PDA

View Full Version : Speak Truth to Power

Macken
08-22-2011, 07:06 AM
Must grab opportunity before it's too late to speak.

Not gonna sugarcoat. Not gonna apologize for the truth.

Let me first state, that relatively speaking, the staff on all emu pvp servers I've played are phenomenal.

From a point of perfection, they are horribly flawed.

I can't program. I had to have help to intall and play VZTZ. I made the mistake of thinking anyone who could program EQ and would launch a pvp server, would obviously know more about pvp dynamics than me.

Boy was I wrong.

It really scares me that the people in charge don't already know that rules are an extremely bad idea. Your "fix" causes so many other problems, you would be wiser to leave it be.

The fact that you are even asking about it, means you don't already know better. PvP rules were implemented on VZTZ against my advice. I had already experienced free trade pvp on SZ and already knew what works and what doesn't. They didn't listen. But they eventually learned. PvP rules were rescinded.

It's one thing to have to fail after being told already, then have to listen to them say "i told you so". It's altogether a different story to hear "i told you so" and still do it again. That denotes a lack of intelligence, memory, or learning capacity.

Everyone should be really scared right now for the long term viability of red99.

You will kill the pop before you even start if you are not careful. I could really go in depth here, but not trying to put everyone asleep, just a few of you.

Rules will set the average GM attrition rate to astronomical levels. If you make 1 rule -- just ONE rule... and you will need to make a separate forum section just for GM favoritism threads. Nilbog will have to hire a secretary just to keep up with moderation. Every ruling will require a judge. Every judge will become the newest forum punching bag and target of discontent. You think you are worried about new players reading negative comments now? Hope you have alot of staff applications on hand. You will run through them in 6 months....if server lasts that long. It might help if you go ahead and advertise in USA TODAY for babysitters. They would probably be more qualified for this job than the GMs.

Trim the fat. Put your resources into hack prevention. If you were able to control just that one area, you will have progammed a better eq pvp server than has ever been made... including live.

If you want to make 1 rule about training, I would welcome that from a population point of view. But if you make that one rule about trains, I will not be surprised if you wish you hadn't in 6 months.

Listen to me now, or believe me later.

You have been warned.

Again.

P.S. To staff, needing help mitigating the trolling: The above post was carefully worded to elicit an emotional response for a desired outcome. If you are angry at the above post, and it motivates you to do the wise thing, then despite your anger, you are qualified to be in your position and should be proud.

Conversely, if you are angry and it paralizes or prevents you from doing the wise thing, (searyx effect) then you are not qualified for your position and would do yourself and everyone else a favor by resigning now, and come try to kill me on new server instead. That is, if i am allowed to play seeing as how i just spoke truth to power.

TLDR: Free Trade PvP is the only way.

Doors
08-22-2011, 09:18 AM
I mean I got a headache reading that. But I kind of agree. LnS is a good example of a rule that they really shouldn't even bother trying to enforce. Just going to be one massive headache 2 weeks in.

Harrison
08-22-2011, 10:40 AM
Lol macken thinks anyone gives a fuck about his opinion

Deadmantis
08-22-2011, 10:44 AM
Training will be against the rules.

Yes I know this won't stop people from doing it.. but that's why pvp servers are filled with douchebags~

Misto
08-22-2011, 10:59 AM
iCare

OngorDrakan
08-22-2011, 11:21 AM

!!!! :D

Lazortag
08-22-2011, 11:58 AM
Rules wouldn't be needed if reputation mattered on eqemu pvp servers. Unfortunately you have carte blanche to be as much of a douchebag as possible and your reputation will be the same as someone who's never even pvp'd before.

Who are you going to listen to? The person running the highest population eqemu server, or the person who's never been part of a server with a population higher than 100? Who has more authority to say what's best for red99's longevity?

Envious
08-22-2011, 12:35 PM
The best bet for R99's longevity is no GM interaction beyond game mechanics.

Slander, racial slurs, training, LnS, BC'ing... none of that warrants a GM on a PvP server.

Some guy calls you a word you dont like, get friends and go CC / BC him for a few hours. Or fucking use ignore~

Bardalicious
08-22-2011, 12:48 PM

Macken
08-22-2011, 01:45 PM
Who are you going to listen to? The guy who has won practically every pvp server he has ever played on, or someone else? If macken doesn't have the authority to say what's best for red99's longevity, who does?

Your choice.

Your consequences.

Yoda says, don't let your hate cloud your judgement.

Don't led the dark side shroud the truth of light in a cloak of darkness.

Harrison
08-22-2011, 01:46 PM
You must be off your meds today, kid.

Macken
08-22-2011, 05:07 PM
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

George Santayana

Nyrod
08-22-2011, 06:54 PM
i cant stand macken, never could...

but i 99.99% agree with him, you cant make rules and not enforce them and you think you guys have shit to deal with on p99 end game drama, it will be a fucking cake walk compared to the clusterfuck of a mess pvp drama is/will be

now, that said i think if you make VERY FEW and SIMPLE SIMPLE SIMPLE rules that can be enforced EASILY and are CLEAR CLEAR CLEAR how they will be enforced and fucking enforce them, you wont have any problems

case in point, i am totally for a rule: no training or perma ban on account, because training has to be the single most fucked up pvp strat ever on pvp server (you obviously cant kill whoever you trained)

its simple, GM witness or crystal clear fraps and if you get a proxy train you simply must die or face the possibility of a ban yourself, its not rocket science

so many rules are just useless, ITS PVP EXPECT TO DIE on corpse run, at bind, people being total dicks to you etc etc you cant expect to police that shit sorry

JayDee
08-22-2011, 06:57 PM
phyre fighting for his right to party

SanlavenTZ
08-22-2011, 08:05 PM
Macken = Phyre = Nova's brother? Or did he just play Phyre on occasion?

Rushmore
08-22-2011, 08:22 PM
Must grab opportunity before it's too late to speak.

Not gonna sugarcoat. Not gonna apologize for the truth.

Let me first state, that relatively speaking, the staff on all emu pvp servers I've played are phenomenal.

From a point of perfection, they are horribly flawed.

I can't program. I had to have help to intall and play VZTZ. I made the mistake of thinking anyone who could program EQ and would launch a pvp server, would obviously know more about pvp dynamics than me.

Boy was I wrong.

It really scares me that the people in charge don't already know that rules are an extremely bad idea. Your "fix" causes so many other problems, you would be wiser to leave it be.

The fact that you are even asking about it, means you don't already know better. PvP rules were implemented on VZTZ against my advice. I had already experienced free trade pvp on SZ and already knew what works and what doesn't. They didn't listen. But they eventually learned. PvP rules were rescinded.

It's one thing to have to fail after being told already, then have to listen to them say "i told you so". It's altogether a different story to hear "i told you so" and still do it again. That denotes a lack of intelligence, memory, or learning capacity.

Everyone should be really scared right now for the long term viability of red99.

You will kill the pop before you even start if you are not careful. I could really go in depth here, but not trying to put everyone asleep, just a few of you.

Rules will set the average GM attrition rate to astronomical levels. If you make 1 rule -- just ONE rule... and you will need to make a separate forum section just for GM favoritism threads. Nilbog will have to hire a secretary just to keep up with moderation. Every ruling will require a judge. Every judge will become the newest forum punching bag and target of discontent. You think you are worried about new players reading negative comments now? Hope you have alot of staff applications on hand. You will run through them in 6 months....if server lasts that long. It might help if you go ahead and advertise in USA TODAY for babysitters. They would probably be more qualified for this job than the GMs.

Trim the fat. Put your resources into hack prevention. If you were able to control just that one area, you will have progammed a better eq pvp server than has ever been made... including live.

If you want to make 1 rule about training, I would welcome that from a population point of view. But if you make that one rule about trains, I will not be surprised if you wish you hadn't in 6 months.

You have been warned.

Again.

P.S. To staff, needing help mitigating the trolling: The above post was carefully worded to elicit an emotional response for a desired outcome. If you are angry at the above post, and it motivates you to do the wise thing, then despite your anger, you are qualified to be in your position and should be proud.

Conversely, if you are angry and it paralizes or prevents you from doing the wise thing, (searyx effect) then you are not qualified for your position and would do yourself and everyone else a favor by resigning now, and come try to kill me on new server instead. That is, if i am allowed to play seeing as how i just spoke truth to power.

TLDR: Free Trade PvP is the only way.

Macken speaks the truth!

On the last box a Veteran in the PVP world trained the shit out of Searyx and I hardly ever saw him afterwards. It wasn't pretty.

But on the other hand from recent previous posts Searyx supports not making rules against training.

So there you have it.

The only reason I would be against training is there is a nerd out there without job, without BJs, without Life...who will train myself and others until I have to go to bed. And that's just not healthy. For me anyways.

BTW Knuckled trained Searyx and it was hilarious. But I wept.

Macken
08-22-2011, 08:24 PM
Legend has it that it was just you and a few others on VZTZ.

I played all the rest of the characters.

Nirgon
08-22-2011, 10:39 PM
No pvp level limits in raid zones for starters

Macken
08-23-2011, 03:29 AM
SZ rules complete with leaderboard minus trains = $

SearyxTZ
08-23-2011, 04:09 AM
Macken speaks the truth!

On the last box a Veteran in the PVP world trained the shit out of Searyx and I hardly ever saw him afterwards. It wasn't pretty.

But on the other hand from recent previous posts Searyx supports not making rules against training.

So there you have it.

The only reason I would be against training is there is a nerd out there without job, without BJs, without Life...who will train myself and others until I have to go to bed. And that's just not healthy. For me anyways.

BTW Knuckled trained Searyx and it was hilarious. But I wept.

Uh, I kept playing pal - you got this the other way around. Kaybee and I just went back there and naked-trained them in response, and (surprise), there was no more training from either side after that.

Knuckle managed to get himself killed in PoFear and quit logging in entirely. Sanlaven and I went something like 9392-1 against him, although I will say this is largely due in part to the fact that you could crit for 2k damage with a Wizard on that server.

I made a post about training/rules, and I've already used plenty of superlatives in trying to describe the gravity that is trying to cover just that one rule on a red server. I would understand and play regardless of whether they choose to do this or not, as both options come with baggage.

no rules = worse player experience, potential negative player pop impact (happened on VZTZ. Swedish guild left server entirely)

training rule = high drama/controversy, hard on staff (lots of effort and time)

Aenor
08-23-2011, 06:33 AM
I made a post about training/rules...

Searyx, I didn't see in the big thread if you answered my question about your brainstorming of ways to address training through code. Does the server distinguish initial proximity agro from subsequent proximity agro, i.e. can more agro be assigned to the first person on the hate list so that the mob sticks to that person?

SearyxTZ
08-23-2011, 06:42 AM
Yes, that can be coded.

It doesn't solve FD training or training naked and just eating a death (which is usually the route taken when ur trying to pull half of Fear/Hate/Guk down on top of someone)

Aenor
08-23-2011, 07:03 AM
It doesn't solve FD training or training naked and just eating a death.

But it would cut down on training by non FD or DA/Harmshield classes. Then you throw in making mobs in raid zones summon if you try to pull them too far and it cuts down even more. Doesn't prevent all trains but it would cut down on them significantly.

Darksinga
08-23-2011, 07:22 AM
Just let training be. Never understood why training was such a big deal when if you had 1/2 a brain you'd leave one group behind to block off trainers while the 3 other groups did the raid. Common sense.

Also, if you put in the "make you go LD rule after you aggro x amount of mobs..." imagine how much exploitation would go on!

Training right up to nagafen when you trigger the 50th mob and bam a free FD

Aenor
08-23-2011, 07:40 AM
Never understood why training was such a big deal...

Training is such a big deal because 2-3 full groups spend 2 hours clearing to and setting up to pull a raid boss. One douchebag runs their cleric in with DA and wipes the raid and costs 12+ people hours worth of effort in a few seconds.

What you're basically saying with your comment about leaving a group behind to guard against trainers is that all guilds who hope to raid should be gigantic zergs who have so many toons they can afford to leave a group behind and still have no trouble engaging the raid boss.

JayDee
08-23-2011, 03:53 PM
people who want trains to be allowed are either trolls or griefers

Knuckle
08-23-2011, 04:56 PM
Uh, I kept playing pal - you got this the other way around. Kaybee and I just went back there and naked-trained them in response, and (surprise), there was no more training from either side after that.

Knuckle managed to get himself killed in PoFear and quit logging in entirely. Sanlaven and I went something like 9392-1 against him, although I will say this is largely due in part to the fact that you could crit for 2k damage with a Wizard on that server.

I made a post about training/rules, and I've already used plenty of superlatives in trying to describe the gravity that is trying to cover just that one rule on a red server. I would understand and play regardless of whether they choose to do this or not, as both options come with baggage.

no rules = worse player experience, potential negative player pop impact (happened on VZTZ. Swedish guild left server entirely)

training rule = high drama/controversy, hard on staff (lots of effort and time)

I died to Sanlaven and you once each, ONCE. I was level 7, and level 27 both times in nektulos forest. I had no gear, i had a shield and a weapon. I got rooted and had no means to dispell myself(who has 6pp for pumices with ONE CHARGE leveling up on searyx'd mobs =p) and yeah I got one shotted by a crit from sanlavens shock of lightning that did more damage than an ice comet.

I died in plane of fear to mobs because binds were removed from plane of fear and no one could teleport me out so I attempted to exit through the temple and died to amygylans. I was never able to CR so quit playing.

dont troll me bro

Rushmore
08-23-2011, 05:53 PM
Knuckle if they don't change the brutal naming policy I don't think a lot of people will get there old names. IT has nothing to do with someone else taking it.

I tried to create a character today on 99 and 15 names failed before I got one accepted.

The filter is hardcore. A name like Knuckle won't be allowed. :(

Doors
08-23-2011, 06:42 PM
All these stories make me laugh. Everyones got their own version. Can't say its been fun reading an entire summers worth of shit talk from kids when theres no red box to play on. Guess we'll find out soon enough who's all bark and no bite.

SanlavenTZ
08-23-2011, 07:00 PM
But it would cut down on training by non FD or DA/Harmshield classes. Then you throw in making mobs in raid zones summon if you try to pull them too far and it cuts down even more. Doesn't prevent all trains but it would cut down on them significantly.

I would say probably 99% of the time the person training is not concerned with dying after running a group of mobs past other players or they are a FD class. Ensuring that mobs keep aggro on the person training until they die, FD, or zone would hardly solve anything. Mobs already tend to do this.

Macken
08-23-2011, 08:56 PM
Guess we'll find out soon enough who's all bark and no bite.

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/8271/44a3696e94b14a61a9655f3.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/402/44a3696e94b14a61a9655f3.jpg/)

Knuckle
08-23-2011, 10:17 PM
All these stories make me laugh. Everyones got their own version. Can't say its been fun reading an entire summers worth of shit talk from kids when theres no red box to play on. Guess we'll find out soon enough who's all bark and no bite.

the only players that will have 'bite' on a server like this for the first 6 months will be casters and guild clusters. i can crush end game on a melee once I get some resist gear, but im just a sitting duck untill then.

Rushmore
08-23-2011, 10:40 PM
the only players that will have 'bite' on a server like this for the first 6 months will be casters and guild clusters. i can crush end game on a melee once I get some resist gear, but im just a sitting duck untill then.

No worries there won't be any YT it seems.

Macken
08-23-2011, 10:59 PM
I've made a living off making pronouncements that always come true...not because i'm smart, but because i'm not ignorant.

When disobeyed and my word is born out, I have always come back to make fun and say "i told you so"

If there is no YT or no leaderboard, this server is already dead in the water.

You heard it here first.

And i will come back in 6 months and make fun of those who didn't listen.

Count on it.

Rushmore
08-23-2011, 11:08 PM
I mean least code it so that YT doesn't say what zone your in.

I won't go as far as agreeing with Macken that the server will fail. But it just makes things more entertaining for all. Global Chat as well.

Like Searyx stated even MJ talked shit. Its part of the game. Don't mute the shit talkers just the cheaters.

JayDee
08-23-2011, 11:21 PM
If there is no YT or no leaderboard, this server is already dead in the water.

Leaderboard killed box 1.0 when it was implemented. I remember telling the devs that before they implemented it and subsequently posted proof of our numbers during downtime going down from ~20-30 to literally 0.

They removed it accordingly

Stop shitting up these threads bro. Rogean might take you seriously.

JayDee
08-23-2011, 11:23 PM
atleast I think it was 1.0. all these boxes blending into one at this point

eastadam55
08-23-2011, 11:27 PM
idk i just think that r99 is a hoax, i don't believe its going to happen....

Macken
08-23-2011, 11:58 PM
I respect your opinion JD, but i believe you are wrong.

It was 1.0 and it wasn't there on launch.

After raping the server with Heresy I took 3 months off and was disinterested until someone called me up and told me they launched a board. I logged on that day. Now you know why i believe different.

I feel that we are all truly pvpers..even Harrison. We are all just in different stages of metamorphosis. After your pupa stage, you will realize that the more rewards there are for pvp, the longer you can stay interested...for say like 10 years.

Macken
08-24-2011, 12:06 AM
2.0 they also posted individual and guild pvp points once.

The fallout from that is legendary. Alot of fun has been had over that. I would go so far enough to say it's part of 2.0 lore.

How else could you tease Salty so much over fish bait?

Just sayin'

Macken
08-24-2011, 12:30 PM
On one hand i feel the people in charge are so talented and i am jealous a little of their ability to program. I look up to them in that regard.

But, on the other hand, i wonder just how ignorant you would have to be to not understand that awards and recognition are paramount in life.

Did you not get a ceremony and diploma for graduating kindergarten? Did you not get a ceremony for High School or college. Did you never get any badges rewards or recognition for any group you have been a part of? Ever heard of the Academy Awards? Grammy's? People's Choice? Yearly meetings where those of a group who were outstanding were recognized? Ever won a trophy? Ever made the cut for a sports team? Ever won a sports league and went to the awards ceremony?

Have any of you ever been recognized for anything ever in your life and experienced the emotion and feeling of satisfaction of your accomplishments?

How can you be so talented in one highly specialized area yet be so ignorant about simple life lessons?

You can continue to make the colossal mistake of catering to those who won't play long anyway, or you can recognize that catering to those who are weak encourages apathy and amateurism and that fact that they whine and cry means they will just whine and cry about something else after you pacify them.

Keep catering to those crybabies and you will look ignorant to more than just those of us who are wise.

Believe it.

Kope
08-24-2011, 12:33 PM
No Macken, you're just wrong.

PvP in itself is the reward. Your reputation is your reward in the community. People get to know you for your actual skill as a player, not how many times you can gank someone.

Macken
08-24-2011, 12:39 PM
No Screenshot

No YT

No leaderboard

Never happened.

Kope
08-24-2011, 12:57 PM
So basically Macken you're telling me the only thing that's important to you is ganking, not the actual pvp or reputation for being a skilled player?

It's only the YT of a gank that you care about?

If that's the case we will never really have anything to talk about, ever :P

Bardalicious
08-24-2011, 01:15 PM
So basically Macken you're telling me the only thing that's important to you is ganking, not the actual pvp or reputation for being a skilled player?

Yes Kope, that is exactly what he's talking about. Macken is the perfect representation of why leaderboards and yellow text don't work. He's perfectly happy convincing himself and others that the guy he engaged and killed at 23% hp is a result of his elite PVP skills. Yellow text nor leaderboards give any context to fights, thus someone like Macken prefers it over actually having to earn an honest reputation.

When you implement a system that does not discriminate against the man that goes 12-6 K/D in a week of regular old PVP combat, and the guy that went 12-1 because he ganked at every turn and plugged 15 of his deaths away, which direction do you think every day PVP will take?

Of course someone like Macken is going to take the easy way out and then spend the entirety of his time trying to convince you that he's got mad skills, when in reality he's doing nothing but deterring actual PVP from taking place while he hides behind the visage of promoting it.

First to gank, first to plug. Those are the mottoes of most people that support YT and LB.

Macken
08-24-2011, 01:50 PM
The pain and fear of being on the wrong side of YT is palpable in both of your posts.

Speaking of repution...i believe i'm known for solo pvp. Me vs. 6. Me vs 12. Me vs 18 and so on. Look at the dozens of screenshots i post. I am almost ALWAYS pvping solo, because i need the challenge to stay interested for 10 years.

After you two pass the pupa stage, you will understand. Until then, you can continue to be confused.

Anyone who is against yt or a board, you will find is scared and on the wrong side of a fight most times.

Humerox
08-24-2011, 02:01 PM
Anyone who is against yt or a board, you will find is scared and on the wrong side of a fight most times.

Bull%$^#.

and that's all i have to say about that.

Macken
08-24-2011, 02:02 PM

I thought about making fun of you and embarassing you like i do bardalicious all the time, but then i realized this is no different than when my 4 yr old nephew tells me that icecream and cookies are good for you.

He really believes it is good for you, he's just too inexperienced to know better yet. But i know one day he will get it.

So i must pat you on the head and smile and change the subject.

How's your dolls today? are they behaving?

Macken
08-24-2011, 02:03 PM
I can't stand for people to know i'm not as good as i pretend.

they whipped mine...they know it, I know it, and that's the extent of people i want to know.

1) On SZ live everyone knew who the good pvpers were, because of the leaderboard.

and that's all i have to say about that.

Stupid is as stupid does.

Bardalicious
08-24-2011, 02:31 PM
Don't gotta cry over the fact Rogean isn't implementing YT and Leaderboard bro. He pretty much outright stated it in one of his posts.

You can continue lying to yourself in that you think YT and LB systems promote anything but ganking and plugging, of which you are a grand testament.

I look forward to our encounters on Red99 pal.

Macken
08-24-2011, 02:55 PM
Don't gotta cry over the fact Rogean isn't implementing YT and Leaderboard bro. He pretty much outright stated it in one of his posts.

You can continue lying to yourself in that you think YT and LB systems promote anything but ganking and plugging, of which you are a grand testament.

I look forward to our encounters on Red99 pal.

If Rogean caters to cry babies like you, he will soon find out that you can never satisfy cry babies.

Once you realize that no YT and no board doesn't help you any, you will find another excuse for why you keep winding up on the wrong side of each fight.
You will then began to cry and ask for more changes so you can somehow compete.

Free Trade pvp is the only way.

maverixdamighty
08-24-2011, 02:57 PM
add in a special yellow text message for people that like to ht themselves, quite a few of them in this thread.

Macken
08-24-2011, 03:05 PM
play better.

Harrison
08-24-2011, 04:49 PM
lol does anyone ever side with this downie?

If you're any good, and we all know you're not, you won't need fucking yellow text. People will know.

You're just a whiny little girl and it's very apparent. The success of this server will directly hinge on not listening to failures like you, and the people that brought down countless other pvp servers.

You're terrible.

Macken
08-24-2011, 07:38 PM
OK Bardalicious, Harrison and Kope listen up. School is in session. Here's how it goes.

The need for pixels is highly exaggerated compared to blue servers

Expectedly, this server will start with a large population relative to VZTZ. After the initial period, 2 guilds will emerge competing for top Raid Mobs.

During the lifespan of the server, even if it were teams, it will be a rare moment if 3 guilds are actually perfectly even, competing 3 ways for top Raid Mobs. It would be what's called a sweet spot.

Eventually one of the 2 guilds will by numerous means gain so much power that the rest of the server will feel hopeless to get the gear they feel they need to compete. At that point, if they can't be top dog, they will quit.

Then you and everyone as ignorant, will begin to point to all sorts of phantom reasons, not realizing the convergent forces of need, greed, hopelessness and shame merge macrodynamically to eventually and inevitably form the free trade market that we see during the lifespan of each pvp server.

Studies have shown that YT and leaderboards have a positive effect on the longevity of the server although, even rewards are not enough to staunch the bleeding. Attrition catches up eventually. See figure 1.

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/1420/bearchart2201012106001v.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/221/bearchart2201012106001v.jpg/)
Figure 1. Relative Population

Historically, other forces such as the feeling everyone is hacking against you, or GM favoritism have been shown to have a major effect on population. It is expected this server will not have those problems.

Tomorrow, i want a 5 page report on when you die, what excuses you will use and why. Will yt or no yt have any effect on your excuses and why or why not?

Class dismissed.

Rushmore
08-24-2011, 08:18 PM
I hope for that sweet spot. Another vztz vet gets it right

Harrison
08-24-2011, 08:19 PM
Did anyone read his TL;DR stupidity?

Macken
08-24-2011, 08:30 PM
Harrison wants to be red so bad, but he is scared yellow.

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/8986/2308875611d10b2149edo.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/24/2308875611d10b2149edo.jpg/)

Harrison
08-24-2011, 08:36 PM
Sorry buddy, if your idea of red is being an inbred illiterate downie that spews racism regularly, exploits, cheats, etc.

I'm as blue as blue can be.

I prefer real pvp than what you think is pvp. VZTZ and everything you think is pvp is a massive joke. Fitting place for you.

Macken
08-24-2011, 08:38 PM
Harrison is the most confused person on these boards except for maybe wormoct.

Convict
08-24-2011, 08:41 PM
OK Bardalicious, Harrison and Kope listen up. School is in session. Here's how it goes.

The need for pixels is highly exaggerated compared to blue servers

Expectedly, this server will start with a large population relative to VZTZ. After the initial period, 2 guilds will emerge competing for top Raid Mobs.

During the lifespan of the server, even if it were teams, it will be a rare moment if 3 guilds are actually perfectly even, competing 3 ways for top Raid Mobs. It would be what's called a sweet spot.

Eventually one of the 2 guilds will by numerous means gain so much power that the rest of the server will feel hopeless to get the gear they feel they need to compete. At that point, if they can't be top dog, they will quit.

Historically, other forces such as the feeling everyone is hacking against you, or GM favoritism have been shown to have a major effect on population. It is expected this server will not have those problems.

Class dismissed.
There, I fixed your post and agree with all of the above.
This server does not need yellow text or leaderboard to survive because of the reasons described above.
That being said, I do not care whether YT/LB would be in or not, I personally have no problem with it.

P.S. A sweet spot would definitely be nice.

Harrison
08-24-2011, 08:42 PM
Zonewide YT would be the only thing acceptable and even remotely making any sense.

Serverwide YT is for failures stroking epeens and vztzjects who don't even know what pvp is.

JayDee
08-24-2011, 09:17 PM
Zonewide YT would be the only thing acceptable and even remotely making any sense.

Serverwide YT is for failures stroking epeens and vztzjects who don't even know what pvp is.

can you shut the fuck up and leave pvp forums bro

asking nicely

Salty
08-24-2011, 09:21 PM

Hi pvp nobody, I challenge you to have a name on red99.

Bardalicious
08-24-2011, 09:26 PM
VZTZ and everything you think is pvp is a massive joke. Fitting place for you.

Macken busting out the imaginary graphs now. It must really be getting under his skin that he wont have YT or LB to cling to as a means to convince others that he's got the mad skills.

P.S. I've never plugged from a fight nor had to harm touch myself to avoid YT. I aint even scared bro. Can you make the same claims?

Macken
08-24-2011, 09:48 PM
Macken ...he wont have YT or LB...the two very things he always uses to prove I'm horrible at pvp and that he is awesome and owns me everytime... and i for one am so glad.

Macken
08-24-2011, 09:49 PM
This server does not need yellow text or leaderboard to survive .

You obviously can't read graphs.

Harrison
08-24-2011, 10:21 PM
can you shut the fuck up and leave pvp forums bro

asking nicely

Why? Because I wasn't a regular on the later iterations of the failbox vztz?

I'm more of a pvper than most of you. I just don't fit into your little clique and that bugs you little children.

Convict
08-24-2011, 10:50 PM
You obviously can't read graphs.
lol, k. nice graph bro