PDA

View Full Version : Clerics in PvP

Alex
08-20-2011, 08:58 PM
I'm thinking of maining a cleric on R99, how are they in a red server?

boss
08-20-2011, 09:13 PM
AMAZING

Salty
08-20-2011, 09:14 PM
Heal to keep pros alive.

I don't know about r99 but on vztz clerics could bash, which was pretty clutch.

Their nuke is dependent on how much it will be nerfed down.

valithteezee
08-20-2011, 11:05 PM
Clerics are pretty awesome pvp, and they're fun to play.

SwordNboard
08-20-2011, 11:29 PM
stunzzz

Pudge
08-20-2011, 11:41 PM
clerics are always needed in pvp and often the first target. other than maybe bard.

as a cleric you will also get l33t gear because less ppl play clerics.

you may never get any kill shots, but as mentioned above if you get your stun off on someone then they are fucked

SearyxTZ
08-21-2011, 02:08 AM
Discord Server Winners

Redwin the 24th level Halfling Druid
Dang the 24th level Gnome Magician
Awakened the 20th level High Elf Wizard
Korpo the 24th level Gnome Magician
Searyx the 37th level Dark Elf Cleric
Trindamere the 18th level Dark Elf Necromancer

I'd say they're pretty good. :cool:

On VZTZ I killed the Druid BOTB winner and made it very competitive with the Shaman (for the priest finals).

Clerics are stronger than people expect. It also depends heavily on how lenient the resist system is. On live they were basically screwed after Kunark as a solo PvP class, but that's only because the resist system was so retarded.

God-King Abacab
08-21-2011, 02:45 AM
I'd say they're pretty good. :cool:

On VZTZ I killed the Druid BOTB winner and made it very competitive with the Shaman (for the priest finals).

Clerics are stronger than people expect. It also depends heavily on how lenient the resist system is. On live they were basically screwed after Kunark as a solo PvP class, but that's only because the resist system was so retarded.

Clerics could solo wizards, in between denying them casting via stun loading and out healing their damage with your HoT

You could pretty much just stun > nuke > stun > nuke while meleeing them to death. Smart clerics would DA to waste half a wizards mana, then DB to heal to full and waste more wizard mana

Same could be done to necros/shamans cause you could just purge everything they threw at you and run them OOM with ease, because DA/DB and HoT's were retarded OP going against classes that had DoT's or relied on long casts.

Really as a cleric the only trouble you'll have is fighting classes that can load down a bunch of push back via melee (rogues and monks)

Bardalicious
08-21-2011, 08:24 PM
Clerics are fun in PVP. I'll likely main Cleric on R99 box.

Stickyfingers
08-21-2011, 09:14 PM
Root ---> Blind ----> Nuke etc.

Bardalicious
08-21-2011, 09:31 PM
Taking applications to have me main heal your pvp group / raid for Red 99. All serious inquiries + RL money bribes applicable.

Envious
08-22-2011, 12:37 PM
On live they were basically screwed after Kunark as a solo PvP class, but that's only because the resist system was so retarded.

Azuur seemed to do well with his Primal Brawlstick in Velious. =P

Arillious
08-22-2011, 02:13 PM
On live, clerics could do ok in solo situations. It was a bit hard to actually finish someone off, so I wouldnt recommend rolling a cleric if your looking to gank people. Clerics shine in group pvp.

Taketz
08-22-2011, 03:13 PM
It's completely dependent on resist rates. If they're fair, Clerics are a great utility PvP'ing class. If they're screwy, all you can hope for is to get a few heals off before you die.

pojab
08-24-2011, 01:54 PM
my dwarf cleric chalupadong was fun to play with his glowy sword.

tarni
08-24-2011, 03:05 PM
Heal to keep pros alive.

I don't know about r99 but on vztz clerics could bash, which was pretty clutch.

Their nuke is dependent on how much it will be nerfed down.

They could only bash late.. not in kunark. and dont think velius either

tarni
08-24-2011, 03:09 PM
Fun to see the tatics ppl will use. in pvp.. :P im surly aint using those ppl are posted. if its like good old days pvp :P

murgle
08-24-2011, 06:11 PM
used to take a group of people to take down Mojo the Poet (Bard) on Inny server

Cleric is nasty in PvP. But, have fun leveling him to 50 and gearing him to be competitive!

fiegi
08-24-2011, 06:37 PM
Chalupadong was a Cleradin

Giovanni
08-24-2011, 07:05 PM
Cleradin that handed out sows upon request.

beentheredonethat
08-24-2011, 07:06 PM
they weren't that good on Rallos Zek because it's one of the few classes that can't run away, and doesn't dish out enough damage to go toe to toe with others.

but they do well if in a group healing allies.

Bardalicious
08-24-2011, 09:12 PM
because it's one of the few classes that can't run away

:confused: ???????

Clerics have about the highest survival rating out of any class? In classic, at least in a 1v1, they can damn near out-heal most damage that a caster can drop on them. They get double DA's plus have gate, root, blind and stun, on top of all resist buffs and AC+HPs.

pojab
08-24-2011, 10:28 PM
cleradruadin

Marglar
08-24-2011, 11:29 PM
before people obtain decent MR, clerics do fairly well in solo pvp. they are inefficient though.

they shine in group pvp scenarios, but unfortunately are almost always targeted first, so you have to get pretty crafty to help avoid being dropped too quickly. you have some spells that help mitigate this (d/a etc) and there are a plethora of tricks you can do to make yourself more useful / last longer

beentheredonethat
08-25-2011, 12:19 AM
:confused: ???????

Clerics have about the highest survival rating out of any class? In classic, at least in a 1v1, they can damn near out-heal most damage that a caster can drop on them. They get double DA's plus have gate, root, blind and stun, on top of all resist buffs and AC+HPs.

it does look good on paper. it just never worked out that way. i had a human cleric, and i did get to 52 on that one. but pvp was not the strong point. i mainly didn't get killed because people don't want to piss someone off a cleric who they might want a rez from. also on rallos i didn't any gear on since it was lootable so mana didn't last that long.

if i started winning, people just ran off. if they were winning i had no way out. it was rallos zek, so in those situations they never attack you when you are ready, fully buffed and full mana. pk's always assault you when you are mid fight vs a mob and are least ready to fight a pvp add.

my sk on the other hand really kicked butt. i won 10 fold more fights than i lost. Even when attacked by twinks mid-fight i could always get away if need be and return when they rather not face me. Thats how pvp works.