PDA

View Full Version : Stamina for Necros

Prahadigm24
08-19-2011, 11:54 AM
Hey,

1. How many HP does every point of STA yield for a necromancer at level 60? I read in the forums that it is merely 1 STA = 2 HP. Can anybody please confirm this?

2. Back in the classic days there were rumours which said it would make a difference whether you had base STA (distributed when the character was created) or STA gained through items. Is there any difference in HP output or was it just a myth?

Thanks in advance!

greatdane
08-19-2011, 12:03 PM
2. Back in the classic days there were rumours which said it would make a difference whether you had base STA (distributed when the character was created) or STA gained through items. Is there any difference in HP output or was it just a myth?

That's just a myth. I never even heard that one before and I thought I'd heard them all. Anyway, it makes no difference where your stamina comes from.

Can't remember the sta:hp formulae anymore.

Doors
08-19-2011, 12:03 PM
From what I was told stamina gains for int casters is really bad.

Kassel
08-19-2011, 12:47 PM
Your better off putting stats into INT (or str) and gearing for HP Items. All your necro loot is heavy !!

Seaweedpimp
08-19-2011, 12:54 PM
Ill check on this later

Feachie
08-19-2011, 01:05 PM
Ill rape people that give wrong info later

fixed :D

Seaweedpimp
08-19-2011, 01:58 PM
I only rape california girls, they squeel loudly and have pudding on the inside

Feachie
08-19-2011, 01:59 PM
time to move

Seaweedpimp
08-19-2011, 02:00 PM
You can only move closer.

^ creepy

aresprophet
08-19-2011, 02:03 PM
From what I was told stamina gains for int casters is really bad.

2hp per sta at 50 and I think 3 per sta at 60. You're almost guaranteed to get a higher amount of HP in a given slot with a straight +HP item.

Don't forget that the whole HP=mana thing for necros does imply that a certain amount of int or mana in a slot beats out its equivalent in +HP, even with the lost survivability. ShadowBound Boots give 15 hp 15 mana but you'd still want GEBs, and a 15hp/mana bracelet is probably worse than a Supple Scale Armband even over the int softcap.

Don't neglect int/mana entirely, especially since high-end HP gear (BS Earrings, Plat Tiara, Idol of the Thorned) can cost thousands of plat more than cheap int/mana replacements.

Humwawa
08-19-2011, 10:07 PM
It's easy to overpower the int "softcap" in Velious gear, or even in VP gear. It's pretty possible to do the same in the original EQ gear, as well, with a couple Kunark pieces like HoR.

It's not easy to max your stamina, as a caster.

If you're an endgamer, choose stamina.