PDA

View Full Version : Any chance for a classic Rallos Zek style server?

JayFiveAlive
03-24-2010, 12:17 AM
Played Project 1999 last weekend for the first time and I needed several changes of pants. Insanely awesome job@. Although it is super fun, I miss playing on a pvp server (played Rallos Zek from day 1 of EQ release for 3.5 years).

Has there been any talk of maybe making a PVP Server that had the same rules as Rallos Zek? (4 level attack limit, 1 item loot, can't loot weapon/hand slotted items).

Anyhow, keep up the great work.

Gorgetrapper
03-24-2010, 12:19 AM
I'd rather not have the community split up for them to go to another server.

Goobles
03-24-2010, 12:57 AM
www.ClubZek.com

Check it out. It's in BETA, so your suggestions MATTER!

karsten
03-24-2010, 01:02 AM
the forceful entry guys are starting their own server?

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahaha hhahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahaha hahhahahahahahah

JayFiveAlive
03-24-2010, 01:02 AM
Neat, thanks Goobles! I will check it out~

Goobles
03-24-2010, 01:14 AM
This post belongs in rant/flames.

Sparkin
03-24-2010, 03:34 AM
I've tried a couple PvP emu servers, and my main conclusion from playing on them is that they attract too much hacking scum. It would be awesome to play on a classic PvP server where you could be absolutely sure it was an even playing field, but it's not going to happen. If you're not going to use MQ or whatever yourself, be prepared for a lot of frustration.

mitic
03-24-2010, 04:25 AM
http://www.pwnedemu.com/

you will find the server on the emu select screen named as TZ/VZ (or something like that)

its the only pvp server worth it right now. the golden time is over tho...there have been over 200 ppl (dual-boxing was allowed) in 2009 until the former staff closed the project. a dev of that project returned and restarted the server but it was never the same again for several reasons (wipes, no advertisment)

if you want to pvp, thats the only option for you right now.

mitic
03-24-2010, 04:26 AM
I've tried a couple PvP emu servers, and my main conclusion from playing on them is that they attract too much hacking scum. It would be awesome to play on a classic PvP server where you could be absolutely sure it was an even playing field, but it's not going to happen. If you're not going to use MQ or whatever yourself, be prepared for a lot of frustration.

so you srsly think there is no hacking in P99?

Finawin
03-24-2010, 04:42 AM
Lol vztz, what massive fail that server is and all of its players now.

atvaata
03-24-2010, 04:49 AM
as said by Karsten..

aaahhhhahahahahahhaahahhahaahahahahahahahahahhahah aahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha FUCK YOU GUYS! *aziz ansari voice*

Sparkin
03-24-2010, 03:28 PM
so you srsly think there is no hacking in P99?

No, I assume there is hacking / cheating / favoritism on all these servers. But there's a big difference between them using that to kill your character and them using that maybe get an item for themselves or whatever.

ooantipostoo
03-24-2010, 04:25 PM
Our server and rogean being in charge of eqemu have excellent hack detection. They have also found a way to crash the MQ2 client which will also cause to go LD in the process. So if they are watching you because you set off warp detection and decide to see if they can crash mq2 on your client and you go LD = BAN. They can also detect the new warp thats out that goes in increments smaller than what warp detection see's. With this implemented there is a very low population that use hacks, unless they are using a standalone computer thats packet sniffing.

Otto
03-24-2010, 05:24 PM
the forceful entry guys are starting their own server?

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahaha hhahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahaha hahhahahahahahah

Seconded.

Looks like they took Nilbog's advice to *go ahead and make your own* to heart.

JayFiveAlive
03-24-2010, 05:52 PM
What is forceful entry? Was that a guild or something?

Looking at their server, I don't know if it's for me. I wanted more Rallos Zek style personally lol. If I want to pvp, I want it like the original, otherwise I may as well stay here where the pop is much higher :P

mokfarg
03-24-2010, 06:26 PM
Played Project 1999 last weekend for the first time and I needed several changes of pants. Insanely awesome job@. Although it is super fun, I miss playing on a pvp server (played Rallos Zek from day 1 of EQ release for 3.5 years).

Has there been any talk of maybe making a PVP Server that had the same rules as Rallos Zek? (4 level attack limit, 1 item loot, can't loot weapon/hand slotted items).

Anyhow, keep up the great work.

A classic PVP server was already attempted before this project by other folks and it wasn't as popular by a long stretch. EQ just isn't really designed for PvP. IN the past when EQ was in it's most popular state, there still was a low number enough to fill a couple of PvP servers. Right now the people enjoying classic is much lower.

Scrooge
03-24-2010, 07:52 PM
www.ClubZek.com

Check it out. It's in BETA, so your suggestions MATTER!

Sounds interesting, atleast while we wait for more content. I take dibs on group's Enchanter!

According to their info it sounds like a Project99 with PvP.....and 2boxing lol, but who knows..apparently they have an "Anti-MQ" system going, so we'll just have to see won't we?

nilbog
03-24-2010, 08:00 PM
Moved to off topic.