PDA

View Full Version : Druids UNITE for advice.

Eternal-Elf
08-23-2011, 12:10 PM
Newbie Druid here. Made the decision to go with Druid after all and got him to level 6 last night. Just wondering if anyone had any advice on where to go, what to hunt, and the best ways to play a druid so I could start off on the right foot.

Already got screaming mace, and shield from CB. so that helps a BIT for level 6.

Thanks for your help guys !!!!

bakkily
08-23-2011, 12:31 PM
heh druids

stick to cb up to lvl 13 or so

13-15 for druid solo, i'd say you could do the sister camp in lesserfay, but the best zone for solo exping from 15-25 hands down, one of my favorite spots is ek, you can even start at 14, but from 14-17 or so stick to the river by the water fall, lots of wolves, gnolls, ect out there that lvl range, then from 17-22 can do the gorge hounds, and theres some other mobs in that range, but go do this by the xorbb gorge area

if you feel brave enough at 21/22, do spiders up to 25, this is all nice smooth lvling here and no one will bother you, then you can hop over to woolly mammoths in everfrost up to 29

though i dont play druids, i enjoy grouping with them, but a class i wont ever play, with my ranger at lvl 30 in unrest i could solo the first area of the basement easily, all single pulls, would make a yellow in 35 mins, as long as no ones in the zone, but ive seen lvl 25-32 druids soling basement, fr, bar mobs easily, id say beaware of all dark boned till lvl 31, or so, though all are lvl 26-28 or so i'm guessing, they wooped my ass many times there

but if you want to do old world, finally remembering all the spots i would do a year ago, kodiaks in rathe mnts great for 14-18, of course oasis, but never saw people kiting there,

there the karanas 10-35,

but in kunark, tons of great spots anywhere to lvl,

bakkily
08-23-2011, 12:35 PM
doing a 2nd post because i didnt want the first to time out and not be able to post it, but i figure you know of fob in the beginning lvls, but all these spots in kunark are areas i duoed with my necro friend back in may

20+ great amount of mobs in lake, 25-30 warsliks giants, then 30-34 the brutes, but a great hot spot for 30-36, really good exp, pirates in fv, will always find singles with track, and die easy, hit semi hard, usally always in the 30-50 range, not a ton of hp, then id say do 36-40 in ot with pet charm, no one touches fm's any more, so good area for 30-40, all i can think of atm

Eternal-Elf
08-23-2011, 12:54 PM
damn man thanks, that is ALOT of info I just printed it lol

Thanks alot !

beentheredonethat
08-23-2011, 12:55 PM
I could use some advice too. It's been a while and I got to 3 couple of days ago in greater faydark. Now getting to 4 is a bit tough since the mobs are either lvl 1 meaning it's very slow, or at least 5+ (orcs) which makes them untouchable.

getting groups at 3 isn't easy. bunch of level 3's just get slaughtered by orcs since our heals can't outheal the damage taken.

Kope
08-23-2011, 01:00 PM
I could use some advice too. It's been a while and I got to 3 couple of days ago in greater faydark. Now getting to 4 is a bit tough since the mobs are either lvl 1 meaning it's very slow, or at least 5+ (orcs) which makes them untouchable.

getting groups at 3 isn't easy. bunch of level 3's just get slaughtered by orcs since our heals can't outheal the damage taken.

look for spiders and pixies. level 3 and 4 are kinda difficult in GF but you'll be fine, just kill all the mobs you see that con white or blue.

Estu
08-23-2011, 01:34 PM
Charm animals in East Karana from 14 to 23 or so. Extremely fast, efficient EXP.

lilyanna
08-23-2011, 01:41 PM
I'm trying out a little druid at the moment. I was told South Karana for your 20's - 30's

Zapatos
08-23-2011, 03:19 PM
If you want an easy, safe, and soloable leveling route, especially if you find yourself with limited playtime or don't want to bother with too many dungeons, there's always this path.

• Newb Zone to 5
• Crushbone to 15
• Oasis to 20 hunting crocs
• South Karana to 34 off elephants/aviacs/centaurs then quadding the 4 spire gnolls from 34 to 37 or whenever they go light blue (yea it's a lot of time in SK, but you'll be able to get a pegasus feather cloak while you're there)
• Ocean of Tears to 49 quadding spectres... start as soon as you have the mana to down them imo.
• Timorous Deep - to 53 quadding aviacs then to 56 or so quadding or charming raptors.

But then by that point you probably won't want to play a druid anymore and roll an iksar monk like the rest of them.

beentheredonethat
08-23-2011, 04:31 PM
look for spiders and pixies. level 3 and 4 are kinda difficult in GF but you'll be fine, just kill all the mobs you see that con white or blue.

There are plenty of "pixies". However i lose some faction when I do so I'm not sure how dangerous is this, or how far I can take it before consequences of these actions become harmful to me.

3-5 greater fay is tough.

Anything that can be suggested here?

Rasah
08-23-2011, 05:17 PM
For level 3-5, run over to steamfont to the kobold camp. They are level 4, and enough of them can be single pulled so you will always have something to fight. Just pull them away a bit so they don't flee into a fully populated camp.

Kope
08-23-2011, 05:20 PM
There are plenty of "pixies". However i lose some faction when I do so I'm not sure how dangerous is this, or how far I can take it before consequences of these actions become harmful to me.

To my knowledge the faction is never used.

http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/faction.html?faction=316

Hamahakki
08-23-2011, 05:41 PM
Do this quest until level 6. Faster than killing mobs, and you get a plat each time.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=441

Then head to crushbone or EC.

Eternal-Elf
08-23-2011, 05:45 PM

Best thing I can suggest that I did was go to Steamfont. There are a ton of kobalds in the newbie area that are even or dark dark blue level 2 there. And you can get some bad ass exp there. As long as you heal up

beentheredonethat
08-23-2011, 06:33 PM
awesome, thanks for all the advice guys.

Raghnar
08-23-2011, 09:16 PM
You can also do the beer quest in Rivervale for decent xp and various reward coin between 2g and 9pp.