PDA

View Full Version : You're lvl 60 and you're not in TR/TMA, now what?

tekniq
08-17-2011, 08:31 AM
Anyone else getting bored or not knowing what to do in game anymore? Most of the time now, I log on and I don't even know why I'm logging on (think that's part of the addiction).

I started a couple alts, but then I came to quickly realize how much I hate the exp grind and how much slower it is if you're not a mage, so that got boring. Then I catch myself farming pp for no apparent reason.

what keeps you guys going right now? ...or maybe it's time to jump on the trakanon war, that'll always be interesting.

azeth
08-17-2011, 08:33 AM
Any guild on P99 is capable of killing every raid mob save Gorenaire and Trakanon, if you're interested in raiding casually just apply to Divinity or whomever is in 3rd/4th/5th atm.

tekniq
08-17-2011, 08:49 AM
though it is true every guils is capable, tr/tma is getting around 95% of all targets - fact.

Ektar
08-17-2011, 09:39 AM
make a new guild that is dedicated to casual raiding. The addiction will fester and grow, and you will become to new p99 superpower before long.

gratzz

superapan
08-17-2011, 09:42 AM
tr/tma is getting around 95% of all targets - fact.
You know this cause you've been reading the forums a lot - factoid?

Tiggles
08-17-2011, 09:43 AM
Join casual raid guild
Raid fear/hate for all your set armor
Raid first 5 isles of sky for random haste belts/shit items.
Try random VS/Faydedar raids with guild. Get discouraged with the "casual" attitude of your guild mates.
Join TR/TMO

Tiggles
08-17-2011, 09:45 AM
You know this cause you've been reading the forums a lot - factoid?

The only time other guilds get raid mobs is when the server resets and they all respawn at once.

Ennoia
08-17-2011, 10:04 AM
The only time other guilds get raid mobs is when the server resets and they all respawn at once.

Which is detrimental to the server in the long run.

Fazlazen
08-17-2011, 10:12 AM

I know the idea of simulated patches was thrown around a couple of times on the boards before, and I think it's a great idea, it gives alot of competition.

The bigger guilds still get more, but other guilds get a chance at some mobs as well. Live eq had alot of patches too, so it's not like it wouldnt be classic to simulate those patches.

PS: the last patch, with all mobs spawning as soon as the server came up, was also the way to go. I don't know who had the idea of making the spawns variable upon server up when one guild was getting 90 % of them, but that is definately not the way to go if you want smaller guilds to get mobs.

Tiggles
08-17-2011, 10:12 AM
Which is detrimental to the server in the long run.

I don't think so.

This server only has like 700ish members

2 raiding guilds is fine for a server of that population.

On EQ they had 3-4 but they population was triple that.

Also, when Velious comes out more guilds get access to raid content.

tekniq
08-17-2011, 10:24 AM
Join casual raid guild
Raid fear/hate for all your set armor
Raid first 5 isles of sky for random haste belts/shit items.
Try random VS/Faydedar raids with guild. Get discouraged with the "casual" attitude of your guild mates.
Join TR/TMO

i'm in a casual raiding guild. i've done fear/hate too many times to count and farming trash is boring. i'm fully planar geared and have most of the good sky loot.

andvarion
08-17-2011, 10:25 AM
I'm not 60 yet, but what I intend to do is ding 60 and attempt to have typed out /camp before the ding sound effect has even ended.

I enjoy the leveling, not the end game. 60's kinda like "Game Over" for me. :)

OngorDrakan
08-17-2011, 10:27 AM
Ill get you whatever you want. Just gotta ask and get me to 50.

Bruman
08-17-2011, 11:16 AM
It really depends on what you enjoy. Here's my "list of crap to do":

1. As much of my epic as can be done so far (done)
2. [Post-epic release] Get my epic!
3. Camp some items [jboots / lev cloak / other-clickies]
4. Work on needed tradeskills for ring/shawl quests when Velious is released
5. Any other interesting quests (most of VP key can be quested, even if not in TR/TMO, and Trak will, over time, open up to more people)

Not to mention - I enjoy raiding with the people in my guild. It doesn't matter that every mob doesn't have loot for me on it.

Dr4z3r
08-17-2011, 11:24 AM
I started a couple alts, but then I came to quickly realize how much I hate the exp grind and how much slower it is if you're not a mage, so that got boring. Then I catch myself farming pp for no apparent reason.

If you want to level faster than a mage, you can always go Bard.

Tiggles
08-17-2011, 12:35 PM
i'm in a casual raiding guild. i've done fear/hate too many times to count and farming trash is boring. i'm fully planar geared and have most of the good sky loot.

I would say app to TMO

I dont want to bash guilds but we don't require a set raid attendence but we do require you to make an effort,

Leveling around seb when trak is window and camping out buffed in ledge when you go to bed, same with VS.

We have more members then TR because we all have jobs and lives so we can rely on our guildies to kill mobs when we might not be able to do so.

If you can keep a 50-60% raid attendence I can assure you that you will get loot.

Also, don't take me as what to expect with TMO as I am a obnoxious forum troll and the average TMO member is not like me. Same could be said with the majority of TR that post here.

www.themysticalorder.net

nilbog
08-17-2011, 12:47 PM
Create new guilds.

Radiskull
08-17-2011, 12:55 PM
I'm in basically the same boat, except I was willing to play alts. =P

The only thing that keeps me logging in is that I have a few real life friends who play, along with my brother. If I didn't have that, I would've quit after dinging level 60. Outside of having friends in the game or in real life that keep it interesting, there's not much hope for you.

TR or TMO are not the answer, in my humble opinion. However, if that isn't an option for you, it may be your only choice.

Radiskull
08-17-2011, 12:57 PM
Also, Bruman - I was under the impression that the Ring War was implemented in Luclin, meaning we won't see that here. If this is wrong, I'll be ecstatic.

tekniq
08-17-2011, 01:01 PM

5. Any other interesting quests (most of VP key can be quested, even if not in TR/TMO, and Trak will, over time, open up to more people)

Not to mention - I enjoy raiding with the people in my guild. It doesn't matter that every mob doesn't have loot for me on it.

1. done
2. will be done fairly quickly
3. done, done, done
4. thanks for tip! a will do! i totally forgot about tradeskills, haven't got my what 8th shawl in like 8 years

I would say app to TMO

I dont want to bash guilds but we don't require a set raid attendence but we do require you to make an effort,

Leveling around seb when trak is window and camping out buffed in ledge when you go to bed, same with VS.

We have more members then TR because we all have jobs and lives so we can rely on our guildies to kill mobs when we might not be able to do so.

If you can keep a 50-60% raid attendence I can assure you that you will get loot.

Also, don't take me as what to expect with TMO as I am a obnoxious forum troll and the average TMO member is not like me. Same could be said with the majority of TR that post here.

www.themysticalorder.net

hehe, i had a brief stint in TMO before the merge back in april, but you guys are what i believe to be a totally different guild now?

Ennoia
08-17-2011, 01:02 PM
Also, Bruman - I was under the impression that the Ring War was implemented in Luclin, meaning we won't see that here. If this is wrong, I'll be ecstatic.

If you're talking about the Coldain ring war...it was Velious (first Allakhazam post about Ring #10 made October 2001, Luclin was released December 2001, the quest was most likely available at Velious launch, but the post just shows it was definitely pre-Luclin).

Seaweedpimp
08-17-2011, 01:03 PM
TMO Used to be a semi casual guild. Now its a full on raid guild.

Tiggles
08-17-2011, 01:04 PM
I think when epics are released we will see a large portion of casual guilds/players forming together to kill Trak and other raid bosses.

The thought of getting an item like that is a great motivation.

Bruman
08-17-2011, 01:04 PM

I know it take places on the Velious continent, but my memory is too hazy to be sure of when it was introduced. I'm sure someone else can confirm one way or the other, but I really just assumed it was with Velious' release (or at least it's timespan).

Edit: Looks like someone already answered :)

Dantes
08-17-2011, 01:09 PM
Um... log off and take a break?

nilbog
08-17-2011, 01:10 PM

Ring war was Velious.

This (http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&hl=en&site=&source=hp&q=%2B%22ring+war%22+%2B2001+%2Bdain&pbx=1&oq=%2B%22ring+war%22+%2B2001+%2Bdain&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=2929l7354l0l7606l25l21l1l0l0l0l325l3545l0.1 5.3.2l20l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=c78ca867d1e5a68a&biw=824&bih=367) was a quick search I used.

Radiskull
08-17-2011, 01:11 PM
Ahhh, that's music to my ears! Thank you for clarifying Ennoia!

Kope
08-17-2011, 01:20 PM
Create new guilds.

This is an interesting idea.

Also here's a new one for you: Consolidate the currently existing high level casual guilds. If you don't like the ones that are existing put together a group you do like, and work up to the content you want to do.

There's nothing wrong with the people that aren't in TMO/TR, the power just hasn't been tapped yet.

Dantes
08-17-2011, 01:27 PM
I think when epics are released we will see a large portion of casual guilds/players forming together to kill Trak and other raid bosses.

I think we will see bottlenecks. Disputes. Fraps. Angry GMs. Bans. U Mad Brew replies. Reserved tags.

Tiggles
08-17-2011, 01:31 PM
I think we will see bottlenecks. Disputes. Fraps. Angry GMs. Bans. U Mad Brew replies. Reserved tags.

I love it

visage
08-17-2011, 01:35 PM
lvl 60. You flame the forums !!!

Macken
08-17-2011, 02:04 PM
http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/315/apathyimgm3e4b807f90c21.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/684/apathyimgm3e4b807f90c21.jpg/)

You are suffering from Apathy.

If you do not work for your pixels, you will languish in this state.

See below for cure.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nHNf-OW5dgo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_sSceEAGkL4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KCNwzjVNCu8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Harrison
08-17-2011, 02:24 PM
No one gives a flying fuck, hacken.

Mcbard
08-17-2011, 02:38 PM

This! I'm not really an alt type of guy either (my highest is 22) but when I maxxed out 50 I spent most of my time "completing" my bard as much as I could via maxxing as many skills as I could, languages, traps, etc. and camping items that may have a marginal use to me. If I played this game just to get level 60 it would be hella boring, which as my level should show I do not. :P

If you want to raid, well you already know your options so pick what best suits you and go with it! At the end of the day it's really just a big virtual sandbox, do what makes you happy and chill with some e-friends.

Nocte
08-17-2011, 02:46 PM

I've pretty much resigned myself to the idea that I won't even bother for my cleric epic because of the hassle that Ragefire is going to be. While the bigger guilds with a ton of members might be kept busy by spawning raid targets for epics (i.e. General V'Ghera, etc), the bottlenecks to the epic quests will become the new server drama, and it will fester into the biggest pile of QQing that has ever been seen.

Nocte-trodamus has spoken.

Macken
08-17-2011, 02:50 PM
and it will fester into the biggest pile of QQing that has ever been seen.

...that only pvp can solve in a dignified manner.

Knuckle
08-17-2011, 02:51 PM
It's a hard knock life if you aren't a baller.

Knukkle - 22 Monk

Vendar
08-17-2011, 03:30 PM
to OP;

you can help your guildies with getting levels or getting items so that your guild as a whole can compete eventually with TMO and TR.

or possibly, two guilds (Taken, or BDA, or Div, or VD, etc) could work together to try and down trak, or see how far they can get in sky, etc.

if TMO/TR can work together to kill hackanon, then those other guilds shouldnt have a problem teaming up to kill trakanon for the sake of bettering both guilds. all you'd need is two guilds with solid leadership.

n'joy

Supaskillz
08-17-2011, 03:31 PM
I know the idea of simulated patches was thrown around a couple of times on the boards before, and I think it's a great idea, it gives alot of competition.

The bigger guilds still get more, but other guilds get a chance at some mobs as well. Live eq had alot of patches too, so it's not like it wouldnt be classic to simulate those patches.

PS: the last patch, with all mobs spawning as soon as the server came up, was also the way to go. I don't know who had the idea of making the spawns variable upon server up when one guild was getting 90 % of them, but that is definately not the way to go if you want smaller guilds to get mobs.

I just want to point out that I think this is dead on. Server resets are prolly the most fun any raider has racing from target to target. I think in addition this makes a case for making spawn times fixed and not variable(which to the best of my recollection was not classic). One server reset would then make all of the targets spawn at near the same time after that. This makes racing and choosing targets carefully competitive, but in a way many guilds can compete.

I am in a casual guild and we got a dragon by not going for the high priority targets on the last server pop and then attempted to get CT after it although lost to TR, b/c admittedly they did it better than us i my opinion(but this was really our first shot at him and the more attempts the faster we will be). I had a blast on the CT attempt despite not getting him.

Vendar
08-17-2011, 03:35 PM
I had a blast on the CT attempt despite not getting him.

just keep at it! because you WILL get him, and all the heartache will make it that much more rewarding for you ;)

G'Luck

Dr4z3r
08-17-2011, 04:31 PM
or possibly, two guilds (Taken, or BDA, or Div, or VD, etc) could work together to try and down trak, or see how far they can get in sky, etc.

Given a few well-geared lvl 60 tanks, I wouldn't be surprised to see any 2 of those guilds clearing most/all of Sky.

Skope
08-17-2011, 04:40 PM
make a new guild that is dedicated to casual raiding. The addiction will fester and grow, and you will become to new p99 superpower before long.

gratzz

Don't work that way. It's usually the other way around if you think about it...

minus 2 really douchie exceptions.

Vendar
08-17-2011, 04:44 PM
Given a few well-geared lvl 60 tanks, I wouldn't be surprised to see any 2 of those guilds clearing most/all of Sky.

i 100% agree, as long as they could work together. and who knows, they may enjoy raiding with each other so much, that they eventually merge and form a third powerhouse guild for the server

<3

Supaskillz
08-17-2011, 04:54 PM
I wouldn't expect 2 casual guilds to be able to create another powerhouse. Part of the whole "casual" thing is no batphones, scheduled raiding, ect

Dr4z3r
08-17-2011, 04:58 PM
i 100% agree, as long as they could work together. and who knows, they may enjoy raiding with each other so much, that they eventually merge and form a third powerhouse guild for the server

<3

Mergers are overrated IMO.

41% Haste-Belts, on the other hand, are sweeeeeeeet!

mala
08-17-2011, 05:05 PM
im not even 60 yet but ive spent 90% of my time 50+ just helping RL friends level characters. convincing friends to lvl a char 1-50 with nothing is tough as nails, but helping them along to 35ish and leaving the other 15 to them... golden. The more people that play, the better for everyone.

Fourthmeal
08-17-2011, 05:15 PM
If I was lvl 60
I'll tell you what I'd do
I'd go down to Taco Bell
and get a grilled stufft burrito or two
crazy about the GSB
said i'm crazy about the GSB

azeth
08-17-2011, 05:22 PM
Hate to say it, but Kunark and Classic just by design aren't exactly condusive to more than 2 powerhouse guilds dropping targets. I wouldn't expect to gear yourself to the teeth without an app to TMO or TR, or until Velious drops and no one needs VP crap anymore.

note VP Crap = badass shit that id probably wear IRL if it were possible.

Hijynx
08-17-2011, 05:43 PM
I agree with dantes! lol at least for the first few months.

Bubbles
08-17-2011, 05:46 PM
If I was lvl 60
I'll tell you what I'd do
I'd go down to Taco Bell
and get a grilled stufft burrito or two
crazy about the GSB
said i'm crazy about the GSB

nice AJ reference.

I for one, am sad that they discontinued the regular grilled stuft burrito. Honestly, if i wanted to pay over 4 bucks for a burrito, i'd go somewhere classier.

Fourthmeal
08-17-2011, 06:15 PM
nice AJ reference.

I for one, am sad that they discontinued the regular grilled stuft burrito. Honestly, if i wanted to pay over 4 bucks for a burrito, i'd go somewhere classier.

We have to continually rotate our menu. Don't worry, it'll return some day. Chatahoochee was always my favorite AJ songs.

Falisaty
08-17-2011, 06:59 PM

lets just hope that their will be no cock blocking of epic pieces

Kevlar
08-17-2011, 10:00 PM
Start poaching all the disgruntled people from the top guilds who never get awarded loot. Start your own uber guild. Profit. Until someone comes along and poaches all your disgruntled players.

Wudan
05-03-2012, 07:02 AM
Create new guilds.

I loled. Like he has any chance to compete with local poopsock kings.

somnia
05-03-2012, 12:18 PM
Start poaching all the disgruntled people from the top guilds who never get awarded loot. Start your own uber guild. Profit. Until someone comes along and poaches all your disgruntled players.

Top guilds usually have 5-10 "core" members who are usually friends from others games or in real life. They're super hardcore and play a higher-than-average amount of time and aren't discouraged or setback by failures but learn from their mistakes and improve. If you have 5-10 dedicated members then the rest is ultimately just filler that you tell what to do when and they show up and do it, hoping for a handout.

If you have this dedicated and knowledgeable core, recruiting dedicated people is easy. You just need a good system online system in place including VOIP, DKP, Batphone (mass texting), and requirements for continual membership.

You also need people who enjoy/will do the bitch work for promotional activity such as making cool videos. These videos serve the purpose of attracting new people and bolstering the confidence of the guild by keeping morale high.

If I had more time to dedicated to this game I could easily set up all these systems. I'd need about 5 other dedicated people with diverse skills and access to pawns to do tracking and reporting and managing of different class archtypes on raids. I could then write an algorithm and web interface to let designated trackers input time of death for every target and have running clocks with probabilities of spawning, which wouldn't be difficult and vastly increase the chances of getting to targets first by prioritizing targets most effectively. The hardest part is finding dependable people to man the guns without deserting or screwing up.

Ultimately it comes down to having a dedicated enough group of people that will log on when they're told and are willing to tough it out for long hours if necessary. They also have to be willing to listen and follows orders such as stacking specified resist gear as necessary (again, a nice graphical interface to tell people what gear to wear in each slot based on class for each kill would be helpful here). Further, leaders must understand and exploit others' diverse reason for playing P1999 in order to keep motivation and morale high (even in the face of failure starting out against the corporate giant TMO). It doesn't help either that Classic Everquest is a zero-sum game so the more work one guild does must be matched by the other in order to win so the water just keeps rising with fiercer and fiercer organization and time spent playing until players start cracking and giving up because it's just too much to handle.

Man is this sounding more and more like a job. Why would any sane person put this much effort for e-peen status?

fischsemmel
05-03-2012, 01:02 PM
for e-peen status?

Faulty assumption ftw.

somnia
05-03-2012, 01:56 PM
Faulty assumption ftw.

..the rest is ultimately just filler that you tell what to do when and they show up and do it, hoping for a handout.

Autotune
05-03-2012, 02:03 PM
Top guilds usually have 5-10 "core" members who are usually friends from others games or in real life. They're super hardcore and play a higher-than-average amount of time and aren't discouraged or setback by failures but learn from their mistakes and improve. If you have 5-10 dedicated members then the rest is ultimately just filler that you tell what to do when and they show up and do it, hoping for a handout.

If you have this dedicated and knowledgeable core, recruiting dedicated people is easy. You just need a good system online system in place including VOIP, DKP, Batphone (mass texting), and requirements for continual membership.

You also need people who enjoy/will do the bitch work for promotional activity such as making cool videos. These videos serve the purpose of attracting new people and bolstering the confidence of the guild by keeping morale high.

If I had more time to dedicated to this game I could easily set up all these systems. I'd need about 5 other dedicated people with diverse skills and access to pawns to do tracking and reporting and managing of different class archtypes on raids. I could then write an algorithm and web interface to let designated trackers input time of death for every target and have running clocks with probabilities of spawning, which wouldn't be difficult and vastly increase the chances of getting to targets first by prioritizing targets most effectively. The hardest part is finding dependable people to man the guns without deserting or screwing up.

Ultimately it comes down to having a dedicated enough group of people that will log on when they're told and are willing to tough it out for long hours if necessary. They also have to be willing to listen and follows orders such as stacking specified resist gear as necessary (again, a nice graphical interface to tell people what gear to wear in each slot based on class for each kill would be helpful here). Further, leaders must understand and exploit others' diverse reason for playing P1999 in order to keep motivation and morale high (even in the face of failure starting out against the corporate giant TMO). It doesn't help either that Classic Everquest is a zero-sum game so the more work one guild does must be matched by the other in order to win so the water just keeps rising with fiercer and fiercer organization and time spent playing until players start cracking and giving up because it's just too much to handle.

Man is this sounding more and more like a job. Why would any sane person put this much effort for e-peen status?

or you could just wing it like a pro...

Splorf22
05-03-2012, 02:10 PM
Is it really necessary for every thread to degenerate into a TMO flamewar?

Danyelle
05-03-2012, 02:14 PM

Clearly.

Also: 08-17-2011, 10:00 PM <--Last post before Tippett bump/

Grozmok
05-03-2012, 02:15 PM

If the p99 forums are any indicator, yes.

Alarti0001
05-03-2012, 02:22 PM

Absolutely, we have an obsessive fan club

Autotune
05-03-2012, 02:25 PM

Is it really necessary for another person to quote this in a row?

no, but it's funny :)

Agreed :cool:

Callnoutthenewbs
05-03-2012, 02:26 PM

Thats what happens when the common theme of tmo is to leap frog people and straight up train other guilds to get what they want.

inc tmo fan boys to say different

Grozmok
05-03-2012, 02:27 PM
Absolutely, we have an obsessive fan club

This would imply that... oh, forget it.

Danyelle
05-03-2012, 02:28 PM
Thats what happens when the common theme of tmo is to leap frog people and straight up train other guilds to get what they want.

http://i.imgur.com/5S0fQ.jpg

somnia
05-03-2012, 02:30 PM

Dude there's no honor get over it. You play dirty and have attorney at lulz to defend you - that's how the world works. Why do you think lawyers make so much money? On the outside TMO want to appear like a noble guild that follows the rules and wins because they're just better. Behind the curtains is a story we only catches glimpses of because they try their best to conceal how they actually operate.

Autotune
05-03-2012, 02:32 PM

haha, fan boy mad at other fan boys.

Atmas
05-03-2012, 02:34 PM

Oh, wait are we not doing this anymore?

Silentone
05-03-2012, 02:42 PM
Dude there's no honor get over it. You play dirty and have attorney at lulz to defend you - that's how the world works. Why do you think lawyers make so much money? On the outside TMO want to appear like a noble guild that follows the rules and wins because they're just better. Behind the curtains is a story we only catches glimpses of because they try their best to conceal how they actually operate.

wow tell me more ..i want to hear this. You have a great imagination.

http://troll.me/images/creepy-willy-wonka/im-intrigued-tell-me-more.jpg

Grozmok
05-03-2012, 03:01 PM
Try rolling an alt on Red. There are lowbie wars in gfay ATM.

omw bro

Actually, I'm going to kick it with the bloobies and watch the fashion show in EC.

somnia
05-03-2012, 03:02 PM
omw bro

Actually, I'm going to kick it with the bloobies and watch the fashion show in EC.

dat a good fashion show dere

http://www.bostonfashionweekend.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/mensfashionshow.jpg

Danyelle
05-03-2012, 03:03 PM
omw bro

I'm lookin damn good right now!

I'm actually half tempted to organize a fashion show in EC.

Danyelle
05-03-2012, 03:26 PM
http://i.imgur.com/gFcNf.png

Danyelle
05-03-2012, 03:37 PM
danyelle will like my avatar

http://i.imgur.com/dNSeB.gif

too much muscle

Grozmok
05-03-2012, 04:33 PM
This thread delivers.

Danyelle