PDA

View Full Version : Confession

Ektar
08-19-2011, 10:16 PM
I'm a key turner.

WHO ELSE!?

Stormhowl
08-19-2011, 10:19 PM
Half-and-Half, like the cream in my coffee.

Safon
08-19-2011, 10:39 PM
What does this have to do with the server, also stormhowl can you hit up the skill based mmo one more time, in curious about Darkfall.

greatdane
08-20-2011, 02:49 AM
Depends what I'm doing. Everquest is such an unhurried game that you can play it with a touchpad without anybody noticing, so it's not as if keyboard turning is gonna make any difference at all.

Pyrocat
08-20-2011, 04:22 AM
WASD for life, where A and D are set to turn left and turn right. I use my mouse for strafing when I need to run fast but that's about it.

Zereh
08-20-2011, 04:26 AM
Me too. But I use the arrow keys since I mouse with my left-hand (target keys are set up on my num-pad).

Curious as to why you say that you're a key turner like it's a bad thing though?

Slave
08-20-2011, 05:05 AM
Darkfall was an awesome idea that failed due to the development team being too small and inexperienced to handle the MUCH-needed updates near the beginning of the game, so everyone moved on, and haven't looked back... because it's P2P. Who cares about pay games these days when we have games like P99? The quality of the gigantic list of free games EASILY rivals or surpasses anything that is pay to play anymore.

SearyxTZ
08-20-2011, 05:14 AM
Normally I would not use keys to turn but since I'm playing on a mac (VMware), the mouselook sensitivity is off the fucking charts even with it set at 0%

so ya KEY TURNING FOR LIFE

there's nothing I can't do in PvE with it, but I'd cry if this was a PvP server

Ektar
08-20-2011, 07:31 AM
Some people look down on key turning as nub. Especially rogues I think. The EQ tutorial with the purple text and the blond dwarf taught me to use the arrow keys, thus I use the arrow keys~

bonehand
08-20-2011, 07:31 AM
Darkfall and Vanguard were the two exceptional games that never hit it off...loved them, but the worlds were huge, so a low server population just made things impossible.

And key turners make baby jesus angry.

Deadmantis
08-20-2011, 08:22 AM
I use keys for chat, for everything else I use this:
http://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/products/new/652376.jpg

Ruenaros
08-20-2011, 08:32 AM
Normally I would not use keys to turn but since I'm playing on a mac (VMware), the mouselook sensitivity is off the fucking charts even with it set at 0%

so ya KEY TURNING FOR LIFE

there's nothing I can't do in PvE with it, but I'd cry if this was a PvP server

Try setting your FPS max to 60 in-game. I was having horrible issues with mouse sensitivity until I did this, because it's somehow based off your framerate which is like 984738543 frames per second on any machine made since 2005.

druziil
08-20-2011, 08:55 AM
WASD for life, where A and D are set to turn left and turn right. I use my mouse for strafing when I need to run fast but that's about it.

This. However i most of the time, use right-click mouselook for turning.

Troy
08-20-2011, 11:37 AM
I try to use mouselook but it has a tendency to jump a lot so if there's ever any danger of falling or anything I have to use keys or risk looking like an idiot.

nov072008
08-20-2011, 12:04 PM
I don't think it matters. People who rate keybinds and hardware setup over intelligence and morale character are silly. Skill is gained by practice, whichever turning method you choose. That said I mouse turn with a d strafing because it's comfortable for my playstyle.

Orov
08-20-2011, 01:58 PM
Darkfall and Vanguard were the two exceptional games that never hit it off...loved them, but the worlds were huge, so a low server population just made things impossible.

And key turners make baby jesus angry.

Darkfall at launch (original EU launch) had a great population. Still would if they didn't split the servers like some idiots.

Vanguard still brings tears to my eyes. The epic failure it became after SoE raped it =(

/wrist

gnomishfirework
08-20-2011, 02:42 PM
Vanguard still brings tears to my eyes. The epic failure it became after SoE raped it =(

/wrist

Nah, Im pretty sure over 50% had quit before SoE even got to it. I really wanted to like vanguard. It was a bad game at its core, though. The company was poorly run I'm told.

Slave
08-20-2011, 04:07 PM

/wrist

See: Star Wars Galaxies

Feachie
08-20-2011, 04:24 PM
http://lh4.googleusercontent.com/public/y8kz_r0f_bnwjnVjpPuqjsKjAtr7xzwK-K_1npQflJ3fMq-dA8Ir8fkigyr17l3f3q1FKcZmb9bjzBorDEAMrH7EdzWB-oXUSRo_dXwh2sdRlTvsd9tv2rC30sJHigCcUjZmSEaYfcdsiQ_ uEsm0lsy54nE

^takes care of casting spells, pet commands, targeting and target cycling, strafe and forward/backward movement. other than to turn left and right the mouse is just for looks. during normal play the keyboard is only used to talk.

Kassel
08-20-2011, 04:26 PM
the idea about keyboard turning is really more related to WoW as you typically needed to "move out of fire" quick now and in a hurry. This is not an issue in everquest.

Feachie
08-20-2011, 04:30 PM
in wow i was strafing out of fire with my keyboard like a pro $$

then i got introduced to the nostromo and realized how efficient it is if you set it up right.

Knuckle
08-20-2011, 04:53 PM
i only clicke don this thread cuz it said last reply feachie and the thread title was confession

Feachie
08-20-2011, 05:10 PM
drama whore

Knuckle
08-20-2011, 05:15 PM
dont worry feachie one day u can app to KA u got the right stuff

Alex
08-20-2011, 08:39 PM
By that he means you're female and have a pulse

RangerDW
08-20-2011, 09:15 PM
Pro mode
L Trigger: control
R Trigger: shift
L button: left mouse
R button: right mouse

with R or L trigger (or not holding any) I can have 3 combinations of all the buttons A, B, X, Y and dpad...not to mention analog click ins. Left analog moves me around and right analog is the mouse or mouselook when I hold right button....so yeah I hold right button alot...mouselooker here

Only drawback is I can't type without my wireless keyboard around.

http://elvzonline.info/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/xbox-360-controller.jpg

Feachie
08-20-2011, 09:28 PM
Pro mode
L Trigger: control
R Trigger: shift
L button: left mouse
R button: right mouse

with R or L trigger (or not holding any) I can have 3 combinations of all the buttons A, B, X, Y and dpad...not to mention analog click ins. Left analog moves me around and right analog is the mouse or mouselook when I hold right button....so yeah I hold right button alot...mouselooker here

Only drawback is I can't type without my wireless keyboard around.

lol are you fucking with me? :eek:

that's pretty awesome tbh