PDA

View Full Version : How well do you know classic?

Grahm
08-18-2011, 03:29 AM
http://www.sporcle.com/games/druen1990/everquestclassiczones

I had 36/76.

and only that because i didn't know the "real names" of some zones. EX. Lair of the Splitpaw = splitpaw. And classic means EQ-SoV i believe.
So add +1 to my score since i just told you one :p

Pyrocat
08-18-2011, 05:01 AM
What's the over under on this being a malware script that installs a keylogger to look for p99 account logins?

Tanagor
08-18-2011, 05:04 AM
I got 57/76. I missed a few because I didn't know the whole names (like you), and some just slipped my mind completely.

BUT it's not a list of classic zones. These weren't in classic:

Ruins of Old Paineel (The Hole)
The Jaggedpine Forest
Stonebrunt Mountains
The Caverns of Exile (Solusek C)
Nedaria's Landing

Also it's missing Neriak Commons.

Grahm
08-18-2011, 05:42 AM
What's the over under on this being a malware script that installs a keylogger to look for p99 account logins?

its sporcle? google it.....its like the user submitted quiz to everything.

oh and im trying to steal ur account lolz

Estu
08-18-2011, 08:07 AM
54/76. Like posters above have said, a few slipped my mind, a few I wasn't able to name exactly enough, a few aren't classic. It's not missing neriak commons, though.

Mcbard
08-18-2011, 08:53 AM
54/76. Like posters above have said, a few slipped my mind, a few I wasn't able to name exactly enough, a few aren't classic. It's not missing neriak commons, though.

This.. some did slip my mind but I didn't know it wanted nicknames or whatever in paranthesis.. 55/76 here.

SUSUGAM
08-18-2011, 09:01 AM

58 but ffs I typed both Solusek's Eye AND Solusek A separately, neither were accepted, same for Nagafen's Lair and Solusek B. And I typed North and South Felwithe and couldn't figure out why they didn't work.

Couldn't remember the zone names for Runnyeye, Splitpaw, Lake Rathe, or Qeynos Catacombs. And ffs the most enraging of the quiz was Toxx forest, I knew there was a zone there, I knew where the druid rings were within the zone... I knew the mobs in it... but couldn't figure out the name no matter how hard I tried. :(

Zones I never would have thought of in 10 years:

Kerra Isle, The Arena, The Warrens (is warrens classic? idk)

azeth
08-18-2011, 09:04 AM
70/76, kind of lame you had to add the exact names. i couldnt whatsoever remember the exact wording on neriak foreign quarters or whatever the fuck it is.

much easier if you just start in the Erudin Palace and mentally map your way to Kaladim B.

Estu
08-18-2011, 09:48 AM
much easier if you just start in the Erudin Palace and mentally map your way to Kaladim B.

This is totally what I did. So fun to mentally walk through the world.

Mardur
08-18-2011, 10:08 AM
I got everything besides the stupid post-classic and parenthesis shit.

Ennoia
08-18-2011, 10:15 AM
The only zone I legitimately missed was Cazic-Thule...the rest (got 65/76) were either not knowing the exact name, or the zone just not being a 'classic' zone.

xshayla701
08-18-2011, 10:30 AM
51, p good for not playing in 99 imo

Dr4z3r
08-18-2011, 11:23 AM
Zones I thought of, but couldn't figure out the "right" name for:

runnyeye
Xorbb
HHP
HHK
SolA
SolB
Sol Ro
FelwitheA
FelwitheB
KaladimA
KaladimB
NeriakB
Splitpaw
RatheMtn

eqravenprince
08-18-2011, 12:50 PM
I can't remember the last time I played EQ, been many months, perhaps even over a year. 42 I typed exactly right. And probably typed incorrectly 20 more. Some were not classic like others mentioned. That was fun. Now let's do this with gods, race/class combinations, factions.

Gwence
08-18-2011, 01:09 PM
71/76

missed the one's that needed parenthesis, rest I got.

didn't expect surefall and shit to be on there was there was 4 min left on timer and just started typing shit in and they came up so that's why I got those.

xshayla701
08-18-2011, 02:45 PM
Also yeah, there were a few i didn't think were classic..

azeth
08-18-2011, 02:55 PM
71/76

wow i guess i didnt win with 70, jesus..

Gwence
08-18-2011, 02:59 PM
always the bride's maid, never the bride eh?

Knuckle
08-18-2011, 03:03 PM
I'm going to go ahead and say this is a fucking stupid quiz. Here's why.

Half these zones are not fucking classic. At least 10 classic zones would not properly show up with reasonable variations(any sort of felwithe city, gorge of king xorbb, 'Lair of the Splitpaw')

Give me a break, some of those zones were from lost dungeons of norrath.

If this is a troll go fuck yourself.
If this isnt a troll go fuck yourself.

My 'Score' You got 56 out of 76 answers correct

in reality I shoulda got 67 out of 71 without the errors, and i would of had more time to figure out the 4 i was forgetting if this wasnt all fucked up.

Knuckle
08-18-2011, 03:10 PM
Not Classic:
The Jaggedpine Forest (patched in during, what, luclin????)
Nedaria's Landing(Legacy of Ykesha?)
Stonebrunt Mountains(LoY)
The Caverns of Exile (Solusek C)(LDoN)
The Warrens(LoY)

Stupid fucking cryptic spelling nazi:
Lair of the Splitpaw
Mountains of Rathe
Southern Felwithe
Solusek's Eye (Solusek A)
Kerra Isle
Northern Felwithe
Gorge of King Xorbb (Beholder's Maze)
Nagafen's Lair (Solusek B)
Clan Runnyeye
Everfrost Peaks

I Legitimately Missed These:
The Arena
Lake Rathetear
Cazic-Thule
Befallen

Given the fact that certain zones were requiring fucking stupid spelling + the parenthesis version of the zone to be considered, it's no wonder I missed these last 4 zones, what kind of dipshit considers a instanced dungeon zone from 8 expansions later a valid classic zone? And SouthERN Felwithe? give me a fucking break.

Anyway I would of aced this quiz if it wasn't a worthless pile of dog excretement.

Gwence
08-18-2011, 03:22 PM
it took me a bit to get southern and northern felwithe as well, just kept throwing out different combos and finally got it

lair of the splitpaw I only got because the OP gave that away and I read it before I did the quiz.

Everfrost peaks is a nazi spelling..? seems pretty normal to me

the parenthesis ones were dumb, no one could figure those out Im sure

stonebrunt and warrens were well before LoY expansion, think they were released around the time velious opened or maybe a little before.

nedaria and jaggedpine definitely not classic or anywhere close but when I put surefall in and it went through there were a couple other slots near it and I was like what the hell and went and typed in nedaria's landing and jaggedpine forest as well.

Knuckle
08-18-2011, 03:28 PM
it took me a bit to get southern and northern felwithe as well, just kept throwing out different combos and finally got it

lair of the splitpaw I only got because the OP gave that away and I read it before I did the quiz.

Everfrost peaks is a nazi spelling..? seems pretty normal to me

the parenthesis ones were dumb, no one could figure those out Im sure

stonebrunt and warrens were well before LoY expansion, think they were released around the time velious opened or maybe a little before.

nedaria and jaggedpine definitely not classic or anywhere close but when I put surefall in and it went through there were a couple other slots near it and I was like what the hell and went and typed in nedaria's landing and jaggedpine forest as well.

stonebrunt and warrens were not even velious. MAYBE velious at the earliest.

Lazortag
08-18-2011, 03:34 PM
stonebrunt and warrens were not even velious ...MAYBE velious ...

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/history/patches-2001-1.html

Warrens was released march 14th; Luclin was released on the 4th of december. I guess red players really don't know shit all.

edit: also stonebrunt was released april 29th 2001.

Doors
08-18-2011, 03:38 PM
I wouldn't argue with gaygoo. He is well skilled in everquest lore and knowledge. See the bugs forum for more details.

Knuckle
08-18-2011, 05:28 PM
glad to see that a zone that was released during velious is considered classic when no velious zones were listed on the classic quiz, gaygoo -1 knuckle +1

Grahm
08-18-2011, 06:36 PM
http://www.sporcle.com/games/brain_ninja/EQofdoom

Heres a classes quiz...pretty easy though.

And here you go knuckle....http://www.sporcle.com/games/bseh86/everquest_zones

Much easier for you now so you can become the biggest EQ nerd ;)

Excellio
08-19-2011, 03:10 AM
http://www.sporcle.com/games/brain_ninja/EQofdoom

Heres a classes quiz...pretty easy though.

That quiz includes Beastlord and Berzerker...

SearyxTZ
08-19-2011, 03:41 AM
I got a perfect score u failed the test bro

jarshale
08-19-2011, 05:57 AM
39/76
fuck all that parentheses shit. that and zones I only know the shortened name of (sola,solb)

Excellio
08-19-2011, 06:16 AM
39/76
fuck all that parentheses shit. that and zones I only know the shortened name of (sola,solb)

That's where I got hung up. Like the correct answer was "Northern Felwithe", not "North Felwithe".

greatdane
08-19-2011, 06:52 AM
Not classic zones:
The Caverns of Exile (Solusek C)
The Jaggedpine Forest
Nedaria's Landing (wtf this is from like GoD or something)
Stonebrunt Mountains
The Warrens

Zones I remembered but couldn't figure out how to input correctly:
Nagafen's Lair (Solusek B) (nagafen's lair, nagafens lair, sol b, solb, soldungb, solusek b)
Clan Runnyeye (runnyeye citadel, runnyeye)
Northern Felwithe (north felwithe, felwithe north)
Lair of the Splitpaw (split-paw lair, splitpaw lair, split paw lair, paw)
Gorge of King Xorbb (Beholder's Maze) (gorge of king xorbb, beholder's maze, beholders maze)
Southern Felwithe (south felwithe, felwithe south)
Solusek's Eye (Solusek A) (solusek's eye, soluseks eye, sol a, sola, soldunga, solusek a)

Actual classic zones I forgot:
Erudin Palace
Neriak Third Gate

So I consider that 68/70.

Brut
08-19-2011, 07:50 AM
74/76, missed this obscure zone off jaggedpine I've never heard of (nevederia's landing??) + the arena.
Alot of the names had to be googled anyway. I mean, how was I supposed to guess I was meant to type out "Ruins of Old Paineel (The Hole)" instead of "The Hole" or "Ruins of Old Paineel"? =p