PDA

View Full Version : Discussion: +/- 8 Levels, Dynamic

Pages : 1 [2]

Macken
10-15-2011, 01:52 PM
wasting time talking about bugs that shouldn't have been coded in the first place.

I TOLD YOU SO

When one reads all the bluebie diarhea spewed forth in this thread, it becomes obvious that the p99 bluebies only want to play on red99 so they can feel like a man.

Here's a clue to you bluebies: Your plan to pick up chicks by telling them that you are a red player will backfire when you get her home and she realizes you have only been playing +/- 8.

Shrubwise
10-15-2011, 04:10 PM
wasting time talking about bugs that shouldn't have been coded in the first place.

I TOLD YOU SO

When one reads all the bluebie diarhea spewed forth in this thread, it becomes obvious that the p99 bluebies only want to play on red99 so they can feel like a man.

Here's a clue to you bluebies: Your plan to pick up chicks by telling them that you are a red player will backfire when you get her home and she realizes you have only been playing +/- 8.

Me: Hey baby, I play on an emulated EverQuest server with the 1999 release code. Furthermore, I play on a PvP server. That means player versus player, sweet thing. Know what else? It's got a +/-8 level spread, which makes me all the more masculine. Wanna go back to my place?
Her: Wut?
Me: I play a blood elf paladin in WoW, level 85.
Her: I WANNA SUCK YOU OFF!

Absynthe2k5
09-01-2013, 12:30 AM
Back on SZ I pvp'd against max lvl toons on a lower level character all the time, the difference is they could splat me if they chose to. Usually they were more worried about the guys with me but, having characters purposely oor is like trying to cheat the mechanics of the game. It's not a tactic it is an exploit of the mechanics and should be treated as such. If your going to join the fight you should be killable also...lvl 11 or lvl 55.

If you went with a no lvl barred system sure lotsa ganks can happen but just give a negative pvp point gain from it. Reward good pvp by having in range folks drop a coin that gives a boost to your points or you can spend your points on gear etc. Maybe a way for the gm's (devs whomever) to add their own fun items to game. The dynamic set up would be cool also.

Porz
09-01-2013, 12:48 AM
SZ!

Lu|z Sect
09-01-2013, 12:52 AM
41+ was a sobering experience with this level spread

Aenor
09-01-2013, 01:24 AM
A+ I hope you'll be able to implement this on a beta server for testing as soon as it's ready.

Aenor
09-01-2013, 01:26 AM
41+ was a sobering experience with this level spread

I would suggest, since the dynamic range mechanic is going to solve OOR healing once and for all, that the level limit be changed to +/- 6 for normal circumstances. This is halfway between the old +/- 4 of Rallos (obviously too narrow) and the +/- 8 of Race War (demonstrably too wide).