to people who kept a clean record after being "banned" by allowing the account to be released. Typically it was around half a year. It got to the point the majority of them decided to go back to their own ways, or were just undesirable people to the community and we had to relook at how we took care of it. Now there isn't a second chance.

Excellent that's how it should be good to hear.

FenninEQaddict
11-14-2013, 05:12 PM
bump.

I forgot my tin foil hat can I borrow yours?

The current state of raiding has nothing to do with people able to see what loot is on mobs. It has to do with the guilds trying to lock the mobs down for loot or something to kill. A raiding guild looking for things to raid now that is a shocker!

If you really believe that the top raiding guilds are using anything to see what loot is on a mob then you obviously arent in one of them. The mobs dont stay up long enough for something like that the mobs are engaged on spawn or as close to it as possible to keep the competition from going for them. They dont look at the loot to decide if its worth it. Ask TMO what they got off the targets they chose to go after on repop. I hear it was stuff I wouldnt use at level 7.

diplo
11-14-2013, 06:40 PM
All this rubber and I still got banned.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_bQOpHKg_zvU/Sta4Rm3kZhI/AAAAAAAAADA/zKaOC6F2a6A/s200/A5583259-7E5F-4268-8DE4-90AEA87EE133_t_6.jpg

webrunner5
11-15-2013, 08:27 AM
There is like 10 to 15% of the whole server that are just no good rotten bastards. Ban the hell out of them perma.