PDA

View Full Version : So will economy be affected by suspections?!

vageta31
08-27-2011, 06:17 PM
So I was thinking about how much the coin wipe on these accounts will affect the economy.

Will things get cheaper since there will be far less plat on the accounts? Keep in mind even if a mule hasn't actually used any hacking software, if the players main or alt has then all of the coin from the mule would be wiped as well.

Sellers who had liquified most of their assets will be hardest hit. Those that have mostly items won't be affected since no items are being taken away. I can't wait to see the prices in the EC tunnel.

Also what happens to people that have payed a large number of PP to buy someone else's account during the past two weeks that is now suspended due to previous owner's hacking? :eek:

Edit: Also, how many people that used to be anon will no run around /anon to hide their deleveled toons? That or people that don't show up for a couple of weeks...

nymphloa
08-27-2011, 06:20 PM
In a word..........NO

Roanoke
08-27-2011, 06:24 PM
There wasn't any warning, so it's not like anyone had time to prepare by moving plat to other accounts or anything similar. The economy will not change- the same people who were in charge of setting prices (trade guilds) probably aren't suffering from being banned/suspended. You don't need hacks to sell overpriced items in EC.

vageta31
08-27-2011, 06:30 PM
There wasn't any warning, so it's not like anyone had time to prepare by moving plat to other accounts or anything similar. The economy will not change- the same people who were in charge of setting prices (trade guilds) probably aren't suffering from being banned/suspended. You don't need hacks to sell overpriced items in EC.

No but charging an arm and a leg for an item only works if there is a lot of people with platinum to burn that are willing to pay said price. If a huge number of plat just got wiped then there is less out there to buy these items. Either the seller will simply hold on to them or begin to sell them for less.

P99 suffered from severe inflation, ie; the plat was worth far less than normal due to the huge amount of it. If enough plat was wiped off of the server then we should see some deflation happening.

nafgan
08-27-2011, 06:48 PM
Servernomics is at work here.

Vohl
08-27-2011, 06:51 PM
I expect it will have a large impact on the server economy. Among other things, items from the hardest camps in EQ just became a lot harder to acquire.

Tyen
08-27-2011, 06:52 PM
The economy is inflated

purist
08-27-2011, 06:53 PM
Speaking of which, anyone see Daltheb online today?

Didn't think so.

nalkin
08-27-2011, 06:54 PM
Speaking of which, anyone see Daltheb online today?

Didn't think so.

Was he the one selling those fungi tunics?

Slathar
08-27-2011, 06:55 PM
Let it be known that on the 27th day of August, 2011 Daltheb has been named a known hacker to the community.

Snaggles
08-27-2011, 06:58 PM
It will all stabilize over time. Only the US Gov gets progressively worse each year ;). Jk. (but not really)

purist
08-27-2011, 06:59 PM
Was he the one selling those fungi tunics?

Yup.

Deuces
08-27-2011, 07:04 PM
Glad i got one before he did .....he was the only one selling them.

Excellio
08-27-2011, 07:11 PM
You know, back in 1999 on Prexus, my brother's first character was a human Paladin, and around level 10 or so, he met another player that was a human warrior, about the same level. Back then, if you dueled someone and won, you could loot their corpse. In West Commons, my brother challenged this warrior to a duel right by the little lake, and thanks to his Lay Hands, he won the duel. He looted the junk out of that warrior's corpse.

I'm not making this up. The character's name was "Daltheb". The reason I remember that is because after a few months, my brother started a new character (an enchanter) and reached like lvl 20 something, and then he did a /who all Daltheb, and the dude was lvl 50 (the cap at the time), and we wondered how he had leveled up so quickly. I guess a few months isn't really that quickly, but to us at the time, it seemed like it.

So I wonder if this is the same Daltheb. And if so, we should kill him WC and loot his corpse.

bjosh
08-27-2011, 07:52 PM
SPELLING FAIL

Excellio
08-27-2011, 07:54 PM
SPELLING FAIL

Me?

Teensy Weensy
08-27-2011, 08:12 PM
I would like to take one for the team and volunteer myself to recieve all that suspension gold so that the server may stay stable. Just throwing it out there. I'm willing to make sacrifices. Just sayin

Felwithemagi
08-27-2011, 09:12 PM
Me?

I'm guessing the word "suspections?!" is throwing people. The op may want to try a spell checker or less dragonballz/crack.

Teensy Weensy
08-27-2011, 09:18 PM
Or the OP could perposely mizpell werds to bug overly anal grammer nazis