PDA

View Full Version : Top ten reasons you didn't get a response to your petition (in game)

Ezuen
08-26-2011, 08:32 AM
10.) You accidentally typed /guid instead of /guild.

9.) There is no one online tending the petition queue.

8.) Your petitioning for something we cannot help you with and are now offline.

7.) Your internet connection went out, and somehow its the servers fault.

6.) You logged on only to submit you petitioned then logged off.

5.) You want to change your name to a retarded novelty name.

4.) You have a retarded novelty name.

3.) You were impatient and submitted another petition and now all we can see is "bump for my previous petition".

2.) You're in guild A when the server staff is clearly biased towards guild B, or in guild B while the server staff is clearly biased towards guild A.

1.) You're looking for an IP exemption so you and your brother can play together.

**Partially joking, partially serious**

Estu
08-26-2011, 08:40 AM
Huh, I didn't know that the server can only handle one petition per person at a time. Not that I've done the bumping thing.

Ezuen
08-26-2011, 08:43 AM
Huh, I didn't know that the server can only handle one petition per person at a time. Not that I've done the bumping thing.

It displays a compacted version of each petition, however we can only view one completely.

"Hey so I was doing I doing this things in this zone and then this happ....."

"Hey not sure if you saw my first petiton or not but I figured I would..."

looks like:

"Hey not sure if you saw my first petiton or not but I figured I would bump it just in case."

Baa
08-26-2011, 09:18 AM
I usually chuck in some !!!1!1!!!!!!'s to make sure everybody knows it is important

Dr4z3r
08-26-2011, 09:41 AM
I've heard that incorporating a famous line from a 1980's movie helps.

Confirm or deny?

Tamiah2011
08-26-2011, 09:51 AM
could be they choice not to answer your petition because they dont like you.It should not be that way,But it is.Gm need to be GMs and not players and friends of players..Just my 2 cents.

Ezuen
08-26-2011, 09:58 AM
I've heard that incorporating a famous line from a 1980's movie helps.

Confirm or deny?

Bueller... Bueller... Bueller... Anyone?
Nope

Nobody puts baby in a corner
But I'm stuck in one now, help.
Most certainly

could be they choice not to answer your petition because they dont like you.It should not be that way,But it is.Gm need to be GMs and not players and friends of players..Just my 2 cents.

I respond to everyone I can, even to those who have previously rubbed me the wrong way. Now what order I respond in is a difference depending on the timeliness required by the issue, the chronological order, and previous reputation to me, is up in the air.

Tamiah2011
08-26-2011, 10:04 AM
Nope

Most certainly

I respond to everyone I can, even to those who have previously rubbed me the wrong way. Now what order I respond in is a difference depending on the timeliness required by the issue, the chronological order, and previous reputation to me, is up in the air.

Not dissing you ,But GM should answer petitions in order no matter what.And it does not work that way here.Gm should either play the game as a player or act as a GM.You should never pick and choice who you help,Its just not right..Even If i hated someone I would still help them if they were broke down on the side of the road~~That just being human.

karsten
08-26-2011, 10:16 AM
lol wut

karsten
08-26-2011, 10:17 AM
btw ezuen did you get my petition?

:cool:

Ezuen
08-26-2011, 10:27 AM
Even If i hated someone I would still help them if they were broke down on the side of the road~~That just being human.

I respond to everyone I can, even to those who have previously rubbed me the wrong way.

Sometimes the difference is a matter of seconds, other times it is a matter of minutes. Everyone still gets response when applicable. You would also have to work pretty hard to get yourself into that category, the only people I can think of right now that it would apply to if people who have personally harassed me or worse, and even some of those I can't remember their names ;)

btw ezuen did you get my petition?

About Pope? Only 5 times or so :D

CrotchCricket
08-26-2011, 10:32 AM
Pft, maybe when the GM's are getting a paycheck they will have to follow protocol. Until they get a paycheck, I say they can attend to petitions in whatever order they want. Maybe you should just be grateful these people take time out of their days to keep this server up and running.

PS-- What the chances we can get people banned based on the fact they were born with silver spoons in their hands? What are you a Bush daughter?!

Uthgaard
08-26-2011, 11:35 AM
Petitions are triaged, not FCFS. The idiot who fell off the boat in timorous comes before the idiot who made a surname while drunk who comes before the idiot who left his pegasus cloak on his corpse and it rotted. The opposing notion is pretty entertaining, however, because I know what Tamiah's really mad about.

If absolutely necessary, we could look in the db and see what the multiple petitions were about if someone spammed in several, but anyone who spams them in is either impatient or telling a life story. As a general rule, it's unnecessary and easier to ask what the hell you were talking about.

karsten
08-26-2011, 11:35 AM
About Pope? Only 5 times or so :D

and he's finally back too! <3 <3 <3

Ezuen
08-26-2011, 11:52 AM
and he's finally back too! <3 <3 <3

Something I had nothing to do with, restoring characters is something you would need a GM like Uthgaard for, not a Guide like me tending to in game petitions. :p

Striiker
08-26-2011, 02:10 PM
The opposing notion is pretty entertaining, however, because I know what Tamiah's really mad about.

I think it would be fascinating if you guys kept logs and notes about the variety of issues which you've had to deal with. Stuff like playerxx complained about <something> in the forums but here's the real story.. Or details about game mechanics (what we thought vs what they really are) Obviously this would be stuff to be published off in the future but it would be a fun read for those of us who will look back on P99's early day with great fondness. The downside is that keeping such notes is yet another thing to do.
Imagine being able to read about such things from SOE about the early days.

Rainflush
08-26-2011, 03:11 PM

Come now, Everquest clearly intended for players to give their characters retarded novelty names, why do you think we have the /surname function? It's so you can CONJOIN THE NAMES TO MAKE A TASTELESS PUN, PUERILE JOKE, OR THREADBARE REFERENCE TO INTERNET SUBCULTURE.

Bushido
08-26-2011, 03:15 PM
It displays a compacted version of each petition, however we can only view one completely.

"Hey so I was doing I doing this things in this zone and then this happ....."

"Hey not sure if you saw my first petiton or not but I figured I would..."

looks like:

"Hey not sure if you saw my first petiton or not but I figured I would bump it just in case."

If the server goes down for a reset does it wipe or keep the petitions submitted upon coming back up?

Tiggles
08-26-2011, 03:23 PM
10.) You accidentally typed /guid instead of /guild.

9.) There is no one online tending the petition queue.

7.) Your internet connection went out, and somehow its the servers fault.

6.) You logged on only to submit you petitioned then logged off.

5.) You want to change your name to a retarded novelty name.

3.) You were impatient and submitted another petition and now all we can see is "bump for my previous petition".

2.) You're in guild A when the server staff is clearly biased towards guild B, or in guild B while the server staff is clearly biased towards guild A.

1.) You're looking for an IP exemption so you and your brother can play together.

**Partially joking, partially serious**

We have logs and screenshots of a TR member agroing our trak pull into the water when we engaged that wiped our raid.

We petitioned but have not heard anything.

I would respectfully ask if you could review it for us at your earliest convince and will accept any decision you would make even if its "Piss off"

Thank you for your time

-Tiggles

druziil
08-26-2011, 04:44 PM
Dear Tiggles,

He already said he is a guide not a gm. I would infer that your situation would require a gm to access db logs. If Uthgard made this thread then your post would be relevant.

username17
08-26-2011, 04:57 PM
Ezuen, thanks for the feedback on using in game petitions.

Somewhat -not- relevant, would it be possible to allow us end users to delete their pending web based petitions?
I understand that you don't want users editing their petition, but is it possible to remove it altogether?
I have one pending from early June that is for something you probably can't help me with. I'd like to be 1 less petition in the endless queue for you guys.

Tiggles
08-26-2011, 04:57 PM
Dear Tiggles,

He already said he is a guide not a gm. I would infer that your situation would require a gm to access db logs. If Uthgard made this thread then your post would be relevant.

Dear Druzil

You are a lvl 45 druid

Ennoia
08-26-2011, 04:58 PM
Dear Tiggles,

The EQ Guide's job is to go through petitions, resolve what they can, and anything they aren't capable of handling then goes to the GMs. Basically, he sees it and is like 'Hey, Uthgaard, take a look at this'...then when Uthgaard can fit it into his already packed schedule, he takes care of it.

Ezuen
08-26-2011, 09:06 PM
If the server goes down for a reset does it wipe or keep the petitions submitted upon coming back up?

They stay.

I would respectfully ask if you could review it for us at your earliest convince and will accept any decision you would make even if its "Piss off"

Guides don't have access to view the Petition/Exploit forum unless a GM moves it out into another forum for us to respond to.

Somewhat -not- relevant, would it be possible to allow us end users to delete their pending web based petitions?

I'm a Guide, not a Developer, you would have to talk to them about that.

I have one pending from early June that is for something you probably can't help me with. I'd like to be 1 less petition in the endless queue for you guys.

8.) You're petitioning for something we cannot help you with and are now offline.

Not that I remember what petition you're referring to, but it was likely cleaned from the queue after a period of time when we could not reach you.

Felwithemagi
08-26-2011, 11:56 PM
I guided on live. While I appreciate the sentiment, there's solutions to every one of these if you think they are problems. I hope these types of issues aren't weighing you down because they are easily fixed. Let me know if you need more assistance here.

Ezuen
08-27-2011, 12:13 AM
I guided on live. While I appreciate the sentiment, there's solutions to every one of these if you think they are problems. I hope these types of issues aren't weighing you down because they are easily fixed. Let me know if you need more assistance here.

I was a Guide on live by the same name as well. The petition system works completely different on this server than it did on live. They're not problems for me at all, just a tossing out some info for those on the other side.

Mcbard
08-27-2011, 01:10 AM
Ezuen is a cool dude and nothing but helpful!

A+++ Fast Response time, courteous, will petition again!!! A+++