PDA

View Full Version : What would your main pvp class be on Red99?

Crenshinabon
08-23-2011, 02:28 PM
Title says it. Think it would be neat to see what classes are more popular and what there will be more of.

Kope
08-23-2011, 02:30 PM
This is thread #4 on this exact topic in the last month.

High pop classes on pvp servers - necros/druids/wiz's/shaman

Low pop but incredible pvp class: bards

What will I play? Probably enchanter just because I love the class, maybe an ikky necro or ogre shaman

Misto
08-23-2011, 02:31 PM
wizard. why? because

maybe. cleric.

P.S. - Didn't Rogean say he was releasing red99 without kunark

Edit: durp

Kope
08-23-2011, 02:33 PM
Didn't Rogean say he was releasing red99 without kunark

Ahh ok i've been looking for this info, thanks :D

Crenshinabon
08-23-2011, 02:33 PM
This is thread #4 on this exact topic in the last month.

And there has yet to be a poll. Calm down son.

Rushmore
08-23-2011, 02:39 PM
Anyone have thoughts on Rogues? I've never played one. I'm guessing they won't be broken since we are using 99 code. Challenging maybe as well.

Lasher
08-23-2011, 02:51 PM
your duel wielding 1hnder warrior was kind of like a rog

Rushmore
08-23-2011, 03:08 PM

haha. too many beers that nite.

Vile
08-23-2011, 03:38 PM
Rogue pre kunark = torture..

Darksinga
08-23-2011, 03:39 PM
bard is probably the most OP class with fear/charm being in game.

chain fearing an entire group to death while using their monk to kill each member is going to be ridiculously stupid insomuch that fear will be nerfed within a week or two because of QQ.

Doors
08-23-2011, 03:40 PM
Nobody has voted mage yet? Thats a load of bullstuff.

Misto
08-23-2011, 03:46 PM
Nobody has voted mage yet? Thats a load of bullstuff.

CHANGED MY VOTE 2 MAGE to satisfy your homosexual bloodlust for mage voting.

Naikon
08-23-2011, 03:53 PM
Anyone have thoughts on Rogues? I've never played one. I'm guessing they won't be broken since we are using 99 code. Challenging maybe as well.

rogues are fun, until ur raid wipes and you have to start dragging

Crenshinabon
08-23-2011, 03:55 PM
Is a shadowknight main lvl 50 lifetap in classic Lifedraw? I know they get their 2-3 minute cooldown one which hits for a solid amount. But according to 1999 wiki lifedraw is their main tap spell endgame?

XiakenjaTZ
08-23-2011, 05:22 PM
I put in for cleric but I still deciding between that or a shaman.

lethdar
08-23-2011, 05:31 PM
Rogue is the new OP amirite?

XiakenjaTZ
08-23-2011, 05:39 PM
I did not think Shaman would be that popular and I thought a rogue was something you made after kunrak and epics were available.

0 mages?

God-King Abacab
08-23-2011, 05:53 PM
Your boy Cab gonna be playing a warrior

Tonomar
08-23-2011, 05:57 PM
Figures Red99 is in the near future and my fall semester starts. I'll be able to play only on the weekends, and not even for that long. Someone play a violin for me imo. Oh, and I'll prolly play a port class... Druid doesn't sound too bad.

georgie
08-23-2011, 06:01 PM
abacab let's duo bard-war best combo

solid
08-23-2011, 06:16 PM
fighter/thief

Kope
08-23-2011, 06:17 PM
I'd actually love to play a rogue but they just seem so...boring to me. Backstab.....backstab....backstab..oh crap the shit's hitting the fan...backstab...backstab...

I could be completley wrong though.

pasi
08-23-2011, 06:17 PM
Gonna depend on how much time I have and how classic pumices are gonna be.

XiakenjaTZ
08-23-2011, 06:19 PM
Not the best thread for this but classic insta cast pumice breaks the game. I would think everyone can agree on that.

Misto
08-23-2011, 07:18 PM
Not the best thread for this but classic insta cast pumice breaks the game. I would think everyone can agree on that.

agree

Rushmore
08-23-2011, 07:37 PM

agree

Knuckle
08-23-2011, 07:42 PM
I picked a warrior because inevitably I want to be a main assist in big guild pvp fights, my days of solo pvp are over, I just don't have the time commitment anymore. Bat phone me for raid mobs and mass pvp, no one will deny im one of the best main assists in pvp if my connection stays solid. Also for any jousting tournaments you gotta be a warrior representing monsoon in classic, or AP in kunark.

But I will miss raping face on my buffed up kunark monk and Big Knukle winning rogue botb.

Knuckle
08-23-2011, 07:44 PM

God-King Abacab
08-23-2011, 07:51 PM
abacab let's duo bard-war best combo

Bard-Wiz is a sick combo, just kite shit around and let the wiz run up and PBAoE everything down

Cwall
08-23-2011, 08:57 PM
Have played bard, druid, and rogue now on these servers. Considering another bard, a shadowknight, a shaman, or a wizard now. Leaning toward bard or shadowknight, though.

georgie
08-23-2011, 11:19 PM
Bard-Wiz is a sick combo, just kite shit around and let the wiz run up and PBAoE everything down

yes

SearyxTZ
08-23-2011, 11:22 PM
Bards are not that good in classic. They're average, and horrible in dungeons.

I am surprised that no one is playing a Mage (yet). They were the undisputed strongest pvp class on Secrets box.

Melees (and hybrids to a lesser extent) will be terrible for a long time. Old world / classic = caster heaven. This has been proven many times over, both on live and on emu servers.

Darksinga
08-23-2011, 11:34 PM
a bard can solo everything in guk except lord/king ;p

vinx
08-23-2011, 11:51 PM
haha i almost picked mage for yous!
I would really like to try a necro, since all ive played on live are elves
(i did try a few versions of vz/tz but only to about 20-30 so im still an emu scrub)

but, i will fall into my old VZ routine of druid/mage
and im leanin towards druid atm, but mage is still on the table

georgie
08-24-2011, 12:09 AM

go war, i got a clr with me.

Scribbles
08-24-2011, 02:52 AM
sk DUH

jk im a lover not a h8r

Wawaka
08-24-2011, 11:27 AM
New box, new char.. gonna roll paladin on this one. :)

beentheredonethat
08-24-2011, 01:05 PM
wizard.

God-King Abacab
08-24-2011, 02:12 PM
Melees (and hybrids to a lesser extent) will be terrible for a long time. Old world / classic = caster heaven. This has been proven many times over, both on live and on emu servers.

Warriors and Rogues are a must if you want to take raiding the least bit seriously, so while they might not be one rounding people like a shaman with ebolt they're highly important for quickly killing targets and MA purposes

Stickyfingers
08-24-2011, 02:26 PM
Shaman are nasty once they hit 34. Two massive dmg dots, wolf pet, and insane utility with spirit of cheetah and buffs.

Scribbles
08-24-2011, 02:28 PM
shaman like most op class welcome to 10 years ago DUH

Knuckle
08-24-2011, 02:36 PM
Bards are not that good in classic. They're average, and horrible in dungeons.

I am surprised that no one is playing a Mage (yet). They were the undisputed strongest pvp class on Secrets box.

Once you've got raid gear on a warrior/shadowknight in classic with a nice set of resist gear and a big 2hander it starts to show, also in group PVP stun classes are king when you are calling a target and need them dead quick, melee/cleric dynamic will show through in these fights. (During Classic)

Xantille
08-24-2011, 02:57 PM
warrior obv

Roag the Gentleman
08-24-2011, 03:08 PM
Shit I picked Shaman but now I think I'm changing my mind.

juicedsixfo
08-24-2011, 03:20 PM
Originally, basically any pure melee damage would interrupt casters guaranteed (especially under 30) and they also had to "see" their target for it to land (was changed rather quickly). I remember doing the circle of death with my rogue on casters and them not even being able to get one spell off. Root and snare/slow were essential. It wasn't until 40ish that casters would have a good chance at channeling through melee damage.

On the majority of these last few boxes, melee damage would almost never interrupt (not talking about bash/slam). Even a mid level caster could channel through it. I wonder how it's going to be on red99, that will greatly determine which route I go.

XiakenjaTZ
08-24-2011, 05:53 PM
if magicians are really that unpopular i may play one. it is a fun class and pretty much easy mode PvP.

JayDee
08-24-2011, 06:16 PM
Once you've got raid gear on a warrior/shadowknight in classic with a nice set of resist gear and a big 2hander it starts to show, also in group PVP stun classes are king when you are calling a target and need them dead quick, melee/cleric dynamic will show through in these fights. (During Classic)

You are thinking of vztz where melees do 10x weapon damage

Will not be the case on red99. Melees will suck until Kunark in all likelihood. Also, stun never worked for shit on live pvp. Have to see how resists pans out.

Harrison
08-24-2011, 08:41 PM
Troll poll, no one clicked mage.

bakkily
08-25-2011, 04:25 AM
yea i've decided on a ranger, back in feb 2010, when i heard about p99, being super happy i dloaded the client asap got everything up, and was making sure i was going to roll a ranger, talking to a friend, he said i should do a shaman, well for one, he was a monk, so i rolled the shaman, and figuring if classics how i remember, it takes for ever to run from zone to zone without a sow, so i rolled a shaman, still wishing i rolled a ranger, so i just figure though i put a ton of hard work, only about a weeks worth on my current ranger, gonna sell his gear, which should net me 60k i hope, will improve my shamans gear sooo much, though i'm talking blue in a area i should be talking red,

so i'm rolling a ranger when this server comes trough, and a alt cleric, sorta miss playing the class

SearyxTZ
08-25-2011, 04:28 AM
You are thinking of vztz where melees do 10x weapon damage

Will not be the case on red99. Melees will suck until Kunark in all likelihood. Also, stun never worked for shit on live pvp. Have to see how resists pans out.

^this

Plus what 2h does a SK or Pal get in classic? A skarlon sword if they're lucky?

Warriors are the only class that are itemized halfway decent higher up during classic, since they get like four different WAR-only 30 damage weapons and half of them drop off minibosses on fairly short respawn timers. Meanwhile SKs might get a single Soul Leech after killing CT twenty times...

bakkily
08-25-2011, 04:30 AM
one thing for rangers, well the morin sword isnt bad nor orc impailer, but i love the waki's

dont know anything about wars, pals or sk's though for weapons

Kope
08-25-2011, 03:44 PM
Holy &%$@ more rogues than SKs?

Vile
08-25-2011, 03:49 PM
people picking rogue obvious trolls... or just wanna be free kills?

Mippo
08-25-2011, 03:51 PM

Probably people who can consistently land backstabs in PvP. You know, people unlike you.

I'm probably going to play a ranger if the resist system is like classic.

Kope
08-25-2011, 03:54 PM
I'm actually still deciding. I thought i was going to be an enchanter but I might want to play a more melee oriented character. SK/Rogue/Ranger sound interesting, but I still want to be viable in xp groups/raids :P

dusk883
08-25-2011, 03:56 PM
SKs, I remember in the early days, were murderous.

SearyxTZ
08-25-2011, 04:04 PM
Probably people who can consistently land backstabs in PvP. You know, people unlike you.

I'm probably going to play a ranger if the resist system is like classic.

Xant and I are gonna gank u till the ocean of tears has to spill over into a second zone

dusk883
08-25-2011, 05:32 PM
thinking out loud here,

Ogre SK will be my main, will play with an Enchanter alt if charm is enabled.

Always thought if I could do it all over again that I'd go Warrior but I don't have the patience or have enough masochist in me to do it. Always thought the high level Warriors who played on pvp servers were crazy/patient fellas that were fun to be around.

Scribbles
08-25-2011, 06:26 PM
can tell how accurate (ie, not at all) poll is by the fact that there are zero people saying they will play mages

lethdar
08-25-2011, 06:27 PM
Ranger and Rogue are the best pvp classes for classic. Easy.

Xareth
09-01-2011, 02:21 AM

I picked rogue. Torture for sure, but I'm thinkin like Knuckle. I don't have the time to devote to a solo game so it's gonna be all guild. Plus I'd be one of the only rogues - all the wantabes will fall off or reroll.

There's a good chance I'll change my mind and play a caster or hybrid until Kunark but we'll see. Playing a rogue classic is definitely the hardest and most painful.

vinx
09-01-2011, 02:54 AM
but, i will fall into my old VZ routine of druid/mage
and im leanin towards druid atm, but mage is still on the table
Im reconsidering.. to "have not decided"

druids rock for solo/group play (which is the time i got)
but dots wont stack and snare/root override each other. and those wont be removed until sometime in velious
im to used to playing a pvp druid with those attributes (im scared - and I wont be able to shake that gimped feeling)

so i will prolly go mage, or give necro a shot and be newb necro playa.. or some caster type
(no melee for me from the getgo this time)

mitic
09-01-2011, 03:00 AM
one thing for rangers, well the morin sword isnt bad nor orc impailer, but i love the waki's

dont know anything about wars, pals or sk's though for weapons

as a ranger you use 2 x ebony swords in classic till you get the axe from fear

Haunter
09-01-2011, 03:28 AM

Good one

Tombom
09-01-2011, 04:31 AM

The CC potential is unfathomable

Musori
09-01-2011, 09:17 AM
I can clearly tell from 98% of the ppl responding to this thread never even played on a pvp server?

Eq is still eq, why not play the class you enjoy insted of "the moste uberest pvp class" its more how you play your class then what class in pvp.

Certen lvls certen classes have the upper hand but it shifts back and forward but the caster classes dominates the pvp scene moste of the time.

Duno what kind of imaginations you guys have of rouges? Melee pvp is a pain you miss 30-40% becuse of trying to hit a moving target.. and the chance of a BS to acculy hit..

My guess no mather what this pull will say is that alot of the population will be casters, Mages, Wizards, Necros, Enchanters, Druids, Shamys.

Scout, tell group what classes and names, get your gank squad close kill healers -> casters -> melee dps -> then the tank. Move to next area..

Think ppl imagine looooong fights with huge numbers..Braveheart stylé then melee dps maby is the way to go... but its more an ide then what acculy hapends.. fights are short unfair and unexpected.

just my 2cp

Foxx
09-01-2011, 10:26 AM
i put in for cleric, but in reality im probobly going mage..

play like the pros

casdegere
09-01-2011, 10:34 AM
Ranger for sure so I can hunt you dogs down zone to zone.

Vile
09-01-2011, 10:35 AM
i want to be like tranch when i grow up

Lasher
09-01-2011, 10:53 AM
mages is probably the most forgivening class to individuals who are the lower end of being pvp savy. Mage doesnt have to heal, root/snare or mez anyone, can keep your distance in pvp, group is not depending on you to do anything but do dmg.

Cant Joust?
Do you mouse click and key turn?
Cant be relied on to to heal,mez,root,snare or selo?

Then the mage is for you

Tewaz
09-01-2011, 11:00 AM
Bard lf guild. Can pl with sure kites!

Lasher
09-01-2011, 11:05 AM
a better advertisment would be

Bard LF guild. Can twist songs and not leave you high and dry with out selos when pvp happens

XiakenjaTZ
09-01-2011, 11:31 AM
I would agree with Lasher. Mage is probably the easiest followed by Wizard.

Hopefully on a Mage you know how to stack pet buffs so you can unroot your pet.
On a wizard cast then yonder or shadow step, rinse repeat. Some additional tricks but thats the basics.

I played a bard a bunch. Not easy mode! Especially when your guild does not assist well. I remember countless times people bitching about missing a beat of selos mostly because they were not staying near the MA target like I was.

Kope
09-01-2011, 11:36 AM
I'm actually thinking of trying a necro out but it seems to me like there's only 1 real necro race - Iksar. Regen + ac > *. No kunark in live though so I might just hold off on my necro until Kunark.

Bah at that point necros are going to already be way overpopulated hah.

Arclyte
09-01-2011, 11:37 AM
1 Magician?

Fucking liars

XiakenjaTZ
09-01-2011, 11:43 AM
I would say that I seem to change my mind daily.
my current thoughts...
1) Ogre Shaman - can solo, can PvP, useful in groups, useful even in velious
2) Cleric - always needed end game, always wanted for groups
3) Magician - can solo, can PvP, useful in groups, EZ mode, but in raids you wind up a CoH guy or summoning Mod Rods.
4) Wizard - ports! great PvP ganker, not really wanted in groups, can't see why a guild would want more than 2 or 3 end game.

Lasher
09-01-2011, 11:44 AM
iksar are a clear choice when playing a necro or a monk especially on a pvp server. I wish human monk had bonus that actually mattered that could contend with the iksar monk regen. Human monks get faster fists until 60 or epic? I forget.

Does a lvl 60 human monk with epic and tstaff have any type of pvp advantage over a lvl 60 iksar monk with epic and tstaff? I just dont play monk enouhg to know

Vile
guaranteed to be a guild of mages from the start...

Nirgon
Erudite for free magic resist per level isn't the worst thing ever

Nirgon
09-01-2011, 11:45 AM
guaranteed to be a guild of mages from the start...

And if resists work like on live that mage pet root won't be hitting jack shit. In b4 bards only good outdoors.

XiakenjaTZ
09-01-2011, 11:49 AM
iksar are a clear choice when playing a necro or a monk especially on a pvp server. I wish human monk had bonus that actually mattered that could contend with the iksar monk regen. Human monks get faster fists until 60 or epic? I forget.

Does a lvl 60 human monk with epic and tstaff have any type of pvp advantage over a lvl 60 iksar monk with epic and tstaff? I just dont play monk enouhg to know

Not really. Damage wise their stats and DPS should be similar. I would say the iksar would be slightly better at tanking but not really noticeable unless you parse.

What has me a bit unsure is that AC actually works on P99 apparently. I don't know how much that helps.

Vile
09-01-2011, 11:51 AM
And if resists work like on live that mage pet root won't be hitting jack shit. In b4 bards only good outdoors.

these people aren't going to be too worried with PvP. they will gather many pixels for their alts..

XiakenjaTZ
09-01-2011, 11:54 AM
5 mages and an enchanter for the absolute fastest leveling?

Who really cares about healing the pets when you can always have 4 up at a time.

juicedsixfo
09-01-2011, 12:49 PM
Looking forward to the amount of fail bards

Kope
09-01-2011, 12:50 PM
Looking forward to the amount of fail bards

We'll get a lot of bards, but most of them will quit between level 20-40. I know I couldn't keep it up. My personal health (not having carpel tunnel) > uber EQ class.

coki
09-01-2011, 05:25 PM

sorry but your retarded, how else were warriors/rogues/monks supposed to hold their own against necros/druids besides a shit ton of MR gear and jboots?

pumice was a vital part of pvp

Kope
09-01-2011, 05:28 PM
your retarded

irony...this is your form

XiakenjaTZ
09-01-2011, 05:52 PM
sorry but your retarded, how else were warriors/rogues/monks supposed to hold their own against necros/druids besides a shit ton of MR gear and jboots?

I think everyone here will agree that in fact you are the mentally deficient person. Insta cast pumice is game breaking. It needs a cast time.

Tombom
09-01-2011, 06:47 PM

your comming off stupid, obvy pumice should be in game, the issue is the cast time. reading comprehension

Foxx
09-01-2011, 11:13 PM
love how only 2 ppl said they rolling mages, when 80% of the box will be mage

XiakenjaTZ
09-02-2011, 12:51 AM
I can only assume that guy can't read

Tyen01
09-02-2011, 12:59 AM
mages level faster than any character in the game.

They are going to be the bane of your life for awhile

Arclyte
09-02-2011, 01:24 AM
I have absolutely no idea what to roll

I need your help, Charles Barkley

Gnar
09-02-2011, 02:12 AM

lolol, only worse.

Hall, go ahead and try rogue in classic like the 12 other morons in this poll.

Tyen01
09-02-2011, 02:23 AM
lolol, only worse.

Hall, go ahead and try rogue in classic like the 12 other morons in this poll.

are you gonna roll tiny hands?

JayDee
09-02-2011, 02:28 AM
i wonder if lasher gonna be a rogue since hes a backstabber

Mrcurtloco
09-02-2011, 04:38 AM
i wonder if lasher gonna be a rogue since hes a backstabber

more DoTs!

Gnar
09-02-2011, 05:40 PM
Yeah salty, no nuthugger name-ganking this go around pal. You may however roll Tinyhands as a halfling girl cleric, epic name for a hobbit.

Sniperfire
09-03-2011, 08:49 AM
how come we dont have 300 or 400 ansers ohh yeah server pop will cap at 100 peak times

Sniperfire
09-03-2011, 08:50 AM
mages level faster than any character in the game.

They are going to be the bane of your life for awhile

not true

Daemrius
09-03-2011, 09:13 AM
SK. what else?

Maurk
09-03-2011, 09:54 AM
PALADIN FOR LIFE

saucer
09-04-2011, 01:11 AM
Pretty sure I will play when this opens up (really hoping it does). 3 classes I am considering:

shaman:
strengths: sow, utility, resist buffs, hp buffs. poison dots which few classes will have resists to handle and which can basically 1-shot people. pets which can will run at sow speed (big +++ for merely kiting melee). heals. can take melee punishment fairly well. @ kunark they get a huge increase in power, probably best class at lvl 60.
This class basically has it all, plus I know how to play it.
weaknesses: from 1-34 they are hard to level. During those levels the heals suck for groups, the melee sucks, and the dots are inefficient. The class is really sub par PvE wise before 34 as far as I am concerned, and I fear falling behind in leveling. Even after 34 they are still slow.
heavily leaning toward this class.

necro: haven't really played this class before, but will give it a shot.
strengths: unresistable life tap, high dmg and heals. strong pets, root/snare. poison dots again which will be tough to resist. Easy to level. can level in cramped dungeons away from pesky druids.
weaknesses: not many weaknesses, but i suppose lack of sow is a major one. secondly not a great grouping class at any point. Never having played them really limits my knowledge here.
like this class a lot, its #2 for sure. Having not played one before makes me hesitant

mage:
strengths: very fast leveling, allows you to be ahead of the curve. Gear has very little use for pve at least. high-range bolts (but, if you play p99, you will know that bolts can currently be outrun without sow, at normal running speed, unlike live). Damage shields, great for melee. Pretty strong pvp class in the early levels. Best dps in the game by a long shot until high end melee gear... maybe best pve dps until kunark.

weaknesses: I consider mages to be a very poor pvp class in the long run, namely because they have no sow, no root/snare, and are almost entirely dependent on pets which can easily be cc'd due to the resist/level of pets. They have absolutely no utility that I can think of save a lore clicky dispell stick. Would probably only choose this class to try and get an edge on leveling and camp good stuff for an alt, as mages can solo a lot of good camps at 50 OR if I had a solid group of people and they needed dps for leveling.

Sniperfire
09-04-2011, 04:22 AM
lol and what uber point blank aoe do they have in classic ohh wise one?
also how do they survive the damage

bakkily
09-04-2011, 04:29 AM
im happy to see so several others wanting to roll a ranger! i figure its going to be hell to lvl this guy up, and will be tough the first 17 lvls, hell till we get sow at 39

Bootcamp
09-04-2011, 03:52 PM
I wish I could roll a ranger. but that shit is just so horrible to start with

Vamael
09-04-2011, 03:56 PM

^^^^^ What he said, let alone the resists and huge mana drain lmao.. you're looking at draughting someone once or twice then finishing them off with IC if possible if your running around with a bard.

Kope
09-06-2011, 04:51 PM
I'm actually now thinking Warrior, Ranger, Rogue or Enchanter. Can't make a decision but chanter seems to fit my playstyle.

georgie
09-11-2011, 06:12 PM
going rogue

greatdane
09-11-2011, 06:30 PM
Maybe wizard. Nice and simple class, not too crippled by resists or dispel, can port around to hunt people or avoid gank squads. The only problem will be leveling it, because zzz.

Foxx
09-11-2011, 07:45 PM
i am playing a cleric main..

lvl 1 cleric LF 5 mages to group with upon release of box, pst

God-King Abacab
09-11-2011, 07:51 PM

You do understand I'm talking about PvE grinding right?

Knuckle
09-11-2011, 07:52 PM
Going warrior for whatever crew is willing to level me =(

vinx
09-11-2011, 08:24 PM
lol im bouncing around in my decisions to.. i know im going caster tho
if i have alot of time i will go mage for the quick trip to 50 and the lulz
if i have low/moderate time, i might give necro a try since ive never played one. even with the pet nerfs/dot and lifetap reductions /shrug
OR chanter which ive only ever boxed for buffs/JC me items.. they seem like they might be fun in pvp
mez add players and throw NPCs at someone lol idk

Titanuk
09-11-2011, 08:29 PM
Going warrior for whatever crew is willing to level me =(

not a human warrior.
once u get cool enough people like the Emperor of Chuck and Pals ask you to lvl with them .

georgie
09-11-2011, 09:04 PM
FEMALE BARB ROGUE WITH DE MASK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Silikten
09-11-2011, 09:07 PM
rogue or monk!

Knuckle
09-12-2011, 09:30 AM
not a human warrior.
once u get cool enough people like the Emperor of Chuck and Pals ask you to lvl with them .

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh4/estrang87/EQ000074-1.jpg

Did big things as Human Warrior tilly dont hate. But yeah I'll probably go ogre/troll unless I hear something about kick stun.

greatdane
09-12-2011, 09:34 AM
Kickstun should work starting at level 55. Does it on p99?

Knuckle
09-12-2011, 10:29 AM
its a moot point, i could argue how retarded it is to implement something along the 'classic timeline' when it was basically something that should of been patched prior to kunark. It's one of those gay ass things that's going to prevent me from going a certain race for a stupid reason.

greatdane
09-12-2011, 10:36 AM
But is kickstun for 55+ warriors currently in-game on p99? I can't remember when it was introduced on live.

Knuckle
09-12-2011, 10:39 AM
But is kickstun for 55+ warriors currently in-game on p99? I can't remember when it was introduced on live.

i dont give a shit i only care for red99, but ill look up the patchnotes.

greatdane
09-12-2011, 10:41 AM
It'll presumably use the same code except for whatever PvP ruleset they decide on. I'd just log in and ask some high-level warrior, but the last patch broke everything.

Nirgon
09-12-2011, 12:03 PM
Most OP class is balanced/organized raid.

There will be much QQ regarding balancing this.

neem
09-12-2011, 06:41 PM
[IMG]http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh4/estrang87/EQ000074-1.jpg[IMG]

Did big things as Human Warrior tilly dont hate. But yeah I'll probably go ogre/troll unless I hear something about kick stun.

Dammmmmmmmmn. Look at that MR lol. Did spells even land?

Titanuk
09-12-2011, 06:49 PM
dwarf warrior>

gloinz
09-12-2011, 08:08 PM
dwarf warrior>

JayDee
09-12-2011, 08:57 PM
loving the misleading poll numbers

Titanuk
09-12-2011, 09:12 PM
Where is the Zerker and Beastlord poll?

Knuckle
09-13-2011, 02:53 PM
Dammmmmmmmmn. Look at that MR lol. Did spells even land?

yeah sadly sometimes id still get rooted, and that wasnt my full MR set I had on, that was my mostly PVE/mixed set, I pushed about 240 MR with the rest of my MR gear I believe.

Also check out that infamous hit list, only top priority targets got my attention in PVP, no random switching to warriors/hybrids when u are main assist broseph

Nirgon
09-13-2011, 03:06 PM
All the bards getting blown up indoors will be lawls.

Nimblerot
09-13-2011, 03:45 PM
The class I pick is going to depend on who I end up playing with, mostly. I want to play a cleric or shaman, but if I can't find a group to roll with i'll probably end up going necro or mage.

Mardur
09-13-2011, 03:46 PM
A lot of young bards are going to be in for a unpleasant surprise.

Nimblerot
09-13-2011, 03:47 PM
Yeah, if this poll is accurate a month into the server's opening I'll eat my shoes.

Kope
09-13-2011, 03:51 PM
A lot of young bards are going to be in for a unpleasant surprise.

A lot of them will get to levels 20-40 and then reroll. People truly don't understand bards and how they play, let alone their role in PvP.

Titanuk
09-13-2011, 05:15 PM
i was a lot better bard playing kadum on live than playing anova/lethdar on emu. i am not a good classic bard but i would rape in PoP :)

Nirgon
09-13-2011, 05:38 PM
A lot of them will get to levels 20-40 and then reroll. People truly don't understand bards and how they play, let alone their role in PvP.

I heard they could run really fast and never be killed, that's why I'm making one.

mitic
09-13-2011, 05:41 PM
I heard they could run really fast and never be killed, that's why I'm making one.

you may run, but ull just die tired!

Titanuk
09-13-2011, 05:44 PM
w/e

Hobby
09-13-2011, 06:03 PM
Same here...what I play depends on who I play with. Generally speaking, I am much more of a fan of melee, maybe I'll stay with a dwarf paladin....Or try a Troll SK lol :/

greatdane
09-13-2011, 06:23 PM
Don't go troll on a PvP server. That non-existent fire resist is bad, believe me.

Titanuk
09-13-2011, 06:29 PM
that should clearly be the reason for not making a troll

Titanuk
09-13-2011, 06:30 PM
how about this, ill make a troll SK and shit on whatever caster u make

greatdane
09-13-2011, 06:38 PM
I'm unimpressed.

Greenkrak
09-13-2011, 06:53 PM
LIES

how is bard and SHAMAN the top picks.

I know soon as this server kicks off ima see 100% a shitload of wiz/dru/nec

Tombom
09-13-2011, 07:02 PM
LIES

how is bard and SHAMAN the top picks.

I know soon as this server kicks off ima see 100% a shitload of wiz/dru/nec

quit trollin, sham is top tier in classic pvp

XiakenjaTZ
09-13-2011, 07:07 PM
unless bard is seriously OP on p99 then I don't believe the bard stat either.

WTB banner space for carpel tunnel doctors.

Sirbanmelotz
09-13-2011, 08:04 PM
pretty balanced choices imo

Scribbles
09-13-2011, 08:10 PM
Yeah, if this poll is accurate a month into the server's opening I'll eat my shoes.

Pudge
09-13-2011, 08:13 PM
of course it's accurate.

with 209 ppl online, there will be a total of 5 mages across all of norrath

Xareth
09-14-2011, 12:49 AM
of course it's accurate.

with 209 ppl online, there will be a total of 5 mages across all of norrath

Beat me to it.

Actually the title of this thread should be: Lie about your 100% definite mage selection, asshats.

Kelsar
09-14-2011, 07:35 AM
I feel sorry for anyone rolling rogue.

greatdane
09-14-2011, 07:43 AM
I'm leaning strongly towards rogue. You can get 100MR with pretty modest gear, and assuming resist rates are at least vaguely similar to what they were at the time on live, that's enough to shrug off most crowd control. Stealth is pretty useful as well until Kunark introduces easy detect invis items, because pre-Kunark you have to have the actual buff cast on you (with the exception of a select few rare items like Tobrin's eyepatch) and five classes can't cast it at all, six if you include bard who only get it from travelsong. Plenty of people aren't going to run around with detect invis on permanently, or you can pumice it off of them. Throw in double snare-proccing weapons and rogue is an okay PvP class - certainly not among the top pwners, but fully capable of PvPing reasonably well. My only concern is leveling it because it's no fun leveling a group-only class as a euro on a PvP server.

Musori
09-14-2011, 08:38 AM
I duno why this thread have changed to what MR ppl should have but i can add some info from an enchanters perspektiv (played on rallos zek since early 2000).

Becuse if it dosent mather if you die fully geared you want to get the moste out of a pvp fight.. and then high mr is best value for the money.

I know its abit more expensive to have even resists.. but its plain boring with ppl only running around in full mr kit.

It might be the enchanter in me who relly is against it =)

But add itemloot and it will poff!

Billbike
09-14-2011, 10:43 AM
If item loot is in place, I'll make a pvp farm necro or Mage.
If item loot isn't in, I'll prolly roll druid or ranger.

I will play either way.

XiakenjaTZ
09-14-2011, 11:12 AM
We should redo this poll after the rules are set.

Nirgon
09-14-2011, 12:17 PM
If item loot is in place, I'll make a pvp farm necro or Mage.
If item loot isn't in, I'll prolly roll druid or ranger.

I will play either way.

Even better when pets don't survive when you zone (classic). Gg.

Yukahwa
09-14-2011, 01:07 PM
Pets zoning with you is a way way late feature. I only experienced that once when I logged on for one of those free months to just to check on my old dudes. Most people won't miss it.

Nirgon
09-14-2011, 01:53 PM
I think mages and necros will miss it in pvp.

Pudge
09-14-2011, 01:59 PM
for the sake of pvp.. i think pets should zone with the owner

Kope
09-14-2011, 02:01 PM
for the sake of pvp.. i think pets should zone with the owner

This wouldn't help pvp at all.

Diggles
09-14-2011, 02:12 PM
Nobody is going monk? :o

Nirgon
09-14-2011, 02:13 PM
I think for the sake of classic, no. This isn't arm chair pvp balance "WoW arena" foruming sirs.

war_party
09-14-2011, 02:32 PM
ogre warrior. but i know nobody in this community so im destined to fail miserably. horaay

Terpuntine
09-14-2011, 02:46 PM
ogre warrior. but i know nobody in this community so im destined to fail miserably. horaay

We can be friends then you will be destined for greatness.

Lasher
09-14-2011, 03:40 PM
We can be friends then you will be destined for greatness.

I can attest to that

Knuckle
09-14-2011, 03:50 PM
There's only room for one Ogre Warrior, level 1 joust for alpha ogre.

Kope
09-14-2011, 03:53 PM
There's only room for one Ogre Warrior, level 1 joust for alpha ogre.

An ogre warrior named knuckle doesn't seem right, i've ony seen SSs of a human named knuckle :P

Xareth
09-14-2011, 03:55 PM
I'm leaning strongly towards rogue. You can get 100MR with pretty modest gear, and assuming resist rates are at least vaguely similar to what they were at the time on live, that's enough to shrug off most crowd control. Stealth is pretty useful as well until Kunark introduces easy detect invis items, because pre-Kunark you have to have the actual buff cast on you (with the exception of a select few rare items like Tobrin's eyepatch) and five classes can't cast it at all, six if you include bard who only get it from travelsong. Plenty of people aren't going to run around with detect invis on permanently, or you can pumice it off of them. Throw in double snare-proccing weapons and rogue is an okay PvP class - certainly not among the top pwners, but fully capable of PvPing reasonably well. My only concern is leveling it because it's no fun leveling a group-only class as a euro on a PvP server.

Ever try this before, bud?

Knuckle
09-14-2011, 04:26 PM
An ogre warrior named knuckle doesn't seem right, i've ony seen SSs of a human named knuckle :P

much like the way the name knuckle was stolen and not returned on p99, the staff are going out of their way to make non large race warriors nonviable because medium/small races won't be able to kick stun until kunark.

greatdane
09-14-2011, 04:55 PM
Ever try this before, bud?

Yes. RZ, TZ, SZ, Guildwars, VZTZ 1.0 + 2.0. Randomly insulting people doesn't make you look better in any way, especially when it's based on nothing. Is it because I disagreed with you in another thread and now you want to invalidate me? Cute.

beentheredonethat
09-14-2011, 10:14 PM
I'm thinking once kunark is ready, monk with symbol of innoruk. would be just awesome.

Xareth
09-14-2011, 11:01 PM
Yes. RZ, TZ, SZ, Guildwars, VZTZ 1.0 + 2.0. Randomly insulting people doesn't make you look better in any way, especially when it's based on nothing. Is it because I disagreed with you in another thread and now you want to invalidate me? Cute.

Don't make me LOL. I have no personal beef with you. The post I referenced suggested that you were just going to take on an extremely hard task and stroll on through the park. That's why I asked.

You said with the 100mr in "moderate gear" and such is hilarious to me. First off, 100mr isn't going to do much. Second, I don't know if you plan on playing 16-18 hours a day solely grinding, but if not then it'll be many months before you can get jacinth rings, tranix crown, wgn, etc.

I laugh if people don't run around with see invis up, or if you think that most won't.

So who are you then? "Greatdane?" On RZ, TZ, SZ, and the boxes?

Nirgon
09-15-2011, 12:29 AM
You should almost never be landing roots or stuns against someone with 100 mr. That's how it was in classic.

Nirgon
09-15-2011, 12:30 AM
much like the way the name knuckle was stolen and not returned on p99, the staff are going out of their way to make non large race warriors nonviable because medium/small races won't be able to kick stun until kunark.

And lvl 55 at that

Titanuk
09-15-2011, 12:40 AM
i wonder how many names will try and be stolen on red99

Rushmore
09-15-2011, 01:00 AM
i wonder how many names will try and be stolen on red99

Easy fix. Threaten the player base that anyone caught doing so will get a week ban.

Fixed.

Scribbles
09-15-2011, 02:44 AM
o god a week ban there goes my two yellow bubbles of xp

Xareth
09-15-2011, 02:49 AM
o god a week ban there goes my two yellow bubbles of xp

That's two more than you had, dammit. Be thankful for what ye got.

Musori
09-15-2011, 02:54 AM
Dont think Xareth means anything personal, but i have never heard anyone beeing cought by a rouge =) From my pov rouges was low dps few hp. Dont think i have goten backstabbed once on my 5 years of playing on rallos zek, and without BS your dps is just below a dualwilding warrior.

Maby you confuse this game with DaoC?

Scribbles
09-15-2011, 03:05 AM
rouge

Xareth
09-15-2011, 03:10 AM
It's true, no one ever caught by a rouge.

Rogues are another story. They are badass if played right, but not so much in classic.

And if you haven't been backstabbed then RZ must suck as bad as the rumors say...:eek:

Wawaka
09-15-2011, 03:20 AM
Rogues are good in some pvp situations, but in most 1v1 they will get shit on.

They do get better with each expansion.

vinx
09-15-2011, 03:22 AM
Pets zoning with you is a way way late feature. I only experienced that once when I logged on for one of those free months to just to check on my old dudes. Most people won't miss it.
This was actually pretty cool when they put in pet zoning! (until they fixed it)
If you cast (on a mage) summon monster pet in a zone with big mobs AKA giants or w/e
and kept doing that till you got one, then zoned lol, you would come out on other side of zone with a HUGE earth elemental!

That first day i dont think i got in any pvp battles with darks cuz everyone wanted a SS or they just stood there going wtf?!
was pretty hilarious

and yeah, soon as you zone into some PKs your gonna miss it
but most the time your safe..ish

vinx
09-15-2011, 03:24 AM
not that darks dont have mages, but i ran from zone to zone with that pet in tow
and each person was like "wtf"
its just that when i happened on some darks they wanted to talk and SS versus pvp

Musori
09-15-2011, 03:25 AM
I am quite sure reafman won the besto f the best..

With way worse gear then moste of the bluebiies we still got alot of botb titles along with the 6on6 one.

So if rogues on rz sucked the rest must have been even worse with beter gear and all..

But to be honest there wherent many rogues who wasent 100% pve since the class sucked so bad in pvp and where kickass in pve.

My point is that ppl have idees of diffrent classes in pvp who havent even played pvp and its hilarious, the poll says it all.

fiegi
09-15-2011, 03:31 AM
reefman was terrible and went to a blue server. the only reason he even won the botb on rz was because he was the only one with a ragebringer

to use him as a reference on rallos is lol

Nirgon
09-15-2011, 03:44 AM
He wasn't the only one with a ragebringer at the time of the fight. Sorry.

fiegi
09-15-2011, 03:50 AM
Umm...... I'm gonna be nice for some reason here.

I am 101% sure he was the only one on rallos zek with a ragebringer at the time of the botb because we had just finished it about 3 hours prior to the rogue botb. I would know....... you wouldn't.

Musori
09-15-2011, 03:50 AM
Well it the only Rogue i could recall from around 2000.. i know my memory sucks..but maby you can enlighten me here..

Duno where you are geting at here?

I played a rogue to 58 on Rallos zek so i know how "evil" they can be =)

My point is that i think ppl who say rogues are kickass in pvp never played pvp.

fiegi
09-15-2011, 03:58 AM
Rogues in classic suck...... in kunark a well played rogue is really really good

Musori
09-15-2011, 04:04 AM
Just want ppl to forget the ide of rogues "stelthing" around and insta killing ppl.

I would say they are a nice add to any group pvp after kunark. Same with bards rangeres and even pallys..

But now we are talking with kunark expansion.

Titanuk
09-15-2011, 04:31 AM
chuck was a good rogue, even in classic
but he is a rare spawn

Musori
09-15-2011, 05:09 AM
Fiegi dont ring a bell, what guild/guilds did you play with?

fiegi
09-15-2011, 05:10 AM
Fiegi dont ring a bell, what guild/guilds did you play with?

hidden power and facultas ultrimque rog named ehunogor

Scribbles
09-15-2011, 05:13 AM
slew ehunogor many a time =3

fiegi
09-15-2011, 05:13 AM
slew ehunogor many a time =3

SS OR FRAPS OR NEVER HAPPENED.

Musori
09-15-2011, 06:17 AM
Ah, fuckers united =) I think i was to n00b to be in your range.. But one of the best pvp guilds from what i herad. Hated by many usally ment you kicked ass =)

What hapend with FU swallowed by PB or did ppl quit playing??

fiegi
09-15-2011, 10:20 AM
QUit

Lasher
09-15-2011, 10:28 AM
in kunark and velious a rog with ragebringer getting a sitting caster was always lol.

Rogs can be good on the right target, which is usually int caster with no DS

greatdane
09-15-2011, 11:02 AM
You said with the 100mr in "moderate gear" and such is hilarious to me. First off, 100mr isn't going to do much. Second, I don't know if you plan on playing 16-18 hours a day solely grinding, but if not then it'll be many months before you can get jacinth rings, tranix crown, wgn, etc.

If they go with classic resist rates, 100MR is enough to resist most magic-based spells. You don't need any of that high-end gear to get 100MR, you can get it with gear that you can mostly camp in your 30s.

Earring of Magic Reflection 5MR
Earring of Magic Reflection 5MR
White Gold Necklace 7MR
Split Paw Hide Mask 5MR
Blackened Iron Coif 5MR
Wolf's Eye Golden Bracelet 7MR
Wolf's Eye Golden Bracelet 7MR
Ravenscale Gloves 3MR
Bloodstained Mantle 10MR
Dwarven Ringmail Tunic 8MR
Runed Bone Fork 10MR
Natural 30MR for dwarf + 72 = 102MR

If you want to add Tranix crown, jacinth rings and mithril arms/legs and shit, you can get a pretty impressive MR, still without actual raid gear. My warrior on VZTZ2.0 had like 130 unbuffed before the server had been open for a month. It'll take a bit longer here because it'll be harder to actually level to the point where you can farm those items, but most of the above can be farmed at 30 or sooner.

I laugh if people don't run around with see invis up, or if you think that most won't.

Laugh at the ones who don't, that's what I've always done, but it happens regularly. Plenty of people don't run with see invis up at all times - like I said, six classes can't even cast it, and lots of people forget to do it even if they can. Stealth was always decently useful pre-Kunark. It's one of the first things to go when you pumice a guy, too - people put their sow/resist magic/resolution/haste/clarity last, not their detect invis. It's a given fact that stealth will be useful some of the time, and especially early in the server.

So who are you then? "Greatdane?" On RZ, TZ, SZ, and the boxes?

I've played on all the Zeks, but I didn't have what can be considered a main on any of them until SZ where I played Hrothgar (SnP/Umbra) and Hodja (Black Prophecy). My RZ/TZ/VZ chars were mostly in their 30s and such. On VZTZ I was Minimum/Maximum (Arduous Journey) and Bockscar (Holocaust). I don't see why it's so important for you to know who I am, but I guess if you're digging for material to use instead of actual arguments against what I've said, go ahead!

gloinz
09-15-2011, 11:16 AM
imo kickstun shouldn't be in for classicsake, a dwarf warrior doesnt need no kickstun to whoop an ogres ass anyway we got the elusive barrel roll jump jousting technique that is unmatched in pvp combat

Lasher
09-15-2011, 11:18 AM
does warrior crits interupt in classic?

gloinz
09-15-2011, 11:25 AM
does warrior crits interupt in classic?

no

greatdane
09-15-2011, 12:35 PM
Crippling hits do.

il Siciliano
09-15-2011, 02:48 PM
Gnome Enchanter or Cleric

Team Shorty<Vallon Zek> 2000-2003
Team Goody <Sullon Zek> 2003-2005

Xareth
09-15-2011, 03:37 PM
My warrior on VZTZ2.0 had like 130 unbuffed before the server had been open for a month. It'll take a bit longer here because it'll be harder to actually level to the point where you can farm those items, but most of the above can be farmed at 30 or sooner.

That was exactly my point.

I've played on all the Zeks, but I didn't have what can be considered a main on any of them until SZ where I played Hrothgar (SnP/Umbra) and Hodja (Black Prophecy). My RZ/TZ/VZ chars were mostly in their 30s and such. On VZTZ I was Minimum/Maximum (Arduous Journey) and Bockscar (Holocaust). I don't see why it's so important for you to know who I am, but I guess if you're digging for material to use instead of actual arguments against what I've said, go ahead!

Just making sure I'm not randomly insulting you based on nothing...lol

greatdane
09-15-2011, 03:40 PM
That was exactly my point.

So why was it hilarious to you?

Nirgon
09-15-2011, 03:42 PM
Umm...... I'm gonna be nice for some reason here.

I am 101% sure he was the only one on rallos zek with a ragebringer at the time of the botb because we had just finished it about 3 hours prior to the rogue botb. I would know....... you wouldn't.

I was there, yes he finished it right before but was not the only one.

Knuckle
09-15-2011, 04:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUu30zmt6Co

here is the classic rogue botb video not sure if its the same video as the one you guys are talking about

looks like a female gnome or halfling rogue from mithaniel marr won the kit and kaboodles with a ragebringer.

Foxx
09-15-2011, 05:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUu30zmt6Co

here is the classic rogue botb video not sure if its the same video as the one you guys are talking about

looks like a female gnome or halfling rogue from mithaniel marr won the kit and kaboodles with a ragebringer.

big knuck, the video u posted is the serverwide BOTB.. im pretty sure big fiegi is talking about the rallos zek specific botb tournament.

Foxx
09-15-2011, 05:03 PM
Ah, fuckers united =) I think i was to n00b to be in your range.. But one of the best pvp guilds from what i herad. Hated by many usally ment you kicked ass =)

What hapend with FU swallowed by PB or did ppl quit playing??

PB - all the asian pals got taken out by the tsunamai, the rest of them got drafted into the military and forced to serve in north korea, or wherever they r from... my guess is north korea with all that gay kthxla~ shit they said

FU - whistles were dirty

Zuranthium
09-15-2011, 07:59 PM
Definitely Necro for me. They have so many tools and fearing people is just too fun.

Knuckle
09-15-2011, 08:01 PM
Definitely Necro for me. They have so many tools and fearing people is just too fun.

player fear shouldn't be implemented as far as I know, wouldn't count on it as a sure thing.

Wonton
09-15-2011, 09:02 PM
player fear shouldn't be implemented as far as I know, wouldn't count on it as a sure thing.

Fear working on players is so broken, I hope not

Nimblerot
09-15-2011, 09:14 PM
I think fear working on players was removed very early in classic because it was just super broken, so I would hope that they don't implement it.

Titanuk
09-15-2011, 09:16 PM
it was removed in kunark or just before i think, same with charm

Lasher
09-15-2011, 10:41 PM
It was removed in like sept or october of 99 i think except for bard ae fear stayed in until like kunark.

Knuckle
09-15-2011, 10:41 PM
It was removed in like sept or october of 99 i think except for bard ae fear stayed in until like kunark.

lol

Yukahwa
09-15-2011, 10:50 PM
Yeup that sounds about right. These things took so long to change because verant literally didn't care. I dont think we are going to have a full classic progression server here so its unlikely that PC fear and stuff will be enabled, its OP and ridiculous but hey if its there I'll have a good time with an enchy for a while.

XiakenjaTZ
09-15-2011, 11:17 PM
Like PC charm. I started as an enchanter on live. That was so nuts and did not belong in the game.

As long as we are talking...

Whirl till you hurl?

max duration?

Lasher
09-15-2011, 11:22 PM
I remember using whril during classic in pvp and it worked decently but i have memories of it not working for shit in kunark

Crenshinabon
09-16-2011, 12:26 AM
I used Whirl and thought it sucked. I remember thinking "wtf its like an eight second mez?" It was not until recently I have heard people say it was the shit in classic. Was it just like a bad ass stun?

Titanuk
09-16-2011, 12:43 AM
whirl so broken on vztz no fair

JayDee
09-16-2011, 04:57 AM
you know the spell was fucked up because people never used it on live and it was a must on vztz/p99

no mana quick cast stunlocking no thanks

mitic
09-16-2011, 05:10 AM
thinking about rolling a clr now, dunno why lol...guess i like it the hard way :D

btw, whirl is OP in p99, it was especialy in classic with lower MR. ive made a post in bugs forum but it never got fixed (duration lowered/resist increased, especialy in pvp)

greatdane
09-16-2011, 07:13 AM
It did get fixed. Now the duration is like randomly 1-12 seconds and it tends to break on damage. It's worthless now except for interrupting casts maybe, but you might as well use the level 4 mez for that if you're gonna try. Not that it'll work in PvP once people have any kind of gear.

pojab
09-16-2011, 01:13 PM
man mrylokar looks fucking awesome on hobbits

greatdane
09-16-2011, 01:51 PM
Magician 6 2.41%

The 18% magician population is too embarrassed to admit that's what they'll be playing.

Kope
09-16-2011, 02:06 PM
So I'll probably play an enchanter till Kunark then roll an ikky necro haha :D

letsjoe
09-16-2011, 05:06 PM
you know the spell was fucked up because people never used it on live and it was a must on vztz/p99

no mana quick cast stunlocking no thanks

vztz was loaded with enchanters to back this up too.......errr...

i think null changed a few things like whirl, and maybe the rune code to allow dots to be absorbed. (pretty sweet too, because anyone who played a caster on live probably felt like rune should do that)...anyways. point is, ench really don't have that much else, and it was resisted pretty commonly too. not a big issue.

Billbike
09-16-2011, 05:29 PM
Atleast the necros aren't scared to vote.

Now theres a tough class to play during classic pvp.

All of the pure melees will roll mages 2 weeks in, once they get violated repeatedly.

Galacticus
09-16-2011, 05:35 PM

Serious. The numbers show the best pvp classes with the most numbers. How suprising?

Kope
09-16-2011, 05:36 PM

fear dot dot?

There needs to be a sarcasm button on the internets.

Galacticus
09-16-2011, 05:56 PM
fear dot dot?

There needs to be a sarcasm button on the internets.

now theres a tough request to make...

greatdane
09-16-2011, 10:20 PM
Fun trick for enchanters:

Weakness and Incapacitate stack, and if you can land a mez on someone (which isn't too hard with tash), you can land both of these as well. That's -120 strength, enough to snare and probably also completely root anyone except planar-geared ogres and trolls. Essentially makes it a like 5-minute root that doesn't break on nukes. It's insane.

Kelsar
09-16-2011, 10:31 PM
Fun trick for enchanters:

Weakness and Incapacitate stack, and if you can land a mez on someone (which isn't too hard with tash), you can land both of these as well. That's -120 strength, enough to snare and probably also completely root anyone except planar-geared ogres and trolls. Essentially makes it a like 5-minute root that doesn't break on nukes. It's insane.

Shamans get a similar tactic. It's an easy way to find out the players that are cheating/offsetting their runspeed.

greatdane
09-16-2011, 10:42 PM
I don't think shamans get both lines, though. Plus unresistable tash + mez makes it much easier for an enchanter to apply both. It makes a pretty big difference - most are alright with a SoW even if they get hit with -50 strength, but if they dip below 0 strength, they're rooted no matter what. Pretty much any caster and weak-race melee is gonna be permarooted with both debuffs on.

Ames
09-16-2011, 10:47 PM
Gunna be rollin a Necro or SK

Spud
09-16-2011, 11:30 PM
not gonna lie

i'll probably be rolling a magician.

Billbike
09-17-2011, 10:51 AM
No iksar, no monks.

Also, monks are awesome during classic.