PDA

View Full Version : Charming in Permafrost

Daldaen
08-19-2011, 12:56 AM
Gotten tired of Raptors and PuGs generally don't pick up druids, so I figured I'd ask here.

How reliable is charming in permafrost in the tunnels / how do you get there if IGs are up (from my recollection they see invis and you can't sneak past them).

One thing I've heard is that the pathing down there is terribad and yields warping mobs / mobs in walls and such... is this true?

I'd try it out on my own but I'd hate to have to end up begging a cleric to come all the way to perma to toss me a rez or 4.

Striiker
08-19-2011, 12:39 PM
I think that the worst case with the ice giants is that you just run past them. If they chase you, the zone line is close by. I don't recall this being an issue though waaaay back on live. I think I was able to run past and not get any agro.
I unfortunately have not been to Permafrost on this server so I can't comment on the challenges or issues presented by patching etc.

Estu
08-19-2011, 12:58 PM
There are two ways to get into Permafrost: the main entrance which has two ice giants that are too far away from you to aggro and one ice giant that is close enough to aggro unless you carefully run around it (but this isn't a big deal since you can just run right past it with SoW and the zone line is moments away), and a secret tunnel entrance to the side that bypasses all ice giants. Either way, not a big deal. Don't know about charming in Permafrost as my druid's still low level, but in a thread I made asking about charming locations someone recommended it, so I imagine it isn't all that bad.

Zereh
08-19-2011, 01:00 PM
I am now pro at grabbing the ice giants and dragging them all to the entrance so a_druid_105 can get past them and down into the pit area.

It's good XP (and often camped) so the reward must outweigh the risk. I haven't heard anyone complain about the pathing down there but that doesn't mean it's not buggy.

Estu
08-19-2011, 01:51 PM
Oh, I think I misread and thought the original poster was talking about the ice giants in Everfrost at the entrance. My bad.

Tiggles
08-19-2011, 01:53 PM
Druids go from 50-60 in the bearpit in like 10 days.

Stupid druids

Daldaen
08-19-2011, 02:18 PM
Aye sorry I wasn't clear. I ment the Ice Giants / Giant Spiders leading up to Lady Vox. From my recollection the 2 at the gate you can skip by hugging right and the Giant Wooly Spider there doesn't see invis... but right as you round the corner to go up the mini ramps (the 2 with false landings that drop you into bear pit) there is a Ice Giant caster chilling there that would plow me.

Guess there is only one way to find out though :P.

Ektar
08-19-2011, 02:24 PM
wait for a vox raid and piggyback down into the pit and don't leave til 60

Badmartigan
08-19-2011, 02:51 PM
i fight down there all the time... and the IGs do aggro.. altho i am a necro and i just flop around the IGs then use my CoS to lev down...

once your past the IGs none of those mobs see invis except maybe some of the ITs... if you can get past the IG just root anything that aggros u if they break mez and camp out and come back in a safe spot.. i usually /q around the corner from the rock door to vox.

I'm a necro tho.. and root rot down there yiels good exp.. but its way better for druids charming and killing.

Daldaen
08-19-2011, 03:09 PM
Well I got past the 2 IGs at gate and wooly spider, but the IG Magi ended up getting me :/. Died 2nd time round due to shitty root duration.

Any clerics bound in firepots / near Permafrost up for a rez :P?

Ektar
08-19-2011, 03:14 PM
pick me up in wc I'll run while I watch tv idc.

I'll be sitting on erana for a bit just send me a tell

Mcbard
08-19-2011, 10:47 PM
It's fairly easy to make your own train of giants, zone out, and then zone back in and beat the giants down to the traps to fall into the pit thus training yourself down there. This is the way I've always got down there. Most people who exp there tend to bind themselves in the safe corner down there, so it's pretty annoying if you're not bound there to see someone just gate while you're working on getting down there and then start killing everything. It's fairly contested and camped a lot of the time from what I've noticed. The pathing in the large main room is kind of bad, but other than that everything seems fine.

Daldaen
08-19-2011, 10:54 PM
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x205/Daldaen/EQ000197.jpg

Go go poopsockers, clear out the Ice Giants for me now lol.